Production of the next game starts SOON, tell them what you want!

By my count, the very first brainstorming of the next COD game begins around the time the game before is RELEASED. This makes sense as many teams who worked on the campaign and basic MP set up now have about 4 times as much free time. And if my logic is flawed (And I'm about 90% sure it is) please don't make this topic about that…. If you want more proof: The first teasers are seen between DLC 1 and 2 normally. If they want enough brainstorming time, they should begin about the time the game came out…. Of course, again, not much research was done, just my thinking… 

Point is, if there's a time that trayarch is looking for ideas it's going to be in about a month and a half. SO, NOW would be the time for US to put together, in this topic, BIG things we want to see in BO3 or whatever COD 2015 will be. 

Rules:

1:Please be realistic, treyarch is NOT going to add in a gun that fires guns… 

2: Focus on the BIG things,  in-fact, don't even bother posting future wonder weapons or buildables (unless they're game changing and epic). Don't discuss what type of map you'd like to see, leave that to them, we are trying to focus on big map gimmicks, gameplay changes, and innovations.

3: Be respectable, but show your distaste for ideas you don't like, and reason, without reason we will assume you're just trying to be a dick. This way it's easy to see what ideas are generally liked or disliked by the community. 

4: Do not discuss bringing old maps back.

5: DO discuss ideas for story continuation (on a general level) and things along the lines of season passes and micro-dlc. 

6: Don't make a fuss if someone has the same idea as you, great minds think alike and the more people are for the idea the more likely this will happen. 

PLEASE stay on topic, if you have any questions PM me. 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will start the ball rolling with a few ideas of mine I'd really like to see, but given how much I've expressed my want for these I'll just summarize: 

-Customizable character for game-mode maps (Survival, grief, and turned) (So far there have been no legitimate objections to this idea by anyone) 

-Customizable Box load out: For more information please see "Tree of tears" HERE

-Return of the Wonderfizz

-Choose a starting pistol (Mauser, M1911, others) 

-Better system for perms-perks (Listed in "Tree of tears")

-More punishment for using the bank 

-Objective-based ranking, and likewise, MAP based ranking. 

-New menu screen music (like aether from origins, that would be VERY fitting IMO) 

Honestly, I don't think those who use the bank should be punished as much as those who don't should be rewarded. For example, a player goes to the bank on round 1, withdraws 20k, buys everything they need all game and camp till they get their money back, just a person who enjoys repetition I guess. However, another player plays the same map and doesn't touch the bank at all, not even to deposit. The next game that player plays, the points he went down with are deposited into his bank. Here's how it works: If you withdraw in a game, no money goes in the bank. On the flip side, if the game actually prompts you to withdraw in a game, and you do not (to prevent people storing money without knowledge of a bank on the map), all of the points the player holds at the end of the game are deposited (max 1 million).

Things I want to see implemented-

1. A custom box loadout for custom games: give us the option to choose between w@w, bo1, and bo2 generation weapons, and also- specific loadouts, maybe you can choose one gun to be in the box, but that exchanges another weapon in the box with an smr or spectre or something terrible.

2. Massive stat tracking: I want to see the ratio of time I spend in game in certain areas of maps, percentage of time moving or standing still, and I want to be able to see other players. Couple these stats with a team that actually checks the cheating reports, wall glitches will disappear in a very timely manner. I think it'd also be cool to see favorite wall weapon, box weapon, overall weapon, even for each map (next gen consoles- its possible ^_^ ).

3. New game modes: Grief mode was fun, bring that back! But, please think of some new things to add (I would love to see a chaos-ish zombies mode similar to extinction's, with huge hordes of zombies (50?  ;) ) and returning boss zombies, like Napalm zombies from Shang sprinting at Verruckt speeds...

4. Side missions that require thought and not hours of time: Buried's side missions were barely time consuming, until the last step. Please stray away from those type of steps in the next installment.

5. Just all in all, make the next gen consoles use their full potential, or a lot of it. I want this game to be legendary, a refined yet classic experience.

Things I want to return-

1. Mob of the Dead style building system

2. Bank on limited maps, optional, not a necessity (reward those who don't use it)

3. Weapon locker: let us put that mark II in there. Please 3arc  :lol:

4. New versions of classic weapons: Can we get a mark III and IV raygun? How about a mark V?

5. Wonder weapons from previous maps that we can put in the box for custom games.

6. Weapons / Items that are more helpful than they appear- just the idea in general: the crossbow, ballistic knife, emp grenades, etc. are all amazing when we figured out how to use them.

That's all that come to mind right now. Great thread @Stop mocking me0 :D

One tweak I'd like to see to the game is to change how points are earned. We all know that to maximize your early points you need to shoot the zombies a couple of times and then knife them, after you let them break down the windows so you can repair them. I even spend time herding them to try and maximize every bullet since some zombies in the back of the lines can give 100 pts before they are knifed. And even though I force myself to maximize these points each game just to make sure I give myself the best set up, I absolutely hate doing it. After a few times playing a map, the starting room becomes such a chore for me.

But at the same time, when I first started playing Nacht back in the day, before early points became so important, I used to love picking zombies off in the distance. Buying the single shot rifle and popping heads as the emerged from the fog and trenches. Even trying to time the use of the explosive barrels was fun when a group was coming. It made those rounds fun. Instead now I'm a greedy turd and the maps are designed to get them in the windows as fast as possible. So most of the time, everybody is just siting there waiting. 

So I'd like to see them maybe decrease melee attack points and boost points for single head shot kills, at least for the first 5 rounds. Maybe even add points to the team if no barricade was taken down each round. Make those few rounds about keeping the zombies out for as long as possible. Even if the team is in a hurry to do other things other than staying in the start room, popping the zombies in the head as soon as we see them and getting the most points for it is a great way to speed up the beginning of the game if we are trying to get other things done. Even make us buy those 200 starting room guns. Would also help in random games where some players are waiting for the zombies to knife them and there's always that one jerk that runs up to each window and shoots them.

Just one of the small gameplay changes I'd like to see.  

@BrayJayTheZombSlaya

I don't think that's a good set up, simply because I play a LOT of games that don't let me use the bank… Perhaps we just need to make money in the bank somewhat more valuable then money not in the bank, like if we used bank cash to unlock guns, cloths,and maybe even perms-perks,   then maybe add a buffer on bank points, like if one removes 2000$, that's the equivalent to, about 20 zombies (for a simple scale). So, it actually will REMOVE the kills from your stats, but putting bank money in does nothing. It makes it more of a loan system to use the bank that way. YES you can get in a game and play to round 30 with the same set up on round one, but you removed 10,000 dollars in the process meaning you now have to kill 100 zombies to even BEGIN increasing your total kills. 

-I'd buy DLC to use WAW weapons if they were as good as BO2 weapons. And what you've set up is basically the custom-box idea of mine in a nutshell: Like weapons can be traded around, using a weapon too much will jinx it, prompting you to swap the weapon for something else. You can trade a python for a Remington NMArmy for example. You CAN trade the ray gun for the M2, but the M2 has 1/10th of the chance to show up in the box. 

-Stat tracking isn't as well… Usefull IMO as it should be. Honestly If I can just keep track of someone's highest round on the map (lobby leader boards) and their kill-to-down ratio, I'd be just as convinced. 

-Yes,

-Yes.

-YES

@Cheesegrater28 : I had an idea a while back where there WERE no points used in a map, look it up it's part of my countdown collection: It's the "Heist of the Dead" one! 

But on the other hand, I think that the way we play zombies now shouldn't change. People have grown accustomed to it and it works. 

My biggest thing is make it co-op friendly.

To me the biggest difference in gaming experience between the 3 zombie games is the difficulty of good co-op games.

While BO1 made major strides to improve gaming mechanics over WAW, BO2 took a major step back with many of the "solo attractions" and "co-op penalties".

To truly be successful and addictive as a game, you need to take a page from multiplayer and understand that it is the gaming actions interacting with others that will keep others buying your product.

I guess the biggest thing I could want are expanded leaderboards.

So, so many categories that could be added. Even just basic stuff like WW kills, melee kills, kills on *insert map name here*. Right on through to more advanced stuff like kills with every weapon, the times you have used every weapon, a breakdown of knife kills (Bowie, Galva, Spork, starting), the types of grenade kills you have (Special, Retriever, normal, semtex, claymores).

Now I'm not saying all of that is required or anything, but it sure would be interesting.

Another thing I would like is a journal of sorts. Something that keeps track of the weapons you have used and upgraded, and it would be nice if we could have the multiplayer (like) stats of the weapons.

I'm sure a lot of people would love to see a second PAP, as in a second tier of PAP. Maybe a way to upgrade some of the perks as well.

Just so long as it doesn't make the player over powered, then it's all good imo.

If nothing else though, I just hope there are no bad weapons in the box. No more China Lake, or SMR level weapons. BO2 was a good step forward on this front imo, although that could just be DT2's effect.

Edit: Just to clarify on the PAP machine. Almost everyone I've ever talked to in game (about it) has said they would like the ability. One guy I can remember was dead set against it. I asked him what if there were some relatively ridiculous requirements to obtain the second PAP, and he still hated it.

Basically he said that with high skill requirements to get it, it would just ensure the best players can get farther by giving them better weapons, and the middle level players will fall further behind.

Now I guess he is kind of right on that front.

Maybe the way to get it could be difficult, but not too difficult. Like the Origins rewards system. 935 kills for example.

Same thing with upgrading perks. Difficult, but not too difficult. Make a secondary Easter Egg out of it, unlike Origins, where to get the best weapons you have to do the main EE.

Edited by BestOfAllTime32

I guess the biggest thing I could want are expanded leaderboards.

So, so many categories that could be added. Even just basic stuff like WW kills, melee kills, kills on *insert map name here*. Right on through to more advanced stuff like kills with every weapon, the times you have used every weapon, a breakdown of knife kills (Bowie, Galva, Spork, starting), the types of grenade kills you have (Special, Retriever, normal, semtex, claymores).

HOW and WHY would you use or want this information? Perhaps map-specific leader boards would be nice, but who cares which grenade you prefer? Which type of weapon is your forte? It just seems like useless code to me… 

Now I'm not saying all of that is required or anything, but it sure would be interesting.

Another thing I would like is a journal of sorts. Something that keeps track of the weapons you have used and upgraded, and it would be nice if we could have the multiplayer (like) stats of the weapons.

This could be cool, and the more one uses the weapon, the more one can do with it: More attachments, pick it's camos… 

I'm sure a lot of people would love to see a second PAP, as in a second tier of PAP. Maybe a way to upgrade some of the perks as well.

Upgraded perks works as long as one can not upgrade juggernog. It'd be too OP. Meanwhile, 2 tiers of PAP? Nah, It'd be better just to improve the effectiveness of attachments: Mini-flame thrower, wonder waffle, thunder gun, ect. 

Just so long as it doesn't make the player over powered, then it's all good imo.

If nothing else though, I just hope there are no bad weapons in the box. No more China Lake, or SMR level weapons. BO2 was a good step forward on this front imo, although that could just be DT2's effect.

Well… It's kinda the point of hitting the box is the chance of being dealt piss-poor weapons while also trying for the best ones….

Edit: Just to clarify on the PAP machine. Almost everyone I've ever talked to in game (about it) has said they would like the ability. One guy I can remember was dead set against it. I asked him what if there were some relatively ridiculous requirements to obtain the second PAP, and he still hated it. See I agree with this man, PAP the olyimpia makes it worth-full until like… Round 20, when it's normally expended it's usefulness on round 3…. To double that makes the game SO OP. I think mini-attachments would be less OP and more epic in the long run. 

Basically he said that with high skill requirements to get it, it would just ensure the best players can get farther by giving them better weapons, and the middle level players will fall further behind.

Now I guess he is kind of right on that front.

Maybe the way to get it could be difficult, but not too difficult. Like the Origins rewards system. 935 kills for example.

Same thing with upgrading perks. Difficult, but not too difficult. Make a secondary Easter Egg out of it, unlike Origins, where to get the best weapons you have to do the main EE.

See what Origins did right was allow upgrading without purchase. Meaning one has to work HARD for their upgrades, this should fallow the same example in the next game… Go read my "Mocking me Countdown" thread that was a WHOLE game designed with the ability to upgrade (MOST) perks. 

@Mocking,

I like to know who I am playing with. What setup they prefer to have, what style of player they are. Asking them is great... because they always tell the truth...

I want to know if someone has 60% of their "career" kills using a wonder weapon. In a map like Origins, it's explainable, in Kino for example not so much. Either they are the luckiest box hitter ever, or, and I assume my suspicion is more correct, they are somebody that is very likely to quit a game if I get their Thunder Gun.

I also feel people who tend to use WW's the majority of the time are very weak players. That is a generalization, but more often than not, people who say they're good, mean they're good when they have a Ray Gun, and a WW.

As for the grenades, truthfully just an example. Although, I would like to point out, that generally people who use claymores/bettys seem to be better players un my experience. The stat would just let you cut out the middle man of finding out if they use them effectively or not.

A second tier of PAP is something I am neither for or against. On one hand, it would be cool to see all the crazy weapons they could come up with, but on the other I feel it might be too powerful. But let's be real, PAP'd weapons (especially wall weapons) become pretty damn bad after 50. Hell even the Ray Gun isn't very good.

Just make it incredibly expensive, and hard to get. Multiple steps, 50k points per weapon, and don't let the upgrades be too good. Like make a gun do damage to a round 50 zombie as if it was from 45.

Perks, again just super expensive and hard to get. And yes, absolutely under no circumstances should Jugg ever be considered for an upgrade.

I don't mean taking stuff out of the box like the Warmachine, or the ballistics knife. Those things have actual, legitimate uses. Maybe not so much unPAP'd, but PAP'd they can be an important part of a strategy. At least with something like the RPG, PAP'd it becomes useful. Give us a reason to hold on to that shitty gun, like we hold on to the Mauser, or the M1911. That is an example of good PAP weapon design imo.

I'm not saying make the worst gun a Galil or anything, far from it. There just needs to be no fluff weapons, but as I said, imo BO2 was a good step from that.

What do you think about a badge system instead of perma perks. Or I guess to replace the perma perks current system.

Instead of what we currently have in the way of perma perks, badges would actually be permanent boosts.

So for example, get 40 revives in a game, lasting at least "x" rounds, receive QR. Get 500 headshots in a game, get 10% bonus headshot damage.

The intent would be to be able to upgrade some, or all of the badges. So for the headshot example, then you get 1000 headshots, and you get 15% bonus damage, and it replaces the old one (we don't want *too* much bonus damage here).

There is so much potential to play around. Give some challenges to the vets, and give some help to the new, or less experienced players at the same time.

You can have a low bar of entry like 500 headshots, and have a high ceiling like 5000 headshots for people to strive towards.

Then there can be some fun ones like don't kill anything in a game lasting x rounds, without going down. And have an upgraded version of that effect, but without drinking any perks.

Or get 1000 kills, and no headshots for a boost to body damage.

Basically anything you can think of, could be made into a perma perk challenge. Allowing the player an unlimited amount of them would stack the deck a little bit too much for my tastes, but choosing between 3, or 4, wouldn't by any means be too bad.

We were discussing this the other thread with trading cards (to fit with the comic book thing) that can be collected and traded throughout zombies to gain PAP camos, and knowledge go zombies. It wouldn't effect gameplay other then that, but it would be cool. 

But see: The amount of code it takes to record EVERY ray gun blast is annoying, the same goes for EVERY type of weapon usage ever, to do that on every map is a huge pain in the arse for trayarch. they need to focus on more important things. Also, take it from a guy whom plays with randoms almost exclusively, the main 3 things to look for in a good zombie player are: 

-Mic: Not only for co-ordination, but mic-less players are more likely to quit from my experience. Some enter the game AFC. I always co-ordinate with a mic, unless I'm in grief. 

- What their goals are: If the guy comes in screaming: I want fire staff, chances are he is going to be difficult. If he comes in saying: I'll take the staff I want, you know he's going to be difficult. 

-How mature they are: 10 year olds CAN NOT play zombies as good as 21 year olds, it's a proven fact, their hands aren't even big enough for the controller yet… Also "fartboy420blazit" chances are is going to be a bit of a douche from my experience. 

I was as picky as possible. After the first month, and until recently, I hadn't played a game with a non shotgun player that had a mic.

The questions ranging from where do you like to what weapons you want. The age thing, I loved people with numbers in their name. Especially ones like Evan2005, that was an instant no go. I wish there was a report person for being underage option. Bad parenting should not be able to effect the outcome of my 60 dollar video game.

Since COD games are now on a 3-year development cycle, production for the next Treyarch game started 2 years ago.  We're well past the point of them taking in community feedback to implement as features in the game.

- Mix

There is no proof to this, because COD is now on a 3 year cycle does NOT mean that it's production began a year ago. It could start, just as well, in a few weeks. 

And where's your proof that production starts within a few weeks?

AAA Games take much longer than 1 year to develop these days.  There's no way to get a COD game from concept, to alpha, to beta, to release, within a year's time.  The whole reason Sledgehammer was brought into the COD cycle was because Activision acknowledges the fact that complexity of AAA games today are taking longer to develop than ever before.  The biggest games are now taking at least 3 years to complete instead of 2. (or 1 as you suggest).  The scope of the production is way bigger than that of summer blockbuster movies. 

Ask yourself this... If you had 3 years to develop the next COD game, knowing your competition in the series is IW and Sledgehammer, and you are expected to out-do yourself every single time, would you sit around for 2 years?  Or would you start developing the next game as soon as your last one was finished?  By now the road map for development has had to already been laid out.

Maybe this quote about Sledgehammer's approach to Advanced Warfighter might shed some perspective:

"It took three years to build something new from the start, with a new subfranchise, a new setting 40 years in the future, and new technology worthy of the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One."

source:  http://venturebeat.com/2014/07/31/how-sledgehammer-games-became-the-new-call-of-duty-studio-interview/

- Mix

Would you rather us sit here, do nothing, and go back to discussing borderlands and complaining about origins? Because otherwise I feel like you're just commenting to basically tell everyone we're too late and our opinions don't matter anymore (even though there's a 50/50 chance they are just now starting production)  and I honestly don't see any use in that. 

Mix is right.  Treyarch's next cod has been in the works since late 2012. There's no 50/50% production started just now. 

BO1's production started a few weeks after WaW was finished. 

BO 2's production started before BO1 was finished.  

Both confirmed by Treyarch, you can look it up if you want.

So we can conclude Treyarch started working on their next CoD sometime around when BO2 was (nearly) finished. And no, developers don't take long breaks whenever their current product or project is finished. They start working on their next one almost immediately. 

Finally, Activision announced Sledgehammer becoming a standard cod dev and the 3-year dev cycle last year, but when do you think they told Treyarch, IW and Sledgehammer about this? They told them after Sledgehammer was finished with MW3, or possible during MW3's production or maybe even way before that. (Since we know Sledgehammer started writing AW's story back when MW3 was released)
Treyarch knew their next CoD was going to be postponed until 2015 way before we did, I can assure you.

Cheer up Mocking !

Just because Treyarch's 2/3 done with their next game, doesn't mean we should stop posting our ideas, wishlists and letting our creative minds loose. Look at Tranzit, that map looks like it was made in less than a week by a team of unpaid interns. :3

I want to see some drastic changes to the Zombies themselves. From the way they move, all the way to how they attack and pose a threat to the players. Giving them one or two special "strafe" moves isn't enough !

And I like the idea of choosing certain perks and benefits before each match starts from Extinction. Getting all the perks just by playing a map for hours is kind of cheap. I like it when you can choose from a list of perks and other bonusses that compliment your own unique playstyle; like being a medic, engineer or a tank. If they combined Extinctions armory and perks with custom zombie load outs in a Create-a-Slayer fashion, that'd be so freakin' aaaawesome !