What we want in Call of Duty Zombies 2015

I have two recommendations: 

1- My create-a-class box idea I love so much. 

But if you're not too keen on that try looking at my method of "talking" to other players without mics on console: 

First step to talking is standing still, if you attempt to move during an talk bit, the character will cut off. 

Next, HOLD the back button, a transparent wheel will appear on the screen. Select a phrase with RCS and select by pushing the button that corresponds: 

B- Tells whomever player 1 is

A- Tells whomever player 2 is

X- Tells whomever player 3 is

Y- Tells whoever is player 4 is 

If you push the button that corresponds with your player you tell the whole group. 

The words that could be selected would be: 

-Hold up! 

-Low amo man! 

- Fallow me! 

- Stop... 

- Someone buy this.

- Rock paper scissors: This can be used to determine who should get to hit the box/other things between 2 players. The winner will emit sparkles for a bit. 

- We've got a troll here... 

- ZOMBIES! 

-Behind you! 

-I'm full of perks! 

-I'm not taking it. 

-Not it! (If this is played, the last person in the lobby to say "not it" will emit  black sparkles for a bit. ) 

-Stop stealing my kills!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely piggyback with both @Tac's and @Agame360's suggestions. Great idea BTW. I usually don't bother dusting off the mic unless I'm playing with friends anyways. But when it comes to Zombies, the lack of any communication with randoms makes the game pretty hard sometimes.

That being said, I'd like to revive some of my own ideas from the past I'd like to see implicated in some way. Those being:

• More "Scare Factors" added to the environment and feel of the maps. (Much like Verruckt) to keep you on your toes. Treyarch is already known to mess with our minds with cryptic messages. Now lets see them mess with our eyes and ears!
  • A ranking system. I tried a mod for this via WaW on PC and it basically was getting XP the same way you do on MP, but on Zombies. They brushed up on this a LITTLE bit in Blops 2, but not much. I feel for me personally, the sense of being awarded and making progress with each and every game is ultimately what will drive me to keep playing that mode. This goes for damn near any game really. The fundamental feature for addiction in games starts with earning XP. I'd love to start seeing some daily/weekly Zombies challenges along side progress and stats for playing zombies aside from just the overall leaderboards.
  • Randomized/Interactive maps.  I always thought it was cool how some maps, the perk machines weren't always in the same location each and every game. I'd love to see that taken an extra mile for at least one map where even the series of events and when "special zombie" types spawn or happen so it's like a different experience almost every time. Best example I can come up with is a system similar to how Left 4 Dead works. Special Zombies, especially the Tank or Witch is hard to guess just when might appear and where. It's never the same exact spot. It may be with in a certain general area, but never the same exact spot and it switches up between the Witch or the Tank. I'd like to see them do that with not only the progress of Zombies, but with the map itself as well. What if it were to randomly start raining for a few rounds? Or snow even? Perhaps a line is cut and the power is shut down for once, leaving everything disabled? Things like that too.

I really want to see more interaction between characters, more conversations and answering rather than just a quote. But still quotes as well.

Crawlers need to not die out and have a way to keep them from moving or dying until you kill them like the Big Guy could do.

I'd looooove to see some fusion mechanics.

Like perks, for example. If you blend Speed Cola and Stamin-Up into one, you can reload while running. Or if you mix Flopper with Double Tap you can shoot explosive rounds.

Something that gives an always-different feeling to every game session.

love this idea.  might be something that next gen hardware could legitimately make this a possibility.  even maybe possibility of fusing weapons together to form better weapons to bring a new upgrade element into play

I came up with a gameplay mechanic idea recently, which I will soon be developing into a full-on map concept. Anyway I think it would allow a map to be almost infinitely dynamic and semi-customizable. I call it "Shadow-side" but whatever. Anyway imagine a map divided into 24 sections, and each section has a small shadow-side generator. Activating one will cause that area (which most likely has a 10 meter radius) to transition to its shadow counterpart. Basically imagine the Twilight realm / Silent realms from the Zelda series aesthetically. Each area that is changed to its shadowside variant has a completely different layout / features. You can activate up to 8 of these, effectively transforming one third of the map at a time. The best part is that it can be any of the 24 in any combination, and if you want you can turn one off and activate another. With this you could have an absurd number of combinations, which would allow for a lot of versatility, especially playing with 4 people when everyone can be holding down a different semi-customized area.

So functionally similar to my Temporal Displacement mechanic concept, but more structured, larger scale, and with more dramatic layout changes, and aesthetically the transformed areas would look like this rather than futuristic:

WSu1WO0.jpg

How would you guys feel about the game ending in the case that any player bleeds out? It would discourage training and encourage teamwork, I think... I think it would add a much need flavor to a stale game...

no it would be damn irritating say it happened early rounds and you had no perks or anything or guns or say its round 4 and if anything is to go by judging on origins we both know how they pretty much fast walk but might as well be sprinting lol. what if theres a whole horde and your trying to dodge and weave or the person is some where in the map you cant get to? instantly game over all the time no matter how fast you tried. that kind of bs would make me want to hang up my zombie killing or hands or controller or whatever if you will. unless it activated past a certain round didnt happen right off the bat. i do try save people and not leave them to die but sometimes you just gotta control the horde to go get the person. and it still wont make people try revive others some people are just lazy i think and self centred even if you said come revive me

How would you guys feel about the game ending in the case that any player bleeds out? It would discourage training and encourage teamwork, I think... I think it would add a much need flavor to a stale game...

That would get as old as when the game would end whenever the host left in WaW's MP. There's been plenty of scenarios where it wasn't a lack of teamwork. We were just simply overwhelmed and for whatever reason and someone was left to bleed out simply because we couldn't chance it without risking the whole game. 

I see what you're saying, but in zombies, it would just be more of a pain in the ass than anything else.

That's the point... If you have four players that are smarter than the zombies are, the game doesn't end until everyone wants to quit. If one or two get downed it only makes it easier for the remaining two... I absolutely hate it when people train zombies now, I used to do it yeah we all did... I just think a difficulty setting on Zs needs to be implemented... It's a very easy game to play, and after rounds 15-20 I don't see much of a point in playing... Anything that would make it harder to get to that point is a good idea in my book...

Your team is only as strong as your weakest player, it would encourage members of the team to stick together instead of running off by themselves and walking in a circle all by their lonesome...

It's funny, it's almost as though you're suggesting that the average player is smarter than the zombies. Here we all might be, but a larger portion of the community would suffer from that. Even if bad players weren't a majority, let's say 1 in ten players are really not great at zombies. That's like one out of every two to three games that are basically dead from the start for everyone else.

You all make valid points... Perhaps further customization to games that don't count to leaderboards... I've just seen the game I love go from Verrukt to Buried... The Zs game mode is quickly becoming geared to much toward children...

"This is the same gun I used to kill third wife, she was bitch"

vs.

"Aww, he's scared"

Maybe I'm just getting old...

Circles got harder and harder to maintain after about halfway through the first BO season. Which is a good thing, given maps like Der Riese, SNN, Kino and Ascension hardly requires my full attention once I've gotten all set up anymore. Love them to death, don't get me wrong... But you could circle for days and barely watch your back and you'd be fine.

Perhaps this is one reason I really enjoy the formula of how the Zombies work in AW so far.

• Moderators

Just imagine the trolls cooking a nade and basically suicide on the other side of a map. 

That would be no fun.