Why do people love this map so much?

ThunderGlove142

If it's not here, it's Youtube comments with people just preaching that Ascension is the best map EVA!!!

Why, exactly? It's interesting with all the space stuff, and it's big, and imo with the best Richtofen quotes, but that's it for me. It's to easy and no new wonder weapon. And the monkeys.......no, just no -_- nobody touches my perks. It's the only map I limit myself to two perks because I don't feel like going after them or buying them again. Solo=quick revive/jugg, co op= jugg and speed cola

The maps for me, from best to worst:

1) Call of the Dead

Everything else from Kino down lol 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see why people think it's the best.

It's the easiest, introduced Flopper, accessing PAP was very cool and it had an Easter Egg.

Flopper meant everyone could use the Ray Gun no matter their personal skill level.

I believe that most people who have it as their favorite, think it's because it's the easiest.

I think the way you wrote EVA has a lot to do with it, and the fact that it's YouTube comments.

For me the best map is Verruckt.

• 2 weeks later...

I definitely have spent more time on Ascension that any other map. Played it pretty much daily for 6 whole months. Going from a map like Der Riese to Kino almost felt like a step backwards. The map felt smaller and aside from a different weapon set felt pretty much identical to play as Der Riese so when Ascension came along it was a huge leap.

2 new perks, a new melee weapon and a new bonus wave all added to the maps enjoyment as well as huge areas where players could hold their own, encouraged to do so by the fact you could potentially have all 6 perks.

Ascension may have been easy but almost all maps are easy to some extent. It will always hold a place in my heart and is up there in my top few maps but I don't really have a personal favourite. I love most maps to be honest.

IMO Ascension was the worst map in BO1, I have good memories of it when it came out, as Kino was the first map I played, and then I got into Five, and I was really looking forward to finally having a new DLC map to play, and I did play the shit out of it, but looking back now it was way too easy and training by the lander near Flopper with the Thundergun (or any gun) was a piece of cake. I can't actually think of any easier place in any other map to play. The monkeys were just annoying and a bit silly also. Did have a few cool features though, and I did like that it was a pretty large map. But if someone was to ask me to play BO1 now I'd chose that map last for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Ascension introduced some amazing features, the rocket, sweet lunar landers, a fun boss round that to this day is awesome to fight to keep perks, a timed free trap, a story driven EE, and a cool objective to open PaP... Unfortunately, it also introduced flippy floppy, in my opinion the worst perk to ever be in a Zs map... It's the same reason Buried is the most played map on BO2... Most people play games to have fun, not to be challenged...

Personally, I think Five is the best map... The level of detail is incredible, there are no OP WWs, and it's challenging... Five is the best map for speed runs as far as I'm concerned...

Ascension introduced some amazing features, the rocket, sweet lunar landers, a fun boss round that to this day is awesome to fight to keep perks, a timed free trap, a story driven EE, and a cool objective to open PaP... Unfortunately, it also introduced flippy floppy, in my opinion the worst perk to ever be in a Zs map... It's the same reason Buried is the most played map on BO2... Most people play games to have fun, not to be challenged...

Personally, I think Five is the best map... The level of detail is incredible, there are no OP WWs, and it's challenging... Five is the best map for speed runs as far as I'm concerned...

Typical "hipster" response Enrico. I expect nothing less from you. lol.

Personally, I play zombies for the fun factor. I love maps that are fun to play while preserving the difficulty factor that makes the game-mode what it is. Moon is still most likely my favourite map but that takes nothing away from this map.

Ascension is still to this day my most played map, with Tranzit a very close second. I funnily enough played a game on Ascension with 2 randoms today because this thread inspired me to. We got to 22 before the first person went down and like a brave soldier, he carried on regardless. We ended up calling it on 28 but damn was it not a hell of a lot of fun.

People can say what they want about this map but it's awesome, and so is PHD!

The maps atmosphere and gameplay are both amazing. The monkeys make it interesting as they not only make you have to fight for your perks, but if you win you kind of lose because they make it harder the next time by giving you a perk drop. I think that is so innovative and I dont think its been replicated again in zombies, maybe in the generators but barely.

• 1 year later...

For me it is my fourth favorite of all time. There are a couple reasons-

- Unique things like black and white before power, bowie knife reskin, the machine in spawn...

- Pap was not too easy or too hard to open. twas perfect. 

- Landers were an awesome idea instead of teleporters. 

- No teleporters! (I hate them except in Der Riese)

- No dogs. And their replacement don't teleport.

- Multiple training spots but not super easy

- The introduction of PHD

Archived