Best fix for lobby glitch

As you are well aware, cod is always programmed poorly and ghosts is no exception.

For me, one of the most game-hurting glitches is the lobby glitch: no matter what, the game will put you back in the lobby that you just left, up to 20 times or more.

Playing Reinforce, it is a true nightmare; you get thrown back in, your choices are to wait until the game let's you leave again eventually, just to be put back in, or you can dashboard, but then you must play the 'fetching profile' game, which sucks, only to then get thrown into the shit lobby again.

The fact that this glitch still exists in this game, when it didn't exist in bo2, is heart breaking. I often wonder if they even play the game at all.

Anyway, end rant: here is the best fix that I've found: when you see that it is going to throw you back into the same lobby like a total douchebag, pull out your ethernet cable.

Plug it back in. It will say that you need to be signed in to play xbox live, so hit the guide button and sign in. Then, while still in the guide, go to play cod ghosts. Then you can go play without playing the 'fetching profile' game and it had always broken the lock on that lobby for me so far.

You're welcome. Getting around this glitch is fantastic. Iw should be ashamed of this issue still being in the game.

(clarity edit)

Edited by 83457
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Between games, this can work: back out to where you can choose squads, extinction, or multiplayer. Hit squads, back out, hit extinction, back out/repeat a couple of times. Then try multiplayer again. This often breaks the link, but if it did throw you back in, pull the ethernet during the load map screen as stated above.

Glad i could help. The feeling i got when I first figured this out was euphoria, due to the glitch being so ridiculously annoying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Always host/host screwed? Me too. So nauseating.

So this can help, but doesn't always work; first, at the lobby, you notice that you get moved to the top half of the lobby. Then the game loads and you are on top and the first person loaded into the game.

Shit. That sounds like you are host and will have at least 1 full second of fake lag added, up to 5 full seconds of fake lag. Unfortunately, this is true and an issue that existed in bo2 and ghosts, identically.

Since they refuse to address this glitch, here's what i must do to avoid host;

At that moment, leave the Game, hit the guide button, go to friends (hit A), go right to recent players, try to join game in progress (sometimes you must hit B, then hit A again while highlighting a recent player).

It won't always let you rejoin, but if it does, you aren't host screwed anymore.

Not guaranteed, but most games I end up getting a lobby built around me (instantly) and i get to be host/host screwed.

That little trick is the difference between a 3+kdr and a 1 kdr (if you can hold 1kdr as host).

If i never got host, i swear my kdr would be at least a solid 2.

I hope that this issue is addressed before the next cod...