logo-formula-1.jpg

So I already know @Matuzz , @Chopper and @PINNAZ follow this sport and since that basically are two legends and a killstreak I think I am allowed to make a thread about it. (You know without getting rocks thrown at me. :P)

I personally have been watching F1 forever because my whole family watches it as well. The earliest memory I have from it was the 1999 european GP which Johnny Herbert, who was my favourie driver at the time, won. ^.^

I would like to post info about the GPs and of course the results etc
Most importanly I want to have a good chat with some people about the races.
So don't be afraid to check in. :3

So let's kick things off:

Edited by Lenne

Great thread. Bottas hurt his back in the qualification and the team is still unsure if he can race tomorrow. There was problems with his seat. :(

Very close between the Williams and Ferrari but the Mercedes speed is yet again crushing. I was a bit suprised that Red Bull was that slow. Toro Rosso is matching their pace with two rookie drivers.

D: First RAI with backpain (back in 2013) and now Bottas?! 

That would suck. He is a very good driver and him missing out on some good points would be a shame.

If he actually couldn't race would that mean Susie Wolff would get the seat for tomorrow?

Mercedes is yet again unbelievable.

Ferrari seems to be head to head with Williams.

Red Bull very dissapointing but at least Ricciardo managed to get 7th.

Toro Rosso seems to be on par with Red Bull which is surprising.

Force India is dissapointing as well considering what they did last year.

Lotus seems to be back on track which is good as well. Romain deserves a good car.

I am just going to ignore Sauber.

McLaren Honda has a lot of work to do. 

Can't wait for tomorrow.

I work at a Mercedes Dealership so I'm a little biased towards them. Hamilton was almost 3 seconds faster than the bottom half in qualifying which is just amazing.

Having Vettle at Ferrari this year is huge & I think Ferrari will be a major team again for the championship.

But here in Australia, every person is behind Ricciardo & hoping RBR can somehow get his car back to where it should be. He was so close last year only to be disqualified after the race for some technical infringement which he had no control over. Just like Mark Webber, everybody is waiting for an Australian to win the Aussie GP.

And the other big story is that a team had 3 drivers under contract & only 2 cars to race. That was funny to watch this morning, having the Australian supreme court make a ruling on something like that. Though someone behind the scenes at the FAI must have made him give up his seat, just it was quite a joke to go on all this time & have the decision made just before qualifying started.

Great topic @Lenne I know how much you like "Kimmi"

PS - if they televise any of the "V8 Supercars" in your countries, WATCH IT! (2nd best Motorsport in the world (behind the WRC))

Not to hijack the thread

header-logo.jpg

http://www.v8supercars.com.au

Yeah the court said Van de Garde deserves the seat but he has no super license so he can't drive the car. Pretty messy situation. Also Manor (Marussia) showed up but they didn't drive at all.

@Lenne

Look here Lenne

Vettel does not care for Kimi

Well they made it to the first corner before the first safety car of the season.

@Lenne

Look here Lenne

Vettel does not care for Kimi

Well they made it to the first corner before the first safety car of the season.

Vettel is such a prick.

A 4 time world champion not giving enough space. 

The more important question though: How can you mess up TWO pit stopps?

Poor Kimi. A very frustrating race. His pace looked good though. P4 definitely was a possibility. Maybe even P3 if Vettel gave him enough space at the start. : (

Other than that: 

• Mercedes did a great job and I think if Nico doesn't punch back next time he will be the new Barichello/Massa.
  • Vettel did a good job beating Massa but like I said if he gave Kimi enough space P3 and 4 would have been the goal from the get go.
  • Ferrari's race pace looks better than Williams' pace.
  • Good job from Sauber despite the trouble they went through they managed to do what they couldn't do last year
  • Lotus had very bad luck. I think a Sauber hit Maldonado.
  • Good job from Button finishing the race. (As sad as that sounds.)
  • Torro Rosso a bit disappointing, but wasn't their fault.
  • Force India seems to be way too slow.

Let's hope the next race will be better for the Kimster and Ricciardo as well.

I'm concerned after that race.  Last year I believe Nico rode his luck to stay so close to Hamilton.

A few unfortunate early breakdowns for Hamilton, plus the infamous coming together between them was what kept him in it.

The end of last season and the start of this season however makes me think that there is now a mental thing between them, and I hope it isn't a runaway, even with my being a Hamilton fan.

Even more so as it's a two horse race for 1 and 2 anyway.  It's amazing just how much additional pace Mercedes have against the field.

That was pretty boring race 80% of the time they just showed Kimi and after his race ended nothing happened in the track. :/

That was pretty boring race 80% of the time they just showed Kimi and after his race ended nothing happened in the track. :/

Kimi causing the most action.  B)

Just kidding. You are right, it was pretty boring, but the excitement of it being the first race pulled me through it.

The next one will be better.

Oh and Sauber also had the best result ever apperantly. The Ferrari engine seems to be a lot better.

But like Chopper said: Mercedes is still unreachable.

On another note: I despise the cuurent tyres. A 1 stop race doesn't exactly add any excitement. In my opinion.

@Matuzz , @Chopper , @PINNAZ , it is time.  B)

Alonso returns, Kimi splitting the Mercedes in FP3, Vettel goes for a spin and Mclaren without any engine failures so far. :3

I also updated the op and added the driver's press conference. :)

I'm predicting that Finns will have better race than in Austrailia. :D

If it rains tomorrow we will have exciting quali on our hands. 

I'm predicting that Finns will have better race than in Austrailia. :D

If it rains tomorrow we will have exciting quali on our hands. 

Now that isn't a hard mission considering one didn't start and the other one didn't finish the race. :P

Oh and also this:

11071407_876347452410861_470596876155796

I know it is only FP, but still it makes me hopefull. :3

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/11475233/Red-Bull-right-to-be-upset-by-Mercedes-dominance-and-something-should-be-done-says-F1-chief-Bernie-Ecclestone.html

I'd like to see your opinions on this guys.

Mine is basically that there has always been a dominant team in f1, be that Williams, then Ferrari and then Red Bull. After Red Bull swept for 4 years in a row I think it's a bit rich them saying this. They certainly weren't saying it when they were uncatchable.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/11475233/Red-Bull-right-to-be-upset-by-Mercedes-dominance-and-something-should-be-done-says-F1-chief-Bernie-Ecclestone.html

I'd like to see your opinions on this guys.

Mine is basically that there has always been a dominant team in f1, be that Williams, then Ferrari and then Red Bull. After Red Bull swept for 4 years in a row I think it's a bit rich them saying this. They certainly weren't saying it when they were uncatchable.

@Chopper

Red Bull are very bad losers and if they or Renault really quit F1 they will be even more laughable than Toto Wolff and Lauda.

Like you said there has always been dominance in F1 and most of the time the team fight was non existent and I am very concerned about Rosberg becoming the new Barichello, since I can not stand seeing the same driver win 19/19 times. I mean back in the Ferrari/MSC/Brawn/Todd dominance there were times where I didn't even watch every race. 

RB should wait and see how it goes. Australia never was representative in terms of how the season goes.

Updated the op with the starting grid. :-)

Ugh... I hate rain and Vettel.

I mean props to him for getting 2nd place even though Lewis was in Nico's way, but come on: Kimi did the work last year and now Vettel gets to be the "glorious savior" of Ferrari? That is seriously how he is being portrayed in the german media. D:

Kimi had very bad luck, but at least we should be able to see some good racing from him tomorrow unless someone ruins his race again or the crew is still in winter mode.

Other than that props to Ricciardo and Kviiat.
Looks like Renault isn't as terrible as they claim then again it was a rain quali.

Who knows what will happen tomorrow. 

And I am so sad to see Alonso and Button on 17 and 18. ;_;

http://indavideo.hu/video/Kimi_beragadt

Nice video showing how Kimi couldn't pass Sauber but also wasn't able to leave gap because Hamilton would have overtaken him. And then the rain started in the worst possible time.

1. Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes

2. Sebastian Vettel, Ferrari

3. Nico Rosberg, Mercedes

4. Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull

5. Daniil Kvjat, Red Bull

6. Max Verstappen, Toro Rosso

7. Felipe Massa, Williams

8. Valtteri Bottas, Williams

9. Marcus Ericsson, Sauber

10. Romain Grosjean, Lotus

11. Kimi Räikkönen, Ferrari

12. Pastor Maldonado, Lotus

13. Nico Hülkenberg, Force India

14. Sergio Perez, Force India

15. Carlos Sainz, Toro Rosso

16. Felipe Nasr, Sauber

17. Jenson Button, McLaren

18. Fernando Alonso, McLaren

19. Roberto Merhi, Marussia

20. Will Stevens, Marussia

Grosjean ahead and Maldonado behind. Probably worst place to start on the grid D: Lets hope this won't update after the start: http://hasmaldonadocrashedtoday.com/

Sick race in my opinion and it definitely looks like Mercedes won't be as dominant this year. 

Kimi with bad luck still manages to get P4. >: )

Vettel did a great job as well of course... I will always hate him though. :P

Red Bull dissapointing and Mclaren didn't even finish. : (

I would love to see what happens when Kimi has a good weekend throughout the whole time.

But the real man who deserves praise is Allison. Great job.

I really enjoyed this race even though the wrong guy won. :P

It was exciting race at least. Always bad luck for Kimi but still excellent recovery with damaged car. Bottas got pretty bad start yet again but fought back and overtook Massa in the last lap to show who is the boss. :D

Allison has definetly brough some of that magic from Lotus and when combined with the Ferrari millions the development has been very fast.

I just opened one of the coolest birthday presents ever. 

89819.jpg

I most likely do have the coolest brother ever. ^.^

Sorry for 2x post, but I had to share. ;P

That's really cool Lenne!

And the this weekend we are back in business. Kimi was second in quali 2013 and if he comes to 2nd again he is the only driver ever to have qualified 2nd in the same track 5 times.

That's really cool Lenne!

And the this weekend we are back in business. Kimi was second in quali 2013 and if he comes to 2nd again he is the only driver ever to have qualified 2nd in the same track 5 times.

I would rather have him qualify on the Pole position. ;P

Still another record for him would be cool as well. Although he probably wont care. haha

Can't wait to see how the long runs will look tomorrow.

I will update the op tomorrow... hopefully someone on the internet will upload a cool pic about the chinese GP until then.

Although maybe @Slade can help with that if everything else fails. No pressure though.