Is it worth buying the Black Ops 1 DLC?

So I've bought the all of the Black Ops 2 DLC and have WAW on PC with all the DLC (obviously) and I have Moon and the original maps for Black Ops 1. Is it worth me going out and spendind $15 on any of the other three zombies maps (Shangri-La, Ascension and Call of the Dead)? All opinions are welcome and thanks for all your responses.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

First I would like to welcome you to this site. Hope you'ra having fun.

I'll keep it short and sweet: Shangri-la if you are more of a solo guy and if you like to play with other people go with CotD. :3

Hope I could help.

Ha I think I asked this same question about a year ago as well, and I was told Call of the Dead. Very good choice if you're just picking one since Ascension is basically Kino but instead of crawlers you get monkeys. Very easy maps.

Shangri la and moon are pretty useless when playing with randoms with Treyarch changing how to pack a punch and to get perks. I play Solo only and it's pretty easy with the MPL to get PHD and Mustang and Sally and eventually the 31-79 JGB 215 :) 

So my choice (besides getting all) go with Call of the Dead. Good wonder weapons for solo and co op, decent boss and you get 4 actors to play as. 

Edited by ThunderGlove142

Thanks for your advice everyone and yes Lenne, I am a big solo fan and I don't usually play a lot with others so you're saying Shangri-La is a good solo map and COTD is good in general but Ascension is too easy?

• Moderators

Thanks for your advice everyone and yes Lenne, I am a big solo fan and I don't usually play a lot with others so you're saying Shangri-La is a good solo map and COTD is good in general but Ascension is too easy?

​Exactly.

Ascension would be the last one I'd buy. 

Shangri-La is my personal favourite because it has a nice and not too easy zombie train area, the best WW and the monkeys which steal your drops add a nice flavour (not only because you can use them to your advantage.) it just looks so funny when they have a drop on their back.

It is also a good challenge, especially when you don''t use PHD.

The only thing that comes to mind regarding pros for CotD solo, is the fact that you can do the EE, but that is only something I did once.

Like the others have said though, as soon as you can you should buy all of the map packs. 

Keep us up to date on what you have bought. :Victory::Grinning:

Personally all 3 maps are some of the best in the series. All are in my top 10. 

However, I'd hold off on getting anymore maps for BO1 just yet. 

My reasoning being at least 6/10 (sorry that can be reduced) 3/5 lobbies I go into now are hacked to hell. Players spawn in and INSTANTLY claim the WW before anyone can get to the area with the box. Hacked lobbies take from the game, which is why I'm doomed to half-assed games where 20% of the time a hacker downs me for running into me with god-mode. 

This next bit isn't part of my logic but it's a possibility. 

Furthermore, they might produce a "zombies classic" game for next-gen consoles as it appears to be in high demand. Why pay for the sucky hack-filled lobbies when in 1 years time you could have paid for a better lobby on an improved console? 

Personally all 3 maps are some of the best in the series. All are in my top 10. 

However, I'd hold off on getting anymore maps for BO1 just yet. 

My reasoning being at least 6/10 (sorry that can be reduced) 3/5 lobbies I go into now are hacked to hell. Players spawn in and INSTANTLY claim the WW before anyone can get to the area with the box. Hacked lobbies take from the game, which is why I'm doomed to half-assed games where 20% of the time a hacker downs me for running into me with god-mode. 

This next bit isn't part of my logic but it's a possibility. 

Furthermore, they might produce a "zombies classic" game for next-gen consoles as it appears to be in high demand. Why pay for the sucky hack-filled lobbies when in 1 years time you could have paid for a better lobby on an improved console? 

​Well as I said, I'm more of a solo player anyway and if I do play with others, it won't be from a random lobby... Also I think the maps could still be worth buying even if they do remake them because I doubt the guns will be the same... think of the original WAW maps on Black Ops - there were some original guns but the box was almost entirely Black Ops guns.

Chances of them remaking them are very, very slim.

As Lenne said, go with Shangri-La. Easily the best one by far, especially for solo games.

Ascension is like Buried but slightly better. Way too easy though. CoTD and Moon can be fun with friends, less fun on solo. Nothing beats Shang though.

Playing any BO1 map with randoms is a joke.

• 3 months later...

i have the same problem i dont know wich one to get shangri la or the moon but this is what i think:

Shangri la:good stuff: it looks nice 
                                it has a really sick WW
                                its for solo(like you)
                                it has sick transportation methods
                                you can do the EE solo(but its hard on solo)
                                and sick traps

bad and annoying stuff:its really tight and you can get stuck easy
                                  if your playing online is hard to PaP
                                  the bosses are annoying but challenging
                                  its really hard
                                  random perk spawn locations

CotD:good stuff:its fun with friends
                        its defeculty lvl is not to hard and not to easy so its balanced
                        it has sick wonder weapons 
                        the EE is easy if you solo (wich you are) and you get the wonderwaffe
                        its got nice spots to train

bad and annoying stuff:The PaP is random
                                  george romero is a prick
                                  that thing on the ship and flips you all the way to the light house(its cool if when u want to escape zombies)
                                  the jugg is in a really bad spot so is the power
                                  theres a bad spot for the box on the edge of the ship

so i think you should get shangri la