DLC 4 Video

• Tech Admin

OK, so I have just watched the DLC video from IW regarding the 4 multiplayer maps and the new extinction map.

I'm sorry to say folk's - Extinction was a one game / on season trial and it won't be returning - what is said at the end is telling.

And of course, the final chapter of extinction

It ain't going to return and it's not an extension of Zombies - sorry to say folk's but it ain't.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay let's look at some facts.

The Ghosts campaign ending was left completely open, more so than that - it literally screamed at you that the story is far from over. The campaign IS connected to extinction, hence we really don't know if the story is up.

Next fact, which division of IW made extinction? That would be Neversoft. And whom did IW recently purchase? Neversoft. Neversoft is now literally part of IW, and it isn't just for the namesake.

Extinction did far better then IW could have ever predicted, and they won't let it become a one off joke. Extinction was the best thing going for ghosts, they won't leave it.

What did they say about ORIGINS? About moon? There was always conjecture over the continuation, yet it's clear that whatever makes money will remain constant.

I don't think it's the end - but at the same time I can't argue with what @Hells Warrrior quoted. It's impossible for either route to be concrete.

Next Tuesday, we will have the final august DLC and we will know if the story is over.

• Tech Admin

I dislike Ghosts that much that I have played multiplayer once and extinction twice and last no more than 30 minutes on them, which is suprising consider I have bought every CoD title for years. Never actually bought this one though, the boy bought it on his console, got a telling off and MS refunded it :)

Anyway, I see the end is nigh for Extinction, I think it was a one off to test it "poorly" received and has been consigned to the cutting floor.

• Administrators

I dislike Ghosts that much that I have played multiplayer once and extinction twice and last no more than 30 minutes on them, which is suprising consider I have bought every CoD title for years. Never actually bought this one though, the boy bought it on his console, got a telling off and MS refunded it :)

Anyway, I see the end is nigh for Extinction, I think it was a one off to test it "poorly" received and has been consigned to the cutting floor.

If it makes you feel any better I bought the season pass for all of them and didn't even bring myself to play a single one after the first DLC. I'm sure I am one side of the bias coin of thinking that it is done just because of my overall dislike for the mode (ol' werf on the other end ;) ) I play CoD for zombies and I have learned from this experience to stick to my roots. Will it come back? Maybz. Will they get any of Boom's money? That is a hard no.

• Tech Admin

They will get my money by default, I will only by CoD for zombies, if that gives me the pile of **** that goes with it, then so be it.

I detest multiplayer, I haven't played Titanfall for that reason and I can also say that the multiplayer aspect of Destiny put me off it a little - maybe it's an age thing.

They will get my money by default, I will only by CoD for zombies, if that gives me the pile of **** that goes with it, then so be it.

I detest multiplayer, I haven't played Titanfall for that reason and I can also say that the multiplayer aspect of Destiny put me off it a little - maybe it's an age thing.

I'm surprised that you were put off Destiny by the multiplayer. I actually only had one game of it, and it logged me off half way through. Didn't bother play it again.

I loved the actual "story" mode, and to be honest, I really don't see myself playing multiplayer that much when it does come out.

Back on topic, the way they were talking on the promo trailer, I'd totally agree with it's the end of extinction.

But they could just throw a cliffhanger in at the end. The final camera shot is a pan out of the final ancestor dead, but wait, it's fingers are twitching! Dun dun duuuun!

I am not so sure they will continue the Ghosts storyline now based on how poorly it did. The campaign was slated by most reviewers and MP and Extinction was largly shunned by the majority of people.

Still... Activision may look at it from the point of view that the strict timescales the forced upon Treyarch for BO2 and IW for Ghosts is what got both games a lot of negative feedback and they may give IW another crack at the whip with both Ghosts and Extinction now they have more time to develop it and get PROPER QA for both titles.

Next fact, which division of IW made extinction? That would be Neversoft. And whom did IW recently purchase? Neversoft. Neversoft is now literally part of IW, and it isn't just for the namesake.

Neversoft were not purchased by IW. They have been a division of Activision for some 14 odd years and it was Activision who decided to merge them with IW to expand the size of the studio after it saw a lot of employees move over to Respawn, while others moved on to other developers.

As a massive fan of Neversofts previous works, I was badly let down with Exctinction myself. Not that it is not fun to play, because it is, but when you play it a few times there is no point in returning to it, and that is why I did not and never will purchase any of the DLC for it. No longevity to it.

Neversoft were not purchased by IW. They have been a division of Activision for some 14 odd years and it was Activision who decided to merge them with IW to expand the size of the studio after it saw a lot of employees move over to Respawn, while others moved on to other developers.

As a massive fan of Neversofts previous works, I was badly let down with Exctinction myself. Not that it is not fun to play, because it is, but when you play it a few times there is no point in returning to it, and that is why I did not and never will purchase any of the DLC for it. No longevity to it.

@DeathBringerZen - Purchased... Merged... Semantics. I understand why you felt the need to correct me on that, though.

And, as I'm sure you know, Activision has been aware of the respawn stuff for ages. It's not a new thing, and it's not a direct response.

Why would Activision bring on Neversoft just to scrap the assets that were created exclusively by them? Much less that, but dissolve the Neversoft name? Activision want to make a COD powerhouse, and the merger is the first step.

We will never see eye to eye on extinction, partly because I profoundly believe in the replayability of the mode. Teeth upgrades, ranking that actually unlocks stuff, and of course the goal to be at the top of the leaderboards. I can draw many parallels between extinction and zombies, and I love them both. I hope extinction comes back.

I completey agree that the merger was designed to keep the CoD franchise as the number one 1st person shooter on the market, and it might well work. Let's not forget that IW are the originator's of Call of Duty, and all though MW3 was a bit "hit & miss", Ghosts is the first CoD title of theirs to be so heavily criticised.

Neversoft are an amazing company (well... were), and I have confidence they will rejuvinate Call of Duty for IW. Exctinction was not terrible as I said, but they should have added a more addictive old school factor to the game play if you ask me. The replay factors you mentioned were very dull and disinteresting for me. Sure it may have made it very similar to zombies, but I really think they should have added a horde mode to it. It would have increased longevity ten fold.

Chaos mode should have been Horde mode.

• Tech Admin

I can honestly say, that after the problems between staff at IW and Activision, that IW have been hit badly - the same core team of developers have pretty much moved onto Respawn. This in my view has drastically reduced the creativity at IW and Activision know it and that's why the merge of Neversoft and IW happened.

I could actually see IW being dropped by Activision if the next installment from them is poorly received. In fact if Sledgehammers is poorly received it will only leave the Treyarch title before the next IW installement. I see the Treyarch installment as being the defining moment for the Franchise - if CoD goes, I could potentially see all the studios suffer and I could see Treyacrh creating a zombies based game but for another publisher - it's a winner and they know it and so does Activision.