COD 2015 Viral Campaign (video/pictures) - CODZ official discussion thread

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thought just occurred to me. The rapidness of these snapchats...they remind me of the rapidness of the loading screens in the first Black Ops. As in, the little video loading screen that would pop up after you exit a mission or map. I hope that makes sense.

No, that makes complete sense. These snapchats have seemingly no connection with the future, either. It's looking a lot like an opportunity to fill in the blanks and cover Operation Charybdis or to move away from Black Ops, and either way I'm super excited, It looks like we're going back into history, which I love. 

It makes sense on the 3 year development cycle, with Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer covering the present and future, respectively. 

NEW SNAP! FRESH MATERIAL!

That house was in one of the earlier snaps.

Once again, with the snowy area surrounding the house. The only thing I can think of is how Alex Mason lived in Alaska...

Maybe Trollarch is just screwing with us ;) 

• Administrators

Once again, with the snowy area surrounding the house. The only thing I can think of is how Alex Mason lived in Alaska...

They may not be screwing with us, though. That's a good point. That could be a giveaway.

They may not be screwing with us, though. That's a good point. That could be a giveaway.

On the snap from earlier, with the wolf.... Upon loading up the mission "Project Nova" from Black Ops 1, before the text is blacked out it says that Resnov's last known alias was "The Wolf"... I don't know if this is a hint to check the mission, or that Resnov is alive, or what... but that's the only thing that makes sense to me. That whole snapchat served no purpose at 4 seconds long, unless there is something everyone is missing. A metaphor for Resnov fending off his enemies? Who knows :) 

• Administrators

Maybe Trollarch is just screwing with us ;) They may not be screwing with us, though. That's a good point. That could be a giveaway.

On the snap from earlier, with the wolf.... Upon loading up the mission "Project Nova" from Black Ops 1, before the text is blacked out it says that Resnov's last known alias was "The Wolf"... I don't know if this is a hint to check the mission, or that Resnov is alive, or what... but that's the only thing that makes sense to me. That whole snapchat served no purpose at 4 seconds long, unless there is something everyone is missing. A metaphor for Resnov fending off his enemies? Who knows :)

Or maybe just for him hiding out. I've gotta check that out! Brilliant, dude! It's true, Reznov is that driving force; that motivational spirit behind WAW as well as BO1.

What was the timeframe when Reznov rescued Alex and Woods, etc, from the desert in BO2?

Edited by NaBrZHunter

I saw a volcano erupting, and a nuclear explosion along with the cabin... Now I'm thinking back to where there were rumors of a post-apocalyptic COD a few years back. MrDalekJD just made a great point in his video on it, though. That blue moon photo from earlier is a screenshot of an event occuring after a volcano erupts, so the eruption is definitely significant.

Maybe Trollarch is just screwing with us ;) They may not be screwing with us, though. That's a good point. That could be a giveaway.

On the snap from earlier, with the wolf.... Upon loading up the mission "Project Nova" from Black Ops 1, before the text is blacked out it says that Resnov's last known alias was "The Wolf"... I don't know if this is a hint to check the mission, or that Resnov is alive, or what... but that's the only thing that makes sense to me. That whole snapchat served no purpose at 4 seconds long, unless there is something everyone is missing. A metaphor for Resnov fending off his enemies? Who knows :) Or maybe just for him hiding out. I've gotta check that out! Brilliant, dude! It's true, Reznov is that driving force; that motivational spirit behind WAW as well as BO1.

What was the timeframe when Reznov rescued Alex and Woods, etc, from the desert in BO2?

Resnov appeared in 1986 when he supposedly saved them. He would be in his early 70s, which isn't too much of a stretch considering Alex was 92 when he re-united with David :P 

The main point is that, if Resnov was alive, then that may be who they went after in Operation Charybdis. And if the CIA were somehow part of the covering-up of his death? Mason, Hudson and Weaver would become major liabilities if they found out...

It occurred around September 5th, 1986. Mason even says that he believed it was actually Reznov who saved them, despite Woods thinking otherwise.

Yep. Woods knows nothing more than what Hudson told him, though, and Hudson didn't question the CIA until right before Charybdis...

And Knowing that Weaver isn't seen again after this event? It makes things even more interesting. 

Was there a reason that link to callofdutywiki was removed? If that's a forum rule breach, pardon me, I'm still a n00b here. Or did you delete it? @gfn21

Not sure if it's a rule breach, I'm also fairly new here! I may have just deleted it by mistake, though. 

• Administrators

http://www.callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Operation_Charybdis

If it's taken down again, than it wasn't me being an idiot and deleting it :)

This is really interesting though, specifically the quote from Black Ops 2, the unknown ending to the mission and Mason's sanity.

lol! Sounds good. Yeah, great link. I don't always agree with all their stuff but they're usually on top of it.

Hmmm....there's so much nature.  I'm just wondering what all of it means.  

If I have to guess, I'd say it has to do something with a previous game, something that links them.  Even Black Ops had its hidden share of clues to Black Ops 2.  Treyarch doesn't just come up with an idea and run with it.  They methodically formulate every single little thing, even planning for games in advance during games they're working on now.  It's like an author who knows a big twist later on in the book, but just sprinkles subtle clues to see if anyone picks up on it.