The Cryptic Jimmy Zielinski

@Nightmare Voyager

You made a thread about a cryptic Jimmy Zielinski tweet, so obviously previous cryptic tweets would get referenced at some point. Telling people what they can and cannot discuss, even when it is still technically on-topic is a bit douchey.

It isn't my post XD someone thought the MK II was too but it wasn't so why address it to me?Probably because you posted a lot on this thread and the RGM2 thread.

Probably between us we actually had more threads on the RGM2 thread than mocking me.

I would say that is pretty true lol We should just rename ourselves as Thread Hijacker #1/2

I'm out of this thread though. Hijacked it enough already!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31133d1390022922-nagua-vs-yellowman-drev

If anyone would like to discuss the meaning of Shangri-La Mountains, please go here.

However, if you are making a metaphor, referencing, or comparing the Shangri La tweet to the new tweet - that's absolutely fine.

Whatever Jimmy Z tweets about is seemingly never important or apparent until after he tweets about it.  That's really what we are comparing with the Shangri-La tweet.

I also find it funny that he literally says "don't go hunting", and half of you are like "OMG LETS START HUNTING".  I love the enthusiasm, but it's pretty clear that this is deeper then just walking around the maps looking for things that look different.  I'm not try to dissuade anyone from doing that, at all.  I just think it's funny.

31133d1390022922-nagua-vs-yellowman-drev

If anyone would like to discuss the meaning of Shangri-La Mountains, please go here.

However, if you are making a metaphor, referencing, or comparing the Shangri La tweet to the new tweet - that's absolutely fine.

Whatever Jimmy Z tweets about is seemingly never important or apparent until after he tweets about it.  That's really what we are comparing with the Shangri-La tweet.

I also find it funny that he literally says "don't go hunting", and half of you are like "OMG LETS START HUNTING".  I love the enthusiasm, but it's pretty clear that this is deeper then just walking around the maps looking for things that look different.  I'm not try to dissuade anyone from doing that, at all.  I just think it's funny.

I think he is using reverse psychology if im honest.

things that run:

towers/spire

laundomat

staminup (?)

bus

the mill behind tranzits spire 

nuketown generators...

die rises elevators

origins tank (maybe fixed??)

giant robots

soldats

I'm sure there are others I'm missing.

The "hunting" obviously refers to not looking so hard, game files are probably still tapped out. I was always interested in the mill from the corn fields, in theater I could always hear it humming.

As far as a bus moving faster, negetive. It has ALWAYS moved on from a location that has no players, in theater I've noticed the bus stop for mere seconds, as well as blow by the marker altogether.

Just a random thought thanks to cheesey prank calls....fridgerators also run.

-Tattoo

Can we all just leave the "acceptable discussion" stuff for moderators, please?

When one person says something like, "let's not talk about this because..." and then someone else is put off about it, it just leads to both parties looking rather douchey. That's just my opinion, of course, but the report feature is there for a reason guys and it's anonymous for a reason. If you feel something is not up for discussion or it just upsets you to see it being discussed, report it, citing that it doesn't advance discussion, or check out of the thread. I see too many debates begin over stupid stuff here, really.

Anyways...

I also had some time recently in TranZit and I can verify the Bus hasn't changed. Nothing has changed actually. Rode the bus a few times, investigated each stop, perused through boundaries of the stops and I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. The only variable I didn't stress was EE progress, but I observed no difference between either side, untested at this stage is an EE free (unpowered obelisk) run, but after wasting my time in this pursuit I came to an epiphany:

No doubt that Treyarch can poll their servers and determine how many people are playing at any given time. With that in mind it's also likely someone somewhere is making usage/population reports over time of those servers. I'm sure this trending information is readily available to someone like JZ. So in conclusion I can assume that these trends may have been dipping recently and, being proud of his work, JZ wanted to see those trends rise. Not only does this further serve his pride (because he can see direct evidence that his words made an impact), but it also keeps the Treyarch CoD fresher in gamers' minds. Come 2015, Treyarch wants a homerun (can anyone say 3-peat?). 

I'm not spending more time on this because it's clear to me this is just a clever tactic to try and bring players back to Black Ops. What better way than a super vague and cryptic message that alludes to what we all crave: more EE's and undiscovered secrets. JZ is playing his fans like a fiddle, but I won't take another bite. I will, however, purchase the next Treyarch CoD as long as it has zombies mode. Isn't that enough for you, JZ? Why not just add some tech to the next game disc that seals everyone's disc drive so your game has to be surgically removed once inserted into the console? I mean, come on... /endrant

Can we all just leave the "acceptable discussion" stuff for moderators, please?

When one person says something like, "let's not talk about this because..." and then someone else is put off about it, it just leads to both parties looking rather douchey. That's just my opinion, of course, but the report feature is there for a reason guys and it's anonymous for a reason. If you feel something is not up for discussion or it just upsets you to see it being discussed, report it, citing that it doesn't advance discussion, or check out of the thread. I see too many debates begin over stupid stuff here, really.

Anyways...

I also had some time recently in TranZit and I can verify the Bus hasn't changed. Nothing has changed actually. Rode the bus a few times, investigated each stop, perused through boundaries of the stops and I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. The only variable I didn't stress was EE progress, but I observed no difference between either side, untested at this stage is an EE free (unpowered obelisk) run, but after wasting my time in this pursuit I came to an epiphany:

No doubt that Treyarch can poll their servers and determine how many people are playing at any given time. With that in mind it's also likely someone somewhere is making usage/population reports over time of those servers. I'm sure this trending information is readily available to someone like JZ. So in conclusion I can assume that these trends may have been dipping recently and, being proud of his work, JZ wanted to see those trends rise. Not only does this further serve his pride (because he can see direct evidence that his words made an impact), but it also keeps the Treyarch CoD fresher in gamers' minds. Come 2015, Treyarch wants a homerun (can anyone say 3-peat?). 

I'm not spending more time on this because it's clear to me this is just a clever tactic to try and bring players back to Black Ops. What better way than a super vague and cryptic message that alludes to what we all crave: more EE's and undiscovered secrets. JZ is playing his fans like a fiddle, but I won't take another bite. I will, however, purchase the next Treyarch CoD as long as it has zombies mode. Isn't that enough for you, JZ? Why not just add some tech to the next game disc that seals everyone's disc drive so your game has to be surgically removed once inserted into the console? I mean, come on... /endrant

#2015-3peat

Is it coincidence that Jimmy tweeted this the same day that the final DLC for Ghosts/Extinction was released?

Yeah @PINNAZ I was thinking the same thing:

also something I thought of, strange that he posted it the day before the last Extinction DLC drops.

Too bad that the map is a total cop out storyline wise

Ha didn't even think of it being a passive-aggressive troll by JZ to try and take away attention from Ghosts and Extinction dlc.  Idk if there's any merit to that thought, and I really doubt its to up the play traffic on black ops 2, its been pretty steady for months now, (and last time i played both back to back, BO2 had more than double players online than ghosts *kermit drinking tea*)   No idea why he spends time doing stuff like this tbh

Psycho we should do some scavenger runs sometime man, been a while.

Anyone think this could just be a cryptic message about starting the new zombies in BO3? I'm  sure they've been working on the campaign and maybe MP but just a thought I had, as a lot of people are already writing it off as nothing.

I've been brewing this one over ever since @Nemesis_96 posted it.  Here's where my mind is going with this.

"If you go there now something will be up and running...But stay to the path. Don't go hunting."

Breakdown:

-"If you go there now"

Possible Time issue, EE's in other games have been date/event activated.  August 4th was the post, looking for anything that coincides with this.  Researched Solstice, equinox, etc.  I'm thinking that is a dead end because of the game being world wide. 

-Important side notes, August 2013 was when the last "New o4" dlc was released for playstation linking those towers together.  Did they put in an extra EE that only activated a year after for those hardcore players they love so much to discover?

-New map released for Wii-U, "Nuketown has just become available for all consoles and dierise + more dlc to come.  http://arcadesushi.com/two-years-late-nuketown-dlc-hits-call-of-duty-black-ops-2-for-wii-u/

-"something will be up and running"

-Extremely vague, something previously didn't work or activated so now they have it up and running.  *Cough*orbs*cough* (lol sorry). 

-He is not saying you have to do anything, just that it is up and running.  Does not feel like it pertains to a new event that we haven't discovered so far.

-"But stay to the path. Don't go hunting"

-Path:
1. a way beaten, formed, or trodden by the feet of persons or animals.
2. a narrow walk or way:
3.a route, course, or track along which something moves:
4.a course of action, conduct, or procedure:

- The only path that has been given to us is the Achievements with the instructions from Maxis/Richtofen.  Anything else is speculation including which map this pertains (excluding the "Bus Path").

If anything I hope this tweet atleast makes everyone do the EE atleast once.  We know it's not a race but a marathon so doing them all again might not be such a bad idea.

-"If you go there now"

Possible Time issue, EE's in other games have been date/event activated.  August 4th was the post, looking for anything that coincides with this.  Researched Solstice, equinox, etc.  I'm thinking that is a dead end because of the game being world wide. 

I was thinking something along those lines, but simpler, as in when you play.

We all know when he posted (from his timezone). Maybe hitting the game after a certain time of day would enable something.

Something I've long speculated on... That and the damn blue eyes.

IF this is a Tranzit related thing, we all know the clocks in the map have pissed us all off. Haven't been in game since this tweet, but plan to soon. I'll definitely keep the time I play in mind, as well as an open eye on the clocks-- they've never been up and running either.

I hear ya on the orbs too, since they've sort of been sputtering instead of actually running.

Good post Kered.

Probably over thinking it, yes.

I remember hearing that some of the clocks in BO1 would actually display whatever time it was... I see yer point though-- you got 4 people playing from all over and in different times. Maybe whomever was hosting, that would designate the time for the players? Or solo? Guess I don't see why that isn't possible. Everyone's system of choice has a clock...

And who knows about date issues... I find it odd they just now released Nuketown for the WiiU. So, anything is still possible, even though improbable.

Well with that logic: there's a secret recipe of herbs that when burned on top of my Xbox it will come to life and devour my toes. 

It's possible but not probable… 

That's not possible because there is no secret recipe that could cause that reaction. This is of course if you are using the terms "secret recipe of herbs" as we know them, i.e. not some type of super-engineered, alien, nano-biological form of science unbeknownst to the majority of mankind.

But even if you were. That's only true from our perspective. From yours, it is also not possible. Because you are perfectly aware that your statement is a lie. And it is thus not possible nor probable. This again also assumes the secret recipe exists in a 3-dimensional plane that could possibly be observed by you.