What if there was a game dedicated to zombies?

There are three essential things I want after zombies' story is over. The first being a huge book filled with concept art, images from maps, secrets and stuff of the like. Next is a comic book set around the story, it would be so awesome. Finally I want a COD Zombies novel. All of the story documented, it  could be beautiful.

"By Pinnaz" 

Two months later another book is released: 

"What zombies could have been" - "Co-written by Black hand smith and Stop mocking me" 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think the campaign style goes with wave survival to be honest.

I think if you had a regular campaign style CoD and let some of the missions turn into a wave survival, then that would be really fun. Have players fight through the map like any other CoD. Then once they reach a checkpoint, they have to fend off zombies for maybe 20 waves in a closed section of the map. Once they get to round 21 or complete some objective like beating a boss or building something, you open up the map so they can go further. 

It would be really interesting because you could have most of the campaign be about fighting some groups like Group 935 or the Flesh or something else. Then you also fight crazy zombies and creatures that are just running lose like any outbreak, kind of like the Buried cutscene showed. But you have the storyline about how the characters we are playing start to gain the attention of whoever is in charge. So if its Maxis or Sam and they think we are becoming a threat, then some of the missions turn into a brief Zombie survival where they are toying with us, throwing in the points,  wall weapons, perks, and box. Making us play the game they play with the other groups.

It would also be really fun to have to reach higher rounds to continue the campaign. And once we reach that checkpoint and can continue, then we could unlock that section for the regular zombie coop mode. 

A straight up campaign would go against the essence of Zombies, but I think there's a way to make it similar to a campaign and have that feel of a continuous story. However, I don't think it should happen until a long ways down the road when this story has been completed, most of the secrets deciphered, and a good story is established by the community. Then they essentially make a game/"campaign" that walks us through the story and maybe even introduce some more hints to the secrets we have yet to find. That's what I'd like to see. Then they can start on a new story or something, but even if they don't, I want the zombies game to be the final installation of this story.

I think a campaign that takes place mainly right before and after Moon would be perfect. Something that shows the side of a Majestic 12 black Op or something. Maybe give us a look at Broken Arrow right before the Nuketown outbreak. Answer some of those questions by letting us play as a new character who maybe sees or learns about what happened with Marlton and Russman.

Then continue the storyline of the players trying to stop the outnreak and some of these groups behind the scenes. We might fight the Flesh one mission and then fight Group 935 the next. And we could learn about the things hidden in the BO2 maps like why are the Tranzit zombies wearing collars and maybe expand on that. Like one group actually has control over the zombies and use them to attack us while we fight off the regular guys.Focusing a campaign on that side of the story would let us to learn a lot of the BO2 secrets while still keeping a lot of the other zombie questions unanswered. Maybe even throw in a flashback mission of Peter getting caught and trying to fight his way out before getting killed. Or a flashback of the Verrukt marines fighting their way to the asylum. This would allow a little more glimpse into something we already know and maybe let there be a new 935 scientist villain getting introduced.   

But you gotta keep the story on the outside of the main one. Then once we beat the campaign, we unlock the major Zombie Coop map, like we once did with Nacht, that has the O4 or BO2 4 and continues the main story line from their points of view. 

I would rather have the normal wave format than the campaign. They might as well just make cutscenes explaining stuff if they wanted too but I would not want a campaign over normal zombies.

You'd still have the Zombie Coop mode for regular wave surviving. And you're going to have a campaign mode along with MP. So why not keep the zombie theme throughout. 

Making the campaign about the zombie story line lets you try new things. Almost every CoD campaign has the same kind of missions. Vehicle of some sort, sniping here and there, some stealth with up close kills, a turret mission, and some new tech played with. Imagine playing these missions zombie style. Having a sniper mission just like 28 Weeks Later. Trying to cover survivors escaping while picking off zombies in the crowd. Or a vehicle mission where you're driving down a crowded street with zombies jumping on the car while trying to escape pursuing soldiers. Or a turret  mission where you're working a machine gun in a helicopter covering a scene like World War Z's with zombies climbing the walls. 

These are familiar missions to CoD. And the mechanics for these missions is already there and working. Adding zombies to them would give them new life. Then adding a handful of wave missions here and there and maybe some bosses, and you have a really good campaign. Tying in some of the groups mentioned in the Zombie background already, and you can have a really good story to go with that campaign. 

I dont know why you are trying to convince me of the campaign thing, I havent changed my mind about it for years now and I wont still XD It just doesnt appeal to me, I dont like campaigns at the best of times.

I was waiting to see if an old thread would be bumped but I guess we're using this as the official now. I guess we could do the campaign something like Red dead redemption undead army if there had to be one but personally I'd just like all the maps on one game. that'd be great. Considering we pay $15 for 1 map every time a new DLC comes out. There's could be different modes to it too. Like the one I suggested in another thread. where the teleporters are messed up and every few rounds when you go to teleport it teleports you to a different map and you must survive there for x amount of rounds. It'd also be nice (considereing they have every map in the game) to be able to choose your gun set before starting. Say you're playing Nuketown, but you want the guns from Black ops. Or playing Kino and want the guns from WAW. It'd be nice to Choose between WAW, BO1, & BO2 guns.

Edited by GodOfWarrio

You'd still have the Zombie Coop mode for regular wave surviving. And you're going to have a campaign mode along with MP. So why not keep the zombie theme throughout. 

Making the campaign about the zombie story line lets you try new things. Almost every CoD campaign has the same kind of missions. Vehicle of some sort, sniping here and there, some stealth with up close kills, a turret mission, and some new tech played with. Imagine playing these missions zombie style. Having a sniper mission just like 28 Weeks Later. Trying to cover survivors escaping while picking off zombies in the crowd. Or a vehicle mission where you're driving down a crowded street with zombies jumping on the car while trying to escape pursuing soldiers. Or a turret  mission where you're working a machine gun in a helicopter covering a scene like World War Z's with zombies climbing the walls. 

These are familiar missions to CoD. And the mechanics for these missions is already there and working. Adding zombies to them would give them new life. Then adding a handful of wave missions here and there and maybe some bosses, and you have a really good campaign. Tying in some of the groups mentioned in the Zombie background already, and you can have a really good story to go with that campaign. 

Maybe, but remember, the world is either destroyed by Maxis, or tooken over by Richtofen

Personally I think we shouldn't bother with a zombies campaign. Instead we focus on  something like: zombie's classic: Nact-Origins maps remastered for next gen with bonus turned and grief maps. 

And then continue with zombies as we always have. I don't want to be able to predict what's coming, that's boring. 

turned and grief?  :blink:  <_<  :wacko:  :unsure::mrgreen: i for one never play those game modes and most people i know dont. as for nacht or the maps remastered for next gen? i dont agree im more like hell to the f*ck no. purely on the basis ive played those maps so much worn them down to the nub if it was possible to wear them down. i want think / need new maps something that we have never experienced. also not all of us own next gen consoles yet. there is nothing that has driven me to even owning one yet. grief and especially turned in my opinion was the worst junk stupid modes ever made. something new seems better in my opinion

Personally I think we shouldn't bother with a zombies campaign. Instead we focus on  something like: zombie's classic: Nact-Origins maps remastered for next gen with bonus turned and grief maps. 

And then continue with zombies as we always have. I don't want to be able to predict what's coming, that's boring. 

turned and grief?  :blink:  <_<  :wacko:  :unsure::mrgreen: i for one never play those game modes and most people i know dont. as for nacht or the maps remastered for next gen? i dont agree im more like hell to the f*ck no. purely on the basis ive played those maps so much worn them down to the nub if it was possible to wear them down. i want think / need new maps something that we have never experienced. also not all of us own next gen consoles yet. there is nothing that has driven me to even owning one yet. grief and especially turned in my opinion was the worst junk stupid modes ever made. something new seems better in my opinion

I liked greif and turned. I never actually play either, not because they're bad modes, but because Turned will rank up your deaths (which it really shouldn't) and Greif can't last for more then 8 minutes without half the lobby falling out. Turned may need some help but it has potential. 

Furthermore, the amount of people who own next-gen consoles is growing every day. Many people sold their last gen consoles for the next gen ones, meaning they can't play WAW BO1 or BO2 anymore. That's not really fair. But it's also not fair to just re-hash the maps again for next gen consoles as is. Add some gamemode maps, maybe a raygun M2, and it gains more value. 

The main issue I see with your post is that you assume more people are like your community. Truth be told, there's a lot of other people out there who think differently. 

Personally I think we shouldn't bother with a zombies campaign. Instead we focus on something like: zombie's classic: Nact-Origins maps remastered for next gen with bonus turned and grief maps.

turned and grief? :blink:<_<:wacko::unsure::mrgreen: i for one never play those game modes and most people i know dont. as for nacht or the maps remastered for next gen? i dont agree im more like hell to the f*ck no. purely on the basis ive played those maps so much worn them down to the nub if it was possible to wear them down. i want think / need new maps something that we have never experienced. also not all of us own next gen consoles yet. there is nothing that has driven me to even owning one yet. grief and especially turned in my opinion was the worst junk stupid modes ever made. something new seems better in my opinionAn exact port wouldn't be so great, but an updated version of maps with all the new perks, and new box weapons would be great.

Speaking from my personal perspective, I hate playing my ps3 now, but am forced to because zombies isn't on next gen. If they port all the zombies maps over, I will never have to use my ps3 again.

Adding grief, maybe another game mode if they decide to try another mode to the old maps would be great. Grief on Nacht, or Ascension would be amazing imo.

Edit: and next gen only is the best possible option for everyone involved. Ubisoft said they expect 56 million + ps4/xb1 consoles out there by the end of the year. For the old gen, that means death, and COD going next gen only really accelerates the process.

Edited by BestOfAllTime32
  • 1 month later...

This is a comment I posted on YouTube earlier today, I figured it'd be perfect to share on this thread. Keep in mind this is just part of a theory of mine, feel free to criticize it if you feel necessary. Although, I don't think we should discuss the theories in this thread. So please PM me if its off topic.

It's called Origins for a reason. It's the beginning of the storyline. The game will most likely pick up from buried. Just because it's the most recent map doesn't mean thats were it falls in the story line.

The entire Zombie story line was just a reenactment from Eddies comic books that were written by Al Arlington. That doesn't change the assumption that a similar group (935) may exist and we MAY actually start a brand new story line loosely based on the previous characters.

Possibly even have an actual Zombie campaign built into the game. Along with a normal campaign of course. They have space on the disks to handle more content. Maybe even a second disk dedicated to Zombies only.

They did focus on Zombies pretty hard during the Dice Summit.

Only time and clues will tell..