Best starting strategy for solo?

Just wondering if any of you all have any go to starting strategies for solo on CotD?

I am wavering between going towards the lighthouse to begin and going for the sickle first? or going to power grabbing the MP40 and getting jugg first?

have had equal success with both, but neither feels really comfortable...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I usually aim for the lighthouse first when it's around 5 or above. At the start of the game, I'm pretty complacent about using the M14. By round 4, the zombies will begin running and George will begin creating those damned sprinters. Hence why 5 is probably going to be your limit before you make like a tree and leave.

The lighthouse path is better anyways because:

- MP5K is along the path after the first debris is removed

- Stairwell is great for running short trains to rack easy points w/o power

- Sickle down below

- about 80% chance of Mystery Box spawning on that side of the map

In fact, you could go powerless using either the stairwell or Ak74u area until as high as Round 15 (though at that point you' probably want power on anyways).

If you are dying to have some kind of perk after power is on, invest ASAP on Speed Cola or Juggernog if you already have enough points to purchase your way through.

I go make sure the box is at the base of the lighthouse before I even start the game and a head that way about round three or four I head out the door where the EE starts and run a train outside by the AK74 till I can afford to open up and get jugg it works great for me that is my fav map for solo play

Violent Professional

I go for sickle knife first.

I normally pick up MP5 to damage before I knife, until I generate enough points toward sickle. Afterwards I camp by AK74 until I get enough to turn on power and get jug.

My main set up is jug, QR, flopper, and mule kick. Get Mustang and Sally, an AR for George, and either Ray Gun or the Scavenger.

I camp at the bottom level of lighthouse or AK depending on George, but with the door closed.

This map is hard solo, and very time consuming. Not one of my favorites but I keep coming back to it because I still haven't gotten 8 perks.

Good luck.

Hey Clay, the more I've played zombies the more I've realised that the start isn't as important as I once thought.

On COTD, I'd probably go for Jugg fairly quickly now, as this map can be very punishing when going for the Sickle first.  By round 15 or so, it doesn't matter how you started, it levels out.

This isn't a starting guide, it's a guide to get to 50 with ammo management and thoughts on using George to assist.

In zombies, I'm a knife addict.

Around 4, open to lighthouse, grab mp5k. Fight for points. Get sickle. Fight outside lighthouse until i can buy to jugger.

/going from memory, it's been a while.

Oddly, i never did a high round game; i always ran out of time around 30, once going to 31 before quitting (usually running inside bottom of lighthouse with pap scavenger).