How OK are we with remakes?

Map re-creations:   

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The reason I voted for up to Origins though is this. 3 year cycle, meaning we get the classic maps first, then BO and finally BO2 as then it wouldnt technically be too soon as they could give them to us in say summer 2016 which is a long enough time for me to have them again as I did enjoy BO2 aside from like Tranzit and Buried for a time.

That's one reason, but also: remember, next-gen: The entire point of re-creating the maps, does not have a BO2 variant. 

A summer 2016 add-on for BO2 maps would be ideal for this. 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason I voted for up to Origins though is this. 3 year cycle, meaning we get the classic maps first, then BO and finally BO2 as then it wouldnt technically be too soon as they could give them to us in say summer 2016 which is a long enough time for me to have them again as I did enjoy BO2 aside from like Tranzit and Buried for a time.

That's one reason, but also: remember, next-gen: The entire point of re-creating the maps, does not have a BO2 variant. 

I dont quite understand lol

Good points both of you... i completely forgot that about the obvious improvements even just graphically that next gen will bring.  I'm for the "through origins" option now, but like NV said, i think spacing them out over time would be ideal

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

We need to know more about Nacht, for sure. It's bursting with potential-if they don't have special plans for it, it deserves them.

Shi No Numa isn't as important, but holds secrets that would be great to know more about.

Der Riese needs to be revisited. That place is the heart and soul of Zombies.

Moon was left hanging. We need to return!

Black Ops 2 was messy, but needed no further explanation. IMO, no need to recreate any of those maps.

Though I always prefer Richtofen and his puppets, it would be interesting to know more about the American experimentation, and why (more clearly) there was a zombie breakout at the Pentagon, but preferably not a remake of 5.

I would also like to see more interactive, or at least visible, if even for a moment, comp characters...preferably Maxis, any of the O4 (if they are not playable), Samantha, or members of Group 935.

Edited by NaBrZHunter

Only if certain things that were fixed in BO2 were applied to BO1 maps. Like not needing everyone to be on the teleporter in Moon (like in MotD with Golden Gate Bridge/Alcatraz).

I would only prefer BO1 maps to be remastered (BO2 is a bit to recent for a remaster), and even than I don't see CotD or "Five" being included. Call of the Dead because actors (which they would have to pay for to reuse them again), possibly the same reason for "Five" (I'm not sure if they have to pay a fee to the families of the "Five" crew or not). Plus, Kino, Ascension, Shangri-La and Moon. Four maps (like Rezurrection) using the same characters (that didn't stop Nacht and Verruckt though).

Only if certain things that were fixed in BO2 were applied to BO1 maps. Like not needing everyone to be on the teleporter in Moon (like in MotD with Golden Gate Bridge/Alcatraz).

I would only prefer BO1 maps to be remastered (BO2 is a bit to recent for a remaster), and even than I don't see CotD or "Five" being included. Call of the Dead because actors (which they would have to pay for to reuse them again), possibly the same reason for "Five" (I'm not sure if they have to pay a fee to the families of the "Five" crew or not). Plus, Kino, Ascension, Shangri-La and Moon. Four maps (like Rezurrection) using the same characters (that didn't stop Nacht and Verruckt though).

But how would you do the full easter egg on moon without COTD? 

BAM, big hole, right through your logic. 

We need to know more about Nacht, for sure. It's bursting with potential-if they don't have special plans for it, it deserves them.

Shi No Numa isn't as important, but holds secrets that would be great to know more about.

Der Riese needs to be revisited. That place is the heart and soul of Zombies.

Moon was left hanging. We need to return!

Black Ops 2 was messy, but needed no further explanation. IMO, no need to recreate any of those maps.

Though I always prefer Richtofen and his puppets, it would be interesting to know more about the American experimentation, and why (more clearly) there was a zombie breakout at the Pentagon, but preferably not a remake of 5.

I would also like to see more interactive, or at least visible, if even for a moment, comp characters...preferably Maxis, any of the O4 (if they are not playable), Samantha, or members of Group 935.

All of this please.

If this is seriously a consideration, why do they not just take on the whole stand-alone Zombies collection idea by now?

I'd be seriously surprised if this idea didn't get stuck in front of Acti already.

And all they saw was $$$$$

They wouldn't do this as  DLC, they'd release it as it's own game. Release one map pack and have 4 maybe 5 maps, or release a standalone game with all classic maps that people would pay 40/50/60 dollars for, and you could at that point do the rewritten story arc.

This would be ideal imo, I've already paid for the WaW maps twice, not paying for DR a third time(Who am I kidding, I totally would but I will stomp and bitch the entire time) unless that payment includes every zombie map to date. 

• 1 month later...

This type of discussion really makes me hopeful for BO3, I can't wait!

In my opinion, adding every map through Origins would be fantastic. I would prefer if they release each game's map remakes along side other map packs throughout 2016. I'd only want some graphical updates and a few extra features and small easter eggs that add more to the story. Also it would give Treyarch some redemption on some mistakes that's been mentioned already. 

Also

I'd like to see a re-made Moon.

Favorite map of all time, but - as said before - is very glitchy at times and could do with a few minor changes. If any extras are added to the environment, I would be shutting up and demanding to take my money.

​I'm with you there!