What we want in Call of Duty Zombies 2015

All of your points do indeed shine a new light on the idea... Your perspective on it makes it sound like the worst idea ever... Almost as bad as playing with randoms who might troll you...

See if you could play with trusted players then it wouldnt be a problem, though I understand wanting a challenge. Maybe this would unlock after you have gotten to a certain round on co op, like a hard mode. But sadly public matches would be a problem, though when arent they with co operative ideas. 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair the idea of the game ending at the first bleed out would be fun and hectic. You'd all have to stick together or coordinate really well. How about they just make it an alternate mode for custom games? Toggle on / off "No Man Left Behind" mode, which I guess would be the equivalent to "hard mode" if it existed. In that case you'd only ever be playing with trusted friends since it's a custom mode. I would legitimately like that.

I really love Chaos Mode on Extinction, it makes me wish normal extinction was wave mode like that it would be much funner. As a new game mode I really want Chaos Mode a long with Grief that returns sporting the same model of gameplay as MotD.

• Moderators

Things I want: 

• NML 2.0 now with less glitches and the ability to choose which perk spawns.
  • No more Easter Eggs/Objectives that are forced upon you.
  • No more "teamwork" mechanics which are almost impossible to activate if you are playing with randoms.
  • No huge but empty maps.
  • If you must make huge maps again, 3arc, then please give us multiple Juggernog/speed cola etc. mashine locations in said map.

Here I have again some of my old ideas of an Zombie Database:

Weapons:

From the weapons tab you get access to all the information you could wish for about the weapons.
This includes:

• Weapon boards from the weapon with most kills to the least.
  • You can also pick each weapon and get unique statics from it:
  • Kills using it.
  • Downs while using it.
  • Accuracy.
  • Head shots.
  • Rounds fired.
  • Average amount of rounds left when reloaded.
  • Times purchased/picked from box.
  • Times when left to box.
  • Times when swapped to another weapon.
  • Amount of points used to the weapon (buys + ammo purchased).
  • Crawlers made (if possible with the gun)
  • Points generated with the weapon.
  • Kills per minute.

Maps:

• Times played on each map and hours spent in each map.
  • Average length of one game in specific map.
  • Best round in specific map.
  • Average rounds achieved in the specific map.
  • Average kills per match.
  • Average downs per match.
  • Average revives per match.
  • Average points per match.
  • Most used gun in the specific map.
  • Kills in the map
  • Downs in the map
  • Revives in the map

Also the maps section will feature heat maps!
In the heat maps of each map you have different filters you can set:

• Kills
  • Downs
  • Revives
  • Box locations
  • Trap locations
  • Doors
  • Wall gun locations

General:
In the general section you have over all stats.

• Time played
  • Kills
  • Downs
  • Revives
  • Revives/Downs ratio
  • Head shots
  • Accuracy
  • Crawlers made
  • Over all best round
  • Teleports made
  • Longest head shot
  • Knife kills
  • Boards repaired
  • Traps purchased
  • Doors purchased
  • Points gained
  • Average score gained
  • Power ups picked up

@Lenne Maps need a good compromise between a lot of things. They need to be horizontally expansive, somewhat vertically stacked, and easily traversed. Additionally that space needs to be well-filled.

Let's look at some extremes.

TranZit is the most horizontally expansive. Relative to how huge it is, the number of vertical areas you can access is negligible. That map is basically flat. Additionally most of that space is huge and empty. Additionally traversing the map is difficult. And I don't just mean "oh the denizens are annoying." I mean the map is forcing you to go with this circuitous flow. Just the nature of a map that works like a giant clock makes you feel forced to turn with it. It's not like old maps where you just go wherever you want, because back then there was no right way to go. In TranZit there is. Imagine TranZit, but with the entire "middle area" filled in. No fog. You can go off of the bus path and cut across the middle to any other stop very quickly. Now that would giveyou more freedom and kill hassle, but still encourage you to follow a flow (without forcing you to do so.)

Die Rise on the other hand is obviously the most vertical. The size of each floor is nothing relative to the amount of floors. The space is more well-filled, but yet again this is made asinine by how difficult it is to travel around the map. Well, traveling in general isn't exactly difficult, but again the map "tells you" where you're supposed to go. Again you have to go in a kind of circuitous flow. It's just a much more convoluted loop. Down this building, across, down, across, up, up, bam you're back home. Sure you can "cut across" in a few specific locations, but it's hardly free movement. Imagine if instead there were 3 adjacent skyscrapers, each with fully intact stairwells, and sky bridges connecting them each on multiple floors. Still vertical, just less asinine.

MotD was a good combination of horizontal and vertical, in the sense that a given area has enough open space relative to the number of areas. It's still structurally kind of a series of tubes (like the internet) and there are a lot of small between areas relative to the distance between, say, the cell block and the spiral staircase. This is structurally a huge improvement, but still getting from one side of the map to another is difficult, if not forced. Remember back to the days where you'd link the teleporter to the Der Riese mainframe with like 17 seconds left on the timer and how achieved you felt. I think we should be able to make a map larger without changing its ability to be traversed easily.

I won't go too in-depth about buried. It structurally is very similar to MotD in how there are lots of areas, some verticality, and difficulty going from one side of the map to another. (Maze to tunnels? Psh.)

Origins I believe is my absolute favorite in terms of layout. It really has an open layout, allowing you to basically go where you want. It's not confined to a certain path you have to take to get around the map. You kinda just... Go places. It's nice. Not that origins is without problems.

Also no hate on BO2. I was intentionally being overly critical of each map. In fact I'm among the few who loved every single map. I'm just saying in conclusion: the main thing that makes or breaks a map, (in terms of just layout and structure) is how easily and freely you can travel through it. I respect things like the bus for what they are, but on paper it is better than in practice. Zombies has always been kinda sandbox-y. "Here's some core mechanics, do whatever you want with them." In general BO2 felt too on-rails. Not that that makes for a bad experience, but that isn't the Zombies experience. I respect 3arc for experimenting, and the results were conclusive: take a half-step back.

Sorry for the double post, but I thought of a good analogy. People always say that Water in Legend of Zelda games is worse than satan himself. But in reality, it isn't the water that makes it tough. Water physics are pretty simple. Different, but simple. In the notorious OoT water temple there's all that bullshit with raising and lowering the water levels, and in Majora's Mask the great bay temple has that asinine rotating column of water that cyclones in a given direction, and you have to reverse it. In Twilight princess there were those god damn hogwarts staircases the move around. Water itself isn't the issue. They just felt the need to accompany it with tedious bullshit.

Having said that, a massive flat map or a massive vertical map are fine as a concept. But when you throw little annoying stuff in there with it like a horribly convoluted layout like a god damn Bendy-straw or fog with satanic assholes, you get a less than enjoyable map experience. Not that I didn't adore TranZit and Die Rise. But I think Treyarch should work on those core elements again, (flat / vertical) but less diluted. Get back to the old formula with those new ideas rather than it all being new. baby steps.

-Less Survival Maps (maps where there is like nothing to them but box hitting over and over again for a ray gun). 1 or 2 at most, and make them unique, not sections of other maps. 
-Maps with dynamic/new environments/settings. I've always thought a cool setting for a map would be discovering a well-preserved underwater site like Atlantis with its own "air bubble" or something like that (but going there awakens the zombies). Having to put on a mask to travel through an unsafe zone with a different challenge to reach Pack-a-Punch or something like that. Map ideas like this would be so fun to play and really bring a fresh and fun feeling to Zombies. 
-High-power weapons for all players like the Hell's Redeemer or Origins staffs. That way everyone can do part of the work for high rounds.

-Return of different weapons for different maps like Black Ops 2. EMPs, Skorpion Evo, Uzi, etc. Weapons that aren't in every map bring a unique spice to each.
-Small changes once in a while to maps during gameplay. Maybe a section of a map flooding every 30 mins, forcing you to move from one area to another once in a while?
-If there's boss zombie rounds make them not random. 
-More map-exclusive perks, and no persistent perks. 
-Keep buildable wonder weapons, but having those alongside box wonder weapons would be nice.

That's all I got offhand. Nice list. :)

-Less Survival Maps (maps where there is like nothing to them but box hitting over and over again for a ray gun). 1 or 2 at most, and make them unique, not sections of other maps. 

-Maps with dynamic/new environments/settings. I've always thought a cool setting for a map would be discovering a well-preserved underwater site like Atlantis with its own "air bubble" or something like that (but going there awakens the zombies). Having to put on a mask to travel through an unsafe zone with a different challenge to reach Pack-a-Punch or something like that. Map ideas like this would be so fun to play and really bring a fresh and fun feeling to Zombies. 

-High-power weapons for all players like the Hell's Redeemer or Origins staffs. That way everyone can do part of the work for high rounds.

-Return of different weapons for different maps like Black Ops 2. EMPs, Skorpion Evo, Uzi, etc. Weapons that aren't in every map bring a unique spice to each.

-Small changes once in a while to maps during gameplay. Maybe a section of a map flooding every 30 mins, forcing you to move from one area to another once in a while?

-If there's boss zombie rounds make them not random. 

-More map-exclusive perks, and no persistent perks. 

-Keep buildable wonder weapons, but having those alongside box wonder weapons would be nice.

That's all I got offhand. Nice list. :)

I agree with most of those suggestions.  I think they help foster innovation without completely straying from the base elements.  I too hated the persistent perks.  I think the 4 WW system like origins was really great.  I don't like buildables in general, but the staffs seemed to work fairly organically.  I'd prefer each character to maybe have a "challenge" like the origins challenge chest, and perhaps after completing a moderately difficult challenge, the player can retrieve their personal WW from the chest.  I like that idea so that people can't be bothered with "calling" a specific WW, and it is just up to who you start the game as, as to which WW you will have access to..

And I agree somewhat about the survival maps, but there should be much less focus on them.   I mean I prefer the bigger maps of course, but I would be lying if i said i didn't have a ton of fun just playing custom game on Town starting on round 20 and playing for 30 minutes and still having the "high round" experience

Man, i remember the days of the devkit.... Shame that the "console" that built the franchise is thrown to the wayside now. I know TV consoles really thrust the series into the light but PC is CoD's home.

Imagine if they brought it back for (potential) WaW2! I would have to build a new PC cuz mine is about 2/3 years behind.

Hold up while I pick my internal organs back up off the floor cuz my body just exploded. 

Wishful thinking is a helluva drug.

• Bring Back the PPSH
  • Bring Back the Thundergun
  • NO MORE BUILDABLES
  • Zombies respawn should work like this: zombies eventually respawn (rather than die out like waw) somewhere else in the map to prevent zombies getting stuck in glitches outside the map but this is not triggered if you move between zones, damaged zombies also eventually respawn (like in BO) you can keep a zombie or crawler alive and stop it respawning by feeding it (letting it hit you) like in WAW
  • A ranking system that A) We clearly know how to rank up in and B) Rewards us in some way eg cammo, starting weapon, perma perk, provides the ability to access a rank specific locked wonderweapon SOMETHING
  • Slightly more challenging zombie AI, similar to Exo Zombies
  • Bring back original characters, maybe kill off BO2 characters in first map
  • A game mode option in which you have to keep killing zombies to extend time left in order to prevent a game ending situation (similar to beast mode in GOW3) this makes gameplay more aggressive and fast paced rather than defensive
  • Easter Eggs provide a random persistant reward each time it is completed such as a unique starting pistol, character skin, melee weapon, perma perk etc in other words like raids
  • Make maps that play quicker and are faster to get around (not necessarily smaller)
  • Less ghosts/supernatural themes and go back to the sci fi goodness of waw storyline
  • Make sure Samantha actually has a German accent unlike Origins and pretend the origins easter egg ending was all an alcoholic fever dream Nikolai had after too much vodka
  • Flopper should be in every map not mule kick
  • If you die you become a zombie in multiplayer like in exo zombies
  • Instead of a dolphin dive or knee slide have a commando roll
  • Bring back Elena Siegman on vocals
  • Ray gun mark...3?

ONE more thing, most importantly:

RADIANT FOR BO3 ZOMBIES

OK thats all I can think of for now off the top during my lunch break :)

I like most of your ideas, only disagree with a few... My favorite of yours is the EE rewards idea, I think that's genius... The lighted towers in BO2 were cool, in the early days on BO2 I played DRise with a kid that died because he was looking at the lighted tower, one of my favorite experiences in Zs. The weapon reward sounds cool, but anything that gives a veteran player an advantage over a newcomer is something I'd rather stay away from... The mystery that initially surrounded the ranking system was great, The hours (days in my case) discussing different theories with friends was awesome. I like the current ranking system... Your supernatural/fairy tale comment was good too, I think the harry potter magic wands ruined Origins, until I saw the end sequence which ruined it further... However, I disagree with you on two things, WW and flippy floppy... I'd rather do away with WW completely, unless its similar to the waffle iron which would kill you if you werent careful. The BO1/2 WWs were absolutely horrid, the silly bloat cannon on moon, squishy gun on DRise, and jetpack from Buried were just too unrealistic for my tastes. With the introduction of flippy floppy, players went from a round 15 average to round 30 overnight... I liked Zs when it was simple, point and shoot to survive. This nonsense of making it easier has made the game less favorable in my opinion...

Isolation: One thing I have been waiting to see again, is the separation mechanic ( Everyone's favourite; Verrüct). It made 3 and 4 man games more interesting, I would love to see that return. It could also make for great PaP/EE mechanism, willingly isolating yourself from others for a solid time (couple minutes or rounds), being able to PaP or do EE steps otherwise not possible. Also in bigger maps, every man for themselves in the beginning could be wonderful if combined with right scare factors (Imagine Origins "characters meet" intro with gameplay)

Characters: Oh yes this, I always thought hidden perks were meh, but on the other hand it would be nice to see a little difference between the characters. Small perks linked to the theme of the character: Ze Doctor reviving bit faster, Dempsey the war hero being able to carry one extra grenade/tactical, Takeo, the man of honour knifing bit faster and Nikolai, the alcoholic of the Motherland, having a bottle of vodka with him and so on. Stuff like that would give a nice touch to characters, and overall I think "Next-gen" could give great opportunities in growing the character personalities and relationships in general.

Stats system mentioned above: So much yes

Kar98k Old weapons: This is bit off-topic, but as a person who runs Armageddon on high rounds, I would love to have box with more mixed weapon arsenal. Hit in WW2 weapons, cold war shooters and the futuristic stuff alongside wonder weapons, and you're set.

Daydreaming: Modding support

--To be edited if I come up with anything else--

• Bring Back the PPSH
  • Bring Back the Thundergun
  • NO MORE BUILDABLES
  • Zombies respawn should work like this: zombies eventually respawn (rather than die out like waw) somewhere else in the map to prevent zombies getting stuck in glitches outside the map but this is not triggered if you move between zones, damaged zombies also eventually respawn (like in BO) you can keep a zombie or crawler alive and stop it respawning by feeding it (letting it hit you) like in WAW
  • A ranking system that A) We clearly know how to rank up in and B) Rewards us in some way eg cammo, starting weapon, perma perk, provides the ability to access a rank specific locked wonderweapon SOMETHING
  • Slightly more challenging zombie AI, similar to Exo Zombies
  • Bring back original characters, maybe kill off BO2 characters in first map
  • A game mode option in which you have to keep killing zombies to extend time left in order to prevent a game ending situation (similar to beast mode in GOW3) this makes gameplay more aggressive and fast paced rather than defensive
  • Easter Eggs provide a random persistant reward each time it is completed such as a unique starting pistol, character skin, melee weapon, perma perk etc in other words like raids
  • Make maps that play quicker and are faster to get around (not necessarily smaller)
  • Less ghosts/supernatural themes and go back to the sci fi goodness of waw storyline
  • Make sure Samantha actually has a German accent unlike Origins and pretend the origins easter egg ending was all an alcoholic fever dream Nikolai had after too much vodka
  • Flopper should be in every map not mule kick
  • If you die you become a zombie in multiplayer like in exo zombies
  • Instead of a dolphin dive or knee slide have a commando roll
  • Bring back Elena Siegman on vocals
  • Ray gun mark...3?

ONE more thing, most importantly:

RADIANT FOR BO3 ZOMBIES

OK thats all I can think of for now off the top during my lunch break :)

The stuff in green i definitely am in favor of.  The stuff in red, definitely against.  Stuff still in regular text i have no opinion of.

The yellow ones, are tricky.  Although it sounds fun to become a zombie after bleeding out, it seems like it could cause some unintentional side effects. I think this would work good for grief, but not for regular co-op

And Ray gun, i suppose it would be ok to introduce another one, but i'd rather them focus on making new awesome wonder weapons, hence the red on the thundergun.  im ok with a classics map pack having thundergun in it like ascension or kino remastered, but new maps should have new WW's

anything that gives a veteran player an advantage over a newcomer is something I'd rather stay away from...... I'd rather do away with WW completely, unless its similar to the waffle iron which would kill you if you werent careful. The BO1/2 WWs were absolutely horrid

Since it's a coop mode I don't have much of a problem with rewarding veteran players with weapons, they can help the newcomers in their games survive. This works pretty well in similar games like Killing Floor, for example in which veteran players start with weapons which they can drop for newer players to sell. Also I think, for instance if you are X veteran rank and you have a chance of getting unique X wonderweapon or gun in mystery box or X unique perk in wonderfizz would be pretty cool.

I kind of liked the idea (if not implementation) in exinction of certain rewards you could work towards to add 'ultimate' abilities or perks etc.

To keep zombies more traditional the weapons could have the same damage just be a different model, for instance the higher ranked player could have a mauser starting pistol instead of a colt or something similar, or just a gold cammo or something. I personally had zero motivation to rank up in the BO2 zombie ranking system since you only got an emblem.

Also you're kind of unusual in not liking wonderweapons, personally Iove them as do most zombies players but each to their own ;)

The stuff in green i definitely am in favor of.  The stuff in red, definitely against.  Stuff still in regular text i have no opinion of.

The yellow ones, are tricky.  Although it sounds fun to become a zombie after bleeding out, it seems like it could cause some unintentional side effects. I think this would work good for grief, but not for regular co-op

And Ray gun, i suppose it would be ok to introduce another one, but i'd rather them focus on making new awesome wonder weapons, hence the red on the thundergun.  im ok with a classics map pack having thundergun in it like ascension or kino remastered, but new maps should have new WW's

To be honest I was being a little tongue in cheek with a couple of things like the commando roll :P

I agree with you on the thunder gun. However I suppose they could have a boss like George drop a gold plated one or something if we kill them (like he dropped the waffe). Wonderweapons should definately be unique for each map,although I don't mind if they carry over some wonderweapons for a map or two. However the ray gun is a pistol wonderweapon, considering the original ray gun has been in every single map since world at war I don't see why a ray gun mark 3 would effect having a unique primary WW for each map.

In terms of becoming a zombie, it works pretty simply in exo zombies, if you die in coop your player becomes a zombie for the rest of the round which has to be killed. You can't control it as you are in spectator and you still respawn like normal the next round. However I guess that doesn't really make sense if you think about it as if you kill the zombified character how can they respawn...

You don't like my idea of brutally killing off the BO2 characters? I have this whole scenario planned out where Stuhlinger gets a craving again for 'the flesh' which tips him over the edge into complete madness Apocalypse Now style and he kills the remaining BO2 characters starting with Marlton (maybe Misty gets away) then becomes a zombie himself. But that's just me.

How would you guys feel about the game ending in the case that any player bleeds out? It would discourage training and encourage teamwork, I think... I think it would add a much need flavor to a stale game...

They did that in survival mode of MW3, hated the concept. Pull your own weight, earn everything yourself. Plus this means we can't have too much space between players. I want to play zombies, not horror conga-line. 

How would you guys feel about the game ending in the case that any player bleeds out? It would discourage training and encourage teamwork, I think... I think it would add a much need flavor to a stale game...

They did that in survival mode of MW3, hated the concept. Pull your own weight, earn everything yourself. Plus this means we can't have too much space between players. I want to play zombies, not horror conga-line. 

I agree 100%, but most of what I see in online matches is a bunch of people playing on solo, but in a 4p game... Sounds like coop isn't for you... You say you like zombies, not horror conga line, I like zombies too, I just think players running off alone and walking in circles like a dog chasing it's tail is the conga line...

Thing's I'd like to see happen: 

-Changeable weaponry, meaning we choose which weapons go in the box. Obviously some are map specific. 

-Customizable characters for survival and game-mode maps. Main story maps still have the respected characters. 

-A way to earn outfits and such for my character. 

-No raygun mark 3 yet, that seems like a cop-out, the M2 was a good ploy for the time because well without it a good amount of people wouldn't have bought buried. Sad but true. I'd still bought it, but others not so much. They should add the RGM2 as part of the "hardened edition" or a pre-order package.  Maybe a map going into more detail on how the M2 came into existence. 

-I want a weapon that feels RIGHT when I shoot it. I'm looking at you BO1's M1911. 

-Crawlers respawn, but don't die until you kill it. 

- The N4's story should continue alongside the O4's story. Keep us guessing who'll be in the next map! 

- Ranking system based equally off round-skill as well as objective based. Likewise one's rank should be off the map and not just in general. 

-Hard mode! WOOOOO! 

- Fun objectives like "first door challenge: Survive to round 10" as part of a choosable option when selecting your map. 

-Perma-perks are optional and you obtain less "XP" for using them. 

- Wonderfizz returns 

- Vulture's aid and electric cherry return eventually, not tombstone/who's who. 

- Zombification after death, you also control the zombie, but can only hurt enemy players in grief, you do not get super speed like in turned. 

-Buildables should return, but not in the tranzit/die rise way. Too tedious. It should work like MOTD/Origins where you find pieces and can hold all of them, or even like buried where you can hold multiple kinds of pieces.

- I like goofiness (george A romero, Zombies on the moon, ghosts in buried, giant robots) but we also need something to make us feel alone and empty. The difference between the ambient noise in MOTD, which was great I should add,  and COTD was COTD made me feel like there was ALWAYS something behind me. MOTD felt like the noise was there with me and didn't make me feel as scared as I should have. People say that WAW felt creepy, but in truth, I think black ops 1 did it far better...  Also, to the guy who said less ghosts: Remember malluka fallows ghosts: Witch in buried, mobsters in MOTD, so ghosts=malluka songs=happy SMM. 

-Kick ass music, you've yet to disappoint me trayarch. I also like AX7 so feel free to keep them in the loop! 

- The zombie AI has never really been an issue with me, aside from that damn barn in buried,  zombies do what they're supposed to do: Run at you. 

- I want a big map, but I want to be able to get to my friend fast enough if he goes down on the other side of the map. I think buried did this right with two sides of the map: The normal side and the hard side, you're in the town and anyone can get you up, try to venture to PAP and you're at added risk of bleeding out if you go down. 

- I would like to see starting pistol variants you can earn: a sniper pistol which is more cumbersome but has a longer range for stealing those early kills in maps like Shi-no-numa, nact, and tranzit, then the mauser which has a different effect to the M1911 upgraded, and maybe some other things too. 

I agree 100%, but most of what I see in online matches is a bunch of people playing on solo, but in a 4p game... Sounds like coop isn't for you... You say you like zombies, not horror conga line, I like zombies too, I just think players running off alone and walking in circles like a dog chasing it's tail is the conga line...

Zombies has always been about survival. YOUR survival. We all know the Original 4 characters wouldn't stop to pick richtofen up, so to add to the realism, why should we be forced to? Plus with bigger maps like Origins, I can't be running around with some kid trying to get his staff mid-round, while some other jerk is spamming the box AND wonderfizz, while the other kid is eating cookies in front of his mike. It's hard enough to get a good game as is, I don't want to start over every time someone bleeds out! That's madness! We'd never get anything accomplished in a game of randoms.