The Causes of each Outbreak

Guest Monopoly Mac

Guest Monopoly Mac

Outbreaks

As of right now, we know there has been an outbreak in Paris, Berlin, Washington D.C, Japan, Shangri La, and even one on the Moon. So what is an outbreak?

An outbreak is a sudden and active manifestation. The manifestation in this case is the undead. So how did these outbreaks happen? I’ll answer this question in this thread. The following are simply personal theories of mine on how these outbreaks happened.

Nacht Der Untoten-

A B-17 Fortress bomber was shot down by the Krauts and the soldiers landed in the wrong place at the wrong time. The site that they landed at was used as a field test for the undead. 935’s goal was to improve the human condition and to do so they used Perk a Colas. The Colas enhanced the Germans soldier’s abilities but came with a deadly side effect. A few hours after death, the German would reanimate with a newfound fixation on human flesh.

Verruckt-

“Most recent communique indicated that the 935 experiments are barely under control.”

This is what Cornelius Pernell says which leads some to believe that the Verruckt outbreak happened simply because it got out of control. However, I believe the real reason behind this outbreak is the American operative known as Peter Mckay. His handler feared that his identity had been compromised and sent in the recon unit to extract him.

The only way Peter could make it out of the asylum was to sabotage the experiments and let the monstrosities out. Sure, many Germans would die but he would be able to escape right? The only casualties would be 4 unlucky marines and left arm…

Shi No Numa-

Shi No Numa is a Group 935 outpost in the middle of a remote jungle. It is also a former warzone proven by the thousand corpses that litter the area. They studied the element here and even packed it in crates to ship to other stations of 935. However, a huge meteor lay next to the outpost and the inevitable had happened. The dead Japanese soldiers reanimated and massacred the scientists that worked at the Rising Sun Facility.

Der Riese-

Dr. Maxis: "Stand up."

Zombie Groans.

Dr. Maxis: "Stand up!"

Zombie Groans.

Dr. Maxis: "Good. Look at me. (Snaps Fingers) Over Here! Good. Now walk forward."

Zombie Groans and shuffling footsteps are heard.

Dr. Maxis: "Excellent. Further. Keep coming."

Zombie groans, footsteps stop.

Dr. Maxis: "It's all right. Stay there."

Zombie groans, footsteps resume, only faster.

Dr. Maxis: "Calm down. I order you..."

Zombie attacks.

Dr. Maxis: "Kill it!"

Gunfire. Zombie dies.

Dr. Maxis: "Bring me another."

This radio proves that Zombies were held and kept at the Der Riese facility for testing. The cause of this outbreak is brought to you by yours truly, Edward Richtofen.

As we all know, Richtofen teleported Samantha and Maxis expecting them to die. Shortly after, the facility was overrun by the undead and the power went out. I believe that Edward issued an order to his partner and best friend, Dr.Schuster, to let the zombies out. Sadly he never expected Schuster to make it out alive and he was only a pawn.

Since keeping Edward alive was crucial to the master plan, Schuster handed him a Colt and teleported him to the Rising Sun facility. This left Schuster trapped inside a building and with no cyanide pills to help him. The only way to save himself from a painful death to the undead would be to hang himself. Regretting what he had done he said “God forgive us all!”.

Kino Der Toten-

Friedrich Steiner was a scientist who dealt with chemicals and Wunderwaffen experiments. He was on par with the greatest scientists of his time but he also had a bad side to him. He was unstable, selfish, cowardly, and prone to randomness. Perhaps he was a jealous person as well. Steiner specialized in chemistry and mind control, both of which Kino Der Toten is affiliated with.

Proven by the tipped over canister and ashes, it is obvious that foul play was involved in the outbreak of Kino Der toten. There could be only one superior scientist in Germany and that was Friedrich Steiner. Funny enough, Maxis escaped and lived.

Five-

Notice how every Perk a Cola machine is placed casually in every room in Pentagon. My theory is that after these Perks were discovered after the war, they were installed in every US controlled facility. They have amazing effects such as extra strength and extra speed but come with the risk of reanimation.

I believe that what happened under the Pentagon is parallel to what happened in Ascension. A man who worked closely with the element started to hear voices in his head. He also worked on teleportation just like Yuri. Eventually he caused an accident in the labs and the undead broke out while he slipped his way into the teleporter... You can see this man every 5 or so rounds on the map Five.

Ascension-

Similar to how the Americans installed the Perk Machines in their facilities, Russians kept the machines in theirs as well. Every Russian who worked at this particular Rocket facility had 115 flowing in their veins and after death would reanimate.

Most of us know the story of Yuri and Gersch. Yuri was a scientist who knew much about the element and hated his boss for demoting him. He started to hear voices and certain events led to the banishment of Gersch. As to what happened to Yuri, I believe that Samantha had no more use for him and did away with him.

Call of the Dead-

This one is hard to explain but it is possible. George Romero came upon very interesting documents that described necromancy, 115, and the undead. He hired a crew of very well known actors to make a film with him on Call of the Dead. The 935 outpost was abandoned but what Romero didn't realize was that it was abandoned for a reason. Blood thirsty, undead Russians littered the area and eventually found the crew where they fought for their lives.

Shangri La-

When Dr.Richtofen was teleported to Shangri La, he found hundreds of natives and villagers. At first he presented himself as superior and the people praised him as a god. Soon after, Richtofen enslaved them and forced them to mine the abundant 115 in the area. He also used them as test subjects for his experiments.

Of course after years of mining the element, the Shangri La slaves turned one by one. A once beautiful place known as a Paradise is now an undead nightmare.

Moon-

Everything was going according to plan and the Griffin scientists only needed to wait for the conduit to arrive. However, a little girl ruined it all and turned out to be the death of them all. Samantha ran into the pyramid activating it and she became the conduit. She had no homicidal thoughts until she saw her daddy get murdered before her eyes. Now with unlimited power, she would not be satisfied until every person involved with 935 or 115 was dead.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BlindBusDrivr

Seems pretty solid expect Call of the Dead I disagree.

Richtofen's radios are on the boat and it's got lots of Group 935 related stuff on it too. And those crates on the ship, they have impressions and restraints, fit with perfect human proportions, they were for transporting the 'test subjects!'

George found the documents before, and traced it back to the site which he used for a filming location to add some realism. But it all backfired when the zombies awoke from their icy graves...

Guest MyLittleHellhound

Very nice post, the only one I'm not sure of is yes the Call Of The Dead one. I don't think they were headed to the site...and as well George explained in the cutscene. Some stuff.

Good job though ;)

Guest Monopoly Mac

The reason I say what I say about Cotd is because of the IMBD plot summary that came out before it was released. It said something like "On the hunt for the origins of the enigmatic Element 115, they head for the site of an ancient meteorite impact crater but their ship mysteriously runs aground."

Guest MyLittleHellhound

Where does it say that? All I see is this:

Storyline

The upcoming "Escalation" map pack for Activision's Call of Duty: Black Ops will features a zombie level known as 'Call of the Dead'. Set in a mysterious Siberian island and inspired by legendary writer and director George A. Romero, a group of four fearless explorers fight for their lives amidst an army of zombies. Danny Trejo, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Robert Englund and Michael Rooker are all playable characters who fight off the zombie army

Hmmmm but I wonder if a greater force pulled the ship aground or was it just natural causes.....

Guest Monopoly Mac

It's anchors away for mayhem! In this epic tale of survival inspired by legendary writer and director George A. Romero, a group of four fearless explorers fight for their lives amidst an army of bloodthirsty Russian zombies. The story begins with our heroes stranded in the frozen wastelands of a forgotten Siberian outpost. On the hunt for the origins of the enigmatic Element 115, they head for the site of an ancient meteorite impact crater but their ship mysteriously runs aground. In the midst of a horrific snowstorm, our intrepid adventurers inadvertently unleash an unearthly horde of ravenous Zombies. From the island's deserted lighthouse to a shipwrecked ocean liner and a precarious zip-line in between, it's kill or be killed. And with shiploads of zombie Russian soldiers, scuba divers and sailors that rise out of the frozen ground and icy waters it's not going to be easy, especially considering the deadly surprise that one particular (and somewhat notable) Zombie has in mind.

This was the plot summary for Call of the Dead that was released almost 2 weeks before the map actually came out. It's written very well and its pretty accurate. Some people say its fake and others say its legit.

Guest Ehjookayted

IMBD is official, and I know most of the stuff written there is official, other than user reviews of course. Until we can have significant evidence otherwise, I like Mac's stance.

It's fact until proven fiction.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

Most of that is just a map description of the layout and stuff, which is pretty accurate of coarse.

But the thing is that Romero explains in the cutscene, that he found old nazi documents, and that some if it happened right there. He wanted a real setting. and to explore some of these stuff on his own at the same time.

And the boat cannot be theirs, it just simply doesn't make any sense. Like the boat is obviously very old. And has cut in half and rusted with ice and flooded with water. and the perk a colas are on it. And Richtofen's radios on board as well. And to add, the containers as I pointed out. And that there are pictures of the ship inside the lighthouse by the tele porter.

Guest Monopoly Mac

You got me on the boat thing BusDrivr. I guess what really happened was George Romero found interesting documents when he was researching WW2 and decided to film on Cotd. The plot summary is really describing the story of the film their making not what happened in reality. Thanks for the correction Bus.

Guest MyLittleHellhound

It's anchors away for mayhem! In this epic tale of survival inspired by legendary writer and director George A. Romero, a group of four fearless explorers fight for their lives amidst an army of bloodthirsty Russian zombies. The story begins with our heroes stranded in the frozen wastelands of a forgotten Siberian outpost. On the hunt for the origins of the enigmatic Element 115, they head for the site of an ancient meteorite impact crater but their ship mysteriously runs aground. In the midst of a horrific snowstorm, our intrepid adventurers inadvertently unleash an unearthly horde of ravenous Zombies. From the island's deserted lighthouse to a shipwrecked ocean liner and a precarious zip-line in between, it's kill or be killed. And with shiploads of zombie Russian soldiers, scuba divers and sailors that rise out of the frozen ground and icy waters it's not going to be easy, especially considering the deadly surprise that one particular (and somewhat notable) Zombie has in mind.

This was the plot summary for Call of the Dead that was released almost 2 weeks before the map actually came out. It's written very well and its pretty accurate. Some people say its fake and others say its legit.

The shipwrecked ocean liner........that boat for sure doesn't look like an ocean liner to me :|

Guest AlphaSnake

liner: a large commercial ship (especially one that carries passengers on a regular schedule).

Not all Ocean Liners look like a cruise ship.

It reads pretty well Mac.

BBD does have a point about the ship, it was part of Group 935 in my opinion.

A good question for me is, where were they bringing the test subjects from?

Regards Alpha.

Guest Monopoly Mac

I agree the ship was controlled by Group 935. I believe they were bring test subjects from other ships because the zombies we see are Russian sailors or scuba divers. I know the containers weren't storing live people because you wouldn't need to restrain them so much. Going with the IMBD summary being legit here... The story they were trying to make was supposing to be accurate so I think that the ship did actually "mysteriously run aground". Most likely when Samantha started using her powers she influenced the ship and drove it into an iceberg. Then the zombies got released and thats why Cotd is how it is now.

Guest MexicanIlluminati

liner: a large commercial ship (especially one that carries passengers on a regular schedule).

Not all Ocean Liners look like a cruise ship.

It reads pretty well Mac.

BBD does have a point about the ship, it was part of Group 935 in my opinion.

A good question for me is, where were they bringing the test subjects from?

Regards Alpha.

Well since we can't seem to find any evidence of actual TESTING taking place at COTD i think its more likely that the ship had just returned from delivering zombies somewhere else when it fell victim to the waves and rocks

Guest BlindBusDrivr

I think Mac hit it on the head in our Skype chat.

The IMDB description is the description of the MOVIE George was filming. That was supposed to be the story. And they were actually there filming on location because Romero mentions in the cutscene he found some crazy nazi documents and some of it happened right there. So he wanted to explore for himself. And there is some evidence because in the cargo bay by juggernog there's a flare on the ground. Considering how long flares burn, I'll take it that was put there recently.