What we want in Call of Duty Zombies 2015

uIfzxMM.jpg

Hey there. I made this post to throw some of my ideas on how to take the classic Nazi Zombies game mode and bring it to the next level while maintaining it's core gameplay that so many have come to enjoy. The main purpose of this is that while there has always been some new equipment and perks and enemey types added. The zombie mode gets to a repetitve stall around rounds 20+.

That is when the players have most of their things and now they only focus on their ammo reserve and doing same loops as long as they can. Games can take very long and at some point your guns are useless and only way to play is to make points to use traps over and over again.

So here are some thoughts on how to change that, the game would still have that classic gameplay but the further you advance in the game the more objectives and changes will appear, some with high risk and high reward.

Have a separate perk slot for Juggernog. It's time to take it away from the normal perk pool. You still need to buy it and you can lose it but it will not take a perk slot from you. This way the game can have more unique perk choices instead of choosing just 3 perks because of the mandatory Juggernog.

Power outage. From rounds 15+. A random part of the map might lose power. All lights will go out as well as perks and traps from that area. If you have perk in your inventory from that area it's disabled for one round. You have the option to fix the outage by maybe doing a task on that area or building a generator like in Tranzit and placing it to the area. These sudden outages would bring the players together to either fix it or to help each other to survive it.

Round objectives. From rounds 10+ Complete a random objective you are given for the round for example stand in circle that appears on the map and kill enough zombies or complete enough headshots. You get small rewards like power ups or points.

Heavy zombies. From rounds 12+ Basically just slower zombies that take more damge to kill. You might need to change your priority to get rid of these zombies before others because their pace is different but it's also easy to outrun them.

Deployables. Buy or get rewarded a green smoke that you can throw to call in airsupport, turrets, mines or weapon/perk drops. All the deployables would be tied to the theme of the map so they don't feel out of the place. Similar for example to the Maxis Drone.

Heavy weapons. From rounds 25+. Hard to obtain guns that deal much more damage to the zombies. Making guns more effective on later rounds.

Carepackages. From rounds 25+. These would be random high risk/high reward drops. You get notification that one is deployed somewhere in the map. You can go to find it for substansial rewards like deployables, upgrades, exclusive perks, attachments or heavy weapons. You might also get something bad from it like complete power outage, boss zombies or other hindrances.

Nova 6 strike. From rounds 30+. Random part of the map might get filled with Nova 6 gas making it blocked area. You could have gotten a mask similar to the ones in Moon from carepackage or other methods to become resistant to the gas.

Wonder weapon upgrading. Instead of pack-a-punching the wonder weapons make the players do different tasks in order to power it up and maybe find some parts to upgrade it. But the base versions of the wonder weapons should be from the box.

So these suggestions would bring some new things to the gameplay and make every match a little bit different. Give me your thoughts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Non gameplay suggestions:

Clan integration. By now there has been numerous groups/clans created by zombie community players. Add clan hub in game or outside app/website. There could be internal leaderboards and statistic comparisons between members. Groups average statistics. You could also add clan leaderboards for competing in game modes like Grief.

Stats tracking. Like the_clay_bird mentioned there should be better stats tracking. Here some ideas it could include:

• Map specific stats.
  • Heatmaps showing where you die most in each map.
  • Accuracy heatmaps to show where you hit enemies most.
  • Gun specific stats. Number of kills, accuracy, etc.
  • Change Black Ops II rank model to show "skill level" in actual numbers.

More in-depth list of features:

• Time played
  • Kills
  • Downs
  • Revives
  • Revives/Downs ratio
  • Head shots
  • Accuracy
  • Crawlers made
  • Over all best round
  • Teleports made
  • Longest head shot
  • Knife kills
  • Boards repaired
  • Traps purchased
  • Doors purchased
  • Points gained
  • Average score gained
  • Power ups picked up

General:
In the general section you have over all stats.

• Kills
  • Downs
  • Revives
  • Box locations
  • Trap locations
  • Doors
  • Wall gun locations

Maps section will also feature heat maps!
In the heat maps of each map you have different filters you can set for the map to view:

• Times played on each map and hours spent in each map.
  • Average length of one game in specific map.
  • Best round in specific map.
  • Average rounds achieved in the specific map.
  • Average kills per match.
  • Average downs per match.
  • Average revives per match.
  • Average points per match.
  • Most used gun in the specific map.
  • Kills in the map
  • Downs in the map
  • Revives in the map

Maps:

• Kills using it.
  • Downs while using it.
  • Accuracy.
  • Head shots.
  • Rounds fired.
  • Average amount of rounds left when reloaded.
  • Times purchased/picked from box.
  • Times when left to box.
  • Times when swapped to another weapon.
  • Amount of points used to the weapon (buys + ammo purchased).
  • Crawlers made (if possible with the gun)
  • Points generated with the weapon.
  • Kills per minute.

Weapons:

From the weapons tab you get access to all the information you could wish for about the weapons. This includes:

Weapon "leader boards" from the weapon with most kills to the least.
You can also pick each weapon and get unique statics for it:

PC features:

• Ability to modify config file to change FOV, show lag-o-meter and to make other basic modifications.
  • Show connection with actual ping numbers and allow to restrict the matchmaking search by max ping.
  • Mod support.
  • Option to use server browser or quick search.
  • Oculus and Vive support.

Zombie player cards. These player cards would be visible in the lobby. They would be rewarded from different tasks and achievements in zombies. They could also show visuals like number of revives done.

2kKqQvA.png

Zombie Challenges. These challenges could be used to unlock new starting pistosl and player cards.

Challenge List, these ideas originate from my CoDHQ thread pre-Black Ops:

The_Head_Hunter and others suggested these titels and challenges:

Mercenary I: Kill 10 Zombies - Reward 100 XP - Title: Warm up!
Mercenary II: Kill 100 Zombies - Reward 500 XP - Title: Child's Play
Mercenary III: Kill 500 Zombies - Reward 1000 XP - Title: Recruit
Mercenary IV: Kill 1000 Zombies - Reward 1500 XP - Title: Soldier
Mercenary V: Kill 2500 Zombies - Reward 3000 XP - Title: Mercenary
Mercenary VI: Kill 5000 Zombies - Reward 6000 XP - Title: Zombie Killer
Mercenary VII: Kill 10000 Zombies - Reward 10000 XP - Title: So Many...
Mercenary IIX: Kill 25000 Zombies - Reward 10000 XP - Title: The Legend
Mercenary IX: Kill 100000 Zombies - Reward 10000 XP - Title: The One

Slayer I: Kill 100 Zombies in One Game - Reward 500 XP
Slayer II: Kill 250 Zombies in One Game - Reward 1000 XP - Title: Is that it?
Slayer III: Kill 500 Zombies in One Game - Reward 2500 XP - Title: Keep em' coming
Slayer IV: Kill 1000 Zombies in One Game - Reward 5000 XP - Title: Bring it!
Slayer V: Kill 2500 Zombies in One Game - Reward 10000 XP - Title: We keepin' score?
Slayer VI: Kill 5000 Zombies in One Game - Reward 10000 XP - Title: Stench of Death

Sharpshooter I: Get 100 Headshots - Reward 1000 XP
Sharpshooter II: Get 250 Headshots - Reward 2500 XP - Title: Bam!
Sharpshooter III: Get 500 Headshots - Reward 5000 XP - Title: Score!
Sharpshooter IV: Get 1000 Headshots - Reward 10000 XP - Title: BOOM! Headshot!
Sharpshooter V: Get 2500 Headshots - Reward 10000 XP - Title: Headless Hoard
Sharpshooter VI: Get 5000 Headshots - Reward 10000 XP - Title: God Aim

The Hoard I: Survive Until Round 5 - Reward 500 XP
The Hoard II: Survive Until Round 10 - Reward 1000 XP - Title: With my eyes closed!
The Hoard III: Survive Until Round 20 - Reward 2500 XP - Title: Are they even trying?
The Hoard IV: Survive Until Round 30 - Reward 5000 XP - Title: They keep coming!
The Hoard V: Survive Until Round 40 - Reward 10000 XP - Title: The Swarm!
The Hoard VI: Survive Until Round 50 - Reward 10000 XP - Title: The Hoard!
The Hoard VII: Survive Until Round 75 - Reward 10000 XP - Title: Turning up the Heat!
The Hoard IIX: Survive Until Round 100 - Reward 10000 XP - Title: The Undead Army!

Carpenter I: Fix 100 Boards - Reward 500 XP
Carpenter II: Fix 500 Boards - Reward 2500 XP
Carpenter III: Fix 1000 Boards - Reward 5000 XP - Title: Handyman
Carpenter IV: Fix 1500 Boards - Reward 7500 XP - Title: Mr. Fix It
Carpenter V: Fix 2500 Boards - Reward 10000 XP - Title: The Carpenter

The Box I: Use the Mystery Box 1 Time: Reward 100 XP
The Box II: Use the Mystery Box 5 Times: Reward 1000 XP
The Box III: Use the Mystery Box 10 Times: Reward 2500 XP - Title: Chance
The Box IV: Use the Mystery Box 25 Times: Reward 5000 XP - Title: Lucky
The Box V: Use the Mystery Box 50 Times: Reward 7500 XP - Title: The Gambler
The Box VI: Use the Mystery Box 100 Times: Reward 10000 XP - Title: Obsessed
The Box VII: Use the Mystery Box 250 Times: Reward 10000 XP - Title: Mystery Box Annoynmous

Saviour I: Revive 1 Team Mate: Reward 100 XP
Saviour II: Revive 5 Team Mates: Reward 1000 XP
Saviour III: Revive 10 Team Mates: Reward 2000 XP - Title: Protector
Saviour IV: Revive 25 Team Mates: Reward 4000 XP - Title: Healer
Saviour V: Revive 50 Team Mates: Reward 6000 XP - Title: Saviour
Saviour VI: Revive 100 Team Mates: Reward 10000 XP - Title: Doctor
Saviour VII: Revive 250 Team Mates: Reward 10000 XP - Title: Hero

Survivor I: Be Revived 1 Time: Reward 50 XP - Title: A Second Chance
Survivor II: Be Revived 5 Times: Reward 250 XP - Title: Saved!
Survivor III: Be Revived 25 Times: Reward 1000 XP - Title: The Brink!
Survivor IV: Be Revived 50 Times: Reward 2000 XP - Title: Purple Heart
Survivor V: Be Revived 100 Times: Reward 3000 XP - Title: The Living Dead

Grenade I-Blow up 10 zombies with grenades XP-100.
Grenade II-Blow up 25 Zombies with grenades XP-250.
Grenade III-Blow up 50 zombies with grenades XP-500
Grenade IV-Blow up 100 zombies with grenades XP-1000
Grenade V-Blow up 250 Zombies with grenades XP-2500 Title: Potato Chucker
Grenade VI-Blow up 500 zombies with grenades. XP-5000 Title: Click N' Throw
Grenade VII-blow up 1000 Zombies with Nades: XP-10000 Title: Pile Em' Up!
Grenade VIII-Blow up 5000 Zombies with Nades XP-10000 Title: Kaboom!
Grenade IX-Blow up 10,000 zombies with Nades. XP-10000 Title: Grenade Master

Explosives I-Blow up 10 zombies with Betties/Claymores. Xp 100
Explosives II-Blow up 25 zombies with Betties/Claymores. Xp 250
Explosives III-Blow up 50 zombies with Betties/Claymores. Xp 500
Explosives IV-Blow up 100 zombies with Betties/Claymores. Xp 1000
Explosives V-Blow up 250 zombies with Betties/Claymores. Xp 2500. Title: Bomb Planter
Explosives VI-Blow up 500 zombies with Betties/Claymores. XP 5000 Title: Saved Your Ass
Explosives VII-Blow up 1000 zombies with Betties/Claymores. XP 10000 Title: BOOM
Explosives VIII-Blow up 5000 zombies with Betties/Clamores. XP 10000 Title: Do I have Burnt Marks on my Ass?
Explosives IX-Blow up 10,000 zombies with Betties/Claymores. Xp 10000 Title: I Think I'm Deaf

Knife I-Kill 10 zombies with a knife. Xp 100
Knife II-Kill 25 zombies with a knife. Xp 250
Knife III-Kill 50 zombies with a knife. Xp 500
Knife IV-Kill 100 zombies with a knife. XP 1000
Knife V-Kill 250 zombines with a knife. XP 2500 Title: Don't Touch Me!
Knife VI-Kill 500 zombies with a knife. XP 5000. Title: Steel and Flesh
Knife VII-Kill 1000 zombies with a knife. XP 10000 Title: Can't Touch This.
Knife VIII-Kill 5000 zombies with a knife. XP 10000 Title: Vlad The Impaler
Knife IX-Kill 10,000 zombies with a knife. XP 10000 Title: BladeMaster.

Gibber I-Gib 10 zombies. XP 100
Gibber II-Gib 25 Zombies. XP 250
Gibber II-Gib 50 Zombies. XP 500
Gibber IV-Gib 100 zombies. XP 1000 Title: Mr. Gibster
Gibber V-Gib 250 zombies. XP 2500 Title: Torture
Gibber VI- Gib 500 Zombies. XP 5000 Title: Disassemble
Gibber VII- Gib 1000 zombies. XP 10,000 Title: Squirming Hellpigs
Gibber VIII-Gib 5000 zombies. XP 10,000 Title: GibMaster
Gibber IX-Gib 10,000 zombies XP 10,000. Title: And the Limbs Go Flying!

Commando I: Be the last man alive and survive to the next round - Reward 100 XP
Commando II: Be the last man alive and survive to the next round 5 times - Reward 500 XP
Commando III: Be the last man alive and survive to the next round 25 times - Reward 2500 XP
Commando IV: Be the last man alive and survive to the next round 50 times - Reward 5000 XP
Commando V: Be the last man alive and survive to the next round 100 times - Reward 7500 XP
Commando VI: Be the last man alive and survive to the next round 250 times - Reward 10000 XP
Commando VII: Be the last man alive and survive to the next round 375 times - Reward 10000 XP
Commando VIII: Be the last man alive and survive to the next round 500 times - Reward 10000 XP
(Only works with multiplayer)

Group Leader I: Finish a game with the top score - Reward 100 XP
Group Leader II: Finish a game with the top score 10 times - Reward 500 XP
Group Leader III: Finish a game with the top score 25 times - Reward 1000 XP
Group Leader IV: Finish a game with the top score 50 times - Reward 2500 XP
Group Leader V: Finish a game with the top score 100 times - Reward 5000 XP
Group Leader VI: Finish a game with the top score 250 times - Reward 10000 XP
Group Leader VII: Finish a game with the top score 500 times - Reward 10000 XP
(Only works with multiplayer)

Multitasker I: Be the last man alive and revive a team mate - Reward 100 XP
Multitasker II: Be the last man alive and revive a team mate 5 times - Reward 500 XP
Multitasker III: Be the last man alive and revive a team mate 25 times - Reward 1000 XP
Multitasker IV: Be the last man alive and revive a team mate 50 times - Reward 2500 XP
Multitasker V: Be the last man alive and revive a team mate 100 times - Reward 5000 XP
Multitasker VI: Be the last man alive and revive a team mate 250 times - Reward 10000 XP
Multitasker VII: Be the last man alive and revive a team mate 500 times - Reward 10000 XP
(only works with multiplayer)

Gunnin' I: Get two or more kills within 5 seconds 5 times - Reward 100 XP
Gunnin' II: Get two or more kills within 5 seconds 15 times - Reward 500 XP
Gunnin' III: Get two or more kills within 5 seconds 50 times - Reward 1000 XP
Gunnin' IV: Get two or more kills within 5 seconds 100 times - Reward 2500 XP
Gunnin' V: Get two or more kills within 5 seconds 250 times - Reward 5000 XP
Gunnin' VI: Get two or more kills within 5 seconds 500 times - Reward 10000 XP
Gunnin' VII: Get two or more kills within 5 seconds 1000 times - Reward 10000 XP

Marksman I: Get two or more kills with one bullet/explosion/charge - Reward 100 XP
Marksman II: Get two or more kills with one bullet/explosion/charge 10 times - Reward 500 XP
Marksman III: Get two or more kills with one bullet/explosion/charge 25 times - Reward 1000 XP
Marksman IV: Get two or more kills with one bullet/explosion/charge 100 times - Reward 2500 XP
Marksman V: Get two or more kills with one bullet/explosion/charge 250 times - Reward 5000 XP
Marksman VI: Get two or more kills with one bullet/explosion/charge 500 times - Reward 10000 XP
Marksman VII: Get two or more kills with one bullet/explosion/charge 100 times - Reward 10000 XP

MULTI BOOM I: Kill 2 zombies with 1 greanade Reward XP: 500
MULTI BOOM II: Kill 3 zombies with 1 grenade Reward XP: 1000
MULTI BOOM III: Kill 4 zombies with 1 grenade Reward XP: 2500 and title: Kaboom
MULTI BOOM IV: Kill 7 zombies with 2 grenades Reward XP: 3000 and title: MULTI BOOM" 

Suggestions from others:

• Text based lobby chat.

@AlphaSnake

• Make custom games with pre-set settings record the rounds survived.

@FatedTitan

• Make the maps play quicker so there is no pointless hinderance like waiting for elevators.

@evilM

• Isolation: One thing I have been waiting to see again, is the separation mechanic ( Everyone's favourite; Verrüct). It made 3 and 4 man games more interesting, I would love to see that return. It could also make for great PaP/EE mechanism, willingly isolating yourself from others for a solid time (couple minutes or rounds), being able to PaP or do EE steps otherwise not possible. Also in bigger maps, every man for themselves in the beginning could be wonderful if combined with right scare factors (Imagine Origins "characters meet" intro with gameplay)
  • Characters: Oh yes this, I always thought hidden perks were meh, but on the other hand it would be nice to see a little difference between the characters. Small perks linked to the theme of the character: Ze Doctor reviving bit faster, Dempsey the war hero being able to carry one extra grenade/tactical, Takeo, the man of honour knifing bit faster and Nikolai, the alcoholic of the Motherland, having a bottle of vodka with him and so on. Stuff like that would give a nice touch to characters, and overall I think "Next-gen" could give great opportunities in growing the character personalities and relationships in general.
  • Stats system mentioned above: So much yes
  • Kar98k Old weapons: This is bit off-topic, but as a person who runs Armageddon on high rounds, I would love to have box with more mixed weapon arsenal. Hit in WW2 weapons, cold war shooters and the futuristic stuff alongside wonder weapons, and you're set.
  • Daydreaming: Modding support

@Amantha77

• Bring Back the PPSH
  • Bring Back the Thundergun
  • NO MORE BUILDABLES
  • Zombies respawn should work like this: zombies eventually respawn (rather than die out like waw) somewhere else in the map to prevent zombies getting stuck in glitches outside the map but this is not triggered if you move between zones, damaged zombies also eventually respawn (like in BO) you can keep a zombie or crawler alive and stop it respawning by feeding it (letting it hit you) like in WAW
  • A ranking system that A) We clearly know how to rank up in and B) Rewards us in some way eg cammo, starting weapon, perma perk, provides the ability to access a rank specific locked wonderweapon SOMETHING
  • Slightly more challenging zombie AI, similar to Exo Zombies
  • Bring back original characters, maybe kill off BO2 characters in first map
  • A game mode option in which you have to keep killing zombies to extend time left in order to prevent a game ending situation (similar to beast mode in GOW3) this makes gameplay more aggressive and fast paced rather than defensive
  • Easter Eggs provide a random persistant reward each time it is completed such as a unique starting pistol, character skin, melee weapon, perma perk etc in other words like raids
  • Make maps that play quicker and are faster to get around (not necessarily smaller)
  • Less ghosts/supernatural themes and go back to the sci fi goodness of waw storyline
  • Make sure Samantha actually has a German accent unlike Origins and pretend the origins easter egg ending was all an alcoholic fever dream Nikolai had after too much vodka
  • Flopper should be in every map not mule kick
  • If you die you become a zombie in multiplayer like in exo zombies
  • Instead of a dolphin dive or knee slide have a commando roll
  • Bring back Elena Siegman on vocals
  • Ray gun mark...3?
  • Radiant.

@S1ippery Jim

• Less Survival Maps (maps where there is like nothing to them but box hitting over and over again for a ray gun). 1 or 2 at most, and make them unique, not sections of other maps. 

• Maps with dynamic/new environments/settings. I've always thought a cool setting for a map would be discovering a well-preserved underwater site like Atlantis with its own "air bubble" or something like that (but going there awakens the zombies). Having to put on a mask to travel through an unsafe zone with a different challenge to reach Pack-a-Punch or something like that. Map ideas like this would be so fun to play and really bring a fresh and fun feeling to Zombies. 

• High-power weapons for all players like the Hell's Redeemer or Origins staffs. That way everyone can do part of the work for high rounds.

• Return of different weapons for different maps like Black Ops 2. EMPs, Skorpion Evo, Uzi, etc. Weapons that aren't in every map bring a unique spice to each.
  • Small changes once in a while to maps during gameplay. Maybe a section of a map flooding every 30 mins, forcing you to move from one area to another once in a while?
  • If there's boss zombie rounds make them not random. 
  • More map-exclusive perks, and no persistent perks. 
  • Keep buildable wonder weapons, but having those alongside box wonder weapons would be nice.

@Dahniska

• NML 2.0 now with less glitches and the ability to choose which perk spawns.
  • No more Easter Eggs/Objectives that are forced upon you.
  • No more "teamwork" mechanics which are almost impossible to activate if you are playing with randoms.
  • No huge but empty maps.
  • If you must make huge maps again, 3arc, then please give us multiple Juggernog/speed cola etc. mashine locations in said map.

@Lenne

• Custom game option where if someone doesn't get revived the game ends.

@YdaJdiMstr

•  I really want to see more interaction between characters, more conversations and answering rather than just a quote. But still quotes as well.

• Crawlers need to not die out and have a way to keep them from moving or dying until you kill them like the Big Guy could do.

@Nightmare Voyager

• More "Scare Factors" added to the environment and feel of the maps. (Much like Verruckt) to keep you on your toes. Treyarch is already known to mess with our minds with cryptic messages. Now lets see them mess with our eyes and ears!
  • A ranking system. I tried a mod for this via WaW on PC and it basically was getting XP the same way you do on MP, but on Zombies. They brushed up on this a LITTLE bit in Blops 2, but not much. I feel for me personally, the sense of being awarded and making progress with each and every game is ultimately what will drive me to keep playing that mode. This goes for damn near any game really. The fundamental feature for addiction in games starts with earning XP. I'd love to start seeing some daily/weekly Zombies challenges along side progress and stats for playing zombies aside from just the overall leaderboards.
  • Randomized/Interactive maps.  I always thought it was cool how some maps, the perk machines weren't always in the same location each and every game. I'd love to see that taken an extra mile for at least one map where even the series of events and when "special zombie" types spawn or happen so it's like a different experience almost every time. Best example I can come up with is a system similar to how Left 4 Dead works. Special Zombies, especially the Tank or Witch is hard to guess just when might appear and where. It's never the same exact spot. It may be with in a certain general area, but never the same exact spot and it switches up between the Witch or the Tank. I'd like to see them do that with not only the progress of Zombies, but with the map itself as well. What if it were to randomly start raining for a few rounds? Or snow even? Perhaps a line is cut and the power is shut down for once, leaving everything disabled? Things like that too.

@Undead

• Perk blender, mix perks in blender to get new perk abilities. Speed Cola and Stamin-Up into one, you can reload while running. Or if you mix Flopper with Double Tap you can shoot explosive rounds.

@JuggerWicho

• Create-a-Class box
  • Changeable weaponry, meaning we choose which weapons go in the box. Obviously some are map specific. 
  • Customizable characters for survival and game-mode maps. Main story maps still have the respected characters. 

• A way to earn outfits and such for my character.

• No raygun mark 3. They should add the RGM2 as part of the "hardened edition" or a pre-order package.  Maybe a map going into more detail on how the M2 came into existence.

• I want a weapon that feels RIGHT when I shoot it. I'm looking at you BO1's M1911.

• Crawlers respawn, but don't die until you kill it.

• The N4's story should continue alongside the O4's story. Keep us guessing who'll be in the next map!

• Ranking system based equally off round-skill as well as objective based. Likewise one's rank should be off the map and not just in general.

• Hard mode!

• Fun objectives like "first door challenge: Survive to round 10" as part of a choosable option when selecting your map.

• Perma-perks are optional and you obtain less "XP" for using them.

• Wonderfizz returns 

• Vulture's aid and electric cherry return eventually, not tombstone/who's who.

• Zombification after death, you also control the zombie, but can only hurt enemy players in grief, you do not get super speed like in turned.

• Buildables should return, but not in the tranzit/die rise way. Too tedious. It should work like MOTD/Origins where you find pieces and can hold all of them, or even like buried where you can hold multiple kinds of pieces.

• Ilike goofiness (george A romero, Zombies on the moon, ghosts in buried, giant robots) but we also need something to make us feel alone and empty. The difference between the ambient noise in MOTD, which was great I should add,  and COTD was COTD made me feel like there was ALWAYS something behind me. MOTD felt like the noise was there with me and didn't make me feel as scared as I should have. People say that WAW felt creepy, but in truth, I think black ops 1 did it far better...  Also, to the guy who said less ghosts: Remember malluka fallows ghosts: Witch in buried, mobsters in MOTD, so ghosts=malluka songs=happy SMM. 

• Kick ass music, you've yet to disappoint me trayarch. I also like AX7 so feel free to keep them in the loop! 

• The zombie AI has never really been an issue with me, aside from that damn barn in buried,  zombies do what they're supposed to do: Run at you. 

• I want a big map, but I want to be able to get to my friend fast enough if he goes down on the other side of the map. I think buried did this right with two sides of the map: The normal side and the hard side, you're in the town and anyone can get you up, try to venture to PAP and you're at added risk of bleeding out if you go down.

• I would like to see starting pistol variants you can earn: a sniper pistol which is more cumbersome but has a longer range for stealing those early kills in maps like Shi-no-numa, nact, and tranzit, then the mauser which has a different effect to the M1911 upgraded, and maybe some other things too.

@Stop mocking me0

• More unique power drops.

@Black Hand Smith

• Add non-mic communications for consoles. For example ability to bring up different commands you can shout.

@Agame360

• A dynamic Easter Egg that would have different steps and scaling difficulty depending on how many players are in the game would be awesome. 
  • The ability to pick who you'll play as in solo / private matches
  • A timed game-mode, people who play Custom Zombies know what I'm talking about.
  • Instead of perma-perks, give players the ability to choose bonus upgrades before the game starts, à la Extinction. I'd be awesome if these had to be unlocked first, coinciding with @Matuzz's player card idea.
  • Ability to give your buddies your weapon / ammo. Instead of the fridge and bank.
  • Let the map physically change if players have completed the EE of the map. Like the Towers being lit up, but more than just cosmetic.
  • Return of different zombie-types à la Shangri-La.
  • Cross platform play between the PC and Xbox One

@Tasha

• Gritty feel.
  • More historical background to the story.

@Tac

• Ability to create different sizes of lobbies.
  • Punish dashboarders/glitchers.
  • Make highround attempts take something more than just doing loop in one place.'

@Hells Warrrior

• Remove 4 player requirment for Easter Eggs.

@DeathBringerZen

• More advanced game options where you can toggle different features.
  • Option for pre-made buildables.

@Chopper

• Mode where you get teleported between different maps.
  • Bring back some classic weapons.

@GodOfWarrio

• Remove the bank and weapon storage.
  • Better rewards from Easter Eggs to make it worth to redo them.
  • More advanced stats tracking.
  • Challenges for things like new PaP skins and guns.
  • Return of theater mode.

Edited by Matuzz
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to get this set as our featured topics - I'd like to see all your ideas for the new Treyarch zombies to end up in here, so Treyarch know where to look for the best suggestions ;)

Hope the title change is ok @Matuzz

Thanks a lot Chopper. I'll try to throw few more ideas later on and hear feedback and ideas from others :)

I like the separate perk slot for Jugg idea, because nobody realistically doesn't choose jug as one of their 4 perks... that or just expand it to 5 perk limit.

the rest seem pretty outlandish to me.  I mean no offense by this, but they sound like doing different things just for the sake of doing different things.  Most of them would provide a challenge, but when i am thinking of things for the next game, I think of something like the gersch device, where when i saw it the first time my eyes lit up and thought "DAMN, now THAT was cool"  I dont think adding things to make it tougher is the way to go, but maybe limiting things that make it easier (please get rid of the bank and weapon locker)  

Now the round objectives, i think that is a fun idea.  reward you with like a max ammo if you complete it, maybe take away one clip if you don't.  

when i think of stuff i want in the new zombies, it is a return to what made it great.  A progression of gaining points opening doors, buying weapons and perks and upgrading weapons.  What i want added are increased stats tracking (even more in depth than BO2) customization options and maybe a challenge system to unlock new PaP skins, weapons, etc.  Id like to see the theater return of course.   Easeter Eggs/Side Quests should be completely optional, but difficult, and with a reward worthy of the time and skill  it takes to complete it.

I might be ok with a care drop type of system, but i am against any type of deployables.  I think the allure of nazi zombies was it is just you against the zombs... nobody outside is helping you besides the announcer giving random drops.  I think the deployables and care packages like in Outbreak are too far outside that realm,.  its fine for exo zombs, but id prefer it left out of our treyarch zombs

I got a crazy one, bring back some classic maps but have something wrong with the teleporters so every x amount of rounds when you go to use it you all get teleported to a different map and you gotta survive there for however long. Maybe won't go with the continuity of the story but it'd be pretty cool

I got a crazy one, bring back some classic maps but have something wrong with the teleporters so every x amount of rounds when you go to use it you all get teleported to a different map and you gotta survive there for however long. Maybe won't go with the continuity of the story but it'd be pretty cool

I love this concept, would be awesome as a mode......I like the idea of more modes within zombies as a whole - not just one flavour, maybe 3 different flavours.

One straight up, one with buildables and some of the things Matuzz suggested, maybe a mode where you can configure tons of these options.

Like Clay said - that original progression of working the points, doors, weapons and your strategy.  Origins is like a sterile mess of a setup, Buried is even worse as you get all your points and can do everything on round 1!!!  Just not true zombies to me.

If you insist on having that kinda start available, be it via bank (Buried/Die Rise etc) or highly complex (Origins, MOTD), have an option to not have to do that stuff.

Have an option to not have to find 3 shield parts every game when you have done it many times before.  Try and have as many options and ways to play available to us.  

I understand that you can't please everyone, and trying to do too much could ruin the game but some options seem so easy to have in there - like an option for buildables - built / parts need finding.  That's it, one option means those that want to always find the parts can, and those that are sick of doing it over and over again don't have to.

@the_clay_bird Thanks for the feeback. On the airdrops/ deployables I definetly agree that they shoudln't be some out of the place things like a random helicopter appearing. They could be tied to the map and it's theme so they vary on the map. So it wouldn't be just a killstreak taken from multiplayer and copied to zombies. But more to the line like Maxis quadrotor from Origins type of a deal.

Example if there would be one in Ascension map. It's focused on space so you could throw beacon that is linked to russian space station and a sputnik type of devices with explosives crashes to the map in similar fashion to the pods in which the monkeys come from taking out zombies on the explosion radius.

As for the making the game more difficult in artificial way. I don't think there should be anything too hard. Just something like the Nova 6 that makes you to switch to another area and that too would come out relatively late to the game. Maybe even have a classic mode with out any of these. But I think there should be something to keep the game going and switching slightly the pace and strategy the players adopt on each round.

One thing I would love to see, as mentioned already by Clay is better, harder EE's with actually meaningful rewards. The N4 map EE's were terribly under valued by in-game features that made all 3 of them pointless outside of obtaining the achievement.

Tranzit = At best a power up drop which is easily obtainable outside of the EE so pointless and a waste of time.

Die Rise = All 6 perks which was pointless seeing as they were obtained easily from the Nova Crawlers, making the EE again pointless and a waste of time.

Buried = All perks permanently. Better, but still a waste of time if you have (and most do) the persistent tombstone perk, as losing one perk was easy to reobtain by getting the perk back from the ghost.

MotD and Origins did the EE stuff differently, and although the weapons were good it made the actual EE feel forced every game. It should definitely be a voluntary feature but the rewards for doing them should be something unique to the map and actual worth the effort. They have become a massive part of zombies now, especially since the one on Moon was so good and worthwhile if you planned a serious game.

I would also like to see all EE's be capable with any amount of players. 4 player EE's are poor because games take too long. Another reason why the Buried EE was so poor. If you could do the EE on 2 player on Buried like you could on Moon I think it would have been a more popular reward.

So there are some great ideas on this post, especially the power outage one I really like. But why did it get to be featured topic when there are a lot of others to do with features for the next zombies game? Maybe you could merge some of them together? Also the title doesnt make sense to me. Like where it says for old mode it should be "an".

So there are some great ideas on this post, especially the power outage one I really like. But why did it get to be featured topic when there are a lot of others to do with features for the next zombies game? Maybe you could merge some of them together? Also the title doesnt make sense to me. Like where it says for old mode it should be "an".

You can probably see english is not my native langugage. :/ I can gather ideas from the comments and add them to the OP.

You can probably see english is not my native langugage. :/ I can gather ideas from the comments and add them to the OP.

I know, but chopper said he changed the title so I was confused. I dont think you should add anything to the OP its fine, but if a mod feels it should have stuff they can go ahead! :)

Edit: Crawlers need to not die out and have a way to keep them from moving or dying until you kill them like the Big Guy could do.

I love this concept, would be awesome as a mode......I like the idea of more modes within zombies as a whole - not just one flavour, maybe 3 different flavours.

One straight up, one with buildables and some of the things Matuzz suggested, maybe a mode where you can configure tons of these options.

Like Clay said - that original progression of working the points, doors, weapons and your strategy.  Origins is like a sterile mess of a setup, Buried is even worse as you get all your points and can do everything on round 1!!!  Just not true zombies to me.

If you insist on having that kinda start available, be it via bank (Buried/Die Rise etc) or highly complex (Origins, MOTD), have an option to not have to do that stuff.

Have an option to not have to find 3 shield parts every game when you have done it many times before.  Try and have as many options and ways to play available to us.  

I understand that you can't please everyone, and trying to do too much could ruin the game but some options seem so easy to have in there - like an option for buildables - built / parts need finding.  That's it, one option means those that want to always find the parts can, and those that are sick of doing it over and over again don't have to.

I think this is fantastic.  What if in origins, you could turn the buildables option off?  instead the maxis drone, and zombie shield were already built at specific locations and could be purchased?  Stick the staves in the mystery box.   Just as an option.

Let me first say to preface that any disagreement with anyone in this thread is NOT me saying you are wrong, just simply my opinion for what would be most fun for me... so no offense is meant by anything i might post lol

But yes, chopper, i agree they should expand the custom games options and really let you make it your own... that could add so much replayability to the maps.

gosh there is just so much you could do with that

That would be amazing for maps such as Origins and MotD but in other maps the tables would have to be moved due to them being to easy to get, like the Trample Steam in Die Rise. 

• Tech Admin

Surpised no one has said it (unless I have missed it) - 1 ,2, 3, 4 player lobbies - you have the leaderboards for this, give us the option to create a lobby with that amount of players in it.

Punish dashboarders

Punish glitchers

Going for high rounds, mix it up for them. Doing the same thing round after round, hour after hour, day after day is a tad boring to play (if I could) to watch (sometimes).

• Administrators
I suppose the thing I want the most is a gritty feel. I don't play enough for me to really care about gameplay, but I do really dislike buildables so I'd like an option to buy them instead of make them. And of course a more historically-driven story. Always love that.

Sweeet thread :3

• A dynamic Easter Egg that would have different steps and scaling difficulty depending on how many players are in the game would be awesome. 
  • A timed game-mode, people who play Custom Zombies know what I'm talking about.
  • Instead of perma-perks, give players the ability to choose bonus upgrades before the game starts, à la Extinction. I'd be awesome if these had to be unlocked first, coinciding with @Matuzz's player card idea.
  • Ability to give your buddies your weapon / ammo. Instead of the fridge and bank.
  • Let the map physically change if players have completed the EE of the map. Like the Towers being lit up, but more than just cosmetic.

I know this will sound kind of stupid but selfless... What if there was & easier way for (No - Mic) players to communicate better while playing zombies!!! It's best needed especially when 4 potential players are in one game and can't even tell each other to watch out...

In modern warfare 3 for xbox {Survival co-op} if a player falls down he/she can press the (Y) button to call for the other co op buddy to assist...

Now indicators are cool an all but there has to be a better way of communication with no mic players on any zombies match... Especially potential players they focus on players signals or players jumping to let you know they are ready!!

Maybe if the character is facing another player they can call a name & prompts a command so that the co op friend know who they're being responded to

Or you press the back button (the same button the shows player stats/name/kills/headshots) And a list of commands and phrases appears at the top of the screen with a warning color, the color maybe pertaining to a certain players color or a general warning... the commands are specially made for the map so it knows various spots & commands to prompt players, like (fallback) (or take cover) or (GET JUG) (repair the windows) (stay close)

I'm just saying... These are suggestions

@Agame360 That's actually a pretty neat idea.

In Left 4 Dead 2 for instance, you can let your character say stuff like "Ammo / meds here, are you ready? Let's move, stick together, wait here, watch out ! I'm sorry ! Nice job !" all with the press of a button.

Would be super, super sweet if Zombies had such a feature. :3

I suppose the thing I want the most is a gritty feel. I don't play enough for me to really care about gameplay, but I do really dislike buildables so I'd like an option to buy them instead of make them. And of course a more historically-driven story. Always love that.

love those ideas..   mainly why im hoping for "World at War 2" or something of the like, is i'd like to see how awesome that era would look on next gen consoles.  I mean i could see getting legitimately creeped out like i did sometimes back on Verruckt or Der Reise

Sweeet thread :3

sorry for double post, but these are all great ideas as well.  i disagree with the perma perks being selectable from the start, because I just don't think they belong at all, but i see the merit in that idea (like being able to basically select a class)  I especially love the idea of the map dynamically changing after completing the EE

I have a few map concepts in the works and one thing I will be putting in is an expansion to the power up drops.

Won't say ht kind of drops I have a few already but yes. New power up drops like the blood money, zombie blood, Pan- oops almost said something from origins revisited

We always get the same ones and tbh it does need to be expanded. Death machine is fun as hell I still don't know why they removed it. Maybe have unique drops each map and then those drops get added to custom playlists

Edited by Black Hand Smith