GRILL

"Only the Cursed Survive" Zombies Image (Breakdown, Hidden Images, Chicago Skyline)

GRILL    258

Okay so, since CharlieIntel has displayed the images - we've gone ahead and okayed the floodgates in terms of the info dump.

I'm really interested in this "Only the Cursed Survive" art:

CDY3xz8UsAAIAkw.jpg.d733d8c76aabd85babb4

First off, let's consider the text "Only the cursed survive"

This to me is an obvious nod towards the characters we play as.  Everyone else is dead, zombies - they are at peace (to the extent that being dead is at peace).  The cursed are truly those who survive, because they face the endless struggle of simply staying alive.  To use a valid quote, "we are the walking dead".

Its important to also consider the word choice of "curse", there have been hints of voodoo and the like over on Jimmy Z's twitter.  Also, if you really think about it, Samantha is doing some sort of cross-dimensional voodoo with those dolls of hers.  If she's the controller via the magic of controlling the "heros", then the hero's are cursed by her magic.

Now onto some of the imagery within the photo, perhaps I'm imagining some of this but here we go:

1ylo8I0.jpg

We're getting the claw symbol, a pyramid, and oval, and then a sort of antenna forming a Y shape.  No doubt this symbolism will come into play within the story.

------------------------------------- Black Sun -------------------------------------

wixoCLh.jpg  

Right where the zombies arm curves (smack dab in the center, LOOKS to be a black sun - see below for example)

xeKML6a.jpg

16d2838a2b8ca3da6b88f3905958066e.png

-------------------------------------Skull -------------------------------------

6vjPXmm.jpg

To the right it looks to be a face or a skull.

-------------------------------------Chicago Cityscape -------------------------------------

Ail2Sex.jpg

At the bottom - looks like a cityscape, probably on fire?

4/30 Update: @PINNAZ has identified the cityscape as CHICAGO

3f24b8f203470d22895d09909a440117.png

Photo-overlay thanks to @Draz

4/26 Update: thanks to @Covert Gunman we've got a high quality version of the city.

NfFGfEr.png

-------------------------------------Probably nothing -------------------------------------

Wws3rsU.jpg

8oZ49nV.jpg

WTzZsO5.jpg

This by far is the most bizarre thing (I feel like I'm imagining it), but there is some kind of cross ,or snake, or sword hilt... just a weird image on this zombie's shoulder*.  I tried messing with the brightness and contrast to bring it out.  I hate to bring this name up again... but perhaps Li Grand Zombie, the sacred serpent of New Orleans/African voodoo (harkening back to Jimmy Z the troll again), has something to do with this. (@PINNAZ )

*kind of reminds me of the little squiggly face on the NTZ loading screen panel (pic thanks to @MixMasterNut )

NuketownpanelDJetFighterPlanelevels.jpg

Edited by GRILL
  • Like 2

The card symbol was seen in the teasers as well. The card looks like it has some sort of alchemy like images on it, like on the MotD pap camo:

1267cc8a30cf45f2c93b4c639b8ddc1b.png

Also the zombie reminds me of the Unmarked man, like with the white shirt, tie, rolled up sleeves. No clue if the zombies is special or not though the only defining features I see are the eyes and that he has facial hair.

Teknique70    0

I like the theory of him being the unmarked man. But i also wonder if this is a survivor from the incident nova6 leak in Singapore? Or what about the guy in the suit and glasses from the die rise loading screen. Did any ever figure that out?

We should be able to talk about leaks to some degree such as this one but obviously not ones that are like oh my dad's from Treyarch etc. also I think it will possibly be a new group but from the city I think it's before the apocalypse happened like the world being destroyed 

GRILL    258

Sooo, does this mean we can discuss leaks from now on?

If the leak is non-story related and has been confirmed by a reliable source (like Charlie Intel) then yes.  It's highly possible that 3arc leaked this information on purpose, "leaking" has become a new way to promote your game and increase hype.

Also @Tasha, look at Covys article on the frontpage.

if the leak was like major plot lines, DLC info, then we would certainly not allow it.  But marketing materials that will be viewable to the public eye by tomorrow? It's all good.  I just want us to be at the forefront of conversation with this stuff, rather then catching up.

charlieIntel posts stuff like this, and maintains a good relationship with Activision and the respective COD producers.

Can we talk about the "only the cursed survive" picture now? :P

Edited by GRILL

Matuzz    218

I'm most certain that the new story will revolve around occultism, voodoo curses and tarot cards. It will have still connections to the old Nazi mythology and conspiracy.

• Like 1

Slade    270

This reveals so much yet so little. Let's see. They're marketing this as an all-new horror narrative; yet there are references to Element 115 everywhere. So it's most likely still in the same universe. Maybe they'll expand on some of the ideas and sub-plots introduced in BO2?

Maybe we'll see the Flesh; the idea of having to practically become the undead to survive this new world, come back and their storyline further developed.

Regarding the Cursed Ones, that referring to simply the characters we play as sounds too simple. Remember those zombie moans in Die Rise in Stu's head? They were all saying stuff like Help Me / Kill Me / Free Me. Perhaps they are the cursed ones?

Either way, it just has to have something to do with the tarot card the Zombie's holding. 

• Like 1

All of those images are broken :D 

Either way, I'm conflicted... 

It says "new zombie narrative" but then again it also says trey arch regularly distributes this narrative, which would mean that BO1 and BO2 stories were there "own" narrative. Which is slightly true, but not 100% correct either.... 

DO WE GET DEMPSEY BACK OR NOT?!?!

• Like 1

This reveals so much yet so little. Let's see. They're marketing this as an all-new horror narrative; yet there are references to Element 115 everywhere. So it's most likely still in the same universe. Maybe they'll expand on some of the ideas and sub-plots introduced in BO2?

Maybe we'll see the Flesh; the idea of having to practically become the undead to survive this new world, come back and their storyline further developed.

Regarding the Cursed Ones, that referring to simply the characters we play as sounds too simple. Remember those zombie moans in Die Rise in Stu's head? They were all saying stuff like Help Me / Kill Me / Free Me. Perhaps they are the cursed ones?

Either way, it just has to have something to do with the tarot card the Zombie's holding. 

Not really sure why but one of the first things that popped up in my head from seeing this poster was the Flesh. This zombie like guy holding this mystery card with the caption about the cursed surviving. Makes me think of the Flesh who "are the living and are the dead" and who will not die but "thrive". 

And like Matuzz says about the cult, I think the image in the on the back of the card is some kind of eye symbol. I've heard it mentioned as a claw but when I first saw it in the first video teaser my first thought was its an eye. Maybe an eye on fire or of some kind of beast or maybe a symbol of extra sight or knowing something. Now that its in the triangle in this poster, and if it is an eye, it seems like a nod to the secret groups like the Illuminati and Freemasons. As if some hidden cult is still behind things. Maybe those collars from Tranzit with the triangles will finally get some story. An interesting twist could be that Maxis never really came back and this mystery group used his voice and the electronics to guide the O4 and N4 to open Argatha for them. But then you gotta disregard a lot of his quotes, especially in Buried. 

Awards

AlphaSnake    83

I talked to Mix Master Nut the other night he showed me some very promising stuff that was absolutely linked in with all the occult Illuminati magic.

He should post them.

Regards Alpha.

GRILL    258

I talked to Mix Master Nut the other night he showed me some very promising stuff that was absolutely linked in with all the occult Illuminati magic.

He should post them.

Regards Alpha.

thanks for the tip @AlphaSnake

@MixMasterNut get in here!  sounds awesome! or let us know if you are making a thread about it!

------------------------------------- -------------------------------------

So, again - this could totally just be me seeing things - but I'm certain I see an Iron Cross on the left side of the zombie's forehead (right under the word "curse"):

2gYrv4w.jpg

n7p7e1G.jpg

and now I KNOW this is me seeing things, but it looks like there is a 3arc symbol as well

DYUBubJ.jpg

Back to the Iron Cross, I really hope it's supposed to be there.  After seeing the hat wielding zombie in the teaser, I'm really hoping for more WWII era content (and zombies)

c485f0ff2901f5c14701c697b90d62e7.png

79694009b12dd91ad4aa33319692017d.png

Edited by GRILL
  • Like 1

GRILL    258

sorry to double post, but this deserves it.

@Covert Gunman took a scan of the bottom of the photo, he gave me the left and right side.  I've combined them together for your viewing pleasure, it is for sure a city - now to figure out which one?

NfFGfEr.png

• Like 1

InfestLithium    515

Not sure why, but I'm getting a Los Angeles vibe from it. Probably because I'm in that area so often and the skyline looks awfully similar.

AlphaSnake    83

Look closer at the Death Card, not just the 666 claw, the eye, the pyramid. (The fact that is in the hand of a Cursed one/zombie)

There is more to it. Think Symbolism, occult. Clue: Lochness had more than one monster. Do as...?

Regards Alpha.

I really think the characters are the ones who are cursed. As they are alive and the zombies are undead. Also I dont think they are literally cursed, maybe they are being protected and kept alive but I truly think the expression means that essentially death is like freedom in this world but they must survive and that is there curse.

@Covert Gunman took a scan of the bottom of the photo, he gave me the left and right side.  I've combined them together for your viewing pleasure, it is for sure a city - now to figure out which one?

NfFGfEr.png

​Notable buildings appear just under and a bit to the left of the C, then those 3 lines to the side if you fallow them up seems to hit a sort of tomb-stone like building. 

Looks a bit new york to me...

In the bottom middle when you zoom in theres a building with a pointy spire at the top, I don't know what building it is but it could be the empire state building or something maybe?

AlphaSnake    83

So much to do.

There is sooo much information from VERSION I had to print it. 25 pages front & back.

I think we are getting a whole novel here.

The lines to the side of the pyramid could be pillars.

Remember the God scene from Ghostbusters? Go view it.

This is some creepy stuff if you think of it from our perspective. Scene with Gozer the Gozerian.

An ancient, ultra-powerful, malignant entity from another dimension.

1360900567_GozerStanding.jpg

There is a short version of this but the whole video is good.

I played with Treyarch a while back when I sent in the perk set, I sent a coded message. They replied in ways I couldn't have dreamed.

I did it again with the Zombie Barrel, I know they broke the codes I put out.

They are here watching us like hawks.

I've got another carepackage ready to go to Treyarch.  (Send me a pm with your top wish for zombies & I'll write it on the box)

Jimmy twitter links to Scientia est Potentia. Why is that important to us? Dig for it.

Analysis his tweets.

Get active, post your thoughts & ideas.

Regards Alpha.

AlphaSnake    83

NYC

NfFGfEr.png

​NYC.

See my post above as to why I think that is.

Manhattan Project Kino.

Maybe they didn't mean the bomb after all?

Regards Alpha.

So maybe this map is linked to Kino der Toten? I know people saw correlations with it and the snap chat teasers but I loved kino and it just never came up again at all, it would seem right to be connected to BO3 zombies in some way.