PSA: New Forum "Zombie Labs" + Future Zombies Name Change

Flammenwerfer

Hello everyone, I'm Flammenwerfer and I've got some news jelly for your ear breads.

First of all, a new forum has been created under the "Zombie Stories & Theories" section called "Zombie Labs." This forum has been discussed already, but I'll touch up on it. In the recent months, many threads have popped up under Future Zombies that admittedly don't really "fit" the forum they're created in. These threads are mainly concepts and ideas, with some full blown Side Quest and DLC ideas thrown in. While these threads are certainly interesting reads, they don't necessarily contribute to the theorizing of actual future Zombie maps. As such, these threads have been moved to Zombies Labs. Zombie Labs will be here for all threads of this type so as to not detract from the theory threads in Future Zombies. If you find any such threads anywhere on the site where they would be better suited for Zombie Labs, please report them so we can move them to their proper forum.

Speaking of Future Zombies, we have some news regarding that, too. From here on, Future Zombies will be known as the "Research Facility." We felt that Future Zombies was a bit too general of a name, so of course we changed it to something that would be a bit more suitable.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to post them. Thanks for your time.

-Flammenwerfer

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
Personally, I really dislike Future Zombies being called the Research Facility. We already have a Research Facility and when people read posts that say "Research Facility" in them they're going to think of this new one instead of the original one that still exists. I think maybe something like Research Station, or anything other than a name that already exists for something on CoDz.
  • Administrators

Yeah I'm okay with the name zombie labs but Research Facility just doesnt fit.

But isnt zombie labs as a name a reference to the Moon trailers, which I thought was cool?

Yeah they are for adding zombie labs as an idea forum. They are suggesting research facility as a name change for future zombies.

Ah sorry for the confusion, as for a name I kind of think research facility is okay

but, but, but, make up your mind!!!

Personally, I really dislike Future Zombies being called the Research Facility. We already have a Research Facility and when people read posts that say "Research Facility" in them they're going to think of this new one instead of the original one that still exists. I think maybe something like Research Station, or anything other than a name that already exists for something on CoDz.

Ideally when Craig fixes the transfer we can merge the two.  The old research facility has almost zero views in the last three months. I don't think most current users were even around when it was an active forum.

So hypothetically. Let's say I were to make a zombies concept based on speculation about what the next zombies map "might" be like. Would that be considered zombie labs or research since the map is made using hints and info treyarch has dropped for us?

Zombie Labs.

So hypothetically. Let's say I were to make a zombies concept based on speculation about what the next zombies map "might" be like. Would that be considered zombie labs or research since the map is made using hints and info treyarch has dropped for us?

If it's a concept, it belongs in Zombie Labs. If you're using hints from Treyarch/maps/etc. to try and predict where they're going and not presenting a map idea with layouts, side quests, etc, then it belongs in R&D.

• Administrators

Right so you both just answered with different answers... XD

Not really, they both said Zombie Labs. @Flammenwerfer just cleared up why it belongs in Zombie Labs and not R&D. If Treyarch posted photos of pyramids and a link to some location that we found to be in Egypt, and someone came along to say "well I theorize that the next map is ____________ in Egypt and we may be dealing with X, Y, and Z because they refer to historical context of ___________ event" then that is R&D.

But if you took those hints and said "yeah the next map will be Egypt and it will have a new Wonder Weapon called the Nile-erator and the Side Quest forces you to go through the pyramid labyrinths and you'll get all the possible perks plus Samantha will be a new playable character", then that belongs in Zombie Labs.

Yes I know that, I was just pointing out that you said zombie labs for something that would be r and d, I dont understand what is the matter

You're really getting on my nerves now. Stop dragging this on by endlessly post-pumping the same balderdash already.

Smith's talking about a concept thread. Concept threads go in Labs, not R&D. That's all there is to it.

• Tech Admin

I'll be honest, it seems more like it would fit in the Labs, as it is one main thing: A CONCEPT. I don't see why we're arguing over it anyways. That "concept" could always be wrong. R&D would be more theory-wise. That specifically lays under Concepts, though. So Zombie Labs.

It's a concept map based on hints dropped, so it's a Research and Development topic.

Zombie labs, is about neat ideas for a map you have come up with but not using hints on upcoming maps - it would be moved to R&D if it was posted in ZL.