COD 2015 Viral Campaign (video/pictures) - CODZ official discussion thread

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Story straight out of Band of Brothers huh? 

If it would have any WW2 stuff in it then the story would be splitted like in Black Ops II because of the modern gear and Blackhawk chopper we saw. Also the terrain in the shots looked like some Middle Eastern mountain range and desert. Yes Afghanistan has snow and spruces.

I was never fan of the split story in Black Ops II. I'd rather have story focusing on one side instead of leaping back and forth. I'm pretty sure it will not be about WW2 and I still don't believe it will have anything to do with MK Ultra or mind control. It would seem we are going back to events that this soldier witnessed by doctor Salim interviewing him through hypnotherapy.

Okay here something I got. I think that the game might take place in Khowst Afghanistan.

US Marines conduct a mounted patrol in the Khowst-Gardez pass Afghanistan

800px-US_Marines_conduct_a_mounted_patro

-Wikipedia

Khowst 5 years later CIA:

https://www.cia.gov/news-information/featured-story-archive/2014-featured-story-archive/khowst-5-years-later.html

Five years ago, on a cold, gloomy December afternoon in the mountainous region of Khowst Province in southeastern Afghanistan, an al-Qa`ida terrorist detonated a bomb strapped to his chest and killed seven CIA officers and injured six others; one of the deadliest attacks ever conducted against Agency personnel.

506th Infantry Regiment from the 101st Airborne Division was there.

The Division Headquarters, 101st Combat Aviation Brigade (101st Aviation Regiment), 1st Brigade Combat Team (327th Infantry Regiment), 2nd Brigade Combat Team (502nd Infantry Regiment), 3rd Brigade Combat Team (187th Infantry Regiment), and 4th Brigade Combat Team (506th Infantry Regiment), and the 101st Sustainment Brigade deployed to Afghanistan in 2010. This is the first time since returning from Iraq in 2006 where all four infantry brigades (plus one CAB, SUSBDE) have served in the same combat theater. As of 5 June 2011, 131 soldiers had been killed during this deployment, the highest death toll to the 101st Airborne in any single deployment since the Vietnam War.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/101st_Airborne_Division

To follow on from @Matuzz theory, it's interesting to note this:

During the nine-year Soviet war in Afghanistan in the 1980s, the town was besieged from July 1983 to November 1987. Khost Airfield, with its 9,000-foot (2,700 m) runway, served as a base for helicopter operations for the Soviet military.

It's interesting that we have this semi-focus on a helicopter from the images we've received so far and then, should Matuzz be correct, we have an area that was used as a base for the Soviet Union to launch heicopters. I think it's a reasonable assumption that we are looking at a 70s or 80s time period, which this fits to an extent. The only issue being the planes used by the Soviets from this airbase are 100% not the same as the one we have been seeing from Treyarch, being Mil Mi-8, which you can see below:

300px-Baltic_Airlines_Mil_Mi-8_Aladyshki

However, I think Matuzz could still definitely be onto something here. We could be seeing references to the Soviet War in the next Treyarch title. Running from December 1979 until February 1989, it would definitely fit within the right time frame.

-Jolteon

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2GkS6_VyTesaVlHcDNMN1VQZkE/edit?usp=docslist_api

That's where the Dr. Salim name is displayed in Snapchat.

weird... mine still says callofduty

but im also almost 30 years old, and don't operate the snap chats like the young folk do

Im just so impressed with how Treyarch creates buzz about a game that hasn't even been announced.  They really should consult with the other devs on how to market the games

@Jolteon

I'm leaning more to modern/futurish setting than the 80's. Black Ops II already covered that somewhat in it's "Old Wounds" campaing mission. And with all the articles Treyarch has been putting up about human enhancement/augmentation  (video about it in my sig if click the pic ;) ) are also pointing to more modern setting.

• Administrators

@Schrödinger They're not the same, but very close. Good eye!

Also, @Chopper 's link shone some light on this page as well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Ewen_Cameron#Project_MKUltra

@Shrodinger close! So close! I can't, but I almost wanna give you brains just for the effort!

Edited by NaBrZHunter
  • Administrators

Actually, fellas, are we *sure* @Schrödinger wasn't onto something here? I'm gonna do a bit more research...but just take a look at this. These are eerily alike.

gallery_137255_13_7959.jpg

Mid-Research Findings: It would appear that someone *ahem*Jimmy*ahem* has been travelling for Treyarch to capture a lot of this footage that they are using. This is a famous tree called the Christmas Tree in Hokkaido, Japan.

gallery_137255_13_4740.jpg

You know what...I dunno what it's all about yet, but Brains to you @Schrödinger. Good find.

Edited by NaBrZHunter

To follow on from the idea of a potential like to the Soviet Union and the Soviet War, I've been doing some reading on the Russian Woodpecker. I think the idea behind the "mind control" is very prominent with the viral thus far and I think there is a lot of potential for a link. Here is a little about the Russian Woodpecker:

Before sentencing Ira Einhorn to life in prison in 2002, Judge William Mazzola called him an “intellectual dilettante who prayed on uninitiated, uninformed, unsuspecting, inexperienced people.” Judge Mazzola also berated Einhorn for mentioning psychotronics, a word he stated that was not in his dictionary and therefore did not exist. 

Despite omissions from dictionaries – including Microsoft Word which continues to underline it in red – psychotronics is an interdisciplinary science concerned with the interactions of consciousness, energy fields and matter. There are thousands of references to it on the internet, and, especially, Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) used the word in introducing “The Space Preservation Act of 2001” (H.R. 2977), on October 2, 2001, well before Mazzola’s judgment. Kucinich described “psychotronic” devices as weapons that were “directed at individual persons or targeted populations for the purpose of ... mood management, or mind control.” And whereas Mazzola seemed to think Einhorn had invented this “pseudo-science,” in truth, Einhorn was merely one of the first promoters of the potential dangers relatively new technology was posing to the nations of the Earth. 

Writing in the Winter 1977/78 edition of CoEvolution Quarterly, Einhorn wrote about the exact synchronicity between the so-called Woodpecker’s shortwave pulses and naturally occurring alpha brainwave frequencies. In his article A Disturbing Communiqué, he advanced the opinion that the Russians were engaged in a sinister mind control experiment of Orwellian dimensions: they were sending out a specific “beam” across the Western world. Were they trying to brainwash the non-communist countries? 

Posing the question was sufficient for “the Russian Woodpecker” to become associated with Einhorn. It was, for the Woodpecker, an unfortunate situation to be in, as soon, Einhorn would become the subject of a high-profile murder investigation. From the late 1970s onwards, the Woodpecker signal was thus primarily used to “prove” that Einhorn was largely “an intellectual dilettante;” research into the signal itself became marginalised.

The Russian Woodpecker was a Soviet signal that could be heard on the shortwave radio bands worldwide between July 1976 and December 1989 – the latter date marking the collapse of the communist regime in the Soviet Union. It sounded like a sharp, repetitive tapping noise – giving rise to the “Woodpecker” name. The signal could be replicated by tapping a pencil on a table between eight and fourteen times each second. 

The random frequency was heard on disrupted legitimate broadcast, amateur radio, and utility transmissions and resulted in thousands of complaints by countries worldwide to Moscow. The complaints were however non-specific: it seemed that whatever the Russians were doing, was interfering with “business as usual” in the West, and could the Russians please rectify the problem. The answer was “njet,” but also invited another question: what was the signal?

Today, it is known that the signal came from the Duga-3 system, which was officially part of the Soviet Anti-Ballistic Missiles early-warning network, also known as an over-the-horizon radar (OTH) system and it is this that the Soviet Union post 1989 gave as the official explanation. In principle, it therefore seemed to be a mundane cause and purpose, tied in with the Soviet’s defence system and not with a global mind control technology.

However, though Einhorn’s name has become mostly associated with the conspiracy theories of the Russian Woodpecker, he was not the first to put these thoughts to paper. In The Zapping of America, published in 1977, Paul Brodeur wrote that “a report published in The New York Times on October 30, 1976, revealed that in recent months a mysterious broadband, short-wave radio signal had been broadcast intermittently from the Soviet Union.

"The signal was so powerful that it disrupted radio and telecommunications through the world […] Dr Zaret is concerned about the Russian signal […] because of its potential hazard to human beings […] It was very clear that such an encoding impressed onto carrier wave-lengths could have a central-nervous-system effect.”

Dr Milton Zaret had previously been retained to investigate the so-called “Moscow signal,” in which the US Embassy in Moscow was found to be subjected to a microwave beam by Soviet authorities. Today, most researchers tackling the Woodpecker refer to Einhorn’s article, and not to Brodeur’s book. Even though Mazzola argued Einhorn often tried to pass himself off as a legitimate scientist, when he was not, Einhorn seldom if ever made unsupported allegations. In this instance, he was not merely agreeing with Brodeur, but was also supported by his good friend and former military intelligence officer Lt. Colonel Thomas Bearden, USAF (Ret.), who – in retrospect correctly – claimed this signal emanated from the Soviet Union and had been traced to an installation in the cities of Riga and Gomel – near Chernobyl.

He added that it was emanating from a “Tesla Generator” and even claimed that the signal was responsible for weather modification wars covertly waged upon an unsuspecting United States citizenry by the wily and unscrupulous Russians. Specifically, he held the machine to be responsible for a drought in the western states, which ostensibly caused severe effects on farming and the economy in 1976. As far as “conspiracy theories” go, Bearden’s went beyond the scope of Einhorn’s.

Another very interesting point to note is the fact that the Black Ops 1 multiplayer map Grid had a lot of reference to the Russian Woodpecker. I'm still readin up on this stuff, but it's crazy interesting and I am seeing lots of potential links. Hopefully we will get some new information soon.

-Jolteon

That hat that James is wearing says specifically:

4th BCT 101st ABN DIV (AASLT)

506th INFANTRY REGIMENT

In 2008, the 101st 4th BCT Red and White "Currahee" including the 1st and the 2nd Battalions, 506th Infantry were deployed to Afghanistan.