Ranking System Solution Black Ops III

We all didn't fully understand what was happening in Black Ops II's Ranking system and we all would want a good system. So here's my solution. Personally I don't a level-up to 50 and prestige idea. Here's how I would do it.

I would want a continuous system where long term players are rewarded while new players aren't disadvantaged in comparison.

Here's an example of the lobby would be like:

-Map Name-
Player GT (12)

Player GT (11)
Player GT (20)
Player GT (5)

There isn't a prestige, the leveling system just keeps going! 

How to earn Experience Points:
Every Hitmarker on a Zombie: 1XP
Every Zombie Kill: 10 XP
Every Headshot Kill: 15XP
Knife kill: 15XP
Every Round complete without downs/deaths: 20XP
Reviving: 5xp
Opening doors: Cost-of-Door/25 (Example, 750door/25 = 30xp)
Every 5 Rounds: 100xp

Completely Achievements: 5G = 10XP
Buy Perks: Cost of perk/100 (2500/100=25xp)
Buying Mystery Box: 10xp

Things are low xp becaues the better players are rewarded. Good players get 3000 kills in a game fro example.

Reaching Round 10 in a game: 10xp
Reaching Round 20 in a game: extra 25xp
Reaching Round 30 in a game: extra 50xp
Reaching round 40 in a game: extra 100xp
Then extra 125 xp every 5 rounds from then

-Ash

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there has to be a cap on xp, plus a a sceond tier/prestige. heres why.

-anyone can do the thing on the first list, that means anyone can rank up even if they arent any good.

-the first to start playing would always be a higher rank than someone who started say a month after as they would have a huge lead

i say it should work like this-

-max rank100

the criteria from your first list will earn xp until 50, after that you will only earn xp from high rounds or earn a lump sum of xp for getting 3000 kills.

" There is a price to pay for accomplishment"

-anyone can do the thing on the first list, that means anyone can rank up even if they arent any good.

-the first to start playing would always be a higher rank than someone who started say a month after as they would have a huge lead

-max rank100

the criteria from your first list will earn xp until 50, after that you will only earn xp from high rounds or earn a lump sum of xp for getting 3000 kills.

The cap thing is true, but being against objective based ranking is not. It's entirely possible to have objectives that accumulate. Like say at one point in time you're given a list of achievements for a map, but you  need to complete all of them to get the next rank, and the next list of achievements. 

-It doesn't matter regardless when a player starts playing: People who get the game first have the longest time to rank up in any system 

-max rank100

The cap thing is true, but being against objective based ranking is not. It's entirely possible to have objectives that accumulate. Like say at one point in time you're given a list of achievements for a map, but you  need to complete all of them to get the next rank, and the next list of achievements. 

-It doesn't matter regardless when a player starts playing: People who get the game first have the longest time to rank up in any system 

good point, like titanfalls ranking system [wich i thought was great] it forced you to become proficient at every weapon and tactic in the game.

that being said i still believe there should be unique rewards for certain things.w

Just going to toss my "custom-box" idea in here again. Many people have read this over and over again, so I'll just put it under this spoiler tab. 

The custom box idea is that a player can change what is in one's box. 

Not entirely of course, if there are 20 weapons in the box 10 are map-specific, and the other 10 are controllable. 

Rules-

1: Every aspect of the box must be filled, you can't take out all the weapons to make it easier to get a ray-gun. 

2: Weapons are devided into types. You can't remove all your grenade launcher slots for more MG slots. 

3: Weapons have generally equal value. Their difference being tiny things which arn't game-changing like: An LSAT for an RPD. Or another gun (Gun A) which can be traded for a different gun (Gun A2). Gun A has a better rate of fire but Gun A2 has a slightly faster reload time. 

The different sections would be: 

Pistol

Shotgun

Sniper

Launcher

SMG

Rifle

LMG

Grenade

Tactical 

Raygun - (Used to swap the M1 to the M2, the mark 2 is more rare to get from the box) 

The ranking system could offer more guns to the mix as rewards, and prestiges get you new PAP colors. 

XP could kind of work, but there has to be negative xp too. Like a down gets you - xp, letting a teammate die gets you -xp.

The real problem with an xp system is that it isn't an indicator of skill, just how often you play.

If there was big xp boosts for things such as making it to round 30 without a down, nobody on your team going down before round 20, getting 1000 headshots in a game, etc, and less xp for general things like kill a zombies, buy a perk, than it might be more indicative of skill.

Edit: Maybe instead of xp for zombie kills, you earn xp for milestones of killing zombies a certain way.

It's easier to get 1000 headshots than it is to get 1000 knife kills for example. So 1000 headshots nets you 2000xp, 1000 knife kills gets you 4000xp.

There can be single game milestones, 500 kills, 1000 kills, 2000 kills, 3000 kills, etc, and career milestones like 10k kills, 25k kills, 50k, etc.

Hitting milestones in certain stats should also give you negative xp, such as 1000 career downs, and a certain amount of perks drank. Perks drank is actually a negative stat. The more you go down, the more perks you buy. Most people would likely average more than 2 perks per down. If you were a good player, you could afford the loss of xp in downs/deaths/perks, because your other stats would make up for that.

Edited by BestOfAllTime32

It's easier to get 1000 headshots than it is to get 1000 knife kills for example. So 1000 headshots nets you 2000xp, 1000 knife kills gets you 4000xp.

There can be single game milestones, 500 kills, 1000 kills, 2000 kills, 3000 kills, etc, and career milestones like 10k kills, 25k kills, 50k, etc.

Hitting milestones in certain stats should also give you negative xp, such as 1000 career downs, and a certain amount of perks drank. Perks drank is actually a negative stat. The more you go down, the more perks you buy. Most people would likely average more than 2 perks per down. If you were a good player, you could afford the loss of xp in downs/deaths/perks, because your other stats would make up for that.

That's just as flawed, once could easily just play the first 15 rounds over and over and make sure to get the bowie knife or galvaknuckles as fast as possible. 

With all the different ideas and controversy with the last one (to date Zombies has never had a good one), I almost think it would be better to not even have one. They might make one that is good, but if it is anything like the past ones, it'd be better to just not have one. All it serves as is is segregation.

That's just as flawed, once could easily just play the first 15 rounds over and over and make sure to get the bowie knife or galvaknuckles as fast as possible.

Sorry, you misunderstood what I meant Mocking. I meant in a single game hitting 1000 knife kills, and then a separate milestone for career stats. Same for grenade kills, headshots, and then regular kills. Just certain ways of killing zombies are harder than straight using a gun, and as such should be weighted.

Still, ranking using xp will always be in favour of people who play more than others.

NO ONE is going to get 1000 knife kills in ANY zombie game. Even with OP punches like the golden spork and elemental fist, you're lucky to acquire 1000 HEADSHOTS by round 40. (That's playing on die-rise with the SVU getting at least 10 headshots a round) 

And yes. People who play more would always approve of XP. Which is why it's not a good idea to use with XP. A game should allow one to improve at the rate they need to.