Black Ops 3 Cover Art & Description

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am fully confident that there will be an option to choose between "classic" and exo zombies. Maps can easily be built to accommodate both, and it could actually create some serious replayability. Like exos? Here you go. Don't like exos? Here you go.

Also, I'm sure it was developed for current gen and will be ported to last gen.

Treyarch have the capacity to do some amazing shit, let's hope they deliver.

My thoughts based on what we have is: "How much technology you can put inside a man and still call him a man" kind of situation. Not necessarily jetpacks, lazors and massive Michael Bay scripts, but more like what Ghosts tried to do, but with more advanced technology and more ethical questions involved. 
Are you willing to take more and more technology inside you to help you, to make you superior, or do you prefer to stay as you were, how every human in history has always been? To what extent, you can still call yourself a human? How far, we are willing to go?

EDIT: As I lost some of my message in the downtime I forgot to add that as a heavy fan of "Remember me" and "Metal gear rising: Revengeance" I'm super hyped about this darker future scheme

Edited by Amantha77
I am fully confident that there will be an option to choose between "classic" and exo zombies. Maps can easily be built to accommodate both, and it could actually create some serious replayability. Like exos? Here you go. Don't like exos? Here you go.

Also, I'm sure it was developed for current gen and will be ported to last gen.

Treyarch have the capacity to do some amazing shit, let's hope they deliver.

I'm gona tell you right now Grill, that's REALLY optimistic. I DOUBT an option to turn off exo-zombies will be supported. I also think we're getting a little ahead of ourselves as well, I mean, who even has verified that ecps will be returning, as of right now, all I can see is batman-like metal armor... 

Porting im im calling a 50/50 coin flip on weither it will happen or not.could be either and I won't care either way. 

I don't think it will be exo-zombies.  Sledgehammer already has that.  They've already established how their zombies works.  I don't see us adding exos to it.

Remember, it doesn't matter what timeframe the campaign takes place in, our characters, whether they be the O4 or T4, don't have knowledge of exos.  I don't see them throwing them on them and trying to make it natural.

I won't be purchasing this game, regardless of my adoration for zombies, if they put this on last-gen consoles. It's been 2 years already. I couldn't bear to see ANOTHER game brought down by the restrictions of 10 year-old hardware. What was the point of new consoles If they are just gonna keep running the same old games slightly faster? Next-gen consoles were marketed with the promise of advanced tech, and higher power for larger, grander games, not the same old running smoother.

• Administrators

I won't be purchasing this game, regardless of my adoration for zombies, if they put this on last-gen consoles. It's been 2 years already. I couldn't bear to see ANOTHER game brought down by the restrictions of 10 year-old hardware. What was the point of new consoles If they are just gonna keep running the same old games slightly faster? Next-gen consoles were marketed with the promise of advanced tech, and higher power for larger, grander games, not the same old running smoother.

​But you realize that a vast majority of Xbox gamers are STILL on the 360, right? They will do a dual-release on both consoles if Activision wants their money (like they always do). Why? Because the 360 and PS3 are still major consoles despite not being the "next-gen" machines.

​But you realize that a vast majority of Xbox gamers are STILL on the 360, right? They will do a dual-release on both consoles if Activision wants their money (like they always do). Why? Because the 360 and PS3 are still major consoles despite not being the "next-gen" machines.

But if they continue to do this, will there ever be a reason to upgrade? Why not just stay on my old console, instead of picking up a new one?  If they keep with this idea of only caring about money, game development is going to hit a stall where games will NEVER advance, except on next gen only games and PC. That is when CoD would truly die. 2 years is more than enough time to upgrade and phase out the old hardware.

I absolutely agree with @Amantha77 because the entire theme of BO2 was "they will always need men like us" and all that. This doesn't look like we're going to see exos at all, but instead actual cyborg-like body replacements. In the cover pic only the dude's arms appear to be metal, so no robo jumpy legs. This ain't AW. But maybe we're going to see a larger scale menendez style attack where our soldiers' bodies are EMP'd or hijacked. I highly doubt any characters in zombies will have this. In MP it could be that all players have it, with much more subtle changes than AW. I'd imagine exo powers like overclock or stim could work still, but no mobility enhancements. Maybe our guns will be extensions of our bodies. 

• Moderators

​Like I said the official Playstation channel has listed it for PS4 and I have heard and read and watched lots of mentions how it is only on PS4/XBone/PC including this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIVamTFaCRQ and besides even if there is a last gen version it will most likely be handled by a different studio.

But I get what you are saying, @Naitrax it is time to upgrade peeps! :P

I agree with Naitrax in the sense that I hope this game is current gen only. I'd hate to have another TranZit scenario just because they decided to release the game on older hardware. I don't mean to sound harsh but the new systems have been out for a while now and have undergone numerous price cuts and deals. If you can't upgrade, well, at this point it's kind of your own fault. 

We were talking about it on chat and though I and a few others think that they really need to make this switch. It does, the console has been out for so long. If they stop supporting the 360 for at least Call of Duty, some people will want to play it so will go to next gen. As games come out more and more but are on old consoles, I feel like I wasted my money. Its strange really how current gen and last gen are still supported after this long. I don't remember people playing say the normal Xbox when say Black Ops came out, as it was no longer supported. Though I was still playing Xbox because all I had was Mortal Kombat and Snow Boarding. 

But if they continue to do this, will there ever be a reason to upgrade? Why not just stay on my old console, instead of picking up a new one?  If they keep with this idea of only caring about money, game development is going to hit a stall where games will NEVER advance, except on next gen only games and PC. That is when CoD would truly die. 2 years is more than enough time to upgrade and phase out the old hardware.

​Because the 360/PS3 version is infinitely shittier then the XB1. 

But Nai does have a point: The production of this game supposedly started 2 years prior to when It will be released. If that's the case the ratio of 360 to XB1 players would be undefined when production began. AND IF THAT'S the case, then they COULD have predicted that XB1 would be the main console still, which generally, there is a LARGE portion of XB1 consoles sold. That being said, it's a pretty 50/50 chance of it being ported back. 

Personally I would prefer current-gen only (XB1/ PS4) as that would allow for even more concentrated production IN ADDITION to the extra year, making one HELL of a game. (Insert Sebastian here)

I will be waiting patiently for the zombies reveal. If there's exo BS, i'm out. I've played exo zombies, it sucks, lets move on. 

I don't know the rules on leaks, so if i'm breaking a rule please delete. 

There's an insider, Shinobi, on GAF, who has said that the new COD will be more or less cyborgs. Including wall running, and dashing mechanics. He called BO3, and a future setting months ago. 

BO2 might just be my last COD zombies. I played well over 1000 hours on each CODZ to date, and like 2 hours of exo zombies. It just isn't fun or replayable.

I did enjoy AW campaign though. Seems like this might be the gateway drug to Titanfall 2, especially for PS4 owners.

Edit: Figured I would dig out the quotes. Hope that's ok.

They're not exoskeleton suits. Far future, soldiers get injured in battles, lose body parts. Enter robotic limbs and cybernetics (major theme). These parts give human beings faster than normal speed, strength, etc

I don't know about 'jetpacks' specifically, but things like wall running, lateral dashing, yes. 

Probably said enough now lol.

Two separate quotes, in the thread COD BO3 announced on GAF.

Edited by BestOfAllTime32

I reckon that Treyarch showing Spiderman Swinging/grappling & wall riding in the DICE presentation kind of points at what type of soldier technology will be used.

​In hindsight, fairly obvious hint right there. But I also think that they will cover all 3 previous CoD's such as WWII, Cold War & future. That's what the fans want. 

I think seeing the past is alright but to be honest I would rather a game set in one timeline. I only want them to go to the past if they need to and it benefits the story. If past events influence this future then sure but I am thinking this game is at least further in the future than AW so I would not expect something 100 years ago to have influence on their future. Unless the mind control thing was something started long ago and with all this new technology to take advantage of, it can be done.

Leaks are not tolerated in any way. But I'll tell you now: What does GAF know? 

This is the post I wanted to quote. GAF isn't a person. It us a collection of thousands of people, what does GAF know, enough to fill an encyclopedia. In the over 2 years i've been following GAF, shinobi is always correct. 

It doesn't mean he is 100% right this time, but him saying something gives it a lot more credence.

@Pinnaz, wow the Spiderman thing was right there. What a marvelous troll job if it comes to pass.

• 2 weeks later...