How to survive without Jug

TheAgalon

Hey, I keep Dying between the round 5 and 10 because of the various zombies speed.

Usually jug falls on round 10+ because i'm unlucky as hell and I can't reach this round.

When I watch videos of other peoples it seems pretty easy for them, but me, I can't dodge zombies, they keep tap/double tap me.

Anyone has tips or training to survive without jug and dodge the zombies ?

Thx

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What rounds do you really start to have problems with?  As early as 5?

Good advice for no Jugg, not specific to Nuketown -

Use closed doors.  Let's say it's round 7, which has around 28 zombies.  If you can survive the first 15 seconds of a round say, and then open a door every zombie is behind you.  It's much easier to control a hoard coming through a single doorway, especially when you have an AK.  So you will only have 4 new zombies spawn.

You can do this pretty much every round until you run out of doors.  Then use spawn control (look for a video on old Nuketown WRs, they probably used it).

Outside of the above, you gotta practice mate.  These are tips to control spawns, but dodgeability is something else entirely.

Another user asked for the below video a while back, maybe it will help you somewhat but the spawns at 20 are much different than at say 7.  At 7 it's definitely going to harder than what I'm showing.

• 4 weeks later...

If you don't open any doors on nuketown, the zombies keep spawning at their original places. Once you open either of the houses, they start to spawn from the ground and become more if a hassle to predict. If you keep them closed, it plays as if they only spawn from either side of nuketown, and not from middle. I'm 95% sure can open the trailer also, and that doesn't affect it.

What's your sensitivity at? I've always been a believer in "higher the sensitivity, higher the elusiveness"

My tip for no perks is run a weaker gun, reason being you can spam points and kill zombies with a lesser spawn in. Reason being if you wipe out a horde you have 24 new ones spawn in as apposed to a constant readable flow of just a few zombies. Only until you get jug

All honesty, I bet you 70% do not know about the magical number of -24-. I thought it was a "everybody knows this" but most either don't know, do not believe it, or think it's a lie! But that's some of the best advise you can ever get, thumbs up!

There will never be more then 24 zombies on a map at once.

My tip for no perks is run a weaker gun, reason being you can spam points and kill zombies with a lesser spawn in. Reason being if you wipe out a horde you have 24 new ones spawn in as apposed to a constant readable flow of just a few zombies. Only until you get jug

All honesty, I bet you 70% do not know about the magical number of -24-. I thought it was a "everybody knows this" but most either don't know, do not believe it, or think it's a lie! But that's some of the best advise you can ever get, thumbs up!

There will never be more then 24 zombies on a map at once. Unless there's more than one player, in which case it does go up.

@OP. Choppers advice is really sound, but you might need to go back to basics altogether if you're struggling with round 5-7.

I learnt zombies on Nuketown and Town. I got good from resilience.

My advice:

load up a game of Town. How far do you get without Jug. Now how far do you get with Jug?

Learn where the zombies spawn from. Don't get caught up with the whole idea of camping everywhere. Learn to move around without panicking if there's two zombies infront of you.

Once you can last past round 5-7 on Town, you'll hack Nuketown a bit easier.

Two of the best pieces of advice regarding zombies I've ever received:

1) if there's two zombies blocking your path, always run at one zombie if you don't have jug. You can take two hits. If you run through the middle of the two zombies, you'll probably get hit by both of them, you're now down. If you pick to hit into one, often you'll only get once, and pass the zombie. Also, learn to jump in the situation too. Often you jump out of reach.

2) one random guy I was in a lobby once was going ham (or so I thought back in the day) it was round 20, and he hasn't got a down. I'd gone down several times. I said to him "how the hell are you doing that man?!" to which he responded "bro, when you realise how close you can get to them, it becomes a lot easier". That ones more confusing, but as you learn to escape and survive you'll understand it.

My last set of advice is watch lots of people, particularly on YouTube. I really rate Ali-a. (gonna get hate for that) He's not a particularly good zombies player, but he's brilliant at explaining stuff, particularly if you're at a beginners level.

Even if you know someone who's a really good zombies player, ask if you can watch them. Go down at the beginning of a round, and see what they do.

What rounds do you really start to have problems with? As early as 5?

Good advice for no Jugg, not specific to Nuketown -

Use closed doors. Let's say it's round 7, which has around 28 zombies. If you can survive the first 15 seconds of a round say, and then open a door every zombie is behind you. It's much easier to control a hoard coming through a single doorway, especially when you have an AK. So you will only have 4 new zombies spawn.

You can do this pretty much every round until you run out of doors. Then use spawn control (look for a video on old Nuketown WRs, they probably used it).

Outside of the above, you gotta practice mate. These are tips to control spawns, but dodgeability is something else entirely.

Another user asked for the below video a while back, maybe it will help you somewhat but the spawns at 20 are much different than at say 7. At 7 it's definitely going to harder than what I'm showing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSjVJs-3gH8

Since Destiny, I keep looking at my PS3. It's not connected up, and I just can't be bothered to set it up.

That video is zombies for me. Adaptation. Learning to survive, no matter what.

When I get home, I'm loading up Nuketown, and I'm going to beat my record.

Thanks Chopper, for all of the inspiration!

2) one random guy I was in a lobby once was going ham (or so I thought back in the day) it was round 20, and he hasn't got a down. I'd gone down several times. I said to him "how the hell are you doing that man?!" to which he responded "bro, when you realise how close you can get to them, it becomes a lot easier". That ones more confusing, but as you learn to escape and survive you'll understand it.

This is this -

Here's my video of getting to Round 51 solo.  On this run, Jugg was literally the last perk machine to drop.  I went 28 rounds without it, and without getting dropped by zombies.  That gave me the confidence boost to just keep try-harding my way to a high score.

Watch how I group and run my trains in the backyard.  I keep circling the big center area as much as possible.  I only duck under the stairs or into the garden if there are absolutely no other alternatives at the moment.  I do it that way because there's always a risk of getting caught shooting through the tighter gaps.  And like others have said, you have to get a feel for how close you really can get to them without getting hurt.

One thing that I find key to surviving without Jugg on this map is to control the spawns as much as possible.  Do not kill any zombies until you have all 24 in a tight train.  Then when you do kill zombies, only kill up to 4 at a time.  Wait for those few zombies to spawn back in and join the train before killing again.  Rinse, Lather, Repeat as much as needed.

lead_psychopath don't hate on my boy Ali-A.  You know I made his gfx for him, right? lol

- Mix