Ray Gun Mark 2 not just for Season Pass holders?

Xhemi456

Hey guys, I'm german so don't mind my grammar. So I wanted to buy Vengeance because of the Ray Gun Mark 2, I mean it's just awesome and Buried is also a good map. But when I read the description of Vengeance I read that only Season Pass holders get the Ray Gun Mark 2. Is that true? Because I really want that thing but I haven't got a Season Pass. Can you guys help me out?

Edited by Xhemi456
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may have to re-affirm my statement on this, as after playing 31 rounds of Die Rise last night with two other guys, and we all had buried - none of us got the Mark 2, and my bank was maxed out so i put well over 50k in the box trying to get the damn thing and it never showed up, I saw it in rotation and i was offered every gun in the box at least 5-10 times, but never once the Mark 2, so dont think buying the DLC, means you or someone will get it every game - as that won't happen, the only map your guaranteed to get it on is Buried/Borough because it seems to have a good chance of being received and everyone can get it

It's actually considerably easy to pull the Mark II on Nuketown, Town, Farm and Bus Depot, where as it is near impossibly to get it on Tranzit, Die Rise, MotD and Origins.

Not sure if it is down to the map sizes so you can hit the box a lot more frequently on smaller maps so it just seems easier to obtain it or whether they actually make it that way intentionally to try and make these poorer maps seem more appealing.

As for the early access to the Mark II, timelordalex is correct. It was initially given out over the weekend before Buried dropped as an early access gift to season pass holders but a glitch (supposedly) meant it became available to everyone. It was patched on the Tuesday so that only those with the Buried DLC could access it.

i dont play any of green run, so dont know about its appearence on there, i have had it multiple times on nuketown fairly early on. MOTD i get it all the time presumably cause there are less box weapons, but most games i dont have trouble getting it, or at least will end up with it at somepoint. But Die Rise and Origins, practically non-existant. I hope if it returns in BO3, its more common.

Buried has a remarkably good box for me at least, I can usually get the MK2 and the Paralyzer in the first two or three hits. I've claimed the MK2 exactly once from the box on Tranzit, died two minutes later thanks to the Avocado and a couple of times on NukeTown. i haven't got the Origins DLC myself but I was playing with a friend and he got the MK2 from the box on it so it's probably just outnumbered by everything else in the box.

Edited by Marky

Buried has a remarkably good box for me at least, I can usually get the MK2 and the Paralyzer in the first two or three hits. I've claimed the MK2 exactly once from the box on Tranzit, died two minutes later thanks to the Avocado and a couple of times on NukeTown. i haven't got the Origins DLC myself but I was playing with a friend and he got the MK2 from the box on it so it's probably just outnumbered by everything else in the box.

That's due to the fact that there is actually 2 RGM2s in that box: 1 normal one which can only be gotten by one player, and 1 special one which can be obtained by anyone.

That's due to the fact that there is actually 2 RGM2s in that box: 1 normal one which can only be gotten by one player, and 1 special one which can be obtained by anyone.

Interesting.. .Do you think the one that can only be obtained once have any different stats or was it just to increase to increase the chance of newbies getting it?