Wormholes, Casimir, 115, Teleportation, and aether

Guest aegisknight

Guest aegisknight

So I was reading up on wormholes earlier, and I noticed lots of things. Namely that the Casimir Effect is mentioned quite prominently in its study, as is "exotic matter", and the QED Vacuum.

So lets put some things out there that are a bit hard to understand:

wormholes are theoretical entities that connect two points in spacetime. Space and time are of the same fabic, a wormhole will connect one point in space and time with another in space and time. This wormhole can connect two places at the same time to each other, it can connect the same space at different times to itself, or it can connect different places at different times.

Still with me?

Now, when the theoretical work was being done by some of the big names like Einstein, it was determined that these wormholes would be gone instantanously, but they could be held open for a long enough time for something to cross between them through the use of exotic matter (matter with a negative mass) and the use of negative energy densities.

This is where the Casimir Effect comes into play; some big names in physics (such as Stephen Hawking) contend that the Casimir Effect is an example of negative energy densities existing in nature. The utilization of negative energy densities is required to allow a wormhole to function as a teleporter.

Now, with the teleporters we have, I would theorize that 115 is somehow converted into an exotic matter to instantanously create and destroy a wormhole between two points of space, but the same time. However, this is only possible with specific and exact calibration, if something goes wrong the wormholes can get screwy. They can become tangled, and theoretically converted into time-traversing. If tangled, it means that multiple end points of a worm hole are simultaniously opened, if converted into a time traveler the point it was converted can be accessed from the future, or it to the future (however, theoretical limitations prevent it from reaching back any farther than the moment it was converted).

So with this in mind, the original experiments by Richtofen involving the teleporter converted 115 into an exotic matter to instantanously stabilize a wormhole created with energy derived from the same power source. However, when he teleported himself, he may have had 115 dust on his clothing or something that caused a slight slip of the system, causing the simultanious end points. This brought him to the MPD, which contained another entity entirely (getting to that shortly). This entity used these wormholes to warp Richtofen around some more using the same fuckup with multiple end points, before sending him back to his original time, having experienced significantly more time passing than had passed when he returned.

This same hiccup is present in the Kino der Toten teleportation device, transporting its recipients for a short time to a bedroom at two different points in time, Verruckt, and somewhere in the Pentagon. It is also why hitting the teleporter with the Wunderwaffe caused the teleportation to the 60s; it ripped open and destroyed a new instantaneous portal between times.

Fast forward to the Soviets, and their development of the Casimir Mechanism. I believe this mechanism was developed to utilize and amplify the natural negative energy fields of the Casimir Effect to also sustain wormholes. The Gersch Device, a prototype of a functional Casimir Mechanism, does indeed create a longer sustained portal than the original German designs. I believe the portals on FIVE are an even more advanced utilization of 115 towards this end, no idea if it involves the Casimir Effect as well. However, these wormholes are the most stable, so I don't know what to make of that. They also clearly have divided end points, but do not have time travel.

So what of the Aether? Well, I said that wormholes connect two different points in spacetime. I did not say that these points had to be located in the same universe. I believe the Aether is located in a different dimension, the primitive German wormhole devices' instability caused inadvertent contact with this dimension.

I also believe the MPD was a creation of this other universe, and the MPD serves as another portal between.

Richtofen needed to build a fully operational Casimir mechanism to provide the negative energy fields to allow his transference to the MPD, and the aether. The Vril Generator has a golden rod of unknown use along with a sizable focusing stone, which based on previous information in this theory would be able to be converted into exotic matter for wormhole to stabilize. This is further supported by the use of the Casimir Mechanism to charge it up; infusing negative energy onto exotic matter would amplify this condition.

Samantha previously used the MPD portal, which he likely intended for himself but needed time to acquire the Vrill generator as demanded by the beings of the other dimension.

Based on Sam's quotes while you are filling the vials, she already knows of the terrible things that await in the aether, and they are likely controlling her actions just as much as Richtofens. It is only their residual personalities that causes the conflict between them, I do not know much of their original personas are left.

What I do know is that whatever resides in the aether is malicious and wants only death and destruction. By putting the Vril Generator into the MPD, Richtofen has placed a powerful item housing all the elements needed for stable wormhole development between dimensions at the hands of those housed in the aether.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally. Someone agrees with me that the Casimir Effect is in the game. In my opinion, that is how the Gersch Device works, as you stated. I am glad someone agrees with me on this. [brains]

Guest aegisknight

I think I forgot to mention the QED as well. A QED in physics is an electrodynamic vacuum (stands for quantum electrodynamic), which is a theoretical "absolute" vacuum; devoid not just of matter, but energy as well. This would be applicable for removing a given area of space of both positive matter and energy, which could then be filled with negative mass and negative energy.

I saw your propositions of the Casimir effect before, but I thought not much of them because I didn't see the applicability. With the information I gained with the wormhole research, I believe the Casimir Effect would explain much of the study of the Ascension Group's Project Mercury, and how/why the Gersch Device works the way it does.

Now I wrote that post last night pretty late, so I'll add some more:

In the story line, we see several encounters with the aether. One of the most stark is the Ascension easter egg, with Yuri trapped with Samantha. Now, in keeping with this theory of mine, Yuri was caught in his Gersch device and was transported to this other universe; the aether. Here he was treated with the pawn of the manevolent forces I mentioned earlier, Samantha of the MPD. He is able to escape through the powering up of the Casimir Mechanism, utilizing the Casimir Effect to stabilize a wormhole for himself to escape. To where he escaped, I do not know.

There is one fault with this theory, however. In the Moon radios, we hear the discussion of the first teleportation tests with Richtofen. Element 115 is used to the tune of 1 microgram to power the "device".

This is important, since if they are using a microgram, they are using the element in its non-exotic state (since that would require it to have a negative mass, and a microgram is a positive amount), which would be unable to stabilize a wormhole. However, it could be that 115 is powering a Casimir Mechanism of their own, or they are somehow transferring 115 into an exotic state through their experiment.

But my main point is this: whatever is on the other side of the aether has been using Richtofen and Sam to acquire the materials and deliver the means to stabilize a very powerful wormhole between universes. If it is the devil, as some has theorized, this would be a huge problem for planet earth.

• 1 month later...
Guest AlphaSnake

Nice work, could this also be applied to the Teleporters in Five?

They are significantly different to the Der Riese counterparts, they display the same matrix digital number streams as the Gersch device, however they don't kill the zombies, so not exactly the same.

The mechanism seems to be more stable in the American teleporters than the Russian Gersch system.

That said this is important as the Blops Nacht screen shows us the unknown man traveling back from 1964 to 1943 with a stop over in 1959.

Also this makes me think of the spy based out of Rebirth Island, the designs could have been leaked to the Americans who later improved upon it at Five.

Meh, just thinking out loud here.

Still good thread, was found via google search of Aether & CoDz.

[brains]

Regards Alpha.

Guest MixMasterNut

Casimir Mechanism + Vril Generator + Focusing Stone

TrinityArtifacts.jpg

How the Casimir effect works

[youtube:23yoffnr]lPzlv6cvs8A[/youtube:23yoffnr]

Casimir Effect

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casimir_effect

Casimir Forces on Linear Plates

levCasimir_plates.jpg

The causes of the Casimir effect are described by quantum field theory, which states that all of the various fundamental fields, such as the electromagnetic field, must be quantized at each and every point in space.

The Feynman Diagram helps demonstrate possible outcomes in quantum field theory in electromagnetic field

FeynmanGluonRad.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_field_theory

the same Feynman Diagram found on the Moon loading screen

feynmandiagram.jpg

Quantum Electron Field

l4m0.jpg

Notice it's Shaped like a Vril Generator ;)

http://www.phys.ens.fr/~troost/beyondst ... model.html

VDevice.jpg

- Mix

Guest Shooter

Brilliant stuff Aegis!

Everyone here needs to read this over! You'll get a MUCH better understanding of just exactly what's happening when you use those fancy teleporters.

I really hope they get alot darker with this storyline in Blops2

• 3 weeks later...
Guest aegisknight

Nice work, could this also be applied to the Teleporters in Five?

They are significantly different to the Der Riese counterparts, they display the same matrix digital number streams as the Gersch device, however they don't kill the zombies, so not exactly the same.

The mechanism seems to be more stable in the American teleporters than the Russian Gersch system.

That said this is important as the Blops Nacht screen shows us the unknown man traveling back from 1964 to 1943 with a stop over in 1959.

Also this makes me think of the spy based out of Rebirth Island, the designs could have been leaked to the Americans who later improved upon it at Five.

Meh, just thinking out loud here.

Still good thread, was found via google search of Aether & CoDz.

[brains]

Regards Alpha.

A bump, but I've been busy for the last month.

In Ascension, we see a distinct lack of teleporters and 115; it doesn't seem there was any 115 present until very late in the development cycle, which would explain the problems with the Mechanism. However, that does not mean their research was fruitless; huge advances in physics would have led to advances in the mechanics of the Effect and how the device itself operated, the only thing left would be a means to power the device. So when 115 was finally imported and implemented, by one man, it opened the gateway to a much more stable teleportation environment. So the device itself had more advanced technologies allowing for a more compact size and more stable "gateway", but since the actual teleportation was still very new, there was not much control as to where the "out" portal ended up (at least at first), nor could it stay open for long periods of time.

The Pentagon would have been doing similar experimentation, but without the drought of 115. So they were able to perfect the "gate" technology, stable portals through which matter could travel unimpeded, but they saw no purpose to develop fully portable devices, instead focusing research efforts on the teleportation itself.

The reason these portals were not utilized in area 51 to connect to Griffin Station is that the "out" gateway already positioned there was based on the old technologies developed by Richtofen, so it was much more simple to just build the old-style pad for instantanous gateway travel, and maybe build a stable portal later. Of course it is possible they just jacked the area 51 portal from Richtofen's labs once he disappeared and hooked it up in area 51 rather than building the whole portal over again, but this would only strengthen the reasons not to invest in advanced portals for that application.