Possible Zombies Collection for next gen consoles?

There has been a lot of speculations about whether or not zombies will continue on and eventually move to PS4/Xbox One. From what we know there has been confirmed fakes on Amazon and Gamestop about "Zombies Collection" which in sense is, from what I've heard, just all the zombies maps put into one game. I think this would be a game that a lot of people buy. Treyarch is bankrupt and if they can sum the money to make a version like this there profit would go through the roof giving them a lot more money to create future games. I personally hope that this will indeed happen seeing as though I've sold my PS3 for my PS4. World at War- Black Ops 2 zombies maps would be great as just one multiplayer game. Would the community be excited if this happened? Yes! Would the game be popular? Hell yea! If anyone wants to add anything to this please add anything that would lead to further information on any upcoming game leaks.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Treyarch is bankrupt? Since Activision is worth close to 20 bbbbbillion dollhairs, and they own 3arc, I doubt it.

That said, I would pay any amount of money for a zombies collection. If they did it as a dlc, it would be fine by me.

As for Treyarch, they are fine. COD may be losing some steam, but it is as of Ghosts one of the biggest games on the planet, constantly selling in the 15 million or more range, and Treyarch is seen among the masses (especially after Ghosts) as the premier COD developer, and Zombies is by far the most popular COD mode outside of the multi.

Yeah… Trayarch is anything BUT poor, people still buy BO2 and 1 for zombies today, where people stopped buying MW3 a year ago because it's completely obsolete. (Generally)

I'm thinking the OP thought 3arc was THQ, which went bankrupt.

Still I hope they bring all the maps to the new COD. That would certainly help everyone let go of the Dino machines. Do it as a pre order bonus, or as extra dlc in a "zombies season pass" or something. Hell even sell the maps individually for a reasonable price.

I know I'm not the average person (when it comes to zombies fandom), but I would pay a ridiculous amount of money for remastered maps.

I fully believe 3arc will do this. The zombies part of the franchise could start to see a heavy decline because of the 3 year cycle, and the luke warm maps of BO2.

It's almost surreal to me. At this point, I would be closing in my zombies training for the new game, but I still have a year to go... No real reason to ramp up my play until next September.

No, if they do that, they should do it as a standalone: Zombies classic: 

75 Dollars, for all the old games and DLC, reasonable price for a game consisting of (assuming maps all basic maps are 4 USD and complex maps are 6 USD: 

Basic: 

NAct

Verruct

Shi-no-numa

Der Reise 

Kino

20$

Complex: 

Five
Ascension

COTD

Shangri-la

Moon

Tranzit (full) 

Die rise

Buried 

MOTD 

Origins

60$ 

And then just toss in the extra modes for an extra 10$ the grand total is 90$, but reduce that due to the fact it's all copy and pasting (despite the fact it's ALWAYS been copy and pasting) and that sums up to about 75$ by my logic. 

Advantages: 

-Charge us all once again for re-buying the same shiz

-Encourages players to swap to next-gen

-Easy enough to produce 

And before you say it, no, it would not work as DLC for CODZ 2015, too many maps to be productive. 

No, if they do that, they should do it as a standalone: Zombies classic: 

75 Dollars, for all the old games and DLC, reasonable price for a game consisting of (assuming maps all basic maps are 4 USD and complex maps are 6 USD: 

Basic: 

NAct

Verruct

Shi-no-numa

Der Reise 

Kino

20$

Complex: 

Five

Ascension

COTD

Shangri-la

Moon

Tranzit (full) 

Die rise

Buried 

MOTD 

Origins

60$ 

And then just toss in the extra modes for an extra 10$ the grand total is 90$, but reduce that due to the fact it's all copy and pasting (despite the fact it's ALWAYS been copy and pasting) and that sums up to about 75$ by my logic. 

Advantages: 

-Charge us all once again for re-buying the same shiz

-Encourages players to swap to next-gen

-Easy enough to produce 

And before you say it, no, it would not work as DLC for CODZ 2015, too many maps to be productive.

At the end of the day we need a stand alone. I'd buy a re-release of these maps but I'd really love for Treyarch to just develop this game mode into a full blown, sixty dollar game

It's been said before, but a two disk would suit this idea. Cod 2015, all your normal maps plus zombies. The hardened edition is more expensive, but you get an extra disk with all of the previous zombie maps.

I can't work on dollars I'm afraid, but in euros say the normal cod would be 60, I would happily pay 120 for cod 2015 plus extra zombies. Maybe have an extra dlc from day one for anyone that wants to get all the maps who hasn't bought the hardened edition.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

It seems unprofitable for them to re-create all the new maps just so it can sell the hardened edition, even for their standards. 

Personally for the hardened edition, i'd include the ray gun M2 for those who get hardened. 

Then a standalone "zombies classic" game which those who get the hardened plus (60$ more aka 100% or 2X as much) receive but not those who get regular hardened, the game will also be available to the pubic later but the ones who get the hardened edition get 1 month early access. 

It would work just fine as a dlc. Yes it would be a ton of maps on one game, but we are talking about a 2 year wait until the next game, something that has been obviously painful for all of us.

You would have your 5 main maps from 2015, the 4 from WAW, the 6 from BO1, and the 5 from WAW (plus survival maps, and grief modes). Total of 20 plus survival and grief, remastered for the new gen, new perks (like Mule kick in the WAW maps), and of course the 2015 box/wall weapons.

That said, don't care how it happens, I just want it to. It seriously makes too much sense not to happen, just so long as it is priced reasonably, it would be a huge seller. Even a non Zombies fan (as in multi first guys/gals) would have a hard time turning down a 50 dollar 20 map dlc. The only thing is, I would think it would have to he released at the same time as the main new map, because knowing 3arc, they wouldn't want to spoil any of the new weapons, or perks.

Well, no they will NOT be including the maps from 2015 when their main game already has that. No profit in a zombie collection game…

Maybe I wasn't more clear. I meant simply if they released a dlc for the 2015, that we would have 20 maps on one game. I did screw up the last part though :)

It was like 1am what do you want from me haha. So 15 maps for 50 bucks would be pretty nuts as a deal. The reason they would do it as dlc would be because it's more profitable than releasing it as a disc. It's basically upload it one time, and move on.

Well, no they will NOT be including the maps from 2015 when their main game already has that. No profit in a zombie collection game…

Mocking, it would be very profitable.

Just put it into perspective mate.

They charge 60 dollars for normal COD 2015, a game that has taken three years to make.

They charge 120 for the hardened edition. With the hardened edition you get all previous zombies maps. But if you don't buy the hardened edition, you can still get it as a dlc for 60.

So basically, they could charge the same price as the full game, but for just zombies. Re-making is purely profitable, it would not take 3 years, but they could make the same amount as a full game.

No include of the season pass in this hardened edition.

Activision will never allow zombies to seperate from the main CoD franchise as it would decrease sales in the main franchise. Most of the DLC sales for Treyarch's titles comes from the zombie community and to seperate the game-mode would damage their flagship series, so I can't see it happening anytime soon.

Then we come to the old maps returning... It will be unlikely that we will see all the maps return as they would all need to be remake from scratch to work on this new Radiant engine they are using and it is a lot of maps to work on to be honest so I don't see it happening. The only reason it could happen though is that Activision will be wanting as many users to upgrade to next gen as possible and the dedicated zombie community will be hesitant to leave their beloved consoles (and maps) behind, so maybe will will see some of them return, but again I doubt it.

Advanced Warfare has shown us that there is still only going to be 4 DLC drops per title, so I expect the same with Treyarch's title next year and if that is the case then expect it to be similar to BO2... 4 MP maps and 1 zombie map. It would then come down to micro transactions for older maps and I only see that happening if they give the task to another studio due to the strict ATVI time constraints.

They charge 60 dollars for normal COD 2015, a game that has taken three years to make.

They charge 120 for the hardened edition. With the hardened edition you get all previous zombies maps. But if you don't buy the hardened edition, you can still get it as a dlc for 60.

So basically, they could charge the same price as the full game, but for just zombies. Re-making is purely profitable, it would not take 3 years, but they could make the same amount as a full game.

No include of the season pass in this hardened edition.The only problem with that, is the Hardened edition would have to be the price of the zombies dlc+ the price of the season pass. They would have to charge at least 40 bucks per, plus the cost of the game. I don't know if many people would be too willing to slap down 140 bucks or more.

DBZ, I don't know what the general reception was in BO1, with the zombies only dlc, but it could be done as the same kind of thing. A 5th dlc as not part of the season pass makes the most sense if they are going to do it. Throw us a bone 3arc.

Edited by BestOfAllTime32

DBZ, I don't know what the general reception was in BO1, with the zombies only dlc, but it could be done as the same kind of thing. A 5th dlc as not part of the season pass makes the most sense if they are going to do it. Throw us a bone 3arc.

As far as I remember, most MP fans were not overly bothered but I would put that down to the fact that there was no season pass then so DLC 4 was more like a bonus DLC. Maybe they will give us it as a bonus DLC, but I expect it to be micro transactions if anything. More profitable for them that way.

No include of the season pass in this hardened edition.

You want to know what's more profitable: 

150$ For the hardened edition (comes with RGM2 in all new maps, as it's default is available in all of CZ maps) With some extra MP BS in there and 1 month advantage on those who want to play the Next-gen Classic zombies. 

60$ for the base game (includes all 2015 maps) 

60$ for the bonus game (which does NOT include all 2015 maps), making it so zombie players are being charged more for all the maps. 

Zen: This isn't pulling away from the main franchise, this is offering older, loved, bits of the franchise just to charge them again. 

I really hope they DONT have a seasons pass this go, because if they do, that's going to kinda provoke the MP group to buying the pass, which will anger them should there be a full zombies DLC release and no MP… 

Do it like Eminem is doing his upcoming album SHADY XV,

Include a "Greatest Hits" collection of maps, including different versions of some classics. 

And then, have a few new maps for the crowd to enjoy. They don't even need a story for these new maps.

And maybe have like some character bios/intel unlockable, and all that type of awesomeness.