Why is it so easy to get to the box in BO2?

I don't care for the wall weapons to much, but that doesn't mean I'm going to run right to the box on round 2 on Die Rise. I'm curious why Treyarch made the box so easy to get to in the early rounds on all of the maps? Because the people I keep playing with have this annoying habit, and then wonder why they keep getting downed (no money=no juggernog). I just played a game of Farm with $10,000, and the other 3 had less than $1,000 lol because they kept hitting the Conspiracy Crate ;)

*Oh and the same for the Pack a Punch. Why do people feel the need to pack a punch at round 11?? 

Edited by ThunderGlove142
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of adding the bank was to get set up in early matches, I guess they wanted to keep it easy for those that want to dig their spot and sit the whole game...

But now that I'm thinking about it, exluding Moon all the boxes were easy to get to, and Moon was easy if you didn't want to keep the hacker.

But now that I'm thinking about it, exluding Moon all the boxes were easy to get to, and Moon was easy if you didn't want to keep the hacker.

Yeah, but you usually had to open several doors and if you have a cheapskate on your team, that was a problem. Now, just open 1 door or 2, or none and their it is! Alcatraz I think is the only exception to this. 

You need to open a single door in die rise, 

2 at max in MOTD

Zero in tranzit. 

Zero in buried

Two in Origins. 

Kino: Depends on spawn, could be none, one, two, three, or four, then if you really lucked out one or two more then that! 

Five: REALLY hard, you need 5-6 doors open AND 2 elevators before you can get to your box… Unless I'm just REALLY unlucky and have never had the box spawn anywhere but the labs. 

Ascension: Roof right? Thats 4 doors max I think… 

COTD: Again could be no doors, could be 6… 

Shangri-la: 2 doors normally. 

Moon: AGAIN could be none, could be MANY. 

Nact: 1

Verruct: 3 doors

Shi-no: 1 door. 

Der reise: 3 doors

I think it's also because the map layouts are more original in BOII. In BOI you could just look up and see its location. In BOII you are either in fog, in a separate skyscraper, completely inside, or completely under ground. Origins is the exception. I think they balance the difficulty of finding the box by making it easier to find early on but much harder once it moves.

And consider that they added lots of strong wall weapons that can be earned quickly.

In tranzit, M16 can be earned on round 2 in the tunnel.

Die rise, there's the PDW and the SVU near the spawn, just 1-2 doors away, not to mention the AN-94.

In buried, the chalks are just OP. Galva, AN, SVU, PDW... anywhere you want them. Oh, and what about the LSAT?

MOTD isn't easy though, it doesn't have strong wall weapons expect for the one in the docks which I forgot the name, but there's the MP5 or the B23R 1 door away, other than that not much more.

Origins have the mp40 or ak74 2 doors away along with the box. Since the main weapons in this map are the staffs, they won't have big usage.

And there is nuketown, everyone's forgotten map. 2 doors away from the box is nice for it, since it doesn't have good wall weapons in easy acess places.

Edited by Zetha

2 at max in MOTD

Zero in tranzit. 

Zero in buried

Two in Origins. 

Kino: Depends on spawn, could be none, one, two, three, or four, then if you really lucked out one or two more then that! 

Five: REALLY hard, you need 5-6 doors open AND 2 elevators before you can get to your box… Unless I'm just REALLY unlucky and have never had the box spawn anywhere but the labs. 

Moon: AGAIN could be none, could be MANY

???

I have never ever seen the box spawn in the starting room on moon.  closest it spawns is in the power room, and that is 3 doors.  Same with Kino, I've never seen it spawn in the starting room, same with COTD.  so the "none" option you listed on those is not correct

• Moderators

2 at max in MOTD

Zero in tranzit. 

Zero in buried

Two in Origins. 

???

I have never ever seen the box spawn in the starting room on moon.  closest it spawns is in the power room, and that is 3 doors.  Same with Kino, I've never seen it spawn in the starting room, same with COTD.  so the "none" option you listed on those is not correct

What Clay said.

And it is: Nacht, Verrückt and Der Riese.

:P

2 at max in MOTD

Zero in tranzit. 

Zero in buried

Two in Origins. 

???

What Clay said.

And it is: Nacht, Verrückt and Der Riese.

:P

Deutschland mode activated!

I have defiantly had the box spawn in the spawn room before (Not area 51, but the receiving bay), I am almost 100% positive on this. 

and in the spawn of COTD, I VAGUELY remember it spawning in spawn once before, but could be wrong. 

I also have never seen the box spawn in the spawn of kino, but given the pattern of other random box spawns I'd think it'd be safe to say it can spawn just about anywhere.