COD 2015 Viral Campaign (video/pictures) - CODZ official discussion thread

• Administrators

But if there is one thing I am certain of about Treyarch, it is that the word "coincidence" is not in their vocabulary. This is too obvious.

Or this is the biggest troll ever, and they'll just announce World at War 2 on the 26th lol 

Both of these comments cracked me up. So true. Treyarch hasn't really let us down yet...they've had this thought out for a long time. And these factors, regardless of how far we may be to the actual plot line, are MAJOR to the story. I've got a new idea brewing. They're up to more than we thought. This story is just getting started.

gallery_137255_13_33786.jpg

Edited by NaBrZHunter
  • Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"On the 26th they will announce that Treyarch have dropped out of the development cycle. Call of Duty Balck Ops III is cancelled. But on a brighter note, Infinity Ward have offered to take up the mantle and create a new title. Mark Ruben, who has now been rehired had this to say- "We are very excited to work on the next Call of Duty title. This could not come at a better time as we never event started working on Ghosts Sequel (working title) now we are planning to create a new title, just a week before the games launch. Do not worry, we will also continue the Zombies story and make everything uncanon. The twist will be that David Archers childhood name was Eddy so the Origins ending ties in that way, you know what I mean." So could this be the next big title? A working game has been released for the game and is said to be called: Call of Duty Rehash, a play on the word hash tag which plays a big part in the game. Thanks for reading and remember, the future is rehashed.

Anyways, I am loving this idea of robotics being put into humans to the point that it causes big big controversy. We could play as anyone at this point but I hope that it is someone new who connects to David Mason in some way. Anyways, I had been looking for a word to describe what these robotics will do to people and I actually found that word, its a Bio Mod. It will augment humans in such a way that they become super soldiers. I hate the idea of connecting campaign to zombies but I have this idea that maybe the first map will show the characters die and get replaced by super soldiers that Maxis had created in the future. How he is alive I do not know but I love that idea that we get even better super soldiers. Especially ones dealing with the loss of their humanity. Obviously it may be exo suits, not putting that down but if its robotics they have a lot they can do. I am pretty excited for the reveal.

• Administrators

I hate the idea of connecting campaign to zombies but I have this idea that maybe the first map will show the characters die and get replaced by super soldiers that Maxis had created in the future. How he is alive I do not know but I love that idea that we get even better super soldiers. Especially ones dealing with the loss of their humanity. Obviously it may be exo suits, not putting that down but if its robotics they have a lot they can do. I am pretty excited for the reveal.

We'll all be eating some humble pie over the next year, so just my opinion: I don't see them becoming non-human. The whole "villain controversially modifies humans" idea is very cliche, and while it seems obvious that there will be biomod technology, I think Treyarch's gonna play it subtly. Subtlety is their specialty; and they love to twist our minds. As Mark Lamia stated "we wanted to lean into the darkness and brutality of war; with rich story and characters that were angry and filled with vengeance, in...what we felt would be the grittiest World War 2 game in the franchise."

I don't believe Treyarch has or ever will abandon that mindset. They have prioritized story and involved characters. We're all deeply attached to the people we've come to know through this story-Alex Mason, Frank Woods, Viktor Reznov, David Mason, on and on. You don't build hype for a game that won't bring those things we love back HEAVILY into play. 

I never said the villain does biomods. I just think that will be a controversial thing in the world that exists. It is already controversial and would be when it happens.

• Administrators

I never said the villain does biomods. I just think that will be a controversial thing in the world that exists. It is already controversial and would be when it happens.

True, true. No offense. Just particularly in regards to the "nonhuman" part.

What if we get some sort of animus thing happening,

Like let's say that Alex mason was kidnaped by this trident group (Tri-Arch for the time being) who's leader is Dr. Salim after the events of the BO2 mission where manendaz and Noriega trick you into shooting mason. Mason lives and is taken to be studied by tri-arch. Eventually his fragmented amd warped brain becomes the catalist needed to project their research to the next level: Transferance of memories.

In Alex's days this is crude and painful, costing weeks and months of work and torture for little results. His memory in its entirety is transfered towards "patient J" whom we don't see yet.

Years later, Alex mason with no memory left is dropped in the middle of nowhere. He eventually begins to remember who he is and returns to the US to see woods.

Long story short, the animus-type technology is invented by Tri-arch and used to transfer knowledge from both Alex and David Mason to the terrorist group's control. Which is then used to turn average everyday people into walking sleeper agents, intent on killing president.. After president... After president, until chaos consumes America and it falls...

What if we get some sort of animus thing happening,

Like let's say that Alex mason was kidnaped by this trident group (Tri-Arch for the time being) who's leader is Dr. Salim after the events of the BO2 mission where manendaz and Noriega trick you into shooting mason. Mason lives and is taken to be studied by tri-arch. Eventually his fragmented amd warped brain becomes the catalist needed to project their research to the next level: Transferance of memories.

In Alex's days this is crude and painful, costing weeks and months of work and torture for little results. His memory in its entirety is transfered towards "patient J" whom we don't see yet.

Years later, Alex mason with no memory left is dropped in the middle of nowhere. He eventually begins to remember who he is and returns to the US to see woods.

Long story short, the animus-type technology is invented by Tri-arch and used to transfer knowledge from both Alex and David Mason to the terrorist group's control. Which is then used to turn average everyday people into walking sleeper agents, intent on killing president.. After president... After president, until chaos consumes America and it falls...

And then the terrorist who extracts the information begins to think Mason's memories are his own, and Alex Mason is basically reincarnated in the far future lol

Seriously, though, you've come up with another really interesting theory here. There's so many different ways this story can go, and we only have a few weeks left until we finally know for sure!

I've been meaning to post this, but haven't had the time.

I feel like out of all the imagery we've gotten in these teasers, there is an abundance of nature - namely forests. It really got me thinking about the symbolism of a forest (or "frozen forest") which in turn got me researching the symbolism:

"The forest is a symbol of the unconscious, a picture of archetypal patterns of the collective unconscious. Frequently, these are to behavioral patterns that are known from fairy tales, myths and legends.The forest is synonymous with mysterious, adventurous and demonic, that our ego plunges from one adventure to another."

I completely agree that we may have an "animus" type situation here. The forest of ones unconscious could hide important details, and it could aid the plot. I'd love it if 3arc included subconscious levels, exploring your forest.

Really impressed with the depth of this viral campaign, 3arc have outdone themselves in a truly psychedelic way.

Charlie Intel have said that they think the game could go down a cybernetic enhancement route. I am pretty sure that is where this is going at the moment. They always seem in the know. I think that the suit is just the standard militairy armour of the future, whether it works hand in hand with the enhancements or not in some way I dont know but Treyarch are pushing at this idea of robotics with their facebook statuses and even the games description. "in a world where cutting-edge military robotics define warfare" seems like the cybernetic enhancement to me.

Also, anyone know what this is, I just saw it upon rewatching:

045e8a9a452aabfb844af6def3b7ecd5.png

Oh thats pretty interesting, could that be linked to the snow place? Also I just wanted to add Jimmy Zielinski mentioned something which to me sounds like he is describing the whole humanity and robotics blurred. "Is it still evolution if you know of and perform the next steps towards change as a species?" It is like humanaity are trying to evolve using technology before they should be. Thats what I think he means by that.

This is VERY exciting.
It's about that time of year where the next Call of Duty is almost revealed and Treyarch is always the best with teasing their games IMO.

Very interesting viral marketing idea here, definitely cryptic and without an immediate reason or answer to what they are doing, and it's exactly why I love Treyarch, here's to hoping we get some hints on Zombies soon.

Edited by BlackOpsTiger

So I added this video to my previous signature when these teasers started after I saw what arcticles Treyarch had posted.

Now it's quite obvious that Black Ops III plot is about improving human condition technologically above it's biological limits. And there is the doubt of playing god and how far are we going to go before we will we lose our "humanity".

This new breed of Black Ops soldiers are modified with microchip implants in their brains improving their brain cababilities and "power armor" incrasing thier strenght and stamina. Robotics are big part of the story of course. With Black Ops II we already saw invisibility armor and I'm sure that will be back with Black Ops III. Perhaps these new soldiers are also integrated to thier weapon systems. These teaser snapchats could also hint that there are side effects of our own mind degenerating because they can't handle all this modification.

I had the idea of a human battery; A machine that uses humans as a power source to create a machine bread for war: Imagibe the abilitys of improved strength and stamina, but the battery comes from people so it could implement an interesting mechanic of the more you're shot the less power you can give to your super strength, speed, and abilities such as invisibility and extended punches 

Here's my theory in full: 

Technology is being advanced at a rapid rate. So is war. Mankind uses what's around them to become stronger. This leads to advancements like Threat-detection and Night-vision eyes, robotic suits for increased mobility (not double jumps, no-fall-damage, and boots, but wall-climbs, grapples, and camouflage.), and even more advanced things: Eyes being able to send information back to a central computer for analysis, ears to be used as a sensor for movement, noses to detect the smell of bombs. Eventually it gets to the point where a single hacker (Dr. Salim) could potentially hack INTO a soldier and get them to hear what they want, see what they want, and kill who they want. En Mass could destroy entire armies. This technology is the spawn of the research done on Alex Mason. The counter technology is called: The wolf project. (Resnov's code name)

• Administrators

Here's my theory in full: 

Technology is being advanced at a rapid rate. So is war. Mankind uses what's around them to become stronger. This leads to advancements like Threat-detection and Night-vision eyes, robotic suits for increased mobility (not double jumps, no-fall-damage, and boots, but wall-climbs, grapples, and camouflage.), and even more advanced things: Eyes being able to send information back to a central computer for analysis, ears to be used as a sensor for movement, noses to detect the smell of bombs. Eventually it gets to the point where a single hacker (Dr. Salim) could potentially hack INTO a soldier and get them to hear what they want, see what they want, and kill who they want. En Mass could destroy entire armies. This technology is the spawn of the research done on Alex Mason. The counter technology is called: The wolf project. (Resnov's code name)

Not a big fan of the plot, 'cause I'm still hoping Mason will actually be a playable character; but otherwise, I really like this idea. Good thinking! *Brains for well-founded theory*

• Administrators

just to say. A new Leak has been released. (aka Viral on Codz)

and lets just say that the sounds emmited are similar to the sounds the Sun makes according to nasa.

​Actually, something else. That sounds like The Bloop. Except The Bloop tones up, and the BO3 sound tones down.