Origins ending: New idea

Stop Mocking Me0

Ok so I took some time and though about some things, and I came up with a new ending for origins that's RELEVANT to the story: 

We know that samantha in richtofen's body is lost to argartha, we know the other 3 O4 characters are MIA, we know that in the richtofen easter egg maxis dies. 

Now lets' sum this up: 

In origins we see: 

Tank

Nikolai

Takeo
Maxis's body, which arrives before maxis' consciousness

Samantha's consciousness

Richtofen 

Then in the cutscene we see: 

Fluffy

Samantha's body and voice that does NOT sound like hers

Richtofen

Maxis' VOICE only. 

Now, take for a second and look at Mob of the Dead, I did a theory a bit back on THAT map, developed by the same "team" (alongside the zombies team of course let's not make this topic about THAT), and at the end of the day, I felt there was enough evidence to show that MOTD was infact hell, as there are many references to dante's "Infero" (Italian for "Hell") 

Now, ponder a second the idea that ORIGINS, is hell. 

"Well that's crazy mocking what proof is there?" 

Well we KNOW origin's timeline does NOT match up with the regular timeline. Infact, by some means, there aren't even soposed to be ZOMBIES in this time possibly… BUT, looking back at MOTD, there weren't so posed to be zombies there either. 

But mocking, the zombie's eyes aren't red: They are every color BUT red… Well I'll get to THAT part later. 

NOW, for the most compelling coincidence I've found so far: 

Maxis

Like the regular maxis, his body is constantly kept in a different place of his consciousness. 

What's interesting is that We don't get to see maxis in his own body, we see his body enter, THEN his consciousness enter long after that with the quad rotor. Outside, maxis' body was dead and gone LONG before his consciousness was. Weird how that would happen in origins, just as it happened IRL… 

Moving on, origins does share similar likeliness with "Inferno" again.   One of the layers of hell depicts a beast that flies and breaths fire, another depicts discussing mud everywhere. Other chapters reveal bits on giant creatures that stalk and crush the subjects of hell. This isn't as direct as MOTD's connections, but I think that's still enough connection for me. 

Now, next we're moving on to the cutscene. 

I've already shown how the "aether" is the bedroom, where richtofen controls sam, who in turn controls the "game" of zombies. 

Also, for anyone that thinks maxis saying "lock the windows" is weird, it isn't. During WW2 bombings, it was common for thieves to sneak in and steal your things while you hid in your shelter. Don't believe me? Go watch "Doctor who" Season 1: The Empty Child. 

What is weird is that maxis SOUNDS like he's on an intercom system, but, if this is WW2 (given by the bombing siren and gramophone and style of the room), why and HOW is he talking via intercom? Sure they may have had things like that during WW2, but they were much clunkier and NOT installed in average houses. 

I purpose that the maxis we hear is actually maxis's consciousness, in the quad rotor. 

So here's the story of maxis so far: 

He joined 935, he did all his shiz with WW2, betraying richtofen, bla bla bla. BURIED: Here we get the RICHTOFEN ending. This mean maxis is KILLED and sent to HELL for trying to destroy the earth and costing the lives of BILLIONS. His body has been in hell for a long time now, sitting and waiting. Only now does his consciousness come in. Eventually the O4 put this into the quad rotor and complete the easter egg. By sending maxis up into the light, we put him in the same position as weasel, who ascended  INTO heaven/the aether.  Once in the aether he "frees" samantha from richtofen's grip, bringing her into the basement.. Whatever that is. 

The light the O4 see is likely the light of them returning to their physical-world bodies. 

Now there is a big loop hole in this: Richtofen. He IS present in Origins. 

Now here's my take on him: We see samantha's voice in argartha, but not her body. Her body is in the aether. Her mind, which was swapped with richtofen's mind/body was then killed with the other 3 of the O4. 

The dead richtofen's body then regressed to his BASE Psyche: Meaning the richtofen that would be richtofen if he had never teleported that day. Resulting in the memories of pre-madness richtofen. It's likely due to THIS that THIS particular time was chosen. The 4 had been together for very long, but never with the ORIGINAL richtofen, they only met him, if ever, once in WW1: Origins. 

We know that hell is capable of manipulating memory. So there's an explanation to why everyone thinks this is 1918.

The beings in the aether are controlling the "dolls" of argartha. This we know: Blue and Yellow eyes. However, this brings up my biggest question: 

What is the Purple eye zombie's controller? 

It's not the first time a 3rd "hidden" controller has been hinted either: 

The voices in Die rise, what they say doesn't seem like it comes from Maxis or Richtofen. In the cutscene it's revealed that richtofen sometimes sounds like that, but again, these quotes REALLY don't sound like him.

There's something else IN the aether, and what it is… Isn't happy… 

Anyway, that's my new favorite theory! Any appropriate response is appreciated!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely agree about the map taking place in "hell" like MotD does. I did a theory on this a while ago and the main thing I have trouble trying to explain is the Cutscene. Why they are the same age and have American accents is very tricky to try and theorize about, other than its all really a kids game or its not them. But one of the biggest things in the map that point to it being a hell like map are the radios. To me, they are the same as the Weasel's journal. It shows Maxis thinking he's living a past event, but is slowly piecing things together much like the Weasel did. So I think this place is his hell just like MotDs is Weasel's. And just like his nightmare ends with the other three inmates killing him like in real life and restarting the cycle, Maxis' nightmare ends with Richtofen like he did in real life.

This might be the event of when Maxis first discovers 115 and leads to the forming Group 935, hence the Giants and 115 everywhere. Or maybe its just a combination of events torturing him in a WWI setting, which he probably fought in. Then Sam tries to guide him out of there. But she tells us her father was so close. So maybe he did enough to free himself from the place but never made it to Argatha. That's how he ends up in the electronics on the Moon and later maps.   

The 4 heroes could have ended up there after Maxis lets the world fall apart, or maybe they just died on Moon. Perhaps even teleported there on purpose. The opening cutscene makes it look like Richtofen just got there, not knowing whats going on, so the other three could have been trapped here for a while since they died before Richtofen. I agree with you that the purple eyed zombies are probably controlled by something else and they are guarding this place that's a door way to Argatha. Its also weird that the doorway is a shrine to the O4. Maybe the heroes are supposed to travel to Argatha to stop Maxis and the purple zombies are his trying to stop us. Or maybe just a defense the Argathians can't control, like how the zombies still attack us even if we are helping whoever is in charge.

So I think something other than Sam wants them to make it to Argatha. And if this is the case, and this storyline continues, the next game could be really interesting. An Argatha setting could produce crazy maps like MotD and Origins with interesting enemies, and maybe allow us a chance to stop Maxis and still save the world. This could even allow for old maps to be put back in the storyline and upgraded, since they could be versions of the players hells they have to get through.

One really interesting twist would be if they gave us a continuing boss to fight over the course of a couple of maps. A physical boss. The Weasel was aided as well when he escapes his hell. So imagine if something pulled him out of MotD to use him to fight us. A mutated Weasel, like George, voiced by Joe Pantoliano would be classic. Each map EE could involve us having to fight a newer version of him, like he's Maxis' goon, or whoever is in charge. Would be awesome if he was just dropped in as we complete steps towards each maps EE. 

I agree with you that the purple eyed zombies are probably controlled by something else and they are guarding this place that's a door way to Argatha. Its also weird that the doorway is a shrine to the O4. 

My assumption with the templar zombies was that they got infected by the 115 meteors that fell to Earth hundreds of years ago that caused possibly the first ever outbreak of zombies and they were walled in to this temple as a way of containing the infection, which then is released in the opening sequence becoming the Origins to our story, but not the actual Origins of the first ever outbreak.

It does not explain why there is a gateway to Agartha though or why there is statues of the original 4 within the excavation site. Even though the Germans found this site, why was it there originally? What were the templars doing with it? Where they trying to reach Agartha also? If so then why? My assumption to the purple eyes is that they are the colour of none controlled zombies or they are supposed to be blue so we get a mixed up mess of both colours as this event is taking place in a paradox created by combination of Maxis, Samantha and Richtofens messing with the timelines.

Still... as complex as the storyline to Origins and to a lesser extent BO2 zombies in general is, I still can't look past that ending. It was just too blatent and obvious to what it was trying to suggest. To even believe it could be taking place in Agartha would be utterly ridiculous and would make the storyline a joke in my opinion.

Yeah, the final cutscene is just so out of place that it must be just kids playing. But then I still can't accept that since they leave so many other things open in the story line. Just frustrating to think about and kind of killed the next game speculation since the ending is so vague. Its either kids playing, which means the story is meaningless, or a giant bowl of "What the hell is going on" with very little explanation, which doesn't give us much to talk about in the off season since any theory is stomped on by that final cutscene. 

But I do like your take on the Templars. Reminds me of the Exorcist Beginning movie where the crusaders built the temple around that spot in the desert where Lucifer landed to hold in the evil. Would love to just some some answers to the story in the next game, but we will most likely never get anything. I'd give my left nut if the gave us a cutscene at the Dice Summit in Feb. Something that hints at where the story might be going and lets us talk about it for the year. Again though, highly doubt it. 

Personally I'd take "WTF is going on" over "All the research and easter eggs and theories of yours are bullshit and useless" any day, any true zombies fan would take that. Also, I think it'd be the most epic "got ya!" of all time if they let us thing for 2 years that zombies is just a story made up by kids. 

As for the summit. I don't want a cutscene I want a secret easter egg WE have to look for and find to obtain a cutscene. 

• 2 months later...

Wow... I'm really late when it comes to seeing this, but damn, this theory is good. 

Hell, it's way better than the "kids just playing a game" option, and better than my old thoughts on it. At first, I took the ending literally, thinking that everything was a game that Sam turned into reality when she took control. But this gives me hope. Great Job! :) 

Wow... I'm really late when it comes to seeing this, but damn, this theory is good. 

Hell, it's way better than the "kids just playing a game" option, and better than my old thoughts on it. At first, I took the ending literally, thinking that everything was a game that Sam turned into reality when she took control. But this gives me hope. Great Job! :)

Thanks! For a second there I thought this idea would be forgotten! 

• 1 month later...

I don't know where I'm trying to go with this, but what if we weren't supposed to complete the egg in Origins.

What I mean is, while playing as Nikolai (solo) while doing the steps for upgrading the ice staff. Once you freeze the tombstones then shoot them, his response is "We will pay for our actions."

Then there's that hidden picture that makes up the O4 holding the staves (looks to be VERY OLD). As well as there shrine at the bottom of the mound (Again looks VERY OLD).

Ok Josh where are you going with this.

Well on Round 10 & every 4-5 Rounds after, (4) Guardians appear (wearing the same robes) & there only mission is destroying the generators. You can attack them, but they NEVER attack you.

My question is, could they be the O4 from the past & the picture trying to stop us/themselves in our current form, from completing whatever for whoever in Origins.

There are more than four templars that attack the generator, I played Origins last night and was looking at 6 or 7 of them.

There are more than four templars that attack the generator, I played Origins last night and was looking at 6 or 7 of them.

On solo when they spawn in on round 10 & every few rounds after that there are always only 4. No more no less, & they never attack you.

On solo? I meant on co op. Maybe there is meant to be four but it scales depending on how many players? Either way at the weekend I will go look into it and see if that is the case or not.

I solo, there's defiantly more then 4 templars. I'm almost 100% sure of that...

No there isn't. I'm playing the map right now & trust me there's not. Horde the 4 up & no more spawn in. Don't kill any.

So what? This theory has been debunked already, there are more than 4 for certain in co-op. End of story, let it go lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Mocking, dude, this is a fantastic theory, I love it! I love the idea of it being in hell. I can't believe I never pieced it together like this before. Mind you, I feel ashamed to say that I'm not 100% up to date on all easter eggs and lore to do with Origins. I need to research/play it some more.

I don't know where I'm trying to go with this, but what if we weren't supposed to complete the egg in Origins.

What I mean is, while playing as Nikolai (solo) while doing the steps for upgrading the ice staff. Once you freeze the tombstones then shoot them, his response is "We will pay for our actions."

Then there's that hidden picture that makes up the O4 holding the staves (looks to be VERY OLD). As well as there shrine at the bottom of the mound (Again looks VERY OLD).

Well on Round 10 & every 4-5 Rounds after, (4) Guardians appear (wearing the same robes) & there only mission is destroying the generators. You can attack them, but they NEVER attack you.

My question is, could they be the O4 from the past & the picture trying to stop us/themselves in our current form, from completing whatever for whoever in Origins.

​Whether this has been debunked or not, I love this idea. It's clever!

By the way, what hidden pictures and mound are you refering to? I'm not sure I know of/have seen these.

​Whether this has been debunked or not, I love this idea. It's clever!

By the way, what hidden pictures and mound are you refering to? I'm not sure I know of/have seen these.

Maybe that http://nsa38.casimages.com/img/2015/04/16/150416121149248915.png