Nuketown & Moon Timeline of Events

GRILL

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Keep in mind that the United States got Element 115 from the Chicora Meteor Event in 1930. The walls of Verruckt have the date and time of the impact. This isn't to say that they couldn't have gotten some from Nuketown and the 115 Excavator, but if they did, it wasn't their first cache.

• 2 weeks later...

@ do you mean "vimanas"?

That's the TEMPLE, yes, but there was a term for how they would propel it into the air. God, why do I forget it now... @ no need to be short, my friend.

Actually there are multiple theories as to how vimanas worked - some were even depicted with giant wings and tail rudders, literally a flying temple.

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say that the propulsion your talking about would be along the lines of a magnetic/gravitational harnessing. This is basically the technology theorized to move pyramids, and rumored to create Florida's "Coral Castle" (look it up, super interesting).

Then again, could also be the black hole we see in the Shangri la loading screen.

And then again AGAIN, the temples could have 115 inside of them - providing temporal displacement (but I guess that wouldn't explain the flying, would it?)

I think it's safe to say that alien technology is key to the vimanas, the temples, whatever you want to call it. I'm so surprised 3arc hasn't given us more in terms of links to other beings (other then slight Vril Ya references). The nazis believed in VRIL energy in real life, and in the vril Ya themselves. My favorite tidbit is that the nazi's all women vril society (Vrillika) would grow their hair long to the ground, because they believed their electric brain pulses would better reach the inner earth dwelling vril ya.

Sorry kind of went off on a tangent there, regardless - Magnetic/gravitational energy harnessed by the ancients is the most plausible way of propulsion for the vimana (unless you've got like a space shuttle sized rocket in the bottom, but then that brings in questions of fuel).

• Administrators
GRILL, I find it totally plausible to say that there could be a propulsion system in the temple, as opposed to it being a Vimana. In Shangri-La, there's multiple boxes that talk about a rocket launch and the one in Chinese says "rocket propellant/propeller/propelled" depending on the context. Yes, I agree that this is referring to the monkey launches when they take your perks, but this shows that modern forms of propulsion present on the map so I won't rule it out yet. I don't think it uses it, but I can't say it doesn't.
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking at this intrigues me. Let's say that the "MEANWHILE..." is in relation to the events of Nuketown Zombies. Note that the pyramid -shortly after flying through space - is now seen planted on the Moon's surface. It appears as though the four astronauts are coming out of that temple...or at least one of them is. We can't call them the O4 yet because we know that we spawn right in No Man's Land, in front of Hangar 18. Why travel to the Moon via pyramid, go to Area 51, only to come right back? It doesn't make much sense. What is known from this image, however, is that the pyramid is probably still on the Moon a good distance away from Griffin Station.

I'm reflecting back on this and it makes me wonder: if we have one temple sitting just outside of the Moon base, and the MPD within the base itself, doesn't that account for two pyramids? Sure, they aren't the exact same thing but it seems peculiar and odd to have them both near one another.

The excavation drill is spot on. For what purpose would [they] have to excavate the Element 115, I don't know.

Pardon me if someone already said this, but if the Nuketown loading screen truly takes place sometime in the future, and Moon's "Meanwhile" correlates with Shangri-La, but also with Nuketown since they happen at the same time, isn't it safe to assume that Moon and Shangri-La's loading screens (NOT THE MAPS) are some time in the distant future?

Edited by Bauerklos
  • 2 weeks later...

@The Meh notice only four astronauts...

Umm... yes? I see that...

Why cant the loading screen take place after Moon, four astronauts for the characters, they see a temple crash on to the moon and with no Earth to go back to they venture to it, remembering Shangri La.

@MrRoflWaffles - always welcome, the hype is surely starting and will only increase over the coming weeks and months.

I guarantee upon trailer release, the site will explode with posts, users and the like. 100% right mate, I just popped onto CODZ to see what people were saying about the trailer. I wasn't expecting to see several pages on topics that were only posted last night. It's great to see.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, maybe we should look at another thing, the sort of style of TranZit, if its a few decades after Earth got destroyed like Maxis says, then nothing really should have changed in the terms of furniture or style. One thing I'd like to point out is that the style of TV in TranZit and Die Rise is that of a bunny ear antenna sort or style, so if anyone can pinpoint when then the TVs were made maybe that could be something?