Call of The Dead: "Not Ready To Die" Analysis

Hey guys, it's Marky and today I'll be doing a breakdown of the Call of The Dead Easter Egg song.

​This will be the font for repeated verses.

Gone, cast away in time

Evil yours, now evil mine

So I robbed you blind

The voices in my head suggest a less than peaceful side

The original four; Tank, Richtofen, Nikolai and Takeo have been 'cast away' in time due to the teleporter in Ascension malfunctioning, possibly by Richtofen's hand as he wanted to get the Golden Rod.

The evil that has plagued the O4 (zombies) is now a threat to the celebrities. 

Richtofen gave them the Wunderwaffe for the Golden Rod, an item that is more useful and meaningful than the Wunderwaffe since the celebrities will die anyway.

In-game audio quotes have revealed that Richtofen had developed schizophrenia at some point, gaining conflicting voices in his head.

---------

The endless possibilities

Controlling 9-3-5.

Achieving his goal will grant Richtofen endless possibilities in what he can do.

The aforementioned point can tie in again, he wants to control Group 935 with his power.

----------

You can't break me

Crush the fears of yesterday

You can't save me

Barriers of trust will fade.

This is the O4 saying the zombies won't make them give up. They need to forget about the previous horrors they've faced

even though they suspect no-one will be able to save them from the undead.

The last line in the verse refers to Tank, Nikolai and Takeo starting to remember Richtofen from when they fought the undead for the first time with him in Originsand remembering what he's done, leading to mistrust.

-----------

I've stood in the dark

Been waiting all this time

While we damn the dead I'm trying to survive

I'm not ready to die

The O4 excluding Richtofen (let's just call them the O3 for now) don't know about Richtofen's plan

and have been waiting for him to reveal it.

I assume 'damning the dead' refers to them destroying the zombies and feeding their souls to whoever's in control, which by now they've figured out.

They've figured out what killing the zombies means and see this as damning the tortured souls to hell but they must kill to survive.

The last line is pretty much self-explanatory and applies to all the characters in zombies. (Mobsters, O4, Celebrities and N4)

-----------

Damned, watch the masses fall

Burn it down, control 'em all

(Help me) Make me crawl

To daddy's little girl I'll read the writings on the wall

The O4 have been damned to kill zombies over and over until they complete their current objective and thus have seen 

massive hordes of zombies fall.

The second line I assume is spoken from Richtofen's view, he wants to burn down anything in his way and when it's

all over and done with, he wants to control everything.

The third line is spoken from the O3's point of view, they want someone to help them before the zombies

finally kill them and they fall for the last time.

The last line mentions writing on the wall, this may refer to when members of the O4 read inscriptions or comment on things they find, this is witnessed by Samantha Maxis who is in Agartha and the Aether for the most of the zombies saga.

-------

While cast into the nothingness

Their final curtain call

The C4 (celebrity four) are going to be cast into the icy nothingness of Siberia's sea when they finally die, 

their final curtain call indeed.

--------

You can't break me

You can't save me,

I've stood in the dark

While we damn the dead I'm trying to survive,

I'm not ready to die

----------------

[Guitar solo]

Through the madness we find

Loyalty is no match for power

Say goodbye to your life,

Left to rot in your darkest hour

Prayers won't help you now

As long as you're mine

Our heroes, new and old alike must find their way through the madness but in the end,

the person with the most powerful guns will most likely abandon the rest of his or her fellows to save their own skin. 

The characters should say goodbye to their life and accept that in the end, they will all end up as zombies.

Prayers to God won't stay Samantha/Richtofen/Maxis/Ancient Evil's hand as long as the characters have not completed their current objective.

[Guitar solo]

You can't break me

You can't save me

I've stood in the dark

While we damn the dead I'm trying to survive

I'll control the world

One person at a time

As I damn the dead I'm trying to survive

I'm not ready to die!

Oh!

I'm not ready to die!

I'm not ready to die!

I'm not ready to die!

I'm not ready to die!

Ready to die!

Ready to die!

Ready to die!

Not ready to die!

Repetition is an excellent thing :D

----------------

So, this was my first real try at a proper theory on this forum, expect me to be around a bit more!

Feel free to leave feedback below, everything's appreciated.

Edited by Marky
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest this was pretty good, I read it on my phone last night and I thought it was believable. Though, in my opinion, the song is from Richtofens perspective and the barriers thing is talking about the trust barrier with Maxis he mentions. But I think that last verse is from someone elses perspective, or maybe something elses perspective that we haven't seen yet and its talking to Richtofen.