How to fix the story

A lot of people have stated that they would actually prefer that the storyline be hashed and that future maps should contain no story whats-so-ever.    

I understand why people would say this: BO2 zombies was horrible. It was downright unforgivable…. 

But I really don't think removing the story is a good idea. WE LOVE the story, it's fantastic. Why drop it? 

That would mean the end of easter eggs, the end of richtofen quotes… It'd be madness… '

SO: I've created this thread to help find ways to fix the storyline: 

Some main things that must be dealt with: 

- The different endings: we either need to pick one and go with it, or find a way to satisfy both… 

- Bring back the feel of forbidden science, in BO2 many of the maps weren't even necessarily to do with 935. 

-Show what happened to the O4 and Samantha. 

-That G-D Origins ending. 

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I think should happen: 

While both richtofen and Maxis think they've won. They haven't both experienced miscalculations in their plans, both of which caused rips in the earth, eventually Misty, Samule, Russman, and Marelton found themselves falling into the rift. Unexpectedly the rift flash-freezes after a certain length of drop. This also effects richtofen, sam's body, and maxis, causing them to almost disappear. (Should one have received richtofen's ending the cycle continues) 

Time goes by, eventually humanity rebuilds under the leadership of the US, the Japanese, the Chinese, Germans, Britons, Russians, and the "Southern Republic". Zombies are all but eradicated over the years. Mankind moves to start constructing massive feats of scientific progress, despite it's severe drop in population. Over the years research peaks worldwide. Scientist all over the world are researching the zombies, 115, and everything else. Eventually, this period is mulled over by a period of  rebuilding. 100 years after the events of buried, three simple college students and a professor will work against an ancient evil to stop the zombies and uncover the mysteries left behind by the O4, the N4 and societies one barely even begins to understand. 

Start a new one. The old story got conclusion anyway.

No it didn't. 

Well I have been trought this so many times but Buried was the last map and ending for the new crew story. Origins was the ending for the whole zombies story. Treyarch knew they had to cut off the loose ends.

Edited by Matuzz

No it didn't. 

Well I have been trought this so many times but Buried was the last map and ending for the new crew story. Origins was the ending for the whole zombies story. Treyarch knew they had to cut off the loose ends.

Please, humor me, explain how origins finished anything, and for the love of god if you say "it was all a kids game" I'll respond with: "My dad has a plan"...

No it didn't. 

Please, humor me, explain how origins finished anything, and for the love of god if you say "it was all a kids game" I'll respond with: "My dad has a plan"...

Well it was kids imagination game. Treyarch made it extremely clear that everything of our story up to the cut scene was a game playd by two children. By doing that they ended the old story. The cut scene in a way is and is not part of the old story. They may continue a new story that follows what happens after the cut scene or create a completely new story. Either way the story has ended for the old crew, new crew, Samantha and Maxis.

To me, there's plenty of ways to continue the story, it's just a matter of counteracting the events of BO2. 

It's a good story,  it can be continued, in SO many ways: and that's kind of what this thread is about. Hence the title: how to FIX the story, not chuck it and start over. 

Maxis's destruction of the earth releases the grand evil: RichtoSam, Richtofen, the O3, the N4 and maxis must team up to take down the grand evil. 

After possessing samuel and many others world wide, it is revealed that misty is actually harboring the consciousness of samantha and begins another battle for the aether. 

Upon reaching the basement, samantha sees fluffy didn't make it down. Despite maxis's voice's pleas she returns upstairs to bomb fire which is her way of seeing that the MPD is allowing richtofen to control her mind. Richtofen then reveals his true form and that the world around sam is argartha. To compensate, samantha brings in the N4 to help either richtofen or samantha take control of samantha's mansion, and utterly, samantha herself. 

A new group arrives and makes their way to some kind of site that lets them change the outcome of the Richtofen or Maxis storyline. 

SO many ways to fix this. 

• 2 weeks later...

This is ridiculous. First off, BO2 zombies map, Origins, did close (with a definitive line) the storyline.

Samantha and Edward, the two children in the cut scene, were obviously Samantha, the zombie controlling child, and Edward (Richtofen) was the "mad" scientist. Maxis is their father. Samantha has no mother, and Edwards parents died in WW2 Germany, he was later adopted my Maxis. if we go back to the FIRST zombies map, Nacht der Untoten, we don't get any storyline, apart from the obvious introduction to zombies. Despite several (million) protests, this map has nothing to do with the Samantha storyline. Then we progress to the dlc, which also has minimal info regarding the Samantha storyline, but does give information on the "origins" of the zombies that we've run into so far. Agreed? Good.

Continuing to the Black Ops Storyline... We get introduced to the Kino der Toten map, which, to the best of my knowledge, still sheds no light on where Treyarch planned to go with anything, but gave the feel that they were just winging it at the time, to keep their games selling. However, Kino did introduce two things that near every map has now. Teleporters and songs. Kino, though not in the same concept, did introduce Easter eggs and basic storyline.

Again to the best of my knowledge, only the dlc Moon, had anything to do with Sam. But before I get into moon, I want to give kudos to the accursed map with George, the director. It was the first map to actually introduce an in-depth story, and it is my PERSONAL belief, that it was a test run to see if Treyarch could use the Samantha storyline, and get it to sell.

Moon..... I hate moon..... Samantha gets (actually) introduced. You then proceed to free her from the tomb she is locked in... for no reason. Edward then takes over the "game" and becomes the main man. He nukes the earth, WITH YOUR HELP, I might add.... jerks.... anyway, and the map ends.

BO2 intro....

Tranzit.... again.... HATE.... but.... oh well. So here we get to pick a side.... "Good" or "Evil". Mr Richtofen (aka Ed) was in control of moon, but it would seem Samantha is back in control of the game, and gives you the choice to follow her brother or father, and either eradicate, or further, the zombie horde. After the (rather pointless) events of transit, we find ourselves in the "wtf, is this filler, maps..." Buried, and (Alcatraz) whatever the name is, are non-canon, and have no point, apart from buying time. And who can forget the *cough* lovely *cough* Die Rise..... I know I did..... anyway. I didn't care for the map, and never did the storyline, sorry....

Finally Origins.... So far nothing of major note has really happened, apart from the destruction of earth, the release of billions of zombies, and the battle for control of said zombies. However, in origins, we find out many interesting things. The origins of said zombies, for example... Well treyarch closed that door on themselves, with the whole, "Zombies pre-date Templars gig....." so now there cant be an in-depth origin on the origins..... I know, confusing...

Then we have the fact that Maxis is dead. Future storyline event, question mark?

anyway, Sam leads Richtofen, and the others to.... eradicate?..... the zombie horde? I didn't really get that part either...

But the cutscene tells all. Ed and Sam are playing a game (possibly based on a real life outbreak of zombies?) and Sam is in charge of the rules... The bomb sirens go off, which makes me believe its just a common WW2 bombing raid, and therefore there is not an actual outbreak of zombies.... In the background, you can see a toy box with a question mark on it. (Mystery box) You can see character action figures. (Tranzit) and you can see Sam and Edwards names on a (Bottle?) thing, with tally marks underneath. These marks (perhaps) refer to how many stories each has told.

With this information, we can assume one of four things, that would actually make sense....

1: The entire zombies storyline is a childs game, and the reason there are zombies is because that is how the children see the german nazis. The storyline will progress with Edward telling the story in the next zombies game. (Most likely futuristic, seeing as Sams story was based in the past and present.) (Probable)

2: The zombies franchise has ended. (Unlikely)

3: Treyarch will introduce an entirely new zombies franchise, with none of the same characters... (slim)

4: The story will continue, but in real life, starring Maxxis, Edward, Samantha, and a fourth, who has likely been depicted in the games already...  The story will commence with Maxxis creating zombies, using his own blood on accident, and sam having the power to control them.... (Most likely to happen after 1)

You honestly think they'll make a game where a CHILD is seen killing anything? There are rules about that kind of thing… Child abuse is one thing but having both a boy and girl under the age of 15 killing zombies? That doesn't sit well. 

Not to mention, the idea that richtofen and sam in the origins cutscene could just be the two in the aether. We know fluffy, richtofen, and sam are in the aether, so here's my take: 

The story ends on the richtofen side of the buried easter egg. 

Origins is argartha, otherwise known as hell, for the original 4 characters. Richtofen is the richtofen who was put into the aether in the maxis easter egg at the end of an alternate universe. 

Samantha is in argartha, we know this. However she can also be in the aether being controlled by richtofen. In "Origins" samantha uses the other argartha-trapped heroes to send maxis to the aether. In the aether maxis is able to manipulate samantha, much like how richtofen has manipulated samantha into believing zombies is a game, that the living characters (seen under the bed post), are just characters for her to manipulate. 

It's a matter of grasping where each consciousness lies: There are two sams: One in the aether (bedroom) being controlled by richtofen, but occasionally taking control, all a part of richtofen's game to make her consciousness believe this is a game. 

Meanwhile the hell-bound samantha is being manipulated with maxis who tried to destroy the earth, but ended up being killed by richtofen and sent here, and the other argarthian bound heroes: Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and Richtofen. Richtofen is likely the embodiment of samantha, as we know the fully-aware samantha is in richtofen's body. 

Sure you can call my story a hoax and un-reasonable, but in reality there's a lot of lose holes: Why does richtofen have trouble possessing samule? What happens to the earth after maxis save samantha? What happened to the O4 and the N4? So many holes that I honestly don't think trayarch will leave for use to "decide amongst ourselves". 

Or the best bet: Erase the BO2 storyline, pretend it never happened, and live up to the promise that Moon set. Continue on with the original crew, along with RichtoSam, and have them fight zombies in a destroyed Area 51, and follow up from there. Oh, and did I mention keep the original crew?

Edited by xV1NT4GE_K1NGx

Also, I know this doesn't have much to do with the story, but what the hell happened to the easter egg song previews when you died? It's a nitpick, but I find it completely retarded how Treyarch went out of there way to change zombies the way they did.Zombies used to be fun and simple with a storyline that was intense but easy to understand. All of that was ruined once the dreaded TranZit came out.

Well… Tranzit did end with asian sounding music, Die-rise ended with what sounded like a jail door being slammed, but then MOTD actually had a regular end music, a bad ending music, and a good ending music. That would have aligned with buried. But then buried ended with… a western toon… And origins with violin epicness… So really in this case it was a buried screw up NOT transits. 

Tranzit one, buried about 50…. 

Well… Tranzit did end with asian sounding music, Die-rise ended with what sounded like a jail door being slammed, but then MOTD actually had a regular end music, a bad ending music, and a good ending music. That would have aligned with buried. But then buried ended with… a western toon… And origins with violin epicness… So really in this case it was a buried screw up NOT transits. 

Tranzit one, buried about 50…. 

Tranzit's game over song actually sounds a lot like it's loading music, Lovesong for a Deadman. Both obviously inspired by music like Earth Angel.

Die Rise is the only one that foreshadows the setting of the next map. The rest of the map's ending music is in the same theme as the rest of the music in the map. (Buried western, Origins violins guitar)

• 3 weeks later...

The story is definetly not over any to suggest that I truly worry about. The origins ending was a beginning in a way. Treyarch realized how bad they ruined the new 4 story and just ended there's in buried. The origins ending gave us what we wanted but most people took it the wrong way. They found a way to bring it back to the o4 story while keeping every possibly open for the next game. The cutscene was trying to hint that there is many more to come