Vonderhaar tweet - Muse?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen them in Australia and in the UK, and for a 3 artist band the noise and sounds they produce is just insane!

most of the sounds produced by muse come from a synth, in no way are they are 3 piece band anymore, whenever i have seen them live there has been at least 5 or 6 people on stage playing instruments (even some of them hiding behind the stage)... a lot of the sound comes from the synths, effects and recorded sounds.. its sad because their earlier albums were pure talent!.. no way am i talking the band down, i have studied these guys a lot , its not muse that make most of the music, its computers and microchips

@Chopper yeah its a shame, it was still fun as hell whenever i have seen them tho! but I'm a man of simplicity and no bullshit, when a band claims to be a 3 piece, they better only be 3 people playing the music, i just see it as kind of a cop-out. But saying that, the bass lines are some of the best i have learned from a modern band! there is a lot of talent in there, its just when bands become successful they have people to fill in the gaps for them instead of having to do it themselves. overall the songs by muse if chosen, i would like to see "stockholm syndrome", "Hysteria" and "Uprising"

They will not force us

They will stop degrading us

They will not control us

We will be victorious

Epic stuff. I like some of their more chilled stuff an awful lot, Butterflies and Hurricanes, Soldiers poem and especially Exogenesis. New Born is my favourite older one.

Uprising and New Born for the game for me.

Muse hasn't had more than a handful of good tracks since BHAR. New single is cringeworthy, too.

I think I'd rather they keep their distance.

I kinda agree with this.  Most of Resistance is good, in fact it's probably my favorite overall album.

Opening with Uprising and closing with Exogenesis, my two favorite songs certainly help with this.

There stuff more recent is definitely an acquired taste almost, and I can see why die hard older Muse fans don't like it.

In relation to zombies though, they would be directed in what they make.  I sense all Muse albums are about Matt's last few years, and the mood comes through in them.

Go back to his darker stuff, which Treyarch would require and they would smash it out of the park.

Oh wow I just seen this. So Muse is literally my favourite band tied with System of a Down. Maybe even more than them since I'm more hype about them right now.

It's entirely possible that their just getting one of their new songs from Drones for the trailer. Still have no idea what the campaign will be, but looking at the names of the Drones playlist, they could all easily fit any CoD story. But it's possible could appear in Zombies.

I actually think their newer stuff or some of their B-Sides would fit Zombies more than their older stuff. I'm a fan of all their albums (Showbiz is 1, The 2nd Law is 2), and I eagerly await Drones. But yeah, their first three albums + maybe BHAR were very rock. Powerful but simple and elegant. But I just don't think that would really suit Zombies. I think songs from TR and T2L are suited because of how their music has changed. I won't say much about their lyrics as a whole because they're nice but they can be abit straight forward and "edgy 15yo against authority" (not a slam against them) but just the music suits it.
Animals, Super Massive Blackhole (the guitar reminds me of Carrion), T2L: Isolated System (which featured in World War Z), The Gallery, and Ashamed would be my choices.

I don't know how likely it will be them getting in, but I'll try and look to the past for answers. We got Eminem in "Five", non-original song that they had for the trailers they just stuck into the bonus map. We than got Samantha's Lullaby in Nuketown, original music, but it was made for Moon already, so they just stuck in there to further tie in Moon (should've just put Carry On in there).
Not really a pattern there. I can see an original song there, but I think it's a higher chance of a song from Drones in there, especially if they've got a song to use for a trailer.

There's also Avenged Sevenfold, which I think I would prefer for Zombies, but it's an interesting situation. They've written two original songs for Treyarch, and two songs appeared from their latest albums. Will A7X put out another album in 2016 for the last map? Possibly, HttK released 2013, most bands tend to do a 3 year break between albums. But I'm getting the feeling they won't. That leaves us with them either doing two original songs, one original song and someone else doing the other (which could be Muse/Drones), or they're not doing songs for Treyarch anymore. I suppose we will have to wait and see.
In regards to Zombies music I'm honestly more excited to hear more from Elena, Clark and Malukah though.

Wow, that was a story and a half. Honestly don't think I've written a post that long in over a year or so. But I get really passionate about music I like, especially Muse. :)
But yeah TL;DR If they're in, I think it's only just for a trailer. But that could lead to that song appearing in the bonus map so you never know.