The Comic Book Makes no Sense

Alright, after looking at the loading screens that are comics from Moon -> Buried, it seems that things don't make much sense at all.

Let's start at Moon.

01b5c84c2c40f4d667a74d677cb583b7.jpg

Note the following things.

-Separate advertising page similar to the one on the Moon comic, but towards the front of the comic book. 

(Outlined in dark blue).

-Much darker/tanner page later in the book.

(Outlined in red).

-Shangri-La loading screen directly before the Moon loading screen.

Everything is all fine and dandy here. Everything is in order (from what it seems), and we can move on to what appears to be next in line, Nuketown.

2c86145ba42a8f33080c9bd5d9c6a2a7.jpg

This is when things start to get weird, alrighty:

-Let's consider something here. If this page comes directly after Moon, the page with the close-up of the 115 excavation drill would have to share the same page with the "Meanwhile" page from Moon. If you take a look at the actual panel cover (not the picture but the page color itself), you can see that it doesn't match Moon's page at all. The width of the page is much shorter when you look at Moon's loading screen. Could this mean that the Nuketown page is at a different point in the book?

-Note how that much tanner page can't be seen anymore although it could be seen on Moon's comic. Again, supporting that the two are not next to eachother.

-You can see that separate advertisement page on the left again (outlined in dark blue), but it appears to be directly to the left of the drill page, whereas on Moon's page it's a bit more visible but behind Shangri-La's page, and the others as well. The rips on this "hidden" page are identical to the rips of it seen on Moon. The importance of this page is unclear as of now.

-Note the "uhtli" bubble gum on the page and how it doesn't appear on any other page (Shangri-La has 5 cent gum at the bottom left but not with an outstanding logo or design).

-Notice that there are no outstanding rips on the right page of this particular comic while on the Die Rise part of the page, while the Die Rise part contains many. I've outlined what I mean in light green along with a very erratic looking question mark made.

-If you look around the comic you'll notice that the comic seems to be on top of a checkerboard style black and white pattern. I outlined this in pink. This is the only time that you can see an actual background for the comic (excluding Green Run because it's not a comic, although it has the same background), which raises questions such as:

"Why does the NTZ loading screen get a visible background?"

"Is the location of the comic changing?"

"Why the hell is this comic book so damn strange?"

It's hard to answer these questions, as there's no evidence pointing to why or how any of this crap works. :)

One thing I would like to point out, is that the checkerboard style background can be seen on two maps, what do you think this means?

shot0069.jpg

From the Kino Der Toten game over screen that shows the foyer room. Take a look at the floor tiles.

T_HappyHour2.jpg

Again, the floor tiles.

Bus_Depot_Loading_Screen_BOII.png

Well, what do ya know? More black and white tiles! 

Both locations (diner and foyer location from Kino der Toten) are set in... well, a recreational area. A bar, and a diner. Similar enough, I guess.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now looking at Die Rise's comic.

ea4511e0a8a15519d0fc0dd3db71f523.jpg

Lots of craziness here folks.

-No background from NTZ's loading screen.

-Note the rips on the left page here, AKA the right page on the NTZ loading screen. They weren't there before. 

-You can see the top left of NTZ's loading screen but behind that, a bunch of other comics! Those weren't visible before. This is outlined in blue.

-Bus Depot/TranZit postcard is there, despite it not appearing on the last pages. Also, it looks to me like it was jammed in there to give it some relevance. Why give Die Rise a page, but not TranZit? Why is the postcard in much better condition here then when we first saw it on TranZit? It seems to be after NTZ's loading screen though, which makes sense. I've outlined this in pink.

-The location in the U.S that the N4 is teleporting from isn't Green Run, or Hanford Washington, at all. In fact it looks almost like it's from Colorado or something around there. I'll bring this up on the Buried comic.

-The pages here, in my opinion don't look very connected, almost like the page on the right is overlaying another one. Outlined in blue in the middle of the page, and white at the bottom.

-The little teaser page showing what appears to be Buried isn't Buried! It looks like a completely different page because of the panel right above the little valve wheel-thingy.

-The rip showing this "Buried" page, isn't visible on the loading screen for Buried itself. Almost as if it's not the same page at all. I've outlined this in yellow.

-Also outlined in white is the fact that the much darker page from later in the comic seems to appear again even though we couldn't see it on NTZ's loading screen. It can't be Buried because we see what appears to be Buried through the rips. Buried's comic panel color is white. What is this page and why has it been visible and invisible since Moon?

Now to the last comic we've seen so far, Buried.

09c31c402cef6d63c8caf5f4a885215e.png

-The rip we saw on the right-hand page of the Die Rise comic book apparently doesn't exist anymore. In fact, it has been replaced with the exact same rip as the left-hand page of Die Rise's comic!

Die Rise:

dccd19961ba000a2bc5df5ad1037397f.png

Buried: 

e71e2baf3df5a322a2ff9cb4922cf0d0.png

Also, if you look you can see that the Die Rise page isn't the previous page! It looks like Nuketown's page! Why is Buried seemingly replacing Die Rise? I've outlined this in the center-left of the page to the left, and labeled it with yellow.  The other blue outline will be explained next...

-There is one more page behind the "NTZ" comic page.  I've shown this (although it's kind of hard to see here), with another blue outline on the top left. Not sure what page this is. Here's the original picture so you can get a better look.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130702230222/callofduty/images/0/08/Buried_loading_screen_BOII.png

-The page on the left seems to just show Buried, whereas the page on the right shows the N4 on top of the bus (but it doesn't look like Green Run to me, which might show that they didn't actually teleport from Hanford but a different location that they got to while riding on the bus?), and also shows a picture of a zombie in the Town. Let's move on to the panel that we thought was the teaser back in Die RIse.

-The panel we see showing a bunch of rubble and a wheel with a valve isn't the same panel from the page in Die Rise. Take a look!:

Buried:                                                    

219ff74806895e0cdd71841c267cf281.png

Die Rise:

f8d6c8bbfca8f73286b3cf91e3a97b98.png

Look, the brightness and panel length isn't the same.

Since MotD was released right after Die Rise, I can only speculate that something in MotD changed what happened in Buried. This is really the only time we've seen one page and gotten a totally different one. I doubt 3arc would have had a slip like this. They're known for pesky and random details and bringing about more questions.

-There's a blueprint (and no, it's not from Der Riese), is sticking out at the top right that I've circled in light green. I don't think this is Origins because then there would have been a comic page for it that we'd know about. Either it's one of the next maps or... yeah I got nothing on this one.

EDIT: Thank you to Nightmare Voyager for pointing this out, the blueprint says 1915 on it. The meaning of this is a bit unclear.

-There's that tanned page we've been seeing, once again to the right of the current page. I'm pretty confident that this is one of the next maps. Either the next map directly or like the DLC of the next 3arc CoD game.

Now, you might be asking yourself why I made this, and what all of this means.

I made this to show that chances are, there will be a lot, and I mean a lot of craziness in the future regarding this comic book. 

What does all this mean?

It gives me these theories.

1.) 3arc did this on purpose; Consistency was a thing with Black Ops 1 regarding the comics, why would they give up here?

2.) Someone done f*cked up; Whoever makes these comics for the game lost track of what was going on.

I'm thinking theory #1 is correct. Time travel is possible. Perhaps these changes will be explained in the future! Perhaps someone is changing the past... who knows?

Thanks for reading this tangled mess. I hope you're as confused as I was with this. Either I'm thinking too hard or this actually means something.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think theory one is correct. The pages could be in different places due to the comics order being different. Maybe whoever made the comic or is reading it is in an recreational area. The buried loading screen has panels from the cutscene by the way. Also the blueprint has the date 1915, before Origins. What happened before Origins?

The buried loading screen has panels from the cutscene by the way.

Hmm, that's true, but why focus on the cut-scene than the map for a comic that is supposed to be about the map like the others?

Anyway, I didn't notice the 1915 on the blueprint. Thank you for pointing that out, I'll edit the post to add that detail. :3

Lemme try to figure out what the blueprint is.... alright, maybe it's going to be the loading screen for some sort of facility in the next game? Or maybe it's just a MotD style map, as MotD didn't have a comic. Or, we'll be doing a Blops 1 sort of thing with a new map, and then a secondary map like FIVE. Who knows. I just assume that the O3 (and Samantha) will return either after the events of Origins or after Moon, and we start from there.

Hmm, that's true, but why focus on the cut-scene than the map for a comic that is supposed to be about the map like the others?

Anyway, I didn't notice the 1915 on the blueprint. Thank you for pointing that out, I'll edit the post to add that detail. :3

Lemme try to figure out what the blueprint is.... alright, maybe it's going to be the loading screen for some sort of facility in the next game? Or maybe it's just a MotD style map, as MotD didn't have a comic. Or, we'll be doing a Blops 1 sort of thing with a new map, and then a secondary map like FIVE. Who knows. I just assume that the O3 (and Samantha) will return either after the events of Origins or after Moon, and we start from there.

Well the blue print looks like some weird machine, I thought maybe its that 115 drill thing as we know that tech existed in at least 1918 due to the picture in Origins and the fact that theres a big old 935 stamp on it. Maybe more happened in 1915 than anyone remembers? 

Well the blue print looks like some weird machine, I thought maybe its that 115 drill thing as we know that tech existed in at least 1918 due to the picture in Origins and the fact that theres a big old 935 stamp on it. Maybe more happened in 1915 than anyone remembers? 

Another reference to the early 1900s is on the MotD loading screen, saying Wall Street crashes with a date of 1917. Interesting...

Another thing about the blueprint: it does say 1915, but did you see the writing above it? (Hint-it says 'tofen' and 'xis L')  There's also a measurement for the robot on the side, 91.44 M to be exact (that's about 300 FT).

http://gyazo.com/6dfddc325a4832d661753cf46ada6c1c

Alright, ya got me. But why would they not use the blueprint? Similar to my question of why they didn't use a comic page for Green Run.

Another thing about the blueprint: it does say 1915, but did you see the writing above it? (Hint-it says 'tofen' and 'xis L')  There's also a measurement for the robot on the side, 91.44 M to be exact (that's about 300 FT).

Alright, ya got me. But why would they not use the blueprint? Similar to my question of why they didn't use a comic page for Green Run.

I'm guessing the blueprint wouldn't seem as 'epic' as what the loading screen currently is.  The comic book image is great, shows a good amount of what's in the map, while the blueprint may have shown something that wasn't present in the map.  Also, if the portions of names were picked up earlier, then people might have gone "Wait a minute, that doesn't really make any sense."

Green Run being a postcard is a little confusing, I don't see why they couldn't go for something like Kino where it sums up the few maps from WaW and shows how they got to Kino.

Here's something I noticed. Die Rise's comic isn't in chronological order. If you read it from left to right like any other comic, it starts with them arriving at Die Rise and ends with them going from Tranzit to Die Rise.

It's like you're supposed to read it manhua (chinese comic) style, much like manga. From right to left.
howto-spread.jpg

Nice find on the checkered tile floors, I never noticed that.

Great post @Bauerklos

You should also check out @Rissole25 thread - The Comic Tears

It is highly detailed & also covers some of the things you mention.

Regarding the chequered tiles, I think @AlphaSnake posted something about the black & white tiles possibly being a reference to Free-Masonry? (I can't find the post though. Somebody did anyway)

masonfloor.jpg

Though it can also just be a 1950's Rock-a-Billy reference too (funny that it appears in Kino though. I also thought that it appeared on more loading screens, but I just checked all of them & it is only Tranzit & Nuketown)

7e9d58436629.jpg

Great stuff Liz, I don't think I had noticed that before. I had only spotted 935 & 1915.

@Slade Never had noticed the left to right order for Die Rise isn't correct either. Thanks for that Slade. Chinese comic for a Chinese map. Cheers!

Great post @Bauerklos

Regarding the chequered tiles, I think @AlphaSnake posted something about the black & white tiles possibly being a reference to Free-Masonry? (I can't find the post though. Somebody did anyway)

masonfloor.jpg

Though it can also just be a 1950's Rock-a-Billy reference too (funny that it appears in Kino though. I also thought that it appeared on more loading screens, but I just checked all of them & it is only Tranzit & Nuketown)

7e9d58436629.jpg

Great stuff Liz, I don't think I had noticed that before. I had only spotted 935 & 1915.

@Slade Never had noticed the left to right order for Die Rise isn't correct either. Thanks for that Slade. Chinese comic for a Chinese map. Cheers!

I knew there was something I had forogtten with the blueprint but I couldnt get a clear picture to look at, thanks! I heard a friend mention Chinese comics being backwards too.

Edit: The tofen is for Richtofen! Wow I have never seen this before! SO what is the xis L mean? Axis L?

Edit 2: The word could be Phylaxis, idk what the L is but basically it means "Protection against infection" Could the blue print be some sort of defense against the undead? Created by Richtofen and thats where we are going next?

Edit 3: Sorry for my stupidity. Its blatantly Maxis! Has anyone actually made a post on this before?

Edited by Nightmare Voyager

Great post @Bauerklos

masonfloor.jpg

7e9d58436629.jpg

I knew there was something I had forogtten with the blueprint but I couldnt get a clear picture to look at, thanks! I heard a friend mention Chinese comics being backwards too.

Edit: The tofen is for Richtofen! Wow I have never seen this before! SO what is the xis L mean? Axis L?

Edit 2: The word could be Phylaxis, idk what the L is but basically it means "Protection against infection" Could the blue print be some sort of defense against the undead? Created by Richtofen and thats where we are going next?

Edit 3: Sorry for my stupidity. Its blatantly Maxis! Has anyone actually made a post on this before?

I'm not sure there's a post on it.  I feel a post would have been better, say, before Origins, where you see that and start to speculate why their names are on there and why it says 1915.

I genuinely think there is something there to do with 1915 and 935, we went back to the start with Origins, but what if we could go back further?

http://gyazo.com/992164206b528441499ab1de1ef62ec3

a couple of cool things happened near the end of 1915, I wonder if the date is a reference to something as well as a map... 

Also look at the thing about an order being formed, heres a list of famous important people who were associated with it: Isaac Newton

Leonardo da Vinci
Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa
Dante Alighieri
René Descartes
Blaise Pascal
Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz
Christopher Wren
Benjamin Franklin
Thomas Jefferson
Michael Faraday
Claude Debussy
Erik Satie
Édith Piaf
Napoleon Bonaparte
Francis Bacon

Nice find there @Nightmare Voyager

Here is some more info if you're interested.

Lots of people that are referenced in Zombies are said to be Rosicrucian

Rosicrucianism

Ancient Mystical Order Rosae Crucis

Notable People in Rosicrucian History

One of my old posts that lists alot of this info - http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/index.php/topic/157936-who-is-samantha/?p=1470407

Im starting to wonder whether or not something was meant to of happened in 1915 that led to them going to Excavation Site 64 in the first place, we know that losing memories is not a new aspect in zombies.

This isn't really an issue, see the only page that seems to hold any REAL consistencies with being different (aside from small page lay-outs which can fold and break over time and would be a bit of an un-nessesary hassle to re-create every time) is die-rise. And as we know, die rise is constantly flashed backwards and forwards over and over until richtofen feels samuel doesn't need to "begin anew!" 

I think that's the big issue here. 

Another thing to compentate is what is this book? It's fallowed the O4 and now sample and co? Is this the "secret diary" of maxis or richtofen? So many questions....

This isn't really an issue, see the only page that seems to hold any REAL consistencies with being different (aside from small page lay-outs which can fold and break over time and would be a bit of an un-nessesary hassle to re-create every time) is die-rise. And as we know, die rise is constantly flashed backwards and forwards over and over until richtofen feels samuel doesn't need to "begin anew!" 

I think that's the big issue here. 

Another thing to compentate is what is this book? It's fallowed the O4 and now sample and co? Is this the "secret diary" of maxis or richtofen? So many questions....

No, it isnt just Die Rise setting, its the whole loop. Its blatantly a comic book that has other 935 stuff in.

Thanks for all the discussion guys. There's a lot of interesting stuff you guys have noted. 

@Slade I wouldn't be surprised if the manhua style pages theory was actually true. But that kind of begs the question, of, is how would a regular reader know about that without any indication of the book showing that. I mean, it's a comic book with practically no dialogue. Unless there's some indication from an "author" at the front of the comic explaining some stuff, it seems pretty odd if this is actually some random comic book someone is reading.

@PINNAZ That's pretty interesting about the tiles relating to freemasonry. I'd say the comic is some sort of plan for world domination if I had any evidence. :P One thing I just came up with is that the tiles are apart of a chessboard. Maxis and Richtofen are going against each other so that's the only real evidence I have but it doesn't really tie in with the comic book.

Maybe the comic is being written at the complete end of the story-line? Where everything is solved and completed? I dunno. :P

What if the comic book existed with in the world, if it is a separate one, that the end of Origins was in? i mean they have toys and stuff, it could be like a franchise. 

What if the comic book existed with in the world, if it is a separate one, that the end of Origins was in? i mean they have toys and stuff, it could be like a franchise. 

Well, the comic has stuff from a bunch of different time periods. You got '60s over there, '40s from over there and then the 2000s over there! That could be a possible theory, it being a franchise. Plus, the O4 are known to reference 3arc sometimes (Richtofen does on Kino der Toten), maybe it's just like Call of the Dead, a movie?

• 5 months later...