Stop Mocking Me0

Ranking system: How will it work?

I've dumbed this down to 5 key points. Please comment as you will: 

1- What is the max level? Will it be small like BO2's zombies system (5) or will it be extensive like multiplayer's? 

2- Will there be prestiges? If there is, what will the reward be for doing it?

3-Will there be rewards? More guns in the box? More PAP camos? Character customizations? What? 

4- How will one gain XP? Aim? Rounds? Accomplishments? 

5- Will it be map-specific? One's skills in MOTD do not depict their skills in Die rise and vice versa. 

Spider3000    140

1. I'd like the max level per prestige to be 30, like Extinction's. 30 just seemed to be right.

2. I think it could end up being 10 prestiges, similar to Black Ops 2 Multiplayer, but I don't know. Once again I quite liked Extinction's system, of how you'd collect teeth, and that could be used to buy stuff in-game. No idea if that'd travel over well to Zombies though.

3. A tough one. Really not sure how they'd incorporate in-game rewards, maybe something like the perma-perks, but I really wouldn't want them back again.

4. i'm assuming you'll earn XP for kills, revives and how high of a round you get to.

5. Nah, I doubt it.

Awards

way2g00d    55

Ranking system for co-op modes like zombies was always a grey area for Treyarch, they struggled through it in BO2, they gave us an unstable ranking system whichdoes not justify how certain ranks can be earned. There is no specific tracking system that we can count on. I hope they come up with something simple like what Bungie did with Destiny, get to level 20, and after that you MUST do some additional things to rank up, like hard daily challenges, raids which can be similar to 4 player high round modes or Easter eggs, get high ranking gear, earn better weapons and so on... I mean it should be trackable. I think some weapons should only be obtained by these game modes, about time treyarch rewards people for getting so high round. Even simple things like camos for gear will encourage players. Good thread.

My 2 cents.

The Clay Bird    173

As much as people play, i'd be surprised if it isn't around 50, with several prestiges.  I think they are really stressing replayability this time around

way2g00d    55

"

As much as people play, i'd be surprised if it isn't around 50, with several prestiges.  I think they are really stressing replayability this time around

​Yes, and why shouldn't they? High rounds or doing EE again and again with no credit is sort of pointless.  I would probably only replay some of these maps if there was some incentive, In destiny I was told that certain camo is unlocked after you get to Dead orbit rank 6 or rank 100. There is something to work for. In State of decay I was told that in order to get that dojo character I need to do a certain task. You know and so on.. In Origins they kept the zombies fans going by adding those little challenges which take about 20 rounds to unlock. Replay-ability is important and one of the most important things, I think they are going in right direction. Sorry I don't mean to offend you.

Edited by way2g00d
  • Like 1

As far as rewards go, I'd be hoping for some cool Camos for the guns, maybe you could unlock and set attachments for guns you get out of the box but I'm not sure how keen I am on that idea, I think part of the appeal to zombies is the random-scavenging nature, and setting attachments would take that away.Having an XP based rank up system is gonna be a tough one, because it could easily end up ruining the immersion in zombies.

Awards

As far as rewards go, I'd be hoping for some cool Camos for the guns, maybe you could unlock and set attachments for guns you get out of the box but I'm not sure how keen I am on that idea, I think part of the appeal to zombies is the random-scavenging nature, and setting attachments would take that away.Having an XP based rank up system is gonna be a tough one, because it could easily end up ruining the immersion in zombies.

Awards

The Clay Bird    173

"

​Yes, and why shouldn't they? High rounds or doing EE again and again with no credit is sort of pointless.  I would probably only replay some of these maps if there was some incentive, In destiny I was told that certain camo is unlocked after you get to Dead orbit rank 6 or rank 100. There is something to work for. In State of decay I was told that in order to get that dojo character I need to do a certain task. You know and so on.. In Origins they kept the zombies fans going by adding those little challenges which take about 20 rounds to unlock. Replay-ability is important and one of the most important things, I think they are going in right direction. Sorry I don't mean to offend you.

None taken!  Totally agree.  That was BO2's biggest flaw IMO. Maybe if there were more incentive to , I would have played transit one time after completing the stupid EE lol

InfestLithium    520

Definitely liking the idea of "in-game achievements". I enjoyed how AW had their reward system in Multiplayer, where you got awesome weapons/outfits/extras for completing challenges or doing a kick-ass job in several matches. Of course, there's no need for anything major like entire weapon upgrades as the incentive but something that ties into your rank or how other players view you prior to playing.

There's a mobile game I play called Quizup. It's an easy trivia game that pits you against other players in specific categories regardless of player ranks. For every 10 levels you rank up to, you earn an advancing title in that category. There are also several challenges that are done, like going a flawless game, winning 3x in a row, and even having a score of 0 in one match (along with another challenge for losing 5 matches in a row).

This is a similar system I'd like to see take place. Make the player WANT to explore the different accomplishments throughout the game.

• Like 1

Megaton A    8

What I think would be interesting would be a combination of classic zombies, the way multiplayer works, and a natural progression of the presistent upgrades we got in BOII.

For instance, the maps are the same as always... you have wall weapons, the mystery box, perk machines, etc. However, you also have a rank-based multiplayer style loadout with unlockable gear and upgrades as you level up. Maybe they could even do something similar to the pick 10 system (Z-10?). So you can pick a starting weapon, customize the camo for it, add attachments, pick a secondary weapon and do the same, pick a perk... but all of these things take up a slot and you can only take so many things into a game.

So... you get to level 15, and (like multiplayer) you have a couple perks unlocked, a few of the weaker guns, etc. You have Double Tap unlocked, so you can start the game with that, a shotgun that you've unlocked, etc. Now you start with Double Tap, but you have to use the perk machines to get more perks in-game. Since Double Tap is a part of your loadout, you keep it even if you go down... but it counts towards your 4 perk limit. Perhaps you could even take grenades off of your loadout in order to add another gun or perk... or swap your grenades to start with Semtex (or whatever variant grenades the game has). Or maybe you want to start with no perks or guns, but instead take a distraction grenade (like monkeys) into the game, or maybe the ability to take a fifth perk.... as long as you've ranked up enough to unlock those things. As you rank up, you unlock better gear and perks... so once you hit 55 (or whatever max level is), you can start with Jugg and/or a Raygun. Perhaps once you hit max prestige you can even start with a Pack a Punch weapon. Or with each prestige you gain the ability to Pack a Punch one weapon (but again, it costs a slot to use the upgraded version).

They could also incorporate the bank from BOII into this. Just like that game, you have a bank somewhere in the map where you can deposit points, but instead of a direct withdrawal in-map, you can start a later game with a withdrawal of points... at the expense of one of your loadout slots.

They could also have unlockable customization items for your player character that are nothing more than aesthetic and don't take up any loadout slots.

This system really wouldn't be that much different from the persistent upgrades from BOII, just more transparent and easier to work with than "Suck really bad for a few games and unlock Jugg for the first few levels", and would add even more replayability and goals to Zombies. They could even incorporate weekly and daily challenges for bonus XP (like "Get 600 headshots this week", "Purchase 10 perks from perk machines today" or "Revive teammates 10 times today"). Mind you, I'm not saying that this is how it will work... just something they could do that would make sense to me.

Edit; Expanding more on my ideas (and responding to question #5), after thinking about it more, they could also give each DLC map its own ranking system. That way not only would everyone be starting from scratch with each map (as it should be) and nobody would be starting a new map totally OP, but they could also incorporate in the ranking system any new/different perks or weapons that are added with each map. So using older maps as an example, it would be like "I'm level 50 on Mob of the Dead and just unlocked Electric Cherry, but only reached level 20 on Tranzit because I hate that map and don't see any need to unlock Tombstone".

Edited by Megaton A
being more consice in ideas

Awards