• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on what you're looking for.

Ice staff is the 'strongest'. The ultimate form is always a kill, and the blizzard is actually quite useful.

Fire is extremely good against panzers, and pretty useful in general for awhile.

Lightning may not have longevity, but up until 40-50 it is the best for panic spaming. Just shoot the non-charged shots at your feet and you'll get out of any trouble.

Ice can be the easiest, but it can also be annoyingly difficult. If you're lucky, you can have it by 4, or you can be stuck waiting until 10.

Lightning is always constant. It's the only one without random elements. Same thing with the puzzle. That's why I think it is the easiest to build and upgrade.

Typically when I play games and people are calling staffs, I tend to say: ANYTHING THATS NOT WIND. 

Because it is both the most tedious to build and worst staff in general. 

Ice is good, 

Lightning is fantastic, but a bit of a pain to build

And there's always that ONE kid who says he HAS to have the fire staff, but if you do get it, it's pretty kick-ass. 

The staffs are pretty easy to get but the Ice staff takes a while in multiplayer. The fire and wind are the easiest to upgrade since the puzzles are easy to remember.

The best staffs are :

1. Ice

2. Fire

3. Wind

4. Lightning

The wind would be better if it didn't fail sometimes and if it killed the panzer :P .

Edited by FrozenTerror

ice staff sucks the zombies still hit you when you freeze them in later rounds the best and strongest staff is the fire.

No... the fire staff stops killing from 65 onwards, so is actually the second weakest (lightning being the weakest). Ice and wind are permanently one hit kill, and the ice proves to be the best due to ammo count.

Fire also causes a gspawn error after round 60 if you hit all 24 zombies with a charged blast as the zombies cannot die off quick enough for the new ones to spawn in.

ice staff sucks the zombies still hit you when you freeze them in later rounds the best and strongest staff is the fire.

No... the fire staff stops killing from 65 onwards, so is actually the second weakest (lightning being the weakest). Ice and wind are permanently one hit kill, and the ice proves to be the best due to ammo count.

Fire also causes a gspawn error after round 60 if you hit all 24 zombies with a charged blast as the zombies cannot die off quick enough for the new ones to spawn in. Im just wondering. Whats a gspawn error?

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk

Google it for a full description. My version of it:

Basically the game's engine only has enough animations for a certain amount of zombies. A g spawn error is when the number of zombies exceed this number, so the game crashes and pops up with the g spawn error message. Usually happens past round 60 something, as after that round it's the fastest spawn time.

Although if I remember it happened really early when Buried came out, in the 30s!

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

I would say the Ice staff in terms of easy to build, and you can get a chart to do the upgrade, making it easier than getting it in the first place. For the rare lover of winters howl like myself, it makes for an easy choice.

I've actually never got to use fire, because like SMM said, it is usually spoken for. To me it didn't seem that strong, but more of a satisfying kill because they tend to char and smoke even if they don't go down.

Typically when I play games and people are calling staffs, I tend to say: ANYTHING THATS NOT WIND. 

Ice is good, 

And there's always that ONE kid who says he HAS to have the fire staff, but if you do get it, it's pretty kick-ass. 

people who "call" staffs in the pre-game lobby should immediately get permabanned

people who "call" staffs in the pre-game lobby should immediately get permabanned

Agreed!

I usually just take what's left after others debate it out, and that is almost always lightning. Thing is, as the poorest staff of them all for solo high round runs, it is actually one of the best staff to run with in a 4 player game as it has the highest ammo count, and is pretty effective as a spamming tool right up until round 40, which most 4 player games never go past.

DBZ, that's why it is usually the staff I go for in co-op. I have the dial positions memorized, and can regularly get the three parts all in one round trip by myself, and I can read (and play) the notes for the keyboard in my sleep (I am a pianist) so it's something I can do mid round, any round, and usually when the map is opened up I can assemble and upgrade the whole rig in one go.

Even in solo sometimes I'll still build it, and use it during early rounds.

Hard to say really, depending on you're time of sign up.

Overall my vote goes to MegaAfroMan. He may not be the smartest or the best player, bit when he was a staff he cared the most. His work ethic and level of intensity was unmatched. For a good while he was the face of CODZ.

Personally Way2g00d was the closest to me. He was another handsome mature guy playing the game of zombies. We had a good time.

Undad was another hard working staff who really gave his all, even before he was a staff.

Choppernator was fairly consistent and available in my time here. I learned a lot from him as a player watching his videos and guides.

Yeah, those four in that order would be my all time favorite. All staff members deserve our thanks. They sacrifice their time and money to shelter our bull crap, and it's time we show our appreciation.

The easiest staff was by far EyeCntSpel, he was a man whore.

Thanks to EyeCntSpel, Tac, Infesto, Grill, Hells W, Slade, Boom, Flame, and a few names escaping my mind.

P.S. If you were a staff but your name wasn't mentioned you probably either weren't active or sucked. No offense.

Hard to say really, depending on you're time of sign up.

Overall my vote goes to MegaAfroMan. He may not be the smartest or the best player, bit when he was a staff he cared the most. His work ethic and level of intensity was unmatched. For a good while he was the face of CODZ.

Personally Way2g00d was the closest to me. He was another handsome mature guy playing the game of zombies. We had a good time.

Undad was another hard working staff who really gave his all, even before he was a staff.

Choppernator was fairly consistent and available in my time here. I learned a lot from him as a player watching his videos and guides.

Yeah, those four in that order would be my all time favorite. All staff members deserve our thanks. They sacrifice their time and money to shelter our bull crap, and it's time we show our appreciation.

The easiest staff was by far EyeCntSpel, he was a man whore.

Thanks to EyeCntSpel, Tac, Infesto, Grill, Hells W, Slade, Boom, Flame, and a few names escaping my mind.

P.S. If you were a staff but your name wasn't mentioned you probably either weren't active or sucked. No offense.

Wrong thread?

Wrong thread?

Oops, sorry. I just read the title and thought it was something else....

My favorite staff? Maybe the fire, but they are all pretty similar in terms of killing efficiency, at least in the lower rounds.

I hate making the lightning staff solo. You have no idea how many times I run around on the tank avoiding two unharmed zombies and fall off only to get run over.

DBZ, that's why it is usually the staff I go for in co-op. I have the dial positions memorized, and can regularly get the three parts all in one round trip by myself, and I can read (and play) the notes for the keyboard in my sleep (I am a pianist) so it's something I can do mid round, any round, and usually when the map is opened up I can assemble and upgrade the whole rig in one go.

Even in solo sometimes I'll still build it, and use it during early rounds.

Same. I have all the steps to every EE on all maps memorized, so in a coop 4 player game I just run around hitting the switches as I pass them and do the upgrading steps mid-round as it is easy enough. I am not a pianist though, but I do play guitar pretty well. :P

Definitely a great spamming tool though in coop and truth be told, it is probably the best coop staff up until round 40. After that it becomes a holding tool while camping. Shoot the floor with a charged blast and it will hold the zombies in place while the others take them down. Not the trashy weapon it is deemed, but not for those who run high rounds on solo.

Ice is good, 

Why? You would rather have ppl troll, get trolled or argue about which staff they are getting midway through the setup of the game? I've had players troll me (although very rarely) to where I called a staff but we both wanted the same staff so I went down to excavation to build it and he immediately took it from me after building it. So yea from now on I'm only going to be "calling" staffs in random games going forward. No thanks I don't want to deal with that. I always call fire or lightning staff in the pregame lobby and if they don't like it I leave immediately. I don't like getting wind or ice staff in co-op because imo wind sucks the big one and ice can't save you if you're trapped from my experience so I don't usually bother with it.

In terms of ease of build this is my ranking from easiest to hardest:

1. Lightning

2. Ice

3. Fire

4. Wind

In terms of easiest to upgrade this is my ranking from easiest to hardest:

1. Wind

2. Ice

3. Fire

4. Lightning

Now to answer your final question on what's the best staff overall, obviously technically it's the ice staff but I only use that staff to camp and usually only on solo. Otherwise my preferred staff in co-op is fire staff since it's the best at getting out of a jam, the best for dealing with the panzers & makes life so much easier in general on co-op. Since I know that playing with randoms and playing with 3-4 ppl means that we're most likely not going to get to a high enough round to even start considering the fire staff being ineffective anymore, it's not something I worry about.

Edited by ringbearer90

I always call fire or lightning staff in the pregame lobby and if they don't like it I leave immediately. I don't like getting wind or ice staff in co-op because imo wind sucks the big one and ice can't save you if you're trapped from my experience so I don't usually bother with it.

Are you kidding me? Glad I have never ran into you in a public lobby then.

Why is it so important? Variety is the spice of life as they say... mix your game up a little now and again and it keeps it fresh. To demand a certain staff and then act like a baby if you don't get your way is the sign of a poor team-mate if you ask me. I get what you are saying about sorting it all out early though, but I would never leave a lobby bases on staff choices. Hell, I would happily run the map without a staff if it came to it.

It's not a make or break issue to me really.

See…  I don't have an issue with calling staves, it's effective and easy to sort out who gets what and make sure everyone's happy for the rest of the game (or until nikolai takes the second shovel  <_< ) 

There are a few basic outcomes: 

-Everyone will claim a staff and bargain between them until everyone is mostly satisfied: This is a good lobby, meaning with my luck i'd lag out instantly… 

-Someone will bicker over a staff (typically fire, don't know why) leading to one of two outcomes:

1- One or both of the children leave to bicker to someone else. 

2- They will settle their dispute with some sort of gain (I'll take ice, BUT I get a shovel at the beginning) 

- This is possibly my MOST hated type of person: You all claim staffs, White (you) wants lightning, blue wants fire, yellow wants ice, and green tells everyone he's "OK" with wind…. HOWEVER, once everyone gets to the generators, he comes in and says: "Hey, Y'all go start filling the boxes, I'ma get the one by five after opening da crypt…." He'll buy the crypt, but then he waltz right into the lightning tunnel and takes your rock. When you question him about it he acts like he's some kind of "superior being" and acts like he's smarter then you. 

------To clear things up this IS one of the rare times when it is PERFECTLY acceptable to leave the game, you aren't going to get to round 15 with a lying, selfish, greedy player whom only thinks for himself. 

Anyway back on topic, I personally think it's about a 8 on the maturity scale to call staves, it's about a 3 to demand a specific stave, and it's about a 7 to request to not get stuck with one staff of your displeasure. 

• 3 weeks later...

After fooling around with all four staffs, I will say that the wind staff is the only true "save your ass" staff of the four.

Although Ice, Fire, and Lightning staffs have more ammo, they do not kill fast enough on contact. I lost track how many times I go down 5-10 seconds after a charged shot not killing zombies.

Not the wind staff. It immediately and quickly sucks the zombies into a tornado with a charged shot, or it sends zombies flying with a regular shot. The regular shot need to be close quarters to be effective, but good enough to save your stinky ass.

Another advantage of the wind staff is that it is one of the easiest to obtain. At any moment, any round, you can get the staff parts given you have the patience. No monetary necessary and no special skills needed. Upgrading is also the easiest to complete. No special notes, weapons, or other inconvenient tasks to perform.

You can still go down with an ultimate staff, unless you have the wind. It is the easiest to obtain and upgrade, and the best to save you from downs.

Wind staff, the is the Jay of staffs.