How CoD 2015 Should Work?

I'm talking specifically about zombies (duh) because i have mentioned it but never made a thread. So people want character customization, and one of the very few things ghosts did right was character customization. It wasn't originally in extinction, but those smarties patched it in.

But zombies is so much more story based so making up a character wouldnt work as well... On classic maps. But think about all the potential for survival, grief, and other game modes added. You could choose gender, hair and such but here comes the fun part, earn money.

The could totally call it Z (with lines through it, like bonus points/blood money) and you would earn it by completing challenges, doing easter eggs, finding radios, and of course just for playing as you normally do. This Z is then used to buy a plethora of hairstyles, hats, masks, clothes, shoes, and even voices for your character.

Specifically it could be neat to be able to hear them talk, so "personalities" like jock, nerd, geek, military, tom boy, business, marine, skater, druggie, insane, sneaky, kind, evil, ect. Could be chosen to fully customize them. And knowing how cod loves its microtransations, they could sell personalities for Dempsey, Nikolai, Takeo, Richtofen, Samantha, Maxis, Mason, Resnov, ect. For like $1 each or all for $5. I would be down to spend some money to play as samantha or nikolai again!

Adding a level of customization could potentially go farther, one way or looking at is was special unlocks you could earn by either paying a large amount of Z. Most preferably though, I think it would be cool to have the following available as prestige unlocks if the leveling system works like multiplayer.

-Change starting weapon (M1911, Mauser, Makarov, Tac-45, ect)

-Swap one wall weapon with a box weapon. For example, swap the svu with the barrett. Now the barrett appears on the wall, and the svu is seen cycling in the box.

-Choose one weapon the be in the box "twice" For example if there are 25 guns in the box on a map, instead of 1 out of 25 chance it is 2 out of 26. This is not available for wonder weapons.

-Choose certain attachments for certain guns. I love the extended clip B23R in origins, so i would choose something like that to always be on the B23R in the future. Possibly make it only available to wall weapons, what do you think?

-Choose a "favorite" perk. This perk could always be 10% off. So Jugg would be 2250 instead of 2500.

-Get a boost in ONE of the following: 1.25x faster revive, 1.5x Swapping speed, 1.1x Reload speed, 1.2x Running speed.

Stuff like that. Maybe the survival bonus is a bit too complicated.. While i like complicated, i understand its not for everyone.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sense this is generally the same thing I am going to resist linking back to my "Trail of tears" set up. 

Some things to consider: 

Z- I assume is currency, the text there through me for a bit I apologize if I'm wrong.. But I personally think it would be better to use the money one has in their bank. It would make spending one's bank funds all the more un-liked, as you're spending your hair-money. 

-I love the character customization voices TOP notch love it! And the DLC downloadables (I WILL ALWAYS BE RICHTOFEN!) They don't even have to limit it to zombies characters either (Snoop dog anyone? LOL) 

-Each starting weapon has it's own effect when upgraded! Love it: M1911---> Mustang and sally, don't like splash damage? Try the Boomhilda from the Mauser! 

-I personally think you should take the box idea a step further. Why not just choose the weapons that are in your box? Like, have a set amount of weapons (including the map's WW) and a few others specific to the map and make them permanent to that map's box, but then allow, say 10 weapons to be exchanged and swapped so one can change the DSR for the Barret or the RPD for the LSAT. As long as it's not game-changing swaps (like the war machine for the Hammer). Likewise you must have every slot filled with a weapon, you can't "drain" the box for a mark 2… And of course every weapon has balanced rarities: Having a M2 in the box is more rare then the M1. 

-What if instead of a "favorite perk" one chooses the 3 perms-perks they get in the game? 

Sense this is generally the same thing I am going to resist linking back to my "Trail of tears" set up. 

Some things to consider: 

Z- I assume is currency, the text there through me for a bit I apologize if I'm wrong.. But I personally think it would be better to use the money one has in their bank. It would make spending one's bank funds all the more un-liked, as you're spending your hair-money. 

-I love the character customization voices TOP notch love it! And the DLC downloadables (I WILL ALWAYS BE RICHTOFEN!) They don't even have to limit it to zombies characters either (Snoop dog anyone? LOL) 

-Each starting weapon has it's own effect when upgraded! Love it: M1911---> Mustang and sally, don't like splash damage? Try the Boomhilda from the Mauser! 

-I personally think you should take the box idea a step further. Why not just choose the weapons that are in your box? Like, have a set amount of weapons (including the map's WW) and a few others specific to the map and make them permanent to that map's box, but then allow, say 10 weapons to be exchanged and swapped so one can change the DSR for the Barret or the RPD for the LSAT. As long as it's not game-changing swaps (like the war machine for the Hammer). Likewise you must have every slot filled with a weapon, you can't "drain" the box for a mark 2… And of course every weapon has balanced rarities: Having a M2 in the box is more rare then the M1. 

-What if instead of a "favorite perk" one chooses the 3 perms-perks they get in the game?

I considered having one persistant perk being permanent (see post from ages ago) but i changed it for the sake of balance. And while i would love a customized box it has two problems. A: Waaay too complicated for call of duty B: it kinda ruins the point of the box. But hey lets go on a middle ground and say you can stick up to three personal choice guns in the box, perhaps even with attachments!

Tac-45 -> Taz-3r

3/30

Shoots a deadly bolt of lightning that kills one zombie on any round, shoots 6 bolts in random directions... These bolts will hit and then send 3 bolts in random directions, ending the chain. It's like the unholy love child of the sliquifier and the zap guns.

Makarov -> Resputin

10/100

Weird ass gun, shoots shot gun shells that sap health from everything it hits. Spray and prey when surrounded to survive forever!!... Until you have to reload.

I actually think a custom mystery box would be a fantastic idea! Only for custom games so it won't effect leaderboards so why not? The custom character would be cool and of course only for grief etc. I don't want to be doing storyline Easter eggs with Billy Nobody but grief would be cool since at this point we are stuck with no names that don't say anything! On one of my last threads I wanted zombies to modify the idea of the armory but put in zombies, so we could have things like different starting weapons, extra perk slots, more points with shotguns, and just about any small upgrade you think about.

Why not effect the box in a real game? Whats the difference? 

No wait, let me guess: "I feel that it would be OP" 

It would not be over powered! Why would it? If one could exchange RPGs for RPDs that IS overpowered, but what I'm talking about is RPDs for LSATs. They're practically the SAME weapon! So one has a faster reload or is slightly lighter or has a scope? All weapons have an equal. The ability to exchange equals for equals would be amazing! One would never get bored with their box! 

I think i have a concept about a box customization idea for custom Games, It was called the Toybox Mode.

In toybox Mode you would be able to tinker with the contents of the Box the same way you would Tinker with your classes in black ops 2. Each Weapon is worth a certain amount of Points and as long as the box has enough space left you could insert the weapon. 

You would also be able to unlock new weapon packs as you prestige allowing you to have world war weapons and cold war weapons in the rotation as well. 

In toybox mode you would also be able to choose the Box design from a few skins such as hell Chest, Classic, Relic, and many other new skins.

Toy box mode also allows you to choose the pack a punch camo.

To be honest though Now that I think about it Activision Could milk the Money out of this if they wanted to. Imagine 5 bucks per skin and voice pack.

No.. And dont mock me! (Get it?)

Its becuase it would be extremely complicated. In a perfect world, why not? But i could never see it actually happening.

But lets say they do.

LMG(pick 2): RPD, LSAT, Browning, HAMR, MG/08, New LMG

Assault Rifles(Pick 4): MTAR, Galil, Honey Badger, Commando, Stoner, AUG, 2 new assualt rifles

SMG(Pick 3): Chicom, Spectre, Famas, PDW, Uzi(dual wield, mwahahaha >: )...too much?) Vector, Skorpian, new smg

Snipers(Pick 2): DSR, Barrett, XPR, Dragunov, 1 new sniper

Pistols: Basic(Pick 2): Five seven, Kap-40, CZ, that one from ghosts, 2 new pistols.

Pistols: "revolvers"(Pick 2): Magnum .187, Python, Executioner, New model army, 2 new "revolvers"

Shotguns:(Pick 4): Double barrel, stakeout, m1216, ksg, remington, s12, 2 new shotguns

Semi auto rifles(pick 1): FAL, SMR, 1 new SAR

explosives(pick 2): War machine, RPG, Smaw, china lake/grenade launcher, one new unique one (perhaps a lock on one)

"Other" weapons(pick 2): Ballistic Knife, Crossbow(classic), x-bow(2025), Chainsaw, flamethrower, 1 new weapon.

I think i have a concept about a box customization idea for custom Games, It was called the Toybox Mode.

In toybox Mode you would be able to tinker with the contents of the Box the same way you would Tinker with your classes in black ops 2. Each Weapon is worth a certain amount of Points and as long as the box has enough space left you could insert the weapon. 

You would also be able to unlock new weapon packs as you prestige allowing you to have world war weapons and cold war weapons in the rotation as well. 

In toybox mode you would also be able to choose the Box design from a few skins such as hell Chest, Classic, Relic, and many other new skins.

Toy box mode also allows you to choose the pack a punch camo.

To be honest though Now that I think about it Activision Could milk the Money out of this if they wanted to. Imagine 5 bucks per skin and voice pack.

I have considered this idea in the past, and its getting into a whole new topic. Custom maps.

What im saying is you have base areas of maps, but perhaps a builder mode where.. For example lets take the golden gate bridge from mob of the dead. I could block off use of the chairs, add jugg next to the boxes, add cherry up on the chairs area, place a box in the back, and make the only weapons in the box be all 6 LMG's and the ray gun.

Did you get all that? The idea is taking a base area and making your own survival map like town or cell block.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a derp and totally forgot ghosts set the ball rolling in multiplayer. So as extinction patched in later, zombies could share a custom character with your multiplayer profile!

Because who dosen't want to shoot people as nikolai with a pink mohawk? If you don't, you don't have your priorities straight. 

Seriously they could bring back cod points, and you could earn it in multiplayer AND zombies! That custom character of yours could get decked out in any combination of items, the sky is the limit. Not only would this be possible in zombies, but it would bring some much needed pizzazz to multiplayer. 

Seriously, ghosts had all this serious military shit at first... Bitch this is call of duty, the least serious shooter in the world besides borderlands..So get with the program and let me have a rainbow afro. 

perhaps have multiple path upgrades for guns and your character  (to give people something to work for) e.g. rebuilding barriers are 25% quicker, bullets penetrate zombies quicker, 3 hits KO, longer time to bleed out, faster revive time.etc

that sounds like permaperks

i mean for the level system! it's annoying going up the ranks and not gaining anything, so to give people something to work for

Edited by Kyle8957