Shock3600

Okay guys, there's been a lot circulating with Origins ending, some think it was just a game, some think Sam and Richtofen played this and Maxis brought it to life, however I have he solution.

My theory, is that the Origins end scene didn't literaly happen in a physical sense likes its shown, but since Sam is just a child this is how se comprehens what's going on in the real world while she's in control and when she's in Agartha. This would also explain points. Samantha views it as a game and so turns it into a game. When Richtofen takes control Maxis had destroyed the Rift so he couldn't change it and make it into real life again. To continue with this theory, sometime after Moon Sam, who would appear to still have some sway over the Aether considering zombies say 'SAM!', and was the last one with complete control over the zombies, managed to get into Agartha where she know threatens Richtofen's power. During this time she accidentally travels back in time trying to 'get back home' and apears Origins and contacts her father, and is soon released by the O.C. where returns to the post-apocalypse time. Thanks, hope you can bounce around ideas with me :D

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt that the Aether is hell or that origins took place in hell. There's no reason to point towards that. one very interesting thing though is it seems they are in an endless loop considering the constant references to loops including the cutscenes of die rise, motd, and the various quotes saying they[dont remember who, I think it was Richtofen when he's in w zombie body] must break the cycle. Samantha being in origins may be how the cycle is broken although it could simply be how it actually began.

• Administrators
I believe there are quotes from the games that suggest it may be, I'll try to find them. I do know that there's evidemce from GKNOVA6, Treyarch's Black Ops viral, that point to it, as well as circumstantial evidence dealing with Moon, the MPD, and ancient mythology.

……… I Just……..  :facepalm:

Nevermind, Also, there are many different aspects to think about: 

Look at maxis: Before the game starts he exists only as a body. Do not count his radios as those are a part of hell's scenery. Later on, maxis's consciousness joins the gang. In the real world, maxis's body dies a LONG time before the rest of him does in the richtofen buried ending. 

Furthermore, MOTD has MANY connections to a book by Dante wrote called "Inferno" in which Dante travels through the…. Nine? Is it Nine layers of hell ? It's either 9 or 7… Anyway, in MOTD the connections lie with: The 3 beast's head, the guard being named: brutus, purgatory, and many other things I can't recall right now, I made a thread on this a while back in the MOTD section, check it out. 

In Origins, the same principals apply, but not as in as many obvious ways: Massive beasts whom crush the muddy planes beneath them trapping the souls they stick to, then there's the staffs which each signify a different layer of hell 's punishment: Strong winds to wipe everything away, fire that burns souls to nothing, the lowest layer of hell is actually freezing, and then storms are a part of another layer.

Look at maxis: Before the game starts he exists only as a body. Do not count his radios as those are a part of hell's scenery. Later on, maxis's consciousness joins the gang. In the real world, maxis's body dies a LONG time before the rest of him does in the richtofen buried ending. 

Furthermore, MOTD has MANY connections to a book by Dante wrote called "Inferno" in which Dante travels through the…. Nine? Is it Nine layers of hell ? It's either 9 or 7… Anyway, in MOTD the connections lie with: The 3 beast's head, the guard being named: brutus, purgatory, and many other things I can't recall right now, I made a thread on this a while back in the MOTD section, check it out. 

In Origins, the same principals apply, but not as in as many obvious ways: Massive beasts whom crush the muddy planes beneath them trapping the souls they stick to, then there's the staffs which each signify a different layer of hell 's punishment: Strong winds to wipe everything away, fire that burns souls to nothing, the lowest layer of hell is actually freezing, and then storms are a part of another layer.

I to be honest don't agree with the Origins is hell theory for my own reasons but MotD is obviously connected to it. Dante wrote a poem called the Divine Comedy which contains three parts: Inferno, Purgatorio and Paradiso. Yes their are 9 layers of hell and 7 terraces of mount purgatory. Brutus was the lead person who assassinated Julius Caeser.

I never understood why Origins can't just be the beginning of the zombies story, I wouldn't be able to make sense of it without it. While their are many correlations to hell and such their are correlations to lots of things in maps that might not be true or could be coincidence. People were confused with Origins and it confused me that they were confused. The ending cutscene was bad but to be honest it was hinted at all the way back in Kino der Toten. Treyarch obviously made that cutscene for a reason it isn't just out of the blue but obviously they thought that people would understand it better than they actually do, not that I do.

• Administrators

I am excited to see the quotes and such you speak if. Can you say any specific ones? Also, if the Aether is Hell Agartha is most likely Heavan

I don't know any off the top of my head. To be honest, and I need to specify this to save my own ass haha, I don't think there are any that put the two in the same sentence or anything like that. If I remember correctly, they play into the circumstantial evidence (that also has nothing to do with Origins, due to its controversy). Give me some time to compile everything and I'll make a thread when I can, seeing as this thread isn't for this discussion. My apologies for throwing it off course.

I'm with @Nightmare Voyager though on his last sentence, we were certainly meant to understand this more than we do.

I am excited to see the quotes and such you speak if. Can you say any specific ones? Also, if the Aether is Hell Agartha is most likely Heavan

I don't know any off the top of my head. To be honest, and I need to specify this to save my own ass haha, I don't think there are any that put the two in the same sentence or anything like that. If I remember correctly, they play into the circumstantial evidence (that also has nothing to do with Origins, due to its controversy). Give me some time to compile everything and I'll make a thread when I can, seeing as this thread isn't for this discussion. My apologies for throwing it off course.

I'm with @Nightmare Voyager though on his last sentence, we were certainly meant to understand this more than we do.

Is their a post anywhere that actually just talks about the end cutscene without like any theories at the moment? I always feel as if it is to shrouded in them. Also I would like to hear more about your views on the Aether and Agartha, I believe the Aether is meant to be more of a heaven like place while Agartha isn't exactly the nicest of places as Sam wanted out of it. Or maybe they are both neither and they are just uncomprehendable.

I dknt understabd the whole maxis part. Could you explain it better? Also, I already knew MotD is hell. My best friend thinks it isn't and I alwaysbtry to convince him. Origins, however, I don't think so. The giant robots are just that, giant robots, and the staffs are more likely simply the 4 elements. It makes perfect anew for it to be in the real world and the beginning, I don't seen why people seem to insist it didn't actually happen.

Is their a post anywhere that actually just talks about the end cutscene without like any theories at the moment? I always feel as if it is to shrouded in them. Also I would like to hear more about your views on the Aether and Agartha, I believe the Aether is meant to be more of a heaven like place while Agartha isn't exactly the nicest of places as Sam wanted out of it. Or maybe they are both neither and they are just uncomprehendable. I think the Aether is kind of more like a gateway or a simple realm that bridges earth and Agartha wher you can go to control the zombies with the MTD. Agartha, is where all this came from, Vril, Element 115, all this otherworldly stuff that screws the world up. Sam wanted out badly for a simple reason: she's just a little girl who never wanted this and wants go home. Although some things point to some big much more sinister: Richtofen is right in Origins and Sam is something from Agartha, an evil deity that wishes to destroy the world. In order to do this it poses as Maxis's future daughter and convinced him to rescuer it although the OG ended up doing it. From there it either ended up becoming Maxis's daughter, or it didn't but was the reason Sam came to be.

I don't know any off the top of my head. To be honest, and I need to specify this to save my own ass haha, I don't think there are any that put the two in the same sentence or anything like that. If I remember correctly, they play into the circumstantial evidence (that also has nothing to do with Origins, due to its controversy). Give me some time to compile everything and I'll make a thread when I can, seeing as this thread isn't for this discussion. My apologies for throwing it off course.I'm with @Nightmare Voyager though on his last sentence, we were certainly meant to understand this more than we do.

Feel free to use this to discuss, that is one of the purposes of this thread: to propose my idea and discus possible alternatives and figure why so.

I dknt understabd the whole maxis part. Could you explain it better? Also, I already knew MotD is hell. My best friend thinks it isn't and I alwaysbtry to convince him. Origins, however, I don't think so. The giant robots are just that, giant robots, and the staffs are more likely simply the 4 elements. It makes perfect anew for it to be in the real world and the beginning, I don't seen why people seem to insist it didn't actually happen.

How maxis died: 

-His body was shot back on griffin station

- Years later, maxis's mind and AI was completely erased from existence by richtofen

How maxis entered hell

-His body was seen, but never moving. 

-Eventually maxis's brain is implemented into the map in the form of the AI. 

Plus, lets not forget that the weasel lived the same experience over and over for a long time until he was freed. Meanwhile, samantha also taunts richtofen with "you can't keep doing this forever richtofen, you know what has to happen". Or something like that. She hints to richtofen himself being in a cycle, just like richtofen at the end of the maxis buried easter egg. 

How maxis died: 

- Years later, maxis's mind and AI was completely erased from existence by richtofen

How maxis entered hell

Plus, lets not forget that the weasel lived the same experience over and over for a long time until he was freed. Meanwhile, samantha also taunts richtofen with "you can't keep doing this forever richtofen, you know what has to happen". Or something like that. She hints to richtofen himself being in a cycle, just like richtofen at the end of the maxis buried easter egg.

Hmm. I still disagree with it bring in hell, and I think the cycle is a time loop going around the whole story, not just this map.

How maxis died: 

How maxis entered hell

I dont think that you should be so dependent on one of the endings of Buried being real. We won't know what one is canon till the next game. Maxis could have got a new body or something after Origins, when he entered Agartha he could have gained the powers he sought in Buried and restarted the universe.

Ok, I am ending the quote monstrosity. 

Asts the beauty of the aether/heaven/argartha/hell theory, it's interdiminsional, meaning it exist in the same relevance of both endins. 

-In one world maxis died and entered the aether to break the cycle.

-In another world, maxis maintains the cycle and offers what he needs to break it, but will enviably end with him destroying his earth anyways and making his world irrelevant. Because he didn't "die" he could never help samantha in the way he should have.  

Ok, I am ending the quote monstrosity. 

Asts the beauty of the aether/heaven/argartha/hell theory, it's interdiminsional, meaning it exist in the same relevance of both endins. 

-In one world maxis died and entered the aether to break the cycle.

-In another world, maxis maintains the cycle and offers what he needs to break it, but will enviably end with him destroying his earth anyways and making his world irrelevant. Because he didn't "die" he could never help samantha in the way he should have.  

When did he break the cycle and enter the Aether? In Buried he accesses Agartha. Also in neither of those endings the cycle breaks we would know if it had broken as we wouldn't be back at Origins.

Origins is where the cycle breaks. 

Remember, argartha is interdiminsional, and exists as a land outside of perception, and reality. No matter what you chose, all worlds revolve into the aether/argartha combo. 

In worlds were maxis destroys the world, certain aspects of that world are transferred to argartha, however the world gets destroyed and it doesn't survive and is therefor irrelevant. 

In other worlds where richtofen is victor, the events of origins take place, leading to maxis's consciousness to retrieve samantha's body from the aether with richtofen's consciousness fallowing. 

Origins is where the cycle breaks. 

Remember, argartha is interdiminsional, and exists as a land outside of perception, and reality. No matter what you chose, all worlds revolve into the aether/argartha combo. 

In worlds were maxis destroys the world, certain aspects of that world are transferred to argartha, however the world gets destroyed and it doesn't survive and is therefor irrelevant. 

In other worlds where richtofen is victor, the events of origins take place, leading to maxis's consciousness to retrieve samantha's body from the aether with richtofen's consciousness fallowing. 

Do you have proof of the cycle breaking in Origins? You keep saying stuff that sounds as if you are saying it is fact not theory.