What about Remastered Zombies for Next-Gen?

I just recently had this idea. What if, during Treyarch's off-season, after they release Black Ops 3 or whatever it will be, they were to make a Remastered Version of all of the Zombie Maps? Just a standalone Zombies game. Filled with everything. The easter eggs. All of the same guns. Everything. 

The reason why I thought that this would be a good idea was because to be able to see the WaW Zombies maps remastered with the Next-gen graphics. How amazing would all of that look? To be honest, I don't really care when it would be released. I would just want it to happen. I rather wait longer for an amazing game, rather them rush it and it be terrible.

Just a thought. Tell me what you think.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If only Treyarch would listen to their fans and make things that are actually wanted. Yes, everyone wanted to play as a zombie but when they made Turned, that was a total let down. I just want them to actually remaster all of the maps for Next-gen. They would make tons of money just off that as a standalone.

Well it would take a lot of time. Once the next Treyarch game would come out, the Zombie team could work on it. If it takes two cycles to make the standalone, then so be it. I would rather wait a long time for them to actually make the standalone really good. I think that just because it would be a standalone zombie game with all of the maps remastered, I believe that a lot of people would get it and possibly attract some new people. 

I believe that if they were to do make the standalone, it would boost their motivation to make the zombie series even better than what it already is and potentially keep it going with the original characters. As long as they don't bring back the new crew, I'll be fine. 

I don't know that a lot of people would buy it. What are we talking 1 million, 2 million, 8 million sales? It would certainly make some headlines as a great deal, similar to MCC, but would it be profitable to do? If it was download only maybe? I have no idea. It would be a good way to gauge interest in a standalone zombies game in the event COD sales continue to decline.

I think that it would attract a lot of sales. The reason why is because it's something different in the Call of Duty series. It's not the typical Campaign, Multiplayer and whatever crappy co-op game mode besides zombies...i.e. Infinity Ward. The standalone would something different to the CoD series. I'm not saying it's going to win Game of the Year and surpass GTA V's release on Day 1. But I think that it could help the declining sales and be more of a relief type of game. Something different than a campaign and whatnot. Something that a lot of people would look forward too.

See, here was my recollection of it: 

The WAW would not be hard to port over, but to remaster would be SLIGHTLY more costly. 

The BO1 maps would be a bigger issue, needing to be re-mastered and rebuilt with things like "george A romero's" AI. 

Bo2 is the biggest issue, it requires a LOT of AI encoding and things linked between all maps. Like the ray gun M2. 

Obviously BO3's maps would not be included because they would need to be bought from the still-kind-of-selling-game right then. 

Then I did some math: 

Each BO1 and BO2 DLC cost 15USD (about) and roughly 50% of the effort went into the zombies maps (with the exclusion of "resurrection") but then I got to take cash back again for using re-used maps SO: 

Kino:  3.25

Five:  6.50

DOA: ----Not sure----

Ascension: 9.75

COTD: 13.00

Shangri-la: 16.25

Moon: 19.50

Tranzit: 22.75

Nuketown: (same price) 26.00

Die-rise: 29.25

Mob of the Dead: 32.50

Buried: 35.75

Origins: 39.00

---Easier maps get the price reduced---

Nact: 41.25

Verruct: 43.50

Shi-no-numa: 45.75

Der Reise: 48.00

Now add in some extra for 

-New and returning VS maps (Greif) 

-Improved leaderboards

-Sideproject funding. 

And the total cost per-game would be about 60$USD just as much as an average game. So: 

What I would do, is make "zombies Classic" available from the XBL market, or PSNMarket or whatever, and then give those who pre-order BO3, or the game after that, get access to zombies: Classic before any others in a 40$ extra pre-order package. That would maximize sales IMO. 

Well it would take a lot of coding to make all these maps so we could just replay them for the thousandth time as slightly prettier versions. They could just really use their time and make better zombies experience on the next game. I'd like to play good new maps than all those old ones that I have already played for countelss hours and that I know inside out.

I honestly don't understand why so many want to play the same old maps that they could just play by taking that old game from the shelf. Sure they would be fun for a while but honestly they hardly add anything new. And next to you know they become repetitive. And to top it off making these remastered versions would only take developement time away from new maps.

I paid for the W@W maps, then I was forced to pay for them again in Black Ops to get Moon. I ain't paying for the third time to replay those old maps.

The issue M., is that many people traded their last-gen consoles for next-gen tech. And while that's all fine and dandy, they've lost the ability to play any zombie map we know of. 

Furthermore: 

-Re-mastering means cleaning, so a lot of the games of shangri-la, moon, and ascension can be played without their stupid glitches and hacked lobbys. 

-There would likely be more game mode maps, so one could play maps like nact and COTD with griefs and turned.