Story of the Ascension Group

Guest BlindBusDrivr

Guest BlindBusDrivr

The Ascension Group

Hello everbody, I am here to discuss the Ascension Group with you. A part of the story with a meaning far deeper than most of us believe, and I am here to unveil that to you. So sit back and enjoy!

So who are the Ascension Group?

The Ascension Group is a large group of Russian scientists that went to work with Group 935 in it’s earliest days of creation. They specialized in rockets, and chemical engineering. Here’s a picture of the 6 who worked on ICBMs at Baikonur.

ScreenShot2012-02-26at91212AM.png

ScreenShot2012-02-26at91532AM.png

Some others apart of this were Sergei Korolev, Pavel Gorki, and Frederich Steiner.

But who are these men? I will explain.

The six above are the just SOME of ones working at Baikonur which the American’s were able to identify.

Sergei Korolev was a Russian rocket engineer, he was the lead spacecraft designer for the Russian space program from the early 50s until he died in 1966.

His Wikipedia bio/summary is as follows:

Sergei Pavlovich Korolev (Russian: ??????? ????????? ???????,[3] Ukrainian: ??????? ????????? ?????????, Serhiy Pavlovych Korolov, also transliterated as Sergey Pavlovich Korolyov; born 12 January [O.S. 30 December 1906] 1907 in Zhytomyr, Russian Empire (now Ukraine); died 14 January 1966 in Moscow, USSR) was the lead Soviet rocket engineer and spacecraft designer in the Space Race between the United States and the Soviet Union during the 1950s and 1960s. He is considered by many as the father of practical astronautics.

Although Korolev was trained as an aircraft designer, his greatest strengths proved to be in design integration, organization and strategic planning. Arrested for alleged mismanagement of funds (he spent the money on unsuccessful experiments with rocket devices), he was imprisoned in 1938 for almost six years, including some months in a Kolyma labour camp. Following his release, he became a recognized rocket designer and a key figure in the development of the Soviet ICBM program. He was then appointed to lead the Soviet space program, made Member of Soviet Academy of Sciences, overseeing the early successes of the Sputnik and Vostok projects. By the time he died unexpectedly in 1966, his plans to compete with the United States to be the first nation to land a man on the Moon had begun to be implemented.

Before his death he was often referred to only as "Chief Designer", because his name and his pivotal role in the Soviet space program had been held to be a state secret by the Politburo. Only many years later was he publicly acknowledged as the lead man behind Soviet success in space.

Dr. Pavel Gorki is one who is only slightly more hinted at. He worked on the Moon with Richtofen and at Der Riese with Maxis and the other Nazis to create chemical weapons with Steiner. You can see him mentioned in the WMD mission intel:

WMD_intel.jpg

But these men did not start off as they are in the Black Ops campaign.

Originally, they were a group of Russian scientists who joined Group 935 with the wish to use their skills to help the world. This all changed when they made a pact with the Nazis, and their once harmless knowledge and skills took a very dark turn into weapons. Rockets turned into Nuclear ICBMs and chemical and fuel engineering turned into Nova 6.

On Earth, Gorki and Steiner and the chemical engineers were happy with their resources, but the rocket scientists wanted much more.

After discovering the MPD and started to build a base on the Moon, as well as a secret alliance within Group 935, he found their discomfort and offered them and invitation to Griffin Station. They loved it for their research and used it as their home base of rocket experiments.

There are two big things that the Ascension Group invented which are very important.

1. Is PhD Flopper. PhD Flopper is a specially chemically engineered perk which was designed to prevent damage from heat and explosions and falling, and allow you body to create and explosion on it’s own when enough force was exerted. It made it infinitely easier for one to survive re-entry into the atmosphere without some sort of complex capsule to protect them.

The proof? PhD Flopper is only in places where the Ascension Group was with Richtofen. Notice, Call of the Dead, Shangri La, and Moon. Places only Richtofen went not the rest of 935. Also the map Ascension. So it seems wherever they went, their group went. If you’re wondering why it wasn’t introduced to Maxis if they still had some scientists in Der Riese it’s because it could compromise that they were working with Richtofen so it was kept amongst themselves.

And

2. The R-7 Rocket Family. The R-7 Rocket family is a series or rockets characterized by their base. It consists of one main thruster surround by 4 others, which break off after the first stage. To this day it is the most successful rocket system in existence. It is the exact same rocket series, which he Vostok I was apart of, which sent Yuri Gagarin into space. They were hired by the Russians to work on rockets for them after the war and refit them for launching monkeys to the moon to bring back 115 for their experiments with the Gersch Device.

The Proof? Well the R-7 is the EXACT same rocket series as the A) Moon rockets B) The Vostok I capsule, which they can be seen working on in the campaign custcenes

ScreenShot2012-02-26at91257AM.png

and C) The Soyuz ICBMs in the campaign.

And my biggest point about this is the time. We see the R7 rockets at Griffin Station, which has been abandoned since the 40s. Yet we see Soyuz ICBMs, which didn’t exist in reality until the 60s! Groundbreaking proof they were designed on Moon, and almost entirely likely by the Ascension Group.

GPN-2002-000184.png

Back on Earth, the major chemical engineers, Gorki and Steiner, were working for the wunderwaffe programs demand for a powerful chemical weapon. They came up with Nova 6, which became widely used throughout the German army and Group 935, and later the Russian Special Forces.

After the Massacre at Der Riese in 1945 Gorki was picked up by Russian allies in the nearbye area and they were able to pick him up and secure Der Riese for Russia. Leaving the Americans to search for Kino and Verruckt.

Steiner however, was not originally apart of the Ascension Group until he began working with Gorki, so he was out and away in an Artic Base in Northern Greenland where the Russian ‘Olympus’ team located and co-opted him. His expertise became very useful and vital to the Russians so he was kept, Gorki also returned working with him.

Pavel Gorki and Sergei Korolev teamed together back in Russia and created Gorki-Korolev medical. Made to stay under the radar from the public and work on Russian secret projects.

The main Rocket scientists were sent to the Baikonur Cosmodrome to work on rockets. They developed the R7 Soyuz further, besides creating their achievments in real life, in the game they build a Soyuz platformed to carry monkeys to the Moon in order to bring back Element 115 for the Project Mercury/Gersch Device.

These Scientists were killed along with others in the American assault on the cosmodrome and then the following zombie outbreak.

Steiner and Gorki were still able to work on Nova 6, improving it’s power even greater. With the help of a new English scientist named Daniel Clarke. Along with this Steiner moved on to work on mind control projects as well with the Russians, helping with their attempt at MK ULTRA at the Vorkuta Gulag and programming Alex Mason to kill president Kennedy.

Gorki’s fate is unknown whilst Clarke was killed in 1968 in Kowloon by Specnaz and Steiner in 1968 at the Rebirth facility by Alex Mason.

Further information and evidence of the Ascension Groups involvement can be found in this document.

***TOP SECRET***

ASCENSION

BYE 0108-56

ASCENSION GROUP EXECUTIVE SUMMARY

1. The Ascension Group is a coalition of former scientists from the German

Wunderwaffe program and Group 935. These scientists have been co-opted

and organized by Soviet General Dragovich for the purposes of pushing forward

Soviet weapons devlopment.

2. The Lead is one Fredric Steiner and his focus was on the NOVA 6 program.

He and the remnants of the Wunderwaffe scientists disappeared on 29 Oct 1945

near the Arctic Circle. Around the same time, the Soviet Operation designated

"Olympus" consisted of the 3rd Shock Army Special Operations unit led by

General Dragovich.

3. British Intelligence records state that MI-6 had a commando unit in the

general vicinity but refuse to disclose the details of their presence there.

ASCENSION

TOP SECRET

HANDLE VIA BYEMAN TALENT KEYHOLE CONTROL SYSTEM JOINTLY

So basically the Ascension Group is a major pawn behind Group 935, Griffin Station, and GKM.

I will add more if I find it and it you have any questions please ask them I’d be glad to help explain or reform the theory if necessary.

Hope you enjoyed ?

Guest Ehjookayted

This is really interesting. I think that Treyarch will definitely expand on this groups' findings and deeper purpose in the next game. Great research.

Guest MixMasterNut

Overall, nice work here [brains]

I've always felt that the Ascension Group is basically the Russians reformation of remnant Group 935 members, and were used to help in their own post-WW2 weapons program.

However I feel like you just made up stuff about Pavel Gorki working with Richtofen and Steiner, etc. I don't find his name in any document other than the CIA Intel, and I don't see the connection you've made based off the Intel.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is literally all the info we have on Pavel Gorki in the game:

DATE: February 20, 1968

SUBJECT: UPDATE ON GKM ANALYSIS

Analysis of operational intelligence has shown that the Gorki-Korolev Medical (GKM) Company based in Prague is being used to funnel the Soviet chemical weapon NOVA 6 into North Vietnam and Laos using commercial cargo planes. We believe GKM to be the front company that supplied the NOVA 6 to suspected agents within U.S. borders.

GKM is registered to once PAVEL GORKI, a cousin of Colonel Lev Kravchenko. The team is constructing a profile on Gorki, but we have confirmed that, following the end of WW2, he was involved in the massacre at Der Reise (*) and the resulting standoff with American forces.

12 hours ago, FBI/SWAT teams (acting on Agency request) raided the offices of 2 state-side companies with documented connections to GKM, BARBEAUX INDUSTRIES and JAKATDAR IMPORTS (ops reports can be found in the. Unfortunately, the offices were found empty. Both Barbeaux and Jakatdar are now verified front companies: The registered owners of these corporate entities died in the Korean War: Daniel Sutton and Noel Helmer.

In addition, IRS records show a large number of Barbeaux and Jakatdar employees, none of which can be adequately identified or located. After cross-referencing against Customs records, we now know that these UNSUBs entered the country under foreign labor visas at the behest of the aforementioned companies through various ports around the country: Los, New Orleans, Seattle, and other border regions. With our inability to locate these individuals, it would appear that we are dealing with Soviet sleep agents gone to ground to await further orders.

We are currently analyzing the companies' records and tracking leads as fast as we can, but it seems that everyone associated with Barbeaux and Jakatdar simple does not exist.

(*) Note that Der Riese is misspelled in the original CIA Intel Doc

More on this topic can be found here:

http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=18381

Guest MexicanIlluminati

I agree with the guy above me. And also, why would there be Russians working together with Germans in the middle of WW2? Do you have any proof that the Ascension group was working with 935? I thought 935 was just co-opted into the Ascension group by Dragovich after the war?

Guest BlindBusDrivr

There is no solid proof of this, but if you put the pieces together, this makes sense.

And Group 935 was NOT originally German, they were for 'helping the human condition'. But Maxis got desperate and thought the war would last a short while and agreed to help the Nazis in return for funding, but it went the opposite way and he ended up getting in grossed. The original members were from all around the world.

Porter for example, was English.

the Ascension Group was Russian

Maxis was apparently Scandanavian

Peter and Yena were American ( and they joined DURING WW II )

Though for most of this, I am just piecing it together with something that makes sense. Explaining why rockets are on the Moon, from 20 years before their actual development. Why Flopper is only on those certain maps. How Steiner knew of them like the Russians did. Gorki-Korolev = Chemical Engineer+Spacecraft Engineer, GKM works on rockets (Ascension Group) and Nova 6 (Steiner, Clarke, Gorki) etc.

In conclusion these are the ideas I came up with, which for now stand well until a new theory or evidence against it arises.

Guest MexicanIlluminati

There is no solid proof of this, but if you put the pieces together, this makes sense.

And Group 935 was NOT originally German, they were for 'helping the human condition'. But Maxis got desperate and thought the war would last a short while and agreed to help the Nazis in return for funding, but it went the opposite way and he ended up getting in grossed. The original members were from all around the world.

Though for most of this, I am just piecing it together with something that makes sense. Explaining why rockets are on the Moon, from 20 years before their actual development. Why Flopper is only on those certain maps. How Steiner knew of them like the Russians did. Gorki-Korolev = Chemical Engineer+Spacecraft Engineer, GKM works on rockets (Ascension Group) and Nova 6 (Steiner, Clarke, Gorki) etc.

In conclusion these are the ideas I came up with, which for now stand well until a new theory or evidence against it arises.

Okay 2 questions:

1) How do you know Maxis was Scandinavian? Ive never heard that/

2)What is your proof that the Ascension group was part of 935? I thought the Ascension group just co-opted 935 under Dragovich... or is that just part of your theory?

Guest Zombieofthedead

Probably was based in Germany, and had origins there, hence why the most prominent members are German. I think you mean it wasn't for the Nazi cause.

Porter we don't know of, Peter was based out of Munich (pretended to be German), likely similar with Yena. Maxis was German. I have no clue where you got Scandinavian from. Nothing to even suggest that.

I'll have to look into the rockets a bit more, but I'm fairly certain that German missiles were the basis for Russian missiles anyways. Also, Flopper is a good point, but I suspect they got it from infiltrating former 935 bases than anything else, though again, it's still a big possibility that you are correct. We do not know that Steiner had to do with 935, other than also making Wonder weapons for the Germans.

I have no clue where you got Scandinavian from. Nothing to even suggest that.

Please don't say that there is nothing to suggest something unless you have actually done research about it, just ask where they got the information, like "Where did you find that?" Anyway, the fact that Maxis' name is LUDVIG instead of LUDWIG suggests Scandinavian. With a W is German, a V is Scandinavian. As for Porter, that name is a common English name, suggesting he is English.

For Steiner and NOVA6's involvement and such, I feel like this could be an appropriate thing to quote from another thread.

Fredric Steiner was the architect of the NOVA 6 program. He worked on the German Wunderwaffe program. Here is what he looked like in 1945:

401pxsteiner2.jpg

In 1945, America's British counterparts in MI-6 inaccurately reported that the original NOVA 6 test site located outside Cottbus on the borer of Poland was destroyed under heavy bombing. Reports from the time indicated that the NOVA 6 compound was transported on the Elbe River to the North Sea where it was moved to a freighter for transport to an unknown location. MI-6 reported that the freighter ship was destroyed on direct orders from Winston Churhill and everyone was killed in the resulting explosion.

Steiner and the remnants of the Wunderwaffe scientists disappeared on October 29th, 1945 near the Arctic Circle. Around the same time, the Soviet Operation designated "Olympus" consisted of the 3rd Shock Army Special Operations unit led by General Dragovich. When Dragovich infiltrated their ship, Steiner gave up his own men to save his own sin. We now know that as the minimum, Dragovich, Kravcenko, and Steiner escaped with samples of the gas and headed back to Moscow. From there, the Ascension Group was created.

The Ascension Group was headed by Steiner himself, but organized by Dragovich. Steiner's main purpose was his workings of NOVA 6. This was the Soviet resurrection of the German NOVA6 Program. Sources say that it wasn't until 1959 that Dragovich was able to convince key party members of the necessity for a non-nuclear plan to defeat the United States, should global conflict ignite. Since the end of the war, Steiner has worked exclusively for Dragovich.

Guest Zombieofthedead

I have no clue where you got Scandinavian from. Nothing to even suggest that.

Please don't say that there is nothing to suggest something unless you have actually done research about it, just ask where they got the information, like "Where did you find that?" Anyway, the fact that Maxis' name is LUDVIG instead of LUDWIG suggests Scandinavian. With a W is German, a V is Scandinavian. As for Porter, that name is a common English name, suggesting he is English.

You do realize Porter could be American as well, yes? Immigration, and all. Fair enough about Maxis, but the fact that he has above all else, a German accent suggests to me differently. It can also actually be a name for a German person, just not as common as Ludwig. What we really should look for is the origin of the last name Maxis. That would point out more.

For Steiner and NOVA6's involvement and such, I feel like this could be an appropriate thing to quote from another thread.

Fredric Steiner was the architect of the NOVA 6 program. He worked on the German Wunderwaffe program. Here is what he looked like in 1945:

401pxsteiner2.jpg

In 1945, America's British counterparts in MI-6 inaccurately reported that the original NOVA 6 test site located outside Cottbus on the borer of Poland was destroyed under heavy bombing. Reports from the time indicated that the NOVA 6 compound was transported on the Elbe River to the North Sea where it was moved to a freighter for transport to an unknown location. MI-6 reported that the freighter ship was destroyed on direct orders from Winston Churhill and everyone was killed in the resulting explosion.

Steiner and the remnants of the Wunderwaffe scientists disappeared on October 29th, 1945 near the Arctic Circle. Around the same time, the Soviet Operation designated "Olympus" consisted of the 3rd Shock Army Special Operations unit led by General Dragovich. When Dragovich infiltrated their ship, Steiner gave up his own men to save his own sin. We now know that as the minimum, Dragovich, Kravcenko, and Steiner escaped with samples of the gas and headed back to Moscow. From there, the Ascension Group was created.

The Ascension Group was headed by Steiner himself, but organized by Dragovich. Steiner's main purpose was his workings of NOVA 6. This was the Soviet resurrection of the German NOVA6 Program. Sources say that it wasn't until 1959 that Dragovich was able to convince key party members of the necessity for a non-nuclear plan to defeat the United States, should global conflict ignite. Since the end of the war, Steiner has worked exclusively for Dragovich.

Guest MyLittleHellhound

Nice and very interesting information here BlindBusDrivr. The REALLY interesting thing is the designing the rockets on the moon..................

Guest BlindBusDrivr

Okay 2 questions:

1) How do you know Maxis was Scandinavian? Ive never heard that/

2)What is your proof that the Ascension group was part of 935? I thought the Ascension group just co-opted 935 under Dragovich... or is that just part of your theory?

To #1: Maxis' name is spelled Ludvig, not Ludwig, in almost every place it is found. The Germany spelling of it would be Ludwig. The W not the V. So if you plug it into Wikipedia and look up the name origins, you'll find LUDVIG is of Scandinavian origin.

Similar with Porter. Porter is a very common English name. So it's safe to assume he is English.

To #2:

I believe you missed this at the bottom:

***TOP SECRET***

ASCENSION

BYE 0108-56

ASCENSION GROUP EXECUTIVE SUMMARY

1. The Ascension Group is a coalition of former scientists from the German

Wunderwaffe program and Group 935. These scientists have been co-opted

and organized by Soviet General Dragovich for the purposes of pushing forward

Soviet weapons devlopment.

2. The Lead is one Fredric Steiner and his focus was on the NOVA 6 program.

He and the remnants of the Wunderwaffe scientists disappeared on 29 Oct 1945

near the Arctic Circle. Around the same time, the Soviet Operation designated

"Olympus" consisted of the 3rd Shock Army Special Operations unit led by

General Dragovich.

3. British Intelligence records state that MI-6 had a commando unit in the

general vicinity but refuse to disclose the details of their presence there.

ASCENSION

TOP SECRET

HANDLE VIA BYEMAN TALENT KEYHOLE CONTROL SYSTEM JOINTLY

Also if you want some reading between the lines, in the Campaign Hudson calls them "Nazi Scientists co-opted by the Russians after the war"

But you can tell from their names that they were clearly Russian.

So if you put the pieces together, where was the one safe place for a non-German scientist to work for the Nazis?

Group 935

Guest BlindBusDrivr

I think that I may have something more to help back this up.

First off, I looked as hard as I could and the first evidence of development for any of the R-7 series rockets (the R-7 Semyorka) did not begin until 1953, and that was just designing. It took until 1954 for the designs to be approved.

So in a Moon Base that lasted from 1940-1945/46-ish, Why is there this rocket there that it's earliest designs didn't begin until the 1950s?

So I just needed to point that out for my next point.

The rocket on MOON is an entirely new rocket. There are no others like it, and Treyarch changed the design just for this.

So they were to lazy to build a new space helmet animation, but it was priority 1 that they change to rocket fairing? Seems important...

Here's a look at the R-7 series evolution:

GPN-2002-000184.png

Here's the Moon rocket

You can see from the first stage it's clearly and R-7, but at the top the fairing is different from any other.

of0apj.png

Guest Zombieofthedead

@ Busdriver

1) Okay, with the names, Ludvig can also be a German name, though not nearly as common as Ludwig. Surnames generally are more important, but I've had no luck in finding out where the name Maxis comes from.

2) Holy crap, I never noticed that. I still don't think Steiner was part of 935, but the other Wunderwaffe programs it mentioned. Seriously though, [brains] to you.

3) That's kinda what I was thinking with the rockets.

Contrary to statements that the R-7 was based largely on experience and assistance of German scientists, the missile is noteworthy for looking beyond past achievements that had used German ideas.

This statement... well I'm not sure. The rockets look really similar, but there's this. I would think that 95%, if not all of Griffin Station's scientists were killed as well.