Easter eggs before the game

This is something I've always wanted a chance to be a part of, (missed the GKnova 6 back then…) 

It'd start small, with oh say zelinsqui saying 3:56 after a AW dlc trailer has dropped. 

From there we look at the video and discover a small printed website address printed across the screen. 

After going to that site we're presented with a surprising code-lock needed to enter, the code would be accompanied by a riddle. 

The riddle would direct one to a set of numbers hidden in a previous MP maps, like nuketown 2025's electric meters numbers or so-forth. 

After inputting these codes one is able to access a whole site dedicated to top-secret data for the next game, at first it would be nothing big, a picture of a helicopter here in a random area that could be anywhere, a picture of a soldier with a pistol, basic BS with little secret hints to the future as are in all trailers. But as time progresses we're given a new code in one of the next game's reveal trailers, eventually the site releases a cypher key word needed to decrypt it. THIS gives players a whole new riddle which one needs to explore a zombies map to discover. When this code is put into the same site, we are redirected to another site: The zombies portion giving big hints and secrets to the game and even a teaser trailer for the first map! Of course it won't explain plot details or even all of the new things added in, but it still would be pretty awesome! 

THIS is the type of way I want trayarch to present us with the zombies trailer/release info, BEFORE it's publicly released to everyone. Purhaps completion of this strife would result in an award for the player upon launch day? Say a secret hat for their customizable character? 

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of new DLC trailers introducing hints to previous maps for a deeper EE that's not trophy related and or in game. Or maybe hints to stuff in game that everyone may overlooked. Not towards new maps though as already seen, people like Pinnaz can gather way too much intel before the map even drops and to surprisingly good accuracy.

Allow me to introduce my idea of a LITTERALLY timed map. The map literally changes it's self to alter from the time of day. 

I think thats something they could definitely do in at least one zombie map next game.

@superstudmuffin Ah man, but having some small obscure reference to the next or upcoming map is awesome. Getting it accurate is a completely different story!

I'm so hoping they do some type of GK Nova style viral for their next game, as I was only a Zombie Slayer back then & not involved in any forums for the epic ness that was the GK Viral.

@superstudmuffin Ah man, but having some small obscure reference to the next or upcoming map is awesome. Getting it accurate is a completely different story!

I'm so hoping they do some type of GK Nova style viral for their next game, as I was only a Zombie Slayer back then & not involved in any forums for the epic ness that was the GK Viral.

Didnt they sort of try to do a GK nova esc thing that never really took off with Black Ops 2? I would love to be a part of a new viral.

I always thought some kind of activation via the menus that triggers an EE would be cool. 

For example, the hair color Easter Egg for XBL Avatars. Waiting for a certain amount of time triggers more hair color options. What if something similar in nature were to happen by waiting or pressing certain button combos activated this spontaneous Zombies theme for the main menu that would flicker, showing characters seen as zombies and everything looked rugged and post-apcalyptic?

Or perhaps the cinematic trailer that repeats before pressing start when idle is altered?

I always thought some kind of activation via the menus that triggers an EE would be cool. 

For example, the hair color Easter Egg for XBL Avatars. Waiting for a certain amount of time triggers more hair color options. What if something similar in nature were to happen by waiting or pressing certain button combos activated this spontaneous Zombies theme for the main menu that would flicker, showing characters seen as zombies and everything looked rugged and post-apcalyptic?

Or perhaps the cinematic trailer that repeats before pressing start when idle is altered?

Hair color? How do? I like the idea of menu triggered music

• 3 weeks later...