Middles Ages Zombie Map Idea ("The Plague") with concept art

HauserHowl

BACKDROP FOR MAP

Placing the player in a very cool environment, the Middle Ages during a plague outbreak. A very dark time in history, which included frequent wars, the Black Death, the hight of the Inquisition, the torturing/burning of accused witches/heretics and some advancements in warfare technology. The perfect setting for an action horror game in my opinion. My immediate thought was setting this map in England, however this is already game similar to that titled Hellraider. So, moving it to mainland Europe could allow for some even more exciting environments, weapons and characters. 

qstx8j.jpg

CHARACTERS

The idea is to have this set sometime between 1400-1500s, after a resurgence of the plague in Europe. Only thing is that this one is reanimated the dead. This could include characters and environments from Germany, France, Spain, and Italy. I'm not sure how serious the game should be, but including different classes of characters (which we already have in COD) witches, warlocks, rogues and alchemists as playable characters could be very cool indeed. 

1zyxzzk.jpg

WEAPONS

15th-16th century weapons are far from high-tech, but it could be creative to use things like throwing knives, torches, maces, broadswords, daggers, spears and bows. Maybe even using the ability to also use rocks and hot-oil as well. Some of the Middle Age warfare was pretty brutal. 

That said, there were some cool advancements at the time. A hand-held grenade launcher (hand cannon) from Germany. Double barrel pistol from Spain, and many other decked-out Renaissance weapons including Italian crossbows. I think opening-up the ability to use even more weapons could make for an even scarier experience. Imagine you have a horde of zombies coming at you and all you have is a pot of oil and a lit torch, could be extremely fun game play. 

rms9kh.jpg

LOOK OF THE IN GAME PLAY

These are images taken from other games that have incorporated the non-firearm weapons in a first person shooter. To give you an idea of how this cool look set within the world of Zombies. For the most part these look pretty damn badass. 

o9o58w.jpg

Feel free to let me know what you think about this idea, and if Treyarch should pursue this type of Zombies map in the future. 

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

artwork is manipulation-style, sourced from other artwork then spliced together.. 

I dig that exploding zombie idea, the masks were actually worn by plague doctors of the time.. they thought the style would protect them from evil, not sure if Medieval doctors knew anything microbiology at the time.. 

If they make an all zombies DLC this should be one of the extra maps. I say this primarily because I expect the staffs to return. They were last seen during the templar era if I'm correct. It could be set in the middle of a castle with characters who's decedents would become Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and Richtofen Actually you know what screw it I'm doing in-depth character analysis for this: 

Sir Walter Howguard: Knight from Europe, Dempsey's ancestor. Sent to castle Rachton under orders of the queen. What he finds is much more disturbing then plague however…. 

The red Handguard: A mysterious assassin sent by Ivan the terrible to infiltrate castle Rachton to kill the Lord Weston, allowing for Ivan's supply routs to function more fluently. Disappointment endures however as the Lord Weston is found dead already and turned undead. Nikolai's ancestor.

Tungston Yao: A meer trader from the far east. Brillent with swordplay, Takeo's ancestor. 

High wizard Marther: A german "Alchemist" hired by Lord Weston to heal his city's ails, however in his brief 6 months of employment he has more then tripled the death rate. Richtofen's ancestor. 

Scene opens with a medicine man healing a dying man, whom promptly screeches awake and zombifies. Spreading the virus to nearby civilians. Meanwhile, on the far side of the castle, Sir Walter has entered the gates to find many plague victims filling with zombification.  He looks ahead to see Tungston Yao fending off hordes with a mighty katana. He himself begins an epic display of swordsmanship before nearly being eaten from behind. He is promptly saved by The Red hand guard. Whom begins his own montage of death. Meanwhile the high wizard is experimenting with a potion, it is seen that he himself is quite ill as well. He takes a sip of his potion, just as his eyes turn a deadly purple. He then fades back to regular and his black spots vanish. Then the other 3 burst in when richtofen offers them potions, behind them a shadow and a small quake, fallowed by a roar and fire filling the screen… 

The map takes place within the walls of Rachton Castle. This includes the throne room, wizard's tower, battlements, village, and gate walls. It's a somewhat smaller map, but that's to be expected. 

You start in the throne room, you can exit through the big door into town, or take the simple door to the wizard's tower's base or the hidden door to the castle's battlements. 

I don't have time for all the detail but here are the highlights: 

- Perks on this map are flashy like in MOTD. 

-The box on this map is a chest like MOTD. 

-The wonder fizz on this map is actually a cauldron that pulls forth potions (Perks) when the machine is there the potion is bubbling green, when it isn't the cauldron is empty. 

-The PAP is found in the wizard's chamber as well as the staff builds. The PAP is actually a sort of electric portal designed by the wizard. 

Pieces: (No records, no upgraded forms) 

Fire:

-Gotten randomly after the dragon burns a zombie to death.

-Gotten from throne room by slicing rope with sword.

-Gotten from filling one of the soul chests. 

Ice: 

-Gotten from destroying one of the paintings in the castle with the dragon. 

-Gotten from the town's tavern. 

Wind: 

-Gotten by firing the catapult trap at zombies. 

-Picked up in the blacksmiths

Lightning: 

-Gotten by a zombie being hit with lightning. 

- Gotten by hitting the target with a weapon. 

No extra prize for filling the soul chests. 

Now as I may have spoiled, there is a dragon here. It flys around the map, mainly targeting the crowd of zombies, if there's players in it, it doesn't care. It can also blast the inside of the castle too. Furthermore one can obtain: Dragon ticker from the box: A special do-hicky actually a children's' toy product of Tungston Yao: It will focus the dragon's fire on one spot and attract zombies. 

Furthermore the castle walls have a catapult trap that can take out huge bounds of zombies with a  crushing impact. Lastly, around the castle lightning is constantly raining down. One can control this with the lightning staff, but before that one must look out for "Flashes" that happen slightly before the bolt. There are 4 soul chests on the map needed to build the staffs. 

Cool weapons: While the box produces the usual: Here are some cool wall weapons: 

Crossbow: Works like a crossbow, only without explosive rounds, and arrows can be retrieved. Upgraded it becomes: The SM-bow: Allowing a burst fire of 3 arrows at once. 

Sword: An epic melee weapon, when used can cut through 3 zombies with one (Slow) bash. It' works til about round 14. Upgraded it become's the "stone" which basically does more damage and adds speed to it's strike. 

The box: 

Potions: Grenades: leave a myst afterwards that confuses and slows zombies. 

The dragon's toy

The staffs are as strong as their upgraded forms in Origins, but do not have charging or reviving capability. They can not be upgraded. 

That's all I have now… You like?

This is the coolest idea for a zombies map I've heard in a while I've only got afew addition.

-The Dragon should be a zombie and work the same way as the robots in Origins, only instead of crushing you he burns you.
-The Easter egg would then involve defeating the dragon with all the staves
-The Characters should be the 04's ancestors

-With them being the 04's ancestors it would explain their immunity to 115 as well as the hidden photo from origins.
-Blue eyed zombies?
-Can only get modern weapons from the box
-New Dragon themed Wonder Weapon

-Brutus type miniboss, every few rounds all the zombies will revert to Round 1 stats but only give off 10 points when killed, once this begins THE WITCH will spawn.

WALL BUYS

-Steam Powered LMG's, just LMG's with a steampunk style.

-Dynamite launcher, a basic grenade launcher.

-Cannon Gun, this gun would effectively fly through hordes of enemies.

BUILDABLES

-The Broadsword, the Sword would be a 1 hit kill up to round 20 but only has 50 uses before it breaks and must be replaced PAP'd it'll have infinite uses be much faster and be 1 hit kill up to round 45.

Will edit this post as I come up with more ideas...

Edited by Critikal_Damage

This is the coolest idea for a zombies map I've heard in a while I've only got afew addition.

-The Dragon should be a zombie and work the same way as the robots in Origins, only instead of crushing you he burns you.

-The Easter egg would then involve defeating the dragon with all the staves

-The Characters should be the 04's ancestors

-With them being the 04's ancestors it would explain their immunity to 115 as well as the hidden photo from origins.

-Blue eyed zombies?

-Can only get modern weapons from the box

-New Dragon themed Wonder Weapon

-Brutus type miniboss, every few rounds all the zombies will revert to Round 1 stats but only give off 10 points when killed, once this begins THE WITCH will spawn.

WALL BUYS

-Steam Powered LMG's, just LMG's with a steampunk style.

-Dynamite launcher, a basic grenade launcher.

-Cannon Gun, this gun would effectively fly through hordes of enemies.

BUILDABLES

-The Broadsword, the Sword would be a 1 hit kill up to round 20 but only has 50 uses before it breaks and must be replaced PAP'd it'll have infinite uses be much faster and be 1 hit kill up to round 45.

Will edit this post as I come up with more ideas...

The sword should only be upgradable via special actions (sword in the stone anyone? )  as are all build able weapons… 

Don't forget this is a period of lances, crossbows, and wizardry. Do not forget to use potions, wands, and gunpowder! 

Imagine an musket in zombies...

Thanks for adding your touches!

I also have another idea set in Feudal Japan for a DLC. Which would include a crazy amount of period firearms and fun extra weapons (ninja and samurai weapons).. Check it out below! Maybe this could be extra stuff if you play as Takeo's ancestor. 

1ilp4z.jpg

hara-kiri-death-of-a-samurai-645-75.jpg

ndvklu.jpg

i4iqtx.jpg