PS4 gets dlc first?

In order to Ensure the survival and integrity of the Zombies community please keep in mind that in any further event where someone says something is confirmed, wait till an official statement by qualifying members of the Activision or Developers. Please also keep in mind that Over Hyping something that has not been confirmed can be detrimental to your credibility and your reputation. So remember to not always jump at smoke because Smoke does not mean there is an actual fire. This has been an announcement to all in the community. Until Black Ops 3 Comes out, I'll see you all on Playstation 4 and Xbox One

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell. 

I mean honestly, what are they thinking! You can't just SWITCH the DLC "exclusivity" (Which is about the most improperly used term of the year) on the BIGGEST COD game of the next 3 years! What a dick move to Xbox users, LOYAL Xbox users, who, not all of but at least many of, went and got an Xbox one specifically for this game because that's what they typically play. 

Not to mention the pre-orders! I mean jesus, how many people now have to switch that or just forget about it entirely? 

I am legitly pissed about this. Fuck Fall out 4, Fuck backwards compatibility 2 years too late, Fuck your fancy controllers no average person will waste their money on. This E3 is a disappointment Xbox... 

I feel angry, and honestly I feel my balls have been yanked out from under me. I got an Xbox one last christmas, expecting to wait a year for BO3 and then be happy about it. Now not only am I getting DLC a month later, by which time a person who gets as excited about DLC as me is just too eager to look at his christmas presents. Now I don't get to join in any easter-egg hunts, or the discovery of basically anything? And don't pull that "Oh that's just what PS and PC has to deal with every year" bullshit with me, with little-to-no warning SO many Xbox fans are just getting their balls crushed. 

Call me a baby if you want, I'm not normally brought to my knees like this. In fact I'm at the point where I think I'm going to have to step away from Codz for a while. 

Congratulations Xbox,Vonderhaar, and God-Damn-Playstation 4, you've officially brought my hopes up to the PEAK of which I thought we were getting all around no "exclusivity", something I would have PREFERRED to Xbox "exclusivity", only to crush them over every playstation douchebag on the internet (biblical reaper included) who are rubbing it in us "Xbox Fan boy's" faces.

It is confirmed, there's literally nothing left to say. It's been said multiple times now. The early beta access, early dlc, are confirmed. 

There's no losing credibility, when millions of people saw/heard it happen.

​You lose credibility when you start going crazy over something that has not been confirmed. Getting Hyped after something if Officially confirmed is ok. There is a big difference

It is confirmed, there's literally nothing left to say. It's been said multiple times now. The early beta access, early dlc, are confirmed. 

​You lose credibility when you start going crazy over something that has not been confirmed. Getting Hyped after something if Officially confirmed is ok. There is a big difference

You lose credibility when you try to deny something that is confirmed. I need to call Bill Nye lol. I didn't even celebrate, it doesn't mean much to me. 

But it is 100% a fact that PS4 is getting early dlc, and early beta access. We don't have a time table for either, based on past precedence, we can assume that dlc will be a month, but the beta is likely a day or two like Destiny (I think it was 2 days). 

Actually relatively excited for the beta. The multi looks very similar to a smooth Destiny pvp, with wall running. Considering my Destiny addiction, a smoother transition between jumps and shooting will be very welcomed news. The wall running snipe, was also very encouraging,  because it means when you aim you dont just fall off the wall, like I anticipated. 

Bo new zombies stuff. Maybe tomorrow? Likely not, but one can hope. With all of the things happening this e3, and 3arc going down a different path than usual, I won't be surprised either way.

You lose credibility when you try to deny something that is confirmed. I need to call Bill Nye lol. I didn't even celebrate, it doesn't mean much to me. 

But it is 100% a fact that PS4 is getting early dlc, and early beta access. We don't have a time table for either, based on past precedence, we can assume that dlc will be a month, but the beta is likely a day or two like Destiny (I think it was 2 days). 

Actually relatively excited for the beta. The multi looks very similar to a smooth Destiny pvp, with wall running. Considering my Destiny addiction, a smoother transition between jumps and shooting will be very welcomed news. The wall running snipe, was also very encouraging,  because it means when you aim you dont just fall off the wall, like I anticipated. 

Bo new zombies stuff. Maybe tomorrow? Likely not, but one can hope. With all of the things happening this e3, and 3arc going down a different path than usual, I won't be surprised either way.

​Hopefully Zombies... Will be revealed soon. Even just a glimpse. I'l; probably pick up a PS4 in 2 weeks time so That will be good. For now all we can do is try to keep the community under control more now than ever and try to keep things flowing. It won't be easy but we can manage. 

What the hell. 

I mean honestly, what are they thinking! You can't just SWITCH the DLC "exclusivity" (Which is about the most improperly used term of the year) on the BIGGEST COD game of the next 3 years! What a dick move to Xbox users, LOYAL Xbox users, who, not all of but at least many of, went and got an Xbox one specifically for this game because that's what they typically play. 

Not to mention the pre-orders! I mean jesus, how many people now have to switch that or just forget about it entirely? 

etc etc

Hey dude, you feeling okay? I mean, it's just a game right? The "better company" always gets the better deal right? That's what many Xbox users have told the PS community for the past few years. This honestly was a surprise for me, because we've always been dealing with one month waits since forever ago. While I really would like it to be "equal," I think it's PS's turn now. What you are feeling right now, we've always felt it. All those times the new maps get released, all I did was watch the livestreams and discovering the new map alongside the easter egg. Sure, it's fun, it made me kinda sad that I couldn't play them at the time, but I always played the hell out of them once we got them. We couldn't discover an easter egg anymore, but we still could do it by ourselves. You legit sound like an elitist who considers Xbox is so much better than PS. At the end of the day, it's just a console preference. Hell, I was going to buy an Xbox One just for the DLC exclusivity too, but after that disastrous E3 2013 it made me reconsider my decision. So far, I'm loving it, all these exclusives that I always liked on my PS3 are still here, and I can't wait for the new Uncharted. I knew I had to wait another month for the DLC but it's okay, I was used to it already, no biggie. 

I kinda saw it coming, since the PS4 took the lead this generation, so it was just a matter of time. So yeah dude, just calm down and wait like we did for many years. No reason to get all mad, just adapt to changes.

What the hell. 

I am legitly pissed about this. Fuck Fall out 4, Fuck backwards compatibility 2 years too late, Fuck your fancy controllers no average person will waste their money on. This E3 is a disappointment Xbox... 

I feel angry, and honestly I feel my balls have been yanked out from under me. I got an Xbox one last christmas, expecting to wait a year for BO3 and then be happy about it. Now not only am I getting DLC a month later, by which time a person who gets as excited about DLC as me is just too eager to look at his christmas presents. Now I don't get to join in any easter-egg hunts, or the discovery of basically anything? And don't pull that "Oh that's just what PS and PC has to deal with every year" bullshit with me, with little-to-no warning SO many Xbox fans are just getting their balls crushed. 

Call me a baby if you want, I'm not normally brought to my knees like this. In fact I'm at the point where I think I'm going to have to step away from Codz for a while. 

Congratulations Xbox,Vonderhaar, and God-Damn-Playstation 4, you've officially brought my hopes up to the PEAK of which I thought we were getting all around no "exclusivity", something I would have PREFERRED to Xbox "exclusivity", only to crush them over every playstation douchebag on the internet (biblical reaper included) who are rubbing it in us "Xbox Fan boy's" faces.

​You may want to calm down just a wee bit. First off, it's just a game. Second, it's only 30 days. Every single PlayStation player had to wait and didn't complain has much as you have now. I don't really see this as that big of a problem that you intend it to be. And there is absolutely no reason to call every PlayStation user a "douchebag." Can't really say that any of the Xbox users are any better. Quite honestly, no one is better. 

So, you might want to calm down just a bit over a Video Game company deciding to make their own decisions and change there exclusivity to another Console. Again, it's only a game and 30 days. It's really not that big of a deal like you really think it is. To be completely honest, I do think that is a good idea to step away for sometime after some not-so-nice comments over something so little.

Sorry to ruin your Xbox experience just because of one single game. 

You LITERALLY just posted the same thing twice... 

Also, PS users arn't crippled or have been treated unfairly at all the way it seems to be thought of. They made the choice to pick a PS over and Xbox, with that there are rewards, and consequences. To unbalance that with a game as big as COD:BO3, WOULD create a large amount of anger from the Xbox community. 

PS and PC users CHOSE to get the DLC late when they got the PS or PC version. Xbox users chose to sacrifice their own specialities to get DLC early. 

Now the game we waited for is coming out and people want to just now bend the tides? How is that fair to the millions that have already bought a next/current-gen console? '

Besides, what are we worried about? If treyarch listened to what people wanted we'd have WAW 2 now wouldn't we? :lol:  

You made a choice to get an Xbox before the dlc info was released. If you miss out, that's kind of your own fault in every sense of the word.  I'm sure Activision would rather piss off the couple million Xbox owners that would buy COD, rather than the possible 8 or so on PS (if it's current gen only, let's all hope). 

It makes all the sense in the world to switch, and I think you guys severely overestimate the amount of people who actually bought an XB1 with COD in mind. Contributing factor sure, essential factor not so much. 

The only people who will be mad, are those who aassumed, and the people who are part of the competitive community, who will now be forced to buy a ps4. Few thousand people, if that.

Edit: Again though it all comes down to the money. If there is more money to be made by mak8ng the switch, they will, if not then they won't. I just think you guys way over estimate the amount of people who really care, and it's only a big deal for the first dlc anyways.

​By the way Mocking, he's got a point. Even before this Sony change info was released.

I'm a bit disappointed that without giving the players much warning, Activision decided to give PS4 first DLC... oh well. It wouldn't be so bad if so many people hadn't bought XB1 in anticipation of this game - after all, we have been conditioned to seeing content first for Xbox. But it cannot be helped. Instead of complainining I will just try to get a PS4, though who knows? We may end up going back to mostly using Xbox anyway, as it might still be the better version of the game. 

Disappointed with Activision's choice, but at least we didn't find out about this on release day, you know?

What the hell. 

Taking a beloved multiplat franchise and making it (timed) exclusive to your platform must suck eh?

DSC_0169+copy.jpg

*Sits in corner and prays for our lord and saviour GabeN*

No but seriously, welcome to the life of PC people. I had my hopes for equality but expected nothing less, one year more with no EE hunts and everything getting spoiled. Maybe one day PC-monopoly is not enough for Valve and they buy the rights for the Steam engine and PC gets it all first :>

EDIT: And about that Tomb Raider game, would have bought it had it been crossplatform, dick move that saved me some cash

Edited by Amantha77

right before this gets out of hand... just because it is on PS4 does not mean any of you here were right in anything you said, nothing was right and for all anyone knew it would be on xbox until it is announced. So dont try and make fun of everyone else for being wrong because anybody who said it was on PS4 before the point they announced it had nothing to back it up.

So I guess all the youtubers will be forced to switch now. Everyone wants content today, not at a later date. Hopefully Xbox keeps the filthy glitcher community, so the first bit isn't spoiled by so many glitches. 

There was no info on the MLG scene, so I wonder how the change will effect that. 3arc is always pretty supportive of the esports scene, so I can't imagine not having tournaments. Maybe it's a part of the marketing deal? 

^Reading the signs, the writing was on the wall. Too many coincidences, for there to be nothing there. It's a good change for the majority of COD players. If it had to be one or the other, at least the majority of the fanbase benefits.

Edit: Also Voyager, and anyone else that may be looking for a PS4. Sony, historically drops the price of their console around this time. A lot of speculation that it will be at Paris games week, so they can snowball the pricecut in to the holidays. Also, there might be a Call of Duty PS4, if you're interested in such a thing.

Just thought I would mention it.

Edited by BestOfAllTime32

right before this gets out of hand... just because it is on PS4 does not mean any of you here were right in anything you said, nothing was right and for all anyone knew it would be on xbox until it is announced. So dont try and make fun of everyone else for being wrong because anybody who said it was on PS4 before the point they announced it had nothing to back it up.

Wow. No one at all said anything about being right and shoving it in other people's faces. There's nothing here at all that's getting out of hand, and you are the first person to even mention it.

MLG will be interesting.  I'm guessing Xbox won't sponsor the CoD Champs this year, which means Activision will have to pony up some cash to keep the prize pool respectable.  Here's the real issue:

The pros have played on Xbox since the early days of CoD Competitive and I don't see them switching.  If so, it would be an extremely bad year for competitive because of adjusting to new controller scheme and stuff.  I just don't see MLG switching their main hub.

Now this would be funny.  Let's say Sony sponsors the CoD Champs and they're played on PS4.  With that info, Microsoft sponsors MLG to make all their matches played on X1.  CoD Champs would be the biggest joke tournament of the year.

I said before it gets out of hand, theres no way that people aren't going to come to this post and gloat about it, I have seen hatred for xbox usually but this really gives them leverage to be jerks. By them idk who I mean just people who might be jerks about the whole thing, not saying all PS4 people are jerks because they obviously aren't.

MLG will be interesting.  I'm guessing Xbox won't sponsor the CoD Champs this year, which means Activision will have to pony up some cash to keep the prize pool respectable.  Here's the real issue:

The pros have played on Xbox since the early days of CoD Competitive and I don't see them switching.  If so, it would be an extremely bad year for competitive because of adjusting to new controller scheme and stuff.  I just don't see MLG switching their main hub.

Now this would be funny.  Let's say Sony sponsors the CoD Champs and they're played on PS4.  With that info, Microsoft sponsors MLG to make all their matches played on X1.  CoD Champs would be the biggest joke tournament of the year.

​Eh I think the whole CoD pro scene as such is joke compared to other e-sports.

I said before it gets out of hand, theres no way that people aren't going to come to this post and gloat about it, I have seen hatred for xbox usually but this really gives them leverage to be jerks. By them idk who I mean just people who might be jerks about the whole thing, not saying all PS4 people are jerks because they obviously aren't.

​If anyone comes here to gloat about the PS4 we'll just do what we did on the old forum. 

Ban them, find out if they have a youtube account, destroy that youtube account, and get the guy a permaban here and anywhere he goes. Even twitter.

To be fair, I don't think xbox deserved getting screwed over but then again they screw over playstation every year. However playstation screws xbox all the time too by having exclusive missions or extra content in their games only on playstation. So in actuality the whole world is a human centipede which is connected by people screwing each other as the next person screws the person in front of him. 

If there's something I hate right now is the fact that there are xbox gamers on twitter who are planning to riot because of Call of Duty. Like, I know I like to start drama but really, going into the real world and rioting is completely insane. Playstation gamers took it up the ass all the time but at least they were quiet and let activision finish up. However many Xbox gamers are actually crying and going crazy over it. They are going crazy about waiting an extra month. Here's a solution. Buy a PS4. Either that or enjoy all the Exclusives Xbox has to offer. Rise of the Tomb Raider, Sunset Overdrive, Dead Rising 3, Forza, ETC ETC. Or, go back to the past and play your old 360 games on Xbox One. 

​If anyone comes here to gloat about the PS4 we'll just do what we did on the old forum. 

Ban them, find out if they have a youtube account, destroy that youtube account, and get the guy a permaban here and anywhere he goes. Even twitter.

To be fair, I don't think xbox deserved getting screwed over but then again they screw over playstation every year. However playstation screws xbox all the time too by having exclusive missions or extra content in their games only on playstation. So in actuality the whole world is a human centipede which is connected by people screwing each other as the next person screws the person in front of him. 

If there's something I hate right now is the fact that there are xbox gamers on twitter who are planning to riot because of Call of Duty. Like, I know I like to start drama but really, going into the real world and rioting is completely insane. Playstation gamers took it up the ass all the time but at least they were quiet and let activision finish up. However many Xbox gamers are actually crying and going crazy over it. They are going crazy about waiting an extra month. Here's a solution. Buy a PS4. Either that or enjoy all the Exclusives Xbox has to offer. Rise of the Tomb Raider, Sunset Overdrive, Dead Rising 3, Forza, ETC ETC. Or, go back to the past and play your old 360 games on Xbox One. 

​I think that whole hashtag was in regard to keeping CoD tournaments hosted by Xbox. I don't think there would be a hashtag if it were already confirmed that CoD tournaments would still be held by Xbox. I really doubt they'd actually riot either, if they don't get what they ask for.

• Tech Admin

That is not what we will do at all, don't presume the staff here will do what other sites did. We haven't done it here and unless the CoC has been broken then they haven't technically broken any rules. We might have a wee quite chat with them but we'll make that decision and not you. 

ps4 #TeamEarly thank you CoD gods for answering my prayers:Grinning:

now why havent they showed anything zombies at e3? isnt over today?

ps4 #TeamEarly thank you CoD gods for answering my prayers:Grinning:

now why havent they showed anything zombies at e3? isnt over today?

We won't something until probably Gamescom. Start expecting trailers and teasers around August/September.