Rank Reflections

its pretty certain that the next iteration of zombies will have a ranking system of some kind, but shouldnt our ranks reflect what type of player we are? maybe through emblems? heres my general idea.

- a medic emblem for players that revive often or even buy quick revive in mp consistently. syringe maybe?

- a general team player emblem, this would be for players who buy tons of doors, build things or complete EEs.

-high rounder emblems 40+=shotguns, 50+= dual rayguns, 60+=theb wonder weapon from that specific map.

-emblems for headshots/accuracy. crosshairs or what not.

-strategist embems, there would be 2 types, camper or runner

- emblem for players that stay in game for long periods, [like blue eyes but game to game based]

- a high kd emblem, i guess this would couple with the high rounder example somehow?

just for fun lets add some "shame emblems"

- my favorite THE QUITTER, not sure what the emblem would be but it would be funny

-the cheater. not sure how this would work but i guess it could be similar to the "dunce cap" from gta online.

the reason i propose this is because a system like this would add to the game giving us somthing to work for without comprimising gameplay, furthermore we would also be able to find reliable players alot easier, if you see a quitter, or an emblem that tells yout that the player is not coop freindly find a new game.

sure there would be screw ups, [like having so many downs/whatever that you cant rank up] maybe a reset stats feature? this would be allowed every month or so.

anyway thanks for reading this shamelessly long first post of mine, and feel free to add to/criticize/flame me

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, you have NO idea what a long post can really be, do not worry, this is a great first post! 

The idea of a ranking system needs to be improved in 3 ways: 

-It needs another purpose: Many people used the ranking system as a way to tell what kind of player you were. But truth be told, I'd played plenty of great maps as a single skull and never moved past that, it wasn't because I was bad, it was because I was constantly lagged out, quit on, and I played turned every so often. The ranking system's only point was so some douche In a lobby could sit there and be like "Uh... I only play with legit knives and up, soooo.... yeah. sorry kid (Leaves)". They need to incorporate another reason for ranks. Unlocked weapons, or clothes for custom characters... Something like that. 

-It needs to be map-specific: Just because a player is great at buried, does not show their skill in Origins. This wasn't an issue before because lobby leader-boards were map-specific. I can get to round 50 in buried easy, but in tranzit, nuke town, or Origins it's a different, much more interesting, story. 

-It needs to work different. I propose a split way system of ranking up, it starts off with specific objectives for a map that progressively get harder. For example, Die rise: In die rise, fall to your death. ---> In die rise, acquire 10 kills using the selquifier, ---> Finally ending with: In die rise: Complete the achievement: High maintenance: Be the architect of their design. Once this objective is complete the player gains the rank of a skull. The skull is personallized: If they play the map often it gains a zombified glow, if they get to a higher round often, It gets a massive bullet hole in it's head. If they revive players enough they get a syringe background, ect. ect. This way ranking up can be done by anyone with enough skill to get a desirable rank, but likewise they are also given the  option to continue to be a better player to constantly give them an even better rank for the map. 

o address additional comments: I absolutely love the BO2 ranking system... Similar to the rounds leaderboard, it shows whether or not you can handle a 20+ game... BO1 would give you a lobby leaderboard that states the one single highest round, this shows your average game, in my opinion its much more efficient... You still have your leaderboards with a breakdown of many useless ratings, such as gibs and headshots, single highest round, etc... I think the lobby leaderboard has been made obsolete...

To the OP: I think furthering the current ranking system would be awesome... Secondary emblems to accompany the current emblems, such as maintaining a certain revive to down ratio, melee to kill ratio, etc., would be cool... I'd love to see these implemented into later games...

Great topic by the way...

In all honesty I think if there's going to be a ranking system it should be kind of how it is in mp. Then they could add in challenges/barracks (whatever there called now) for diffent types of unlocks. As well as bringing back the lobby leaderboard.

I've stated this before, but i think this is the most logical way of implementing it.  Although it wasn't necessarily super popular here, Extinction seemed to be relatively popular in ghosts, and the ranking/prestige system with the teeth or whatever seemed to work really well in it.  I think we could have a similar thing in zombies and have it really be successful

Dude, you have NO idea what a long post can really be, do not worry, this is a great first post! 

The idea of a ranking system needs to be improved in 3 ways: 

-It needs another purpose: Many people used the ranking system as a way to tell what kind of player you were. But truth be told, I'd played plenty of great maps as a single skull and never moved past that, it wasn't because I was bad, it was because I was constantly lagged out, quit on, and I played turned every so often. The ranking system's only point was so some douche In a lobby could sit there and be like "Uh... I only play with legit knives and up, soooo.... yeah. sorry kid (Leaves)". They need to incorporate another reason for ranks. Unlocked weapons, or clothes for custom characters... Something like that. 

-It needs to be map-specific: Just because a player is great at buried, does not show their skill in Origins. This wasn't an issue before because lobby leader-boards were map-specific. I can get to round 50 in buried easy, but in tranzit, nuke town, or Origins it's a different, much more interesting, story. 

-It needs to work different. I propose a split way system of ranking up, it starts off with specific objectives for a map that progressively get harder. For example, Die rise: In die rise, fall to your death. ---> In die rise, acquire 10 kills using the selquifier, ---> Finally ending with: In die rise: Complete the achievement: High maintenance: Be the architect of their design. Once this objective is complete the player gains the rank of a skull. The skull is personallized: If they play the map often it gains a zombified glow, if they get to a higher round often, It gets a massive bullet hole in it's head. If they revive players enough they get a syringe background, ect. ect. This way ranking up can be done by anyone with enough skill to get a desirable rank, but likewise they are also given the  option to continue to be a better player to constantly give them an even better rank for the map. 

this is almost exactly what i was thinking, you explained it much better though.

In all honesty I think if there's going to be a ranking system it should be kind of how it is in mp. Then they could add in challenges/barracks (whatever there called now) for diffent types of unlocks. As well as bringing back the lobby leaderboard.

I've stated this before, but i think this is the most logical way of implementing it.  Although it wasn't necessarily super popular here, Extinction seemed to be relatively popular in ghosts, and the ranking/prestige system with the teeth or whatever seemed to work really well in it.  I think we could have a similar thing in zombies and have it really be successful

honestly, i dont want your rank/challenges to give you any gameplay benefits. maybe just customization objects or bragging rights? i dont know but i feel like a ghosts ranking system would attract alot of little kids just as it did in extinction.