"Der Wunderfizz Update"

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tech Admin

Here's hoping everyone likes it, I'm on it that often I'm forgetting simple things for the current setup. A lot has changed but a lot remains the same and improved. The @ mention function is no more though, that's a plugin that was added here. I was doubtful that it would work on the new forum, as that is not standard. Simply start with @ and then first letter and contiue typing the person name and a drop down menu appears with the relevant users.

Anyway, any @ mentions have actually transferred over, at least they appear to have and they are two different systems (bit stoked at that tbh).

Here's hoping everyone likes it, I'm on it that often I'm forgetting simple things for the current setup. A lot has changed but a lot remains the same and improved. The @ mention function is no more though, that's a plugin that was added here. I was doubtful that it would work on the new forum, as that is not standard. Simply start with @ and then first letter and contiue typing the person name and a drop down menu appears with the relevant users.

Anyway, any @ mentions have actually transferred over, at least they appear to have and they are two different systems (bit stoked at that tbh).

Oh wow that is really good to know, the new method seems a lot better and more efficient.

Not that many of you will see this particular section of the site, but I figured I'd share this because it's just flippin' cool in my opinion and it shows off the sleekness of the site: 53dbecdf26782bdee91f61ad996d55a4.jpg

Wow, that looks so nice I wish I had to log in every day just to see that!

Not that many of you will see this particular section of the site, but I figured I'd share this because it's just flippin' cool in my opinion and it shows off the sleekness of the site: 53dbecdf26782bdee91f61ad996d55a4.jpg

That does look cool. Perhaps, you could use that same background again for people who are registering to the site, like to pick their country/location or something? Again, that is amazing

• Moderators

That is good news, since I have mentioned some folks in another thread who haven't been on here for a while.

You are the man, HW.  B)

• Tech Admin

Just thought I would share a wee bit more detail / style with you for the forum.

eaa588bd00362cbe663548a98696a5e1.png

cfb4311d3e34ac6ccd92336511248ef6.png

Something new for everyone, is what is known as blocks or Grid View. This would be currently be chosen by selecting a theme (List View or Grid View) - although we are contemplating making changes so that this is user controlled for the account settings rather than theme based.

2fc09e5116685d2f1c496ef6ab3ba1e2.png

be4dd86e25cb15353e454780f0a7e15a.png

We are currently running Beta 6 of the software, which was just released on Wednesday. We are going to be working flat out now to get the site ready and creating all the relevant pages and formatting over the next couple of weeks and we may open it up for preview.  One of the main things, is background processes don't are automatic but these are generated by traffic visiting the site or by running a cron job (which basically runs the process when we tell it to run).

To be honest, it will be quite a familiar style, something you currently see but refreshed / updated and very modern.

We'll give more updates in due course.

• Tech Admin

At a minimum we are look at about 6 weeks, I'm hopeful that the new software will be released in the next 4 weeks, that gives us 2 weeks to get everything finalised. This would be a blank fresh install with no 3rd party apps, if we decide to wait for the 3rd party apps, it could be a few more weeks after that.

We need to weigh up what we will have, what we need, what we can do without at launch.

• Tech Admin

Just a quick heads up, beta 7 was released today for the new suite - they wanted to get it out so the "power" users could get at it and find stuff over the weekend. Why?

They are looking at releasing the "release candidate" on Tuesday (10th February). What is a release candidate? It basically means that if we wanted too, we could upgrade to the new suite on Tuesday, it means we wouldn't be running under a beta system and it would be officially supported.

So what does it mean for CoDz, it means "if" everything is working well and we have everything we need to switch, then no reason will exist to leave it much longer before switching. However, as it currently stands, the APPS don't exist for the new suite that we currently have, So things such as the donation sidebar, User of the month sidebar, awards/medals system have not been upgraded. We still don't have timescales for these, so we might need to wait a bit or we might switch and deal with the fact these are not available at launch.

Anyway, we are getting closer folk's, the reveal will happen before Treyarchs reveal of CoDz (or will it)?

• Tech Admin

We wanted to share a wee bit more with you on the new update, this time showing you a larger image of a full page in working order. This page you can already see under the frontpage / maps but it's about integration into the site rather than being seperate entities.

You'll notice from this, the main menu and the links and you'll also see the user navigation (although this will be slightly different when launched, due to additional items being added).

Anyway, the main maps page for World at War and how it looks on the new site.

e15166d9306d4c1e83aadf0aa6196b67.gif

• Tech Admin

We've reached a bit of a milestone folk's, the community suite is officially out of beta and has now entered what is known as RC (release candidate) before it goes gold (final) - they plan on doing quick updates every few days until the system is as stable as possible.

You'll be glad to know that the software has

• zero pages of critical bugs
  • 5 pages of normal bugs (bugs which are not critical to the software, but could be an image of alignment slightly)
  • 5 bugs in total that are high priority but not critical

3rd party applications have already been released and in theory, we could switch over today (if we wanted too). We'll be waiting though until the gold version has been released (at a minimum) and potentially waiting until 2 or 3 third party apps have been released). Things have went from simmering, to near boiling. Der wunderfizz update is about to give us juggernaut.

• Tech Admin

I would say 4/8 weeks, although we have opened it up for you all to see a little bit, we still have a bit of work to do and we want to wait until certain things become available. It's RC which means release candidate but it doesn't mean it's gold yet (final). We also have 3rd party applications we want to be available before switching.

• 1 month later...
  • Tech Admin

We don't have anything to announce at the moment, the new suite has not got out of release candidate at the moment but they do say it will be soon. I have seen the new chat as well (not much as changed, just a rejig of what it looks like just now and responsive).

I'm hoping to have things move along quickly this monthly but I'm not putting a timescale on it, however we can't go on indefinitely but I don't want to run the site on a release candidate version (even if it is fully supported, which it is). We still need the medals system and a couple of others to be ready and I don't have answers to these.