Security Protocol 935 and Operation Shield

Guest Tac

[center:2fqnwt09]Hey guys, TacticalInsertion here with a connection that I'm not sure how many have madce and I'd like to bring it to light! In this thread, I'll be connecting Moon and Der Riese even further and explaining Security Protocol 935 and Operation Shield. There is one quote that opened the doors and another that we can connect to. Here is the first one:[/center:2fqnwt09]

[center:2fqnwt09]

Dr. Groph: Eagle’s Nest. This is Griffin Station. We have an update. Over.

Dr. Richtofen: Dr. Groph, have you made any progress?

Dr. Groph: Yes Doctor. The machine is ready. Awaiting the conduit.

Dr. Richtofen: Very good, I will proceed with Operation Shield and join you shortly.

Dr. Groph: Security Protocol 935.

Dr. Richtofen: Yes, I will dispose of Dr. Maxis and that little brat personally. Do not... touch... Anyth-

[/center:2fqnwt09]

[center:2fqnwt09]OPERATION SHIELD[/center:2fqnwt09]

[center:2fqnwt09]In that radio above, you can see that he mentions Operation Shield. Now a few of you may not know how that connects, well I'm not sure if you remember the final Der Riese radio. Over the P.A. System in that map, it says that "the shield is now active, destroy the designated materials and report to the barracks, this is not a drill." It mentions a shield there. So from that, I believe we can conclude that Operation Shield is a shield of some sort in Der Riese. Do they mean it literally, or perhaps metaphorically? I am stumped on this one and I want to know what you think, what is the shield?[/center:2fqnwt09]

[center:2fqnwt09]SECURITY PROTOCOL 935[/center:2fqnwt09]

[center:2fqnwt09]You hear Dr. Groph say Security Protocol 935 and Richtofen proceed to state that he is going to take care of Dr. Maxis and Samantha, so from that I believe that Security Protocal 935 is the codename for the destruction of them.[/center:2fqnwt09]

I'm sorry if you felt that this was a little bland or not that big of a connection or anything, but it is still part of the story and I hope that we can get some discussion on it! :D

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest WhosOnFirst

If, and it a big if, if I had to narrow down the possible meaning of the shield I would say it maybe a referance to the

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetosphere

It would seem to tie into the other referances on the Blackboards. As for the storyline and referances after DR; I stopped listening. :cry:

Out of interest, does the quote say "the shield has been raised" or does it say "the shield is now active" ?.

Guest MurderMachineX

I think that Operation Shield is an emergency procedure of Der Riese. I think it references how the employees were told to swallow cyanide pills in case of a Zombie outbreak. Operation Shield is to "shield" Der Riese against a Zombie outbreak. Destroy the materials, probably 115-related things, and report to barracks to regroup. It failed ultimately.

I think Security Protocol 935 is a protocol of Griffin Station planned in advance which basically details Richtofen activating Operation Shield to eliminate 935. Elimination of the opposition gives Griffin Station a form of "security".

So when Richtofen said he'd enact Operation Shield, Groph replied "Security Protocol 935" since it involves Operation Shield.

Guest PFCSNAFU

I think that Operation Shield is an emergency procedure of Der Riese. I think it references how the employees were told to swallow cyanide pills in case of a Zombie outbreak. Operation Shield is to "shield" Der Riese against a Zombie outbreak. Destroy the materials, probably 115-related things, and report to barracks to regroup. It failed ultimately.

I think Security Protocol 935 is a protocol of Griffin Station planned in advance which basically details Richtofen activating Operation Shield to eliminate 935. Elimination of the opposition gives Griffin Station a form of "security".

So when Richtofen said he'd enact Operation Shield, Groph replied "Security Protocol 935" since it involves Operation Shield.

Why would Richtofen want to stop the zombies? didnt he want control over them? I think operation shield is where he and his men would be protected so he could carry out his objectives

Guest MurderMachineX

Richtofen wasn't stopping the Zombies... The implication is that he initiated a Zombie outbreak that eliminated Der Riese.

Guest MexicanIlluminati

I'm not sure what to make of the whole Operation Shield/Security Protocol 935 thing, but I have a contribution to make.

I think Tac has extensively proven that the Nova 6 base in Cottbus Poland that is mentioned in the WMD intel is in fact the same as Der Riese. He proved it in his thread on Dr. Kurt Blome for any of you who haven't read it.

The intel also mentions the "Massacre at Der Riese", which came about when the Russians came to take Dr. Blome from 935 at Der Riese. Now my idea is that the outbreak at Der Riese and the Massacre at Der Riese are one in the same event. Sound reasonable?

EDIT: On a side note, I don't think Richtofen activates "the shield" at all. It sounds like in the final Der Riese radio the guy who hangs himself activated it.

Guest Matuzz

Operation Shield:

I think it is just security protocol to "shield" Group 935 data in Der Riese.

This means that nothing was supposed to be left behind when outbreak occurs.

This means burning documents, destroying test materials and shutting down the machines.

And if you get compromised, taking cyanide capsule.

Security Protocol 935:

Most likely is just radio silence, so nothing would be compromised.

Only after Richtofen succeed with his operation he starts the communication again.

That's how I think it is.

The intel also mentions the "Massacre at Der Riese", which came about when the Russians came to take Dr. Blome from 935 at Der Riese. Now my idea is that the outbreak at Der Riese and the Massacre at Der Riese are one in the same event. Sound reasonable?

You have a good idea with the Massacre and the outbreak being the same, because of the following. In the intel, it says that after the end of World War 2, Pavel Gorki, owner of GKM, was involved at the Massacre at Der Riese and the resulting standoff with American Forces. It states that the massacre happened, and then they fought the Americans, which makes me think that the fight with the Americans is not the massacre.

However, here's my train of thought. The massacre was the Russians infiltrating Der Riese and slaughtering all their scientists to find Dr. Steiner, and then the Americans showed up to gather intel or something along those lines, and then the Russians won, got things they thought they'd need, and left the compound. That is my idea on what it means.

Richtofen wasn't stopping the Zombies... The implication is that he initiated a Zombie outbreak that eliminated Der Riese.

I am inclined to agree with you here, I think that Richtofen released the Zombies into Der Riese to cover something up. It talks about destroying the materials, which I think is basically anything incriminating against them. I remember in History, when they were in the real Der Riese tunnels running experiments, once the war was over, they executed all their scientists because they might give something up. They believed that if they couldn't have the information, no one could, they wanted to make the Fourth Reich. Anyway, I'm not entirely sure why he'd want Der Riese gone or the Zombies broken out. Other than what I said above, I can't think of another possible option.