Why 2746? THEORY

Guest UnicornCan115

Guest UnicornCan115

As many of us know, 2746 is the required for the CoTD easter egg. But why these specific numbers, why not something more zombie related like 0115? Well I believe I have the answer. I was thinking these questions the other day so I googled 2746. I got three results: [strike:1akqebh0]Cyaninde and Happiness comic #2746[/strike:1akqebh0], a gene that encodes glutamate dehydrogenase, and 2746 Hissao, a main belt asteroid. The latter two of the three sound quite zomieish, don't you think?

Gene 2746

This gene encodes glutamate dehydrogenase protein; a mitochondrial matrix enzyme that catalyzes the oxidative deamination of glutamate to alpha-ketoglutarate and ammonia. This enzyme has an important role in regulating amino acid induced insulin secretion and activating mutations in this gene are a common cause of congenital hyperinsulinism. This enzyme is allosterically activated by ADP and inhibited by GTP and ATP. The related glutamate dehydrogenase 2 gene on the human X-chromosome originated from this gene via retrotransposition and encodes a soluble form of glutamate dehydrogenase. Multiple pseudogenes of this gene are present in humans.[provided by RefSeq, Sep 2009]

If you can understand that, contrats. What this basically says is that 2746 is an encoding protein that encodes glutamate dehrdrogenase. That special word is an enzyme that speeds up the removal of the amino radical from the amino acid. It has an important role in regulating amino acid induced insulin secretion. Activating mutations in the gene are a common cause of disorders with excessive insulin secretion. If you want more on this stuff this is the website:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/gene/2746

So what does this have to do with out lovely zombles? Could element 115 mutate this protein and cause the zombies?

Asteroid 2746

I couldn't find much on this asteroid, which is what really caught my attention. Could Asteroid 2746 hold rather large amounts of element 115? That is the real question.

Well, this was a short little summary to catch larger theory writers attention. 'Twant much anyways.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

Popular Days