ZOMBIESLAYER10

A closer look at BO3 zombies.

So there isn't much to talk about at first sight, but I figure if we go in depth enough we can reveal some pretty important things about BO3 zombies :) . First off I have to mention the uniforms the zombies appear to be wearing, they seem to be Russian/German/Finnish winter uniforms, this means two things, the map will be in a snow based environment and it will take place somewhere between the 30's to the 40's. Now I have two theories, 1.The map will take place directly after Origins, not in Eddy and Sams imagination, but in real life, in the Maxis estate. My second theory is you may be in the future and all the time travel bs placed a certain group of survivors in an area filled with undead zombies, similar to what happened in Buried/Die Rise. Please feel free post your thoughts and speculations below :D 

Note: Typically, russian, german, and finnish outfits didn't have hoodies on them either. 

I think it's more likely that it's a bus driver. 

Also: Orange background means what? Are we still post-apocalyiptic (presumably maxis's control)? Or is the surrounding area just in distress? 

I think we are underground. Somewhere deep below where mankind has "attempted" to survive

As for the story, I think it will be a Brand new Story but Origins is where it all begins. 

The zombies seem to have something strapped to their backs. The ones in the backgrounds. Like backpacks?

As far as I can tell the map appears to be indoors and not outdoors so we might not get to see what the outside world looks like now. 

There might be more maps in the game though. With 3 years I expect more than 2

Spider3000    140

I really really hope these are Nazi Zombies again. It would just seem fitting with a beta returning, and blood and gore, both of which haven't featured in the series since WaW.

Awards

Tattoo247    118

I haven't seen anyone take notice of a few things from the reveal trailer that I wanted to point out, some is pretty subtle, some very obvious. And if you see anything I missed I'll add it to my list. Also, unfortunately, I don't have the ability to capture screen shots so when relevant, I will add the point in time from the video, of the image I am speaking of.

1. Probably the most obvious, the zombies eye color have went back to yellow, the color of Samantha Maxis's choice. It's the most obvious at 1:53, where you can see five total zombies with yellow eyes (five zombies, map named five, yellow, halflife 3 confirmed)

2. Potential "Nazi" zombies- It happens pretty quick, but pause the video at 1:51 and you can see the zombie up front has a hat, a very similar hat, similar to Richtofen's. To me, this says there will be actual Nazi zombies, which makes me pretty happy I must admit, at the very least, these zombies are German, which ofcourse doesn't make them automatic Nazi's but come on, it's 3arc and it's the whole basis to this game mode to begin with.

3.Windows are back- Shocker, I know. But the object the zombie is breaking down looks very window like to me. You can tell the zombies are inside a building, so similar to other maps, we may see buildings and areas that we can't explore, but act as spawn points for zombies.

4.It's dark outside- Does this mean the Earth is still covered in ash and dust still? Or perhaps it's the eclipse again...or maybe it's just night time and zombies look cooler in the dark ;)

5. Last one for now. It seems to be in a colder area. Are they brave enough to start us in an arctic setting? I personally hate snow/water levels in most games, but loved COTD, so if done right, there won't be an issue. Just take notice that the zombies are wearing heavier coats, with hoods. You can see the hood at 1:52 when the zombie tears the first board off the window, right before his hat falls off, his back is partially turned and there you can see the hood, looks to be lined in wool or some warm material.

All for now, nothing ground breaking but we all know by now, these videos should be broken down frame by frame and nothing to be overlooked. Hope you enjoyed the short read and be sure to add anything I may have missed.

• Like 1

GRILL    258

Edit: merged Tattoo's topic within zombieslayer's, as it was created first, and they were dealing with the same content.

Gotta love the hat ;)

c485f0ff2901f5c14701c697b90d62e7.png

79694009b12dd91ad4aa33319692017d.png

Edited by GRILL
  • Like 1

The uniforms look more nazi to me than anything.

The hat matches the SS style hat more closely than a red army hat, the red army hat curved differently at the top, the nazi style hats

C2vPIGIepYqUAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/11166/11566215_2.jpg?v=8CE8585E30BE210http://www.thesovietworld.com/image/cache/data/IMG_9716-310x310.JPG

The uniforms resemble the Hugo Bass style nazi uniforms in WWII, except for the hoods.

wOE1T19ydInCQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

http://www.styleite.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/hugobosshitler.jpg

I would like for a return to nazi zombies and the gore from WaW as well, although because of a majority of the fanbase it might not be possible.

The only other context clues we are given are the yellow eyes, and the background, which looks to be indoors, possibly underground.

• Like 1

Awards

slash23579    11

Hi everybody, longtime lurker but first time poster, and I just want to tell you why I think that Nazi Zombies are very possible for Black Ops 3

Starting with this image:

8A3DHWK.jpg

As soon as a saw this image it just screamed WWII to me. Not necessarily the zombie itself, but just the whole design of the poster and the font used is very reminiscent of WWII propaganda art. The zombie itself is way too generic to identify a time period, being just a dress shirt and tie, but note his pistol holsters on his side.

Next, we got the hat. Obviously very reminiscent of German SS hats

UYLWw06.jpg

Then, when people see the hood they go "How can that be a Nazi? Nazi's didn't wear hoods." Well, yes they did. In fact, the hoods that they wore looked very much like that. Here is a quote from Wikipedia talking about it:

Early in the war this consisted of heavy wool greatcoats (a similar pattern was issued to East German border guards until 1989). They had silver dimpled buttons that didn't reflect the light and were sometimes painted green to provide further camouflage. Following Hitler's invasion of the USSR the Germans found themselves ill-equipped to deal with the Russian winter and had to improvise: civilians back home were called upon to donate fur coats for the war effort until enough specialized winter clothing had been produced. Hooded waterproof parkas were issued later in the war, in white for troops on the eastern front and in field grey for mountain troops. In addition to the standard issue snow camouflage the Germans made extensive use of captured Red Army equipment, especially the boots which provided better protection from the sub-zero temperatures. There are reports of Germans sawing the legs off dead Russians then heating them in ovens so they could thaw out and remove the boots.

Here is an actual picture of the hooded German uniforms in use, from Wikipedia:

PAndCHf.jpg

And here's a picture of some random asshole wearing one, obviously not from the time period, but authentic nonetheless:

vFyDNwS.jpg

One more thing, look at this zombie from the background, not only is his uniform identical to those winter uniforms, it looks like he's wearing an armband

0ebCONh.jpg

So there you go, maybe I'm just wanting Nazi Zombies to come back too much, but none of the official info we have on zombies dismisses the idea. Thank you for reading!

Edited by slash23579
I fucked up
  • Like 5

InfestLithium    515

Good stuff, @slash23579! New there was something fishy with the belt, and I didn't see the armband either (thought it was just a really dark crease haha).

@The Meh It looks so similar, but I would think: if that's the location, then why would zombies be coming from within the room and not the outside as they would in Der Riese?

Alright, so we've pretty much confirmed the zombies are in fact Germans, maybe nazis, geared up for colder warfare, awesome :D. Now idk if anyone else remembers, but in Black Ops 1 there was a level in which the player takes the role of Reznov and leads the Russians to Fredrich Steiner, a nazi scientist who experimented with NOVA 6, after he is found and captured *SPOILERS* he double crosses you as well as your friends and they turn on you and kill a few Russians + Petrenko with NOVA 6 gas, this level takes place during winter and the Germans are dressed very close to how they appear in the 2 second video, I'll put some screenshots from the level below. Anyway this leads me to believe the map might take place on the abandoned Nova 6 ship or near the Artic German bases throughout the level :) 

456px-SteinerPN.jpg.63d47e046d4bcaf5e0c7

Kravchenko_German_Slice.png.65b54e88e870

Soviet_8.JPG

1192262750.jpg.0636bab4d21a6ea4c4b397840

456px-SteinerPN.thumb.jpg.785ae74f304386

Kravchenko_German_Slice.thumb.png.dba0a2

Soviet_8.thumb.JPG.4b8bd9ff72844e7ff296d

1192262750.thumb.jpg.5d56127acbe5bd3f28a

• Like 2

TubbiPack    3

VG24/7 just did an article on zombies and said this "The only piece of artwork we saw shown briefly during the press preview featured a zombie officer in a similar Sitting Bull pose to the original Black Ops art, complete with a Nazi badge on his uniform."

http://www.vg247.com/2015/04/26/call-of-duty-black-ops-3-zombies-first-details/

Edited by TubbiPack

Awards

Slade    270

a zombie officer in a similar Sitting Bull pose to the original Black Ops art, complete with a Nazi badge on his uniform

Call-of-duty-black-ops-rezurrection-map-

The Zombies shown in the reveal trailer are obviously soldiers. But Germans / Nazis because they wear a hat (that conveniently doesn't have any symbols on it)? Those officer caps are still being used today, and have been used by countless armies and countries all over the world in the past. Hell, even the Bus Driver had one.

maxresdefault.jpg

Also the poster pretty much confirms Zombies takes place in modern time, unless we're getting a map in the past and one in the future.

PINNAZ    478

Brains to you @ZOMBIESLAYER10 

I have been thinking the exact same thing, then I read this thread & you smashed it with some great screenshots.

The pole & shelf on the right-hand side just reminds me of a ship. I just replayed the mission but there was nothing that looked similar. It would be a great Zombies map if they brought that particular part of the story into it. The Germans, Russians & British - Project Nova!

BO3%20Reveal%20-%20Zombie%2010_zpsosgynt 2015-04-28_00006.jpg.b566fcc4efa9b211032

They even have the strap on the back!BO3%20Reveal%20-%20Zombie%204_zpsp9lylch

2015-04-28_00002.jpg.7028a4b427ca0e6c788

2015-04-28_00002.thumb.jpg.326ce8c54b699

2015-04-28_00006.thumb.jpg.d02ecda96f4be

Tattoo247    118

I had not seen the "Only the cursed survive" poster before...I need that on a shirt or something.

But, am I the only one that sees a burning city at the bottom? Could give us a hint as to the initial standing of our next chapter in the game. (Never mind, just read GRILLS thread, it's all there)

And as far as time setting, the fact that the eyes are once again yellow tells me either A: We're playing a map that takes place in a later time, or we have went back to that specific time. or B: Richtofen lost his power at the end of Buried's map and we are dealing with Maxis now, which would make me a little sad being the blinks Richtofen out of existence :'(

Another thing about the poster is he is holding a card, do you think they will add the "Death Cards" back into the game? I'm betting on yes, it's obvioius they are looking back at what made them popular in the first place, with the Co-Op campaign, the possibility of Nazi Zombies, and even though we are only given a few seconds of video, the setting is very ominous and their use of color is very muted, just like in W@W!

Edited by Tattoo247

I had not seen the "Only the cursed survive" poster before...I need that on a shirt or something.

But, am I the only one that sees a burning city at the bottom? Could give us a hint as to the initial standing of our next chapter in the game. (Never mind, just read GRILLS thread, it's all there)

And as far as time setting, the fact that the eyes are once again yellow tells me either A: We're playing a map that takes place in a later time, or we have went back to that specific time. or B: Richtofen lost his power at the end of Buried's map and we are dealing with Maxis now, which would make me a little sad being the blinks Richtofen out of existence :'(

Another thing about the poster is he is holding a card, do you think they will add the "Death Cards" back into the game? I'm betting on yes, it's obvioius they are looking back at what made them popular in the first place, with the Co-Op campaign, the possibility of Nazi Zombies, and even though we are only given a few seconds of video, the setting is very ominous and their use of color is very muted, just like in W@W!

Speaking of the "Only the Cursed Survive" poster, I think we might actually play as a form of cursed humans, maybe you have some type of dark magic that resembles the cybernetic arms seen in campaign and multiplayer, it's a little bit out there, but it's 3arc so you never quite know, also note that the "cursed" man's eyes aren't lit up yellow like the zombies, meaning he's either a playable character or a new boss. As for death cards, they are definitely a possibility, perhaps they play in with the new level up system, maybe they do things like give you better chances of good weapons or "perma perk" like effects from BO2.

Sorry to burst you guy's bubble, but I thought Nazi Zombies was no longer going to be a thing for fear of alienating the German market?

Awards

Tasha    86

Sorry to burst you guy's bubble, but I thought Nazi Zombies was no longer going to be a thing for fear of alienating the German market?

It would appear that that's not a concern. Even BO2 didn't sever those ties. 

​Of course it is. BO2 didn't have any Nazi Zombies. There's a reason Origins takes place during World War 1 and not 2.

WaW's entire Nazi Zombies Mode was removed from the German versions. BO1's Kino was heavily censored and all future maps didn't have any Nazis in them to avoid any further complications with German censorship.

Awards

Couple of things. I hope that it is Nazi Zombies, it's just more satisfying. Another thing I'd like is to see Rictofen and the gang to return. The post about Der Riese was interesting. Der Riese is where zombies started, maybe we'll get the Der Riese that Treyarch always wanted or the gang returns to Der Riese and the map is expanded and reimagined.  With 3 years of development I definitely expect more than 1 map on disk *cough Tranzit cough*. I can't wait to see what Treyarch is able to do with the Power of the Xbox One.

Awards

NaBrZHunter    489

​Of course it is. BO2 didn't have any Nazi Zombies. There's a reason Origins takes place during World War 1 and not 2.

WaW's entire Nazi Zombies Mode was removed from the German versions. BO1's Kino was heavily censored and all future maps didn't have any Nazis in them to avoid any further complications with German censorship.

I must have been misinformed. Did they make any statements in that regard, or just a subtle transition?

Coming back to clarify [edit].

Group 935 is not, and never was a Nazi organization. They were simply sponsored by the Nazi party when the war began, at which point, Maxis, needing funds, accepted their offer (very possibly at smiling nodding 'accept Der Feuhrer's generous offer' gunpoint). So they could effectively use tasteful references to Nazi influence and such without violating German regulations; but the true story is of Group 935, which I hope they will somehow carry on.

Edited by NaBrZHunter

Lenne    412

@Tasha but since Wolfenstein TNO and Zombie Army Trilogy have been released in Germany I have some high hopes that it wont matter that much, if we get Nazi zombies, since the only thing that will most likely be censored are the swastikas. :P

It is kind of ironic though. Every single day you can at least watch two documentaries about Hitler, Nazis and the second world war, but as soon as it is in a video game... good lord. 

NaBrZHunter    489

@Tasha but since Wolfenstein TNO and Zombie Army Trilogy have been released in Germany I have some high hopes that it wont matter that much, if we get Nazi zombies, since the only thing that will most likely be censored are the swastikas. :P

It is kind of ironic though. Every single day you can at least watch two documentaries about Hitler, Nazis and the second world war, but as soon as it is in a video game... good lord. 

I'm not too up-to-date on those two games, but yeah, that's a good point. I wondered about that. And I did go and watch some German playthroughs of Kino and Der Riese and both were very clean, the only noticeable difference being the replacement of the swastika on the banners in Kino with the Reichsadler and the coverup of the teleporter swastikas and the solid area in Group 935's emblem where the Shutzstaffel SS is. I'm not sure if I'm missing anything...am I? @Tasha @Lenne

Megaton A    8

I must have been misinformed. Did they make any statements in that regard, or just a subtle transition?

Coming back to clarify [edit].

Group 935 is not, and never was a Nazi organization. They were simply sponsored by the Nazi party when the war began, at which point, Maxis, needing funds, accepted their offer (very possibly at smiling nodding 'accept Der Feuhrer's generous offer' gunpoint). So they could effectively use tasteful references to Nazi influence and such without violating German regulations; but the true story is of Group 935, which I hope they will somehow carry on.

​It's not that Germans object to Nazi imagery being portrayed in a negative or positive light... they just plain do not allow it at all. When I was on tour in Europe, we got kicked out of a German hotel... and being the drunk smartass I am, I started "goose-stepping" down the street and doing a Nazi salute. The two Austrian guys that were with us almost tackled me, screaming that I could get arrested for doing that kind of thing there. It's (understandably) a very sensitive subject to them, and apparently I was being an insensitive prick. Nazi Zombie Army was released in Germany, but the Nazi symbols in the game were removed, as they are banned by German law (though I'm unsure if it still had "Nazi" in the title? Probably not, I would assume). I assume Wolfenstein was released with censorship there, also.

So yeah, Treyarch could absolutely do Nazi zombies again, they would just have to remove the direct Nazi imagery like they did in the past for the German release. I would assume the decision to stop making the zombies "Nazi" was more to make things easier and avoid having to make a different version of the game for that specific country than it was them not being "allowed" to make them Nazis. Especially since the rest of Black Ops and Black Ops II didn't involve that time period. Why go through the trouble of having to censor that one game mode alone when you could just stop making them Nazis to begin with? But now... longer development time, most time to localize and censor... it's possible they would bring it back. zambie.jpg.71e8110cd51325775ce0f51e81199

There's definitely some kind of logo on the hat, but I can't make it out. It does have the braided strap with buttons on the side like a German officer's hat, though...

GER-0009Ba.jpg.a0a98b110c1a0de055f418ab0

Edited by Megaton A

Awards