Top five and bottom five wonder weapons

Like the title says, I am naming the top five and bottom five wonder weapons. NOTE: Does not include PAP, upgraded, or pre patch weapons.

Top five:

5. Scavenger

4. Sliquifier

3. 31-79 JGb215

2.Thundergun

1. Wave gun

Bottom five

5. Ray gun

4. Lightning Staff

3. Winters Howl

2. Jet Gun

1. VR11

Thoughts? 

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know what your thinking. i put the lightning staff as it really doesn't seem to do that well at later rounds. Ill give reasons now. BTW I know the Jet gun doesn't run on 115 but it is classified by a lot of the community as a WW so if you don't think it is, sorry!

5. Scavenger for amazing damage, best weapon to kill George with, but didn't get higher because of the ability to down yourself

4. Sliquifier for great horde killing ability, but it got nerved and it takes a while to kill all the zombies

3. 31-79 JGb215 because it can kill a train effectively, but can kill yourself with it if your not careful.

2.Thundergun because, the ability to get out of any sticky situation, but doesn't have the much reserve ammo.

1. Wave gun for the ability to kill easily like the Thundergun, can split into the Zap guns which a quite good for lone straggler zombies, and overall being a badass weapon.

5. Ray gun for being not so good on later rounds.

4. Lightning staff for, like above, not very useful on later rounds, and unlike the ray gun if you have PHD you can blast yourself out of a corner.

3. Winters Howl for being absolutely useless if you are playing solo past round 20, doesn't have enough ammo and BONUS it appears on some of the hardest maps.

2. Jet gun for being on tranzit. ACTUAL REASON: The cooldown time is ridiculous, its very heavy, and to get the parts is really tedious.

1. VR11. If you PAP it it turns good for the team but other than that its useless. Give me monkeys any time.

No pap

1 thundergun- saves you

2 sliquifier-infinite power till 100

3 jgb-whatever-lots of ammo

4 wave gun- instant kill/ saves you

5 paralyzer-infinite ammo/ slows zombies

6 wunderwaffe dg2-only 10 zombies per shot

7 scavenger-losses effectivness in mid 50s

8 winters howl- useless

9 blundergat- ist just a shotgun withot upgrades

10 jetgun- slow reload/feels like a chore and not fun.

with pap my list would be almost the same but the blundergat would be #1

It's an interesting topic of discussion, but a lot more than the power of a wonder weapon should be assessed when discussing which is best or worst. For me, I would rate the sliquifier, paralyzer and the staffs as some of the worst wonder weapons designed by treyarch.

The sliquifier will kill without making crawlers until round 100 which would be fine without the chain reaction. Die rise was one of my favourite maps on black ops 2 until I discovered the camping strategies used to obtain high rounds. Negative, anti-gaming, sit in a corner tactics that make size, features and challenges implemented in the design of the map almost pointless. Same goes for Origins and the ice staff. If treyarch take one lesson from bo2 it should be any WW with a delayed effect, chain reaction or that slows the zombies down is a massive negative for the gameplay and strategies of those maps.

The thundergun was one hit kill and could clear a hoard, but because the weapon was one shot, at least it couldn't be used to pass through rounds past 60 in a couple of minutes. An infinite kill weapon should have no delayed effects and very limited ammo to balance it and stop it being OP.

A WW should be fun to use, and/or should have some sort of team benefit when playing co-op therefore my top 5 would be:

Wave/zap guns

Scavenger

31-79 JGb215

Blundergat ( temporary distraction whilst reviving on map with no quick revive)

VR-11 (requires teamwork to be effective co-op)

Dave your right in a way. Yes there are just some ridiculously overpowered WWs but in my opinion, the good WWs should be in the hardest maps. Kino was a easy map, and it got an amazing wonder weapon for it. Verukkt was a ridiculously hard map, and it got nothing. (unless you were playing the black ops version but you got the winters howl. Hard maps thunder gun, easy maps howl. 

It's an interesting topic of discussion, but a lot more than the power of a wonder weapon should be assessed when discussing which is best or worst. For me, I would rate the sliquifier, paralyzer and the staffs as some of the worst wonder weapons designed by treyarch.

The sliquifier will kill without making crawlers until round 100 which would be fine without the chain reaction. Die rise was one of my favourite maps on black ops 2 until I discovered the camping strategies used to obtain high rounds. Negative, anti-gaming, sit in a corner tactics that make size, features and challenges implemented in the design of the map almost pointless. Same goes for Origins and the ice staff. If treyarch take one lesson from bo2 it should be any WW with a delayed effect, chain reaction or that slows the zombies down is a massive negative for the gameplay and strategies of those maps.

The thundergun was one hit kill and could clear a hoard, but because the weapon was one shot, at least it couldn't be used to pass through rounds past 60 in a couple of minutes. An infinite kill weapon should have no delayed effects and very limited ammo to balance it and stop it being OP.

A WW should be fun to use, and/or should have some sort of team benefit when playing co-op therefore my top 5 would be:

Wave/zap guns

Scavenger

31-79 JGb215

Some interesting thoughts here.

To begin with, the definition of wonder is that it causes amazement, or awe, or leads you astonished.

By that definition, all of the WWs listed apart from the scavenger and blunder (unpapped) cause wonder.  A gun that freezes, blows them away, shrinks them, makes them explode, disintegrates them, makes them run into the water.....they all fit into causing wonder.

The scav is basically a very powerful explosive, not too exciting and the blunder is just a shotgun unpapped.

However, I agree about them being fun to use and all the wonder weapons are fun to use except the Howl in my opinion.

But I have to disagree with what you say about the Ice Staff and the Sliquid.  They can be used as you say, but it's only newbs, glitchers and twats who use them as you describe.

For a start, if you try and camp in one spot with the ice staff, you won't beat round 50 I reckon.

I'm going to post some videos here showing how much fun these weapons are, and why they aren't just about camping.

Origins ice staff - there are so many ways to die doing this, not leaving camping early enough, or getting trapped on the instant spawners.

Sliquifier - this isn't really sitting in a corner just shooting away.

Those 2 videos show the only things I liked about Black Ops 2.  The weapons could be abused in certain situations, but they were also the most fun things I found in BO2.

Wave/zap guns

Scavenger

31-79 JGb215

Some interesting thoughts here.

To begin with, the definition of wonder is that it causes amazement, or awe, or leads you astonished.

By that definition, all of the WWs listed apart from the scavenger and blunder (unpapped) cause wonder.  A gun that freezes, blows them away, shrinks them, makes them explode, disintegrates them, makes them run into the water.....they all fit into causing wonder.

The scav is basically a very powerful explosive, not too exciting and the blunder is just a shotgun unpapped.

However, I agree about them being fun to use and all the wonder weapons are fun to use except the Howl in my opinion.

But I have to disagree with what you say about the Ice Staff and the Sliquid.  They can be used as you say, but it's only newbs, glitchers and twats who use them as you describe.

For a start, if you try and camp in one spot with the ice staff, you won't beat round 50 I reckon.

I'm going to post some videos here showing how much fun these weapons are, and why they aren't just about camping.

Origins ice staff - there are so many ways to die doing this, not leaving camping early enough, or getting trapped on the instant spawners.

Sliquifier - this isn't really sitting in a corner just shooting away.

Those 2 videos show the only things I liked about Black Ops 2.  The weapons could be abused in certain situations, but they were also the most fun things I found in BO2.

i agree, the sliquifier can be abused, but only if you choose to do so.

the acid gat makes you invincible aslong as you got everthing rxcept deadshot haha. but i guess potential for abuse is somthing that comes with wws, otherwise we would end up with regular guns that do infinite damage

as for the ice staff, im not sure how long a storm will kill in 1 hit {only been to 67} but theres a circle you can run literally right in front of the mp40 near jug

its perfect for rushing through early rounds, but the zombies spawn all around you so you might want to bring the lightning/fire staff

@Chopper I agree that there are fun aspects of those weapons and of course the game can be played a number of different ways and you can choose not to use those strategies. However, I wouldn't go as far as to say that only noobs, glitchers or twats use those strategies. The camping strats on Die Rise and Origins are used by high round players who sit in the top positions on zombierecords and are considered legit strats. For high rounds most players are always going to use the quickest legit strategy.

I am having problems uploading any videos but I am sure you have seen most of these strategies anyway. TheSpaceMarine360 is in top position for Die Rise with round 117 and for the most part uses the 2 spawn camping strat in the elevator shaft (after patch). I have also used this strategy to reach round 100 on this map and can honestly say I felt no sense of achievement in doing so and consider much lower solo rounds on Nuketown and Bus Depot as bigger accomplishments as I had to 'work' a bit more for my kills in these games with  the lack of an overpowered wonder weapon.

To be fair Origins can't be camped as easily as Die Rise. But the ice staff can still be used to camp into the 70's with rounds taking 2.5-3.5 minutes and essentially you are just shooting one spot on the floor. Using it as shown in your video, I appreciate shows it in a much better light. In that instance it is no more OP than the thundergun.

IMO, the leaderboards are much more competitive on maps where the WW doesn't allow for such easy gameplay. So from that perspective, those weapons have spoiled those maps slightly for me and I hope that when they are designing WW's for the next game it is something they take into consideration. If a WW has the ability to take out a full hoard on any round, then make it single shot. If it can chain react/ have an effect that lasts for a considerable amount of time then the damage should start to fall to compensate.

I think I'm digressing slightly from the OP anyway, but my point is that for the progression of this game in terms of gameplay, I don't think these weapons were very well designed.

i also think that you have to work to get a decent wonder weapon. Origins did it right because you had to solve the puzzles and kill the zombies to get the ultimate staffs. Its all very well to get the ray gun out of the box, but it started getting ridiculously easy to get WWs. I mean come on, you could get a ray gun at round 1! 

@Chopper I agree that there are fun aspects of those weapons and of course the game can be played a number of different ways and you can choose not to use those strategies. However, I wouldn't go as far as to say that only noobs, glitchers or twats use those strategies. The camping strats on Die Rise and Origins are used by high round players who sit in the top positions on zombierecords and are considered legit strats. For high rounds most players are always going to use the quickest legit strategy.

I am having problems uploading any videos but I am sure you have seen most of these strategies anyway. TheSpaceMarine360 is in top position for Die Rise with round 117 and for the most part uses the 2 spawn camping strat in the elevator shaft (after patch). I have also used this strategy to reach round 100 on this map and can honestly say I felt no sense of achievement in doing so and consider much lower solo rounds on Nuketown and Bus Depot as bigger accomplishments as I had to 'work' a bit more for my kills in these games with  the lack of an overpowered wonder weapon.

To be fair Origins can't be camped as easily as Die Rise. But the ice staff can still be used to camp into the 70's with rounds taking 2.5-3.5 minutes and essentially you are just shooting one spot on the floor. Using it as shown in your video, I appreciate shows it in a much better light. In that instance it is no more OP than the thundergun.

IMO, the leaderboards are much more competitive on maps where the WW doesn't allow for such easy gameplay. So from that perspective, those weapons have spoiled those maps slightly for me and I hope that when they are designing WW's for the next game it is something they take into consideration. If a WW has the ability to take out a full hoard on any round, then make it single shot. If it can chain react/ have an effect that lasts for a considerable amount of time then the damage should start to fall to compensate.

I think I'm digressing slightly from the OP anyway, but my point is that for the progression of this game in terms of gameplay, I don't think these weapons were very well designed.

The high round community is a funny bunch.

Certain rules contradict others, and they seem to be made based to suit situations rather than being consistent throughout.

There are an awful lot of players who don't believe BO2 should have leaderboards for some of the reasons you state.

Most of these players hate the Buried strategy of playing infront of Jugg as they say it's not proper zombies.  They say that you need to run to play zombies properly.

I kinda agree with that, however for Buried I've done coop games to round 80 3 times camping that spot, and camping 2p is very different to 3 player.

Me and Boysta coined a phrase, 'running like a man' when Die Rise came out, and it was a little ironic piss take at how some people think, and their ludicrous contradictory arguments.

It's amazing how often I hear players use that now in videos.

The funniest one was someone who decided that the only way to run Die Rise like a man was to only shoot in the middle of the restaurant, not in the corner.

I really dislike most of the high round community for some of the reasons I've mentioned.

Others include the arguments on Moon about which way is legit to trap the astronaut, which is a joke tbh.

If any way to trap him is legit, it doesn't matter how you do it.  Be that (the legit way imo) trapping him behind an excavator, or the glitch to trap him it's just splitting hairs arguing over which way you do it.

I say play zombies how you want to, it's not as if playing Die Rise or Origins my way is much slower than the other ways.  I think Die Rise took me like 7 hours and 20 minutes, and I actually enjoyed it all.

Same with Origins, although Origins playing the other way could be considerably faster.  Maybe Die Rise is too.

You mention you got bored sitting in the elevator in Die Rise, will that's easy to fix, go and do it in the restaurant.

As you aren't playing for top of the boards, play it a challenging and fun way.

I'm sorry but for personal enjoyment you can't say will that's the legit way of doing it so that's the way I will play it.

The main difference between BO1 and BO2 was the lack of strategy making in BO2 due to some of the things we are discussing.

The lack of traps makes a big difference, as does the way the wonder weapons work.

Treyarch really dropped the ball in that regard, in my opinion.  It's not the weapons, it's as much their map designs.

Five strategies were being developed after BO2 was dropped, which says a lot about how good that game was.

No-one really cares about BO2, for good reasons.

I am essentially a casual player and most of my games I play are co-op and for fun and these strategies never come into play. And I'm not someone who thinks you have to run to be a man, I love a good camping strategy but the key word is strategy. I see very little of it when using these camping spots (although not saying it's completely unskilled, there are fail points). And I did make a decision after using the Die Rise strategy that I would not try and improve my rounds on Buried or Origins as I don't care for the strategies.

Although I mainly play co-op, high rounds is something I would like to get more involved in. Whether that means investing in some recording equipment or just doing it for the in game leaderboards. No you do not have to use these strategies but you have to compete against them. If you are trying to compete for rounds it is counter productive to use a strategy that takes twice as long. But again, I agree and would choose not to compete for leaderboards on those maps. 

In terms of time, I'm not too sure on Origins but round 100 on Die Rise took me 5 hours. I have since seen it done in 3 hours 20 minutes (MrLatios721) so if you're saying round 100 took 7 hours 20 minutes then the difference is 4 hours which is pretty substantial.

Wow 3 1/2 hours to 100?

How that's acceptable is beyond me, when I think the quickest BO map is around 10 hours.

I love some camping myself, when DT and speed cola are worth more than jugg. When as a team you have to alternate shooting to ensure that reloading doesn't kill you.

I totally agree about having to use the fastest accepted to compete. It makes me happy thought that I don't compete as sitting in that shaft on Die Rise even for 90 minutes would make me crazy I think.

this topic has gone way off wonder weapons.  :lol:

Look, some people camp, glitch, or do stuff like that simply to get to high rounds. They're the people you yell at you for messing up their K/D in multiplayer, or constantly try to get the highest score in Jelly Jump. They're the people who want to be the best. Then theres this community, who just want to have fun, and get to high rounds in a fun way.