Question about Ascension's monkey rounds

In the zombies map Ascension there are space monkeys that come every 5 rounds or so and steal your perks. If they attach themselves to the perk machine and damage it, does the health for the perk machine reset by the time the new monkey round starts? On the call of duty wiki it says the machines start with 100 hp and the monkeys do 8 damage when you're close to the machine and 1 damage when you're far. For example, if the monkey hits the perk machine 7 times when you're close to it, 7x8=56, so the machine has already taken 56 damage. Does this mean that when the next monkey round starts the machine will only take 6 hits for it to be disabled? Or does the perk machine's health reset to 100 every new monkey round? I haven't found a definite answer to this yet.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok thanks guys. In the back of my mind I knew it had to reset because if it didn't, making it to the higher rounds with the perks intact would be impossible. I've seen videos of rounds going into the 200s and the monkeys take the perks in about 5 seconds.

That might be because at this point of the game, they likely have every door opened up, and can't afford to have claymores stacked around the machines anymore to delay the monkeys from pouncing on the machines.  Stacks of claymores can be "the straw that breaks the camels back" so to speak, causing the RAM memory to overload and crash the game.  At that high of round, you have to pull extra measures to keep the memory calculations down.

Plus when they added the Mule Kick machine, it just makes monkey rounds extra chaotic.  They now have one more target, which makes it harder for you to defend any of them.

- Mix

The only machines you really need to protect are QR and Jugg.  My strategy is to leave only one way to Jugg, and that's through the door right next to QR.  So you can protect both of them from the same position.

Also, claymores are your friends if you know how to use the right.  You can kill a lot of monkeys with properly placed claymores, or at the very least slow them down.  In the later situation, use them to give you an audio signals of where the monkeys are coming and going.

The machine gun turret can help kill a lot of monkeys too, and let you know if there are monkeys in it's area.  But it can also accidentially kill you too if you get caught up in a cross fire between it and a monkey.  So activate it wisely if at all.

- Mix