Too many topics?

Tattoo247

Question

Is there a rule or standard on the number of topics one should have in a certain amount of time? I may be the only one who is bothered by it but when I see obvious related topics by the same person, I can't help to ask myself why is it not an extension of the first topic? Maybe I'm just being picky lol, just thought I'd ask the question though because it makes things look messy to me...

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

18 answers to this question

I see topics by the same users, initially I think geeze not again. Almost to the point of putting them on my ignore list. Saying that every now and then there's some quality worth reading. I'm in no position to judge as I'm a reader, not a thread starter.

At the end of the day, they keep the forum active during the off season and we can't e to critical I guess. I disagree with a few people but I respect their efforts in keeping the site active.

Here is the story of Ian, the most annoying fellow around.

There once was a member called Ian. He posted stuff everyday. However most of his posts were one sentence Long. Map idea? One sentence. Zombie trivia? One sentence. And if he did make a post that was long it would be copy and pasted from someone else maybe an article. This got so bad that one day the entire front page was littered with Ian Reed Posts. It got so bad that we eventually sacrificed Ian Rees for the Good of the Forum.

And they all lived happily ever after.....

• Tech Admin

Lets put it this way and in the nicest way possible.

Don't like what you are reading, think it might break the CoC? post-134056-0-72073200-1421419263.png

Think the person is spamming the forums, purely to increase post count, the posts are one after another and not really adding anything new? post-134056-0-72073200-1421419263.png (it would be helpful to supply some information and links etc and why you think it's spamming) - you can also report the person as a spammer

post-134056-0-68074900-1421419495_thumb.

You can also ignore the user, although we would recommend getting in touch with a member of staff rather than ignore someone.

There's no limitation on the amount of threads one can make, nor will there ever be.

I can understand the frustration however when someone makes a new thread for something that could just as easily be added to the OP of his previous thread.

Report threads so we can merge them when necessary. Or just ask the member in question.

• Administrators

Although to your point, it does junk up the new content queue. All extended stories could easily be merged into a single post and formatted using spoiler tabs. I don't recall the exact members id, but they were working on the Maxis saga. I took the ten separate threads and neatly merged them into one. So is it a rule? No. A courtesy? Yes.

Can't say I ever expected to have TOO many threads in the off season haha.

Yeah, if you feel a thread is unneeded or could be condensed, feel free to report it to us. We will then take the time to contact the author, let them know of the concerns (all anonymous of course), and hopefully come to a solution.

• Tech Admin

I mean this in the nicest way, but if no one is posting in a topic, doesn't it need to "die"?

Although I understand where you are coming from. a topic can have zero replies but the OP is keeping the topic alive with his or her replies to the topic itself. Doesn't mean it needs to die, it just means that in it's current form no one has anything additional to add to it.

It will fade away eventually but it's a good point of reference for the OP and others.

I may be the only one who is bothered by it but when I see obvious related topics by the same person, I can't help to ask myself why is it not an extension of the first topic?

This, you don't need to post a new thread every time you've written something new; updating the previous one will do just fine.

It gets even more annoying knowing this unnecessary thread spamming essentially renders the Follow This Thread function useless. Why even bother following a thread when the poster is just going to ditch it and make another one 2 days later.

• Tech Admin

I may be the only one who is bothered by it but when I see obvious related topics by the same person, I can't help to ask myself why is it not an extension of the first topic?

This, you don't need to post a new thread every time you've written something new; updating the previous one will do just fine.

It gets even more annoying knowing this unnecessary thread spamming essentially renders the Follow This Thread function useless. Why even bother following a thread when the poster is just going to ditch it and make another one 2 days later.

That shouldn't be happening. Point me in the direction and I'll have them merged accordingly.