Guest Zombieofthedead

Guest Zombieofthedead

What we know for a fact:

• Peter worked there

• He was apparently compromised

• A marine recon was sent in to rescue him

• Somehow, Peter escaped on his own

• Zombies are let loose

• The marines battle the zombies, Tank Dempsey is the sole survivor of the marines

Now, there are multiple theories on how exactly all this happened. I’ll explain my own, and compare it to others

So, to begin, operations at verruckt were apparently very secretive. Most likely they did experiments on the insane and

P.O.W.s. Communication outside was most likely thin, being limited to other 935 outposts. Peter, therefore, had to converse with his handler in secret. This is the only way I could see him as being compromised for something, but other than that it is not know how exactly he was caught.

Cornelius Pernell, his handler, was then worried because he had not checked in, and sent out a Marine unit led by Tank Dempsey. Meanwhile, Peter was found out, and guards were likely sent. Word was also sent that there was a spy, and Peter was taken by the guards. They just had to wait for transport so nothing would be found out.

What happened next may have happened in one of two ways: Either before he was captured, he purposefully dropped some 115 down onto the graves in the courtyard (or let is leak somewhere), or found a way to do so while imprisoned. My bets are that he did this before he was captured.

In the confusion of the moment, he found a hiding place of sorts, and waited there until he was sure that he was safe. It probably took a few hours, maybe a day.

Then there’s the writings on the walls, which either Peter wrote down on the walls (taking a dayish to do so), or one of the people who went insane just before hand had done.

It’s at this point that the Marines get here (I’d estimate no more than two days after the outbreak). Now, you must understand that it takes awhile for the order to be issued. If the guards are all dead by this point, Dempsey can’t be captured, because they weren’t even there at the outbreak time. Judging by the scenery, it was definitely a bit after the outbreak that they got there.

Now the arm on the power issue. It seems to me that Peter was still there by the time the marines got there (for future reference, we know of Tank Dempsey, John Banana, and Smokey. There’s at least 1 more unnamed marine. Two on each side. They were separated due to the power being turned off

The arm on the power (in the original verruckt) is clean, aside from the blood. The classics have it rotted, but they probably just copied and pasted that from Der Riese. They reused it. So, after Peter finished writing, or whatever he was doing, he decided to turn off the power, and then leave.

A zombie came from behind in the power room. As he turned the power off, the zombie bit his arm, tearing it pretty much off. He killed the zombie, and went to the **** please report this topic, post ****, when he chopped off the infected bits with a meat cleaver (maybe one of those random screams?)

Peter then left, of course trying to stop the blood flow first. The marines were left to fend for themselves. Smokey and John on the right (I say this, because the trailer has one guy on that side. Smokey dies later), and Dempsey with the other guy on the left. As said, Smokey dies, and John is overrun (see trailer and limericks for evidence of both). It’s left for the other two to turn the power on. They succeed, and last several days against the undead horde.

At the end of the week (The exact days escape me), group 935 comes for extraction, and finds the remaining two marines still holding out. Outgunned, the two are captured. Most likely the other marine either tried to run, or they just killed him. Only Dempsey made it, in the end.

Now onto people’s doubts

• Dempsey could have been a spy!

Okay, this is impossible for a number of reasons. Number one, he is not subtle, it wouldn’t make sense to send him out. Number two, everyone was dead by the time they got there, and either way the other marines would be VERY close behind him

• Dempsey was also working undercover in Verruckt

Still makes zero sense, not subtle and he can’t really communicate with the other members, because, again, secret facility, communication isn’t easy. It just

really isn’t in his character, and he’d be noticed before he even got in.

• The arm could have been a zombie’s!

This is actually true, the old zombie models looked closer to human, which could mean the arm was a zombie’s. However, think about it: is a zombie really that intelligent?

• Peter would have been shot if he tried to get away

Not if he used the 115 in an unexpected moment, or even before the guards came! He could just run in the confusion.

If there’s any other issues present, please, tell me and I will likely be able to answer the issue.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

I'm still not convinced that the team included Dempsey.

Because do remember when it takes place?

look outside, the forest IS ON FIRE.

Even if he survived he would be doomed.

And the Russians were in this area now too, so even if he did get out German forces couldn't capture him.

At this moment with what we know, it makes far more sense he went in ahead of the group and got captured.

one thing to back up the Dempsey going ahead of the group is this line from the radio:

"It would seem that the O.S.S realized that we have captured one of their spies. They tried to send a rescue team into Verruckt that was (static) (killed by) the first batch of test subjects."

this proves the extraction team didn't arrive till after Dempsey was captured

Guest Zombieofthedead

one thing to back up the Dempsey going ahead of the group is this line from the radio:

"It would seem that the O.S.S realized that we have captured one of their spies. They tried to send a rescue team into Verruckt that was (static) (killed by) the first batch of test subjects."

Remember what I said about them radioing in earlier? It's possible that he was the first one they saw, so they captured him thinking he was the spy, and that there was a team rescuing him (Who they basically killed the last of).

and @Bus driver, then HOW did they get in the asylum in the first place? They couldn't have gotten in before all this happened. That wouldn't make sense.

I am not giving up on this theory.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

Remember what I said about them radioing in earlier? It's possible that he was the first one they saw, so they captured him thinking he was the spy, and that there was a team rescuing him (Who they basically killed the last of).

and @Bus driver, then HOW did they get in the asylum in the first place? They couldn't have gotten in before all this happened. That wouldn't make sense.

Nayrc pretty much just disproved that Dempsey was captured afterwards above. So that is false.

Also, how did who get in the asylum then?

The Marines: They were all allied forces anyways, and they could have snuck in, after it is in a forest.

And this would be how the Germans were never found as well, and the Russians only would have known because Peter warned them of Nazis in their after he made it out.

Guest Zombieofthedead

Nayrc pretty much just disproved that Dempsey was captured afterwards above. So that is false.

No he didn't. I backed up my post.

Also, how did who get in the asylum then?

The marines

The Marines: They were all allied forces anyways, and they could have snuck in, after it is in a forest.

Then explain how you said that, since the forest was burning, they couldn't get in. There is no logic in them getting there before the outbreak, because the blood is pretty dry. A few days MUST have past, and Dempsey would not be far from his comrades, so him getting there before does not make sense.

And this would be how the Germans were never found as well, and the Russians only would have known because Peter warned them of Nazis in their after he made it out.

... How does that explain how they were never found out?

Remember what I said about them radioing in earlier?

what? dont understand that bit, could you explain?

and i took this comment from a different thread but on this topic

In Verruckt, there are graves. Not like legit graves, but disturbed ground where a person was most likely buried. In the trailer for Verruckt, we see the Zombies rise out of the ground in many places, like the courtyard. So at some point or another, 115 got to them. I believe that it was German who did this when the team came, after Dempsey was captured. The Germans were known for trying to destroy everything in order to keep all there research to themselves. If they couldn't have it, no one could.

Letting the zombies loose would reveal their secrets, would it not? Someone would try to figure out what happened.

So with that, I will back up a little bit. In my opinion, Dempsey is in no way one of the Marines that fights there. On September 10, a spy was found by security, which we all agree was Dempsey. On September 17, he was delivered to Richtofen. However, if Dempesy had already fought against the Zombies in Verruckt, why would there be any sort of security there at all to send him to Richtofen?

Think about it, why would it take 7 days to get to where Richtofen was? That is no far distance. Something HAD to have happened. I think they were probably waiting for the spy to be delivered, but after 7 days they figured something was wrong, and so sent people there.

In terms of Peter, I think that maybe the group who came in after Dempsey helped in escaping him, but weren't able to help themselves. I originally believed that Peter was trying to run through the map sabotaging it by turning off the power and burning the building. While I still believe the arm could be his, I think the Germans are the ones who set fire to Verruckt.

so you are saying the team didn't get to Dempsey till after the extraction team and the zombies had been killed

but that doesn't make sense cause we know the extraction team weren't at verrukt till after dempsey was captured.

Guest Zombieofthedead

Remember what I said about them radioing in earlier?

what? dont understand that bit, could you explain?

I meant the guards radioed in another 935 outpost that they had caught a spy, and that he would be delivered.

and i took this comment from a different thread but on this topic

In Verruckt, there are graves. Not like legit graves, but disturbed ground where a person was most likely buried. In the trailer for Verruckt, we see the Zombies rise out of the ground in many places, like the courtyard. So at some point or another, 115 got to them. I believe that it was German who did this when the team came, after Dempsey was captured. The Germans were known for trying to destroy everything in order to keep all there research to themselves. If they couldn't have it, no one could.

Letting the zombies loose would reveal their secrets, would it not? Someone would try to figure out what happened.

So with that, I will back up a little bit. In my opinion, Dempsey is in no way one of the Marines that fights there. On September 10, a spy was found by security, which we all agree was Dempsey. On September 17, he was delivered to Richtofen. However, if Dempesy had already fought against the Zombies in Verruckt, why would there be any sort of security there at all to send him to Richtofen?

Think about it, why would it take 7 days to get to where Richtofen was? That is no far distance. Something HAD to have happened. I think they were probably waiting for the spy to be delivered, but after 7 days they figured something was wrong, and so sent people there.

In terms of Peter, I think that maybe the group who came in after Dempsey helped in escaping him, but weren't able to help themselves. I originally believed that Peter was trying to run through the map sabotaging it by turning off the power and burning the building. While I still believe the arm could be his, I think the Germans are the ones who set fire to Verruckt.

so you are saying the team didn't get to Dempsey till after the extraction team and the zombies had been killed

but that doesn't make sense cause we know the extraction team weren't at verrukt till after dempsey was captured.

Till the spy was captured, Dempsey was not a spy, never is, and never will be in any way shape, or form. Then the outbreak happened. everything went to hell. Rescue team comes in to find peter gone and fight zombies. In the end, two live. At the end of the week 935 comes in, captures Dempsey asuming he's the spy and sabotaged everything (Which ended up working out for tests), and killed the other guy who they thought was part of an extraction team.

zombies of the dead i know it may seem like i am trying to destroy your theory, looking at my posts i realize it does look like that but i actually have a theory on this and i am trying to back it up at the same time,

i hope you see this as debating and nor arguing or destructive if you want you can pick apart my theory here :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12074

Till the spy was captured, Dempsey was not a spy, never is, and never will be in any way shape, or form.

no Dempsey was not a spy, he was sent in to extract peter but by the time Dempsey arrived peter was already gone or going, Dempsey took his place as the spy, the Germans came in looking for an American and found Dempsey assuming he was the spy.

the "spy" Richthofen re-fares to in the COTD radios is Dempsey (i can prove this if you want me to)

the the extraction team didn't arrive till the spy(who is Dempsey) was captured meaning Dempsey went in first, he didn't come back so a wee while later his team went in to look for him and was killed by the zombie out-break (also re-fared to in the COTD radios)

Guest MurderMachineX

I was thinking about analyzing this and picking what is right and what is wrong. As it to me does not seem 100% either way. It has good points. And bad. But then I saw this. Should I even bother? You've made it clear that you won't negotiate, and that's not the way to discuss. In my thread, we discuss dozens of topics where often times I find out that I am wrong. You should let reason dictate your decisions on theories, not passion for one just because it is one you worked so hard on.

That's bad science. Good politics.

Guest Zombieofthedead

I was thinking about analyzing this and picking what is right and what is wrong. As it to me does not seem 100% either way. It has good points. And bad. But then I saw this. Should I even bother? You've made it clear that you won't negotiate, and that's not the way to discuss. In my thread, we discuss dozens of topics where often times I find out that I am wrong. You should let reason dictate your decisions on theories, not passion for one just because it is one you worked so hard on.

That's bad science. Good politics.

Look, none of what you are saying is convincing me. That is why I am not giving up. I can't give up. The only good evidence I have seen was the one radio with the spy, but even that I can easily explain.

no Dempsey was not a spy, he was sent in to extract peter but by the time Dempsey arrived peter was already gone or going, Dempsey took his place as the spy, the Germans came in looking for an American and found Dempsey assuming he was the spy.

the "spy" Richthofen re-fares to in the COTD radios is Dempsey (i can prove this if you want me to)

the the extraction team didn't arrive till the spy(who is Dempsey) was captured meaning Dempsey went in first, he didn't come back so a wee while later his team went in to look for him and was killed by the zombie out-break (also re-fared to in the COTD radios)

I've already explained this part at least 15 times dude, I can loophole around it. It STILL, for one, doesn't make any sense to me for him to go alone. Two, It could be that the guards sent in that they captured peter, but hell already broke loose, and everything else happened.

Guest MurderMachineX

Well when it comes down to the unknown, it really comes down to likelihood.

That's where my analogy of evidence and theories to points and line comes from. The lines need to be as straight as possible, getting you from one point to the next as easily as possible.

The theories - they need to be likely. That's what it comes down to. How likely is it that this happened? How likely is it that that happened? That's all we can boil it down to. Is it possible that Peter stopped on his way to Shi No Numa for a cheeseburger? Yes. But is it likely? No, cheeseburgers are hard to find between Germany and Japan.

I can make an argument, but we must evaluate likelihood. I know that no matter what I say that there's a possibility around it. There is for any of our theories. But ways around a theory make the ways in themselves more unlikely, as the odds of someone doing not just one unseen thing but a multitude of unseen things gives inherent unlikelihood.

Guest Zombieofthedead

Well when it comes down to the unknown, it really comes down to likelihood.

That's where my analogy of evidence and theories to points and line comes from. The lines need to be as straight as possible, getting you from one point to the next as easily as possible.

The theories - they need to be likely. That's what it comes down to. How likely is it that this happened? How likely is it that that happened? That's all we can boil it down to. Is it possible that Peter stopped on his way to Shi No Numa for a cheeseburger? Yes. But is it likely? No, cheeseburgers are hard to find between Germany and Japan.

Interesting analogy, but to me it isn't likely, and that is my point. In some was it is, and in some was it isn't. SO the question is, how do we figure out the truth?

What I find likely is that treyarch wanted us to argue about this, and worded it messy for that reason.

The times is what convinces me the most. Surely the marines we close by Dempsey, at the least. It doesn't take 2 days after the outbreak to save him, and I doubt any guards are left alive. Not to mention, it doesn't take 7 days to get to der riese (Less considering the marines get there a bit later).

Guest BlindBusDrivr

This is getting REALLY old right now, you refuse to bend either way!

Nayrc posted the radio, that is CONCLUSIVE evidence!

Dempsey, was a cocky muscle head, he went in to get Peter out early, underestimating his adversaries, since the Germans had used the perks to chemically enhance themselves, and was captured.

When he was being sent away to Richtofen, in that week the team arrived to pick up Peter, puzzled on where Dempsey had been.

Dempsey got their first because he was already stationed in Germany!

And when did I say the team got in before the outbreak?

They got out afterwords.

The forest fire hadn't spread to them yet because they probably came in the other way. i.e. , the fire had been set north, they were coming in from the south, or whatever opposite directions you would like it to be.

Also, the Germans would be less likely to be discovered in a facility in a thick forest rather than out in mainland Germany, after all Russian was pushing towards Berlin.

AND, why are you so against Dempsey being the spy? In several sources, he is referred to as a spy! Why is that so unbelievable? You know they did tests on all of them. We also know Richtofen was an illuminati spy, look at his personality difference in between the Richtofen we play as and when he is playing helper with Maxis.

You need to open your mind a little bit.

Guest Zombieofthedead

It is worded funny, that is one this. Again

Dempsey, was a cocky muscle head, he went in to get Peter out early, underestimating his adversaries, since the Germans had used the perks to chemically enhance themselves, and was captured.

Dempsey knows military tactics. he may be a cocky bastard, but he would still know that a freakin asylum FILLED with Germans is not a place to go alone.

When he was being sent away to Richtofen, in that week the team arrived to pick up Peter, puzzled on where Dempsey had been.

Um... you ARE aware that is STILL doesn't make sense on how Dempsey had not gotten to Der Riese within a day, where Richtofen was stationed. As stated before, I do not believe CotD was a base for Maxis' 935.

This is bullshit. Just saying, WE HAVE NO PROVE OF THIS

They got out afterwords.

The forest fire hadn't spread to them yet because they probably came in the other way. i.e. , the fire had been set north, they were coming in from the south, or whatever opposite directions you would like it to be.

Oh please, the fires aren't even freakin big. This is pretty BS.

Also, the Germans would be less likely to be discovered in a facility in a thick forest rather than out in mainland Germany, after all Russian was pushing towards Berlin.

The facility is in Berlin

AND, why are you so against Dempsey being the spy? In several sources, he is referred to as a spy! Why is that so unbelievable? You know they did tests on all of them. We also know Richtofen was an illuminati spy, look at his personality difference in between the Richtofen we play as and when he is playing helper with Maxis.

Because it is NOT in his CHARACTER. Richtofen turned evil, of course he could be a spy! That ISN'T hard to believe.

And you need to open your mind, too. I am giving evidence, and some of it you are completely rejecting, the time frames for instance.

Look, we BOTH have evidence. There are issues on both sides. I am going to drop out of this, because you guys aren't giving me a chance. Seriously, I have explained some thing SEVERAL TIMES OVER, and you guys STILL don't get it. If you want to believe that theory, fine, but I have doubts.

And THIS is why Treyarch needs to give more obvious hints next time around!

Guest BlindBusDrivr

It is worded funny, that is one this. Again

Dempsey knows military tactics. he may be a cocky bastard, but he would still know that a freakin asylum FILLED with Germans is not a place to go alone.

Um... you ARE aware that is STILL doesn't make sense on how Dempsey had not gotten to Der Riese within a day, where Richtofen was stationed. As stated before, I do not believe CotD was a base for Maxis' 935.

This is bullshit. Just saying, WE HAVE NO PROVE OF THIS

They got out afterwords.

Oh please, the fires aren't even freakin big. This is pretty BS.

The facility is in Berlin

Because it is NOT in his CHARACTER. Richtofen turned evil, of course he could be a spy! That ISN'T hard to believe.

And you need to open your mind, too. I am giving evidence, and some of it you are completely rejecting, the time frames for instance.

Look, we BOTH have evidence. There are issues on both sides. I am going to drop out of this, because you guys aren't giving me a chance. Seriously, I have explained some thing SEVERAL TIMES OVER, and you guys STILL don't get it. If you want to believe that theory, fine, but I have doubts.

And THIS is why Treyarch needs to give more obvious hints next time around!

Dempsey thinks he can take on the world! "1000 zombies, 1 Dempsey, sounds about even" give him a gun and a facility full of germans as a target, he'd think he would have no problem on his own.

Richtofen, WAS NOT STATIONED AT DER RIESE AT THIS TIME. HE HAS RADIOS RIGHT NOW ON THE FREAKING SHIP, HOW IS THIS NOT EVIDENCE HE WAS THERE?

Once the tele porter was completed, he had a remote station where he could research and as well as a portal to get to Maxis when needed. Richtofen had many inside men in Group 935, many as we can tell from Griffin Station and Eagle's Nest etc., many were in higher support of him than Maxis!

And forest fires aren't big? Seriously? you're just being ridiculously unreasonable. If you think the fire wasn't a problem, why don't you believe they just walked past the scorching trees? And how do we know they didn't arrive until just hours after Peter ran off? Blood is dry, what are they going to have fresh blood in 2007 graphics? In a hot and dry facility like verruckt, the blood could dry out in a couple of hours tops.

Dempsey, how do we know he was not a spy so conclusively? THere is no evidence against, and several statements saying he was! He could have a split personality, you know people change when they are alone and fighting hordes of zombies, or trapped on a boat with a bunch of Nazis trying to inject things into you, people panic and just want to get out and survive.

And finally, I HAVE looked into this all VERY in depth! Why do you think I have a refute for almost everything you bring up? I have built my own theory for a while and made changes, being stubborn about every point is no way to improve. I have corrected mine repeatedly going off theories of other users like Tac, Faust and Alpha and mine to create my theory. The time frames make sense, because Richtofen has been jumping back and forth, he's in two places at once practically! It's also Treyarch changing their story later on in some ways, and when it comes back to the earlier parts, those changes don't fall into place as nicely and we have to even question whether it's just for the game itself.

Guest Zombieofthedead

Dempsey thinks he can take on the world! "1000 zombies, 1 Dempsey, sounds about even" give him a gun and a facility full of germans as a target, he'd think he would have no problem on his own.

Zombies are different than people, and by this time he's faced a crap ton.

Richtofen, WAS NOT STATIONED AT DER RIESE AT THIS TIME. HE HAS RADIOS RIGHT NOW ON THE FREAKING SHIP, HOW IS THIS NOT EVIDENCE HE WAS THERE?

He was also working on teleporters with maxis at the same time. Different bases.

Once the tele porter was completed, he had a remote station where he could research and as well as a portal to get to Maxis when needed. Richtofen had many inside men in Group 935, many as we can tell from Griffin Station and Eagle's Nest etc., many were in higher support of him than Maxis!

And forest fires aren't big? Seriously? you're just being ridiculously unreasonable. If you think the fire wasn't a problem, why don't you believe they just walked past the scorching trees? And how do we know they didn't arrive until just hours after Peter ran off? Blood is dry, what are they going to have fresh blood in 2007 graphics? In a hot and dry facility like verruckt, the blood could dry out in a couple of hours tops.

The fires on the trees aren't big. I've played verruckt enough to know that. Not to mention, the forrest doesn't surround the entire area. How do we know it's hot and dry? Have you been there? No.

Dempsey, how do we know he was not a spy so conclusively? THere is no evidence against, and several statements saying he was! He could have a split personality, you know people change when they are alone and fighting hordes of zombies, or trapped on a boat with a bunch of Nazis trying to inject things into you, people panic and just want to get out and survive.

I'm not going to even comment on this. Theres no evidence for it, or against it, aside from the fact that dempsey would make a horrible spy

And finally, I HAVE looked into this all VERY in depth! Why do you think I have a refute for almost everything you bring up? I have built my own theory for a while and made changes, being stubborn about every point is no way to improve. I have corrected mine repeatedly going off theories of other users like Tac, Faust and Alpha and mine to create my theory. The time frames make sense, because Richtofen has been jumping back and forth, he's in two places at once practically! It's also Treyarch changing their story later on in some ways, and when it comes back to the earlier parts, those changes don't fall into place as nicely and we have to even question whether it's just for the game itself.

The time frames still don't make sense, because if he's jumping back and forth, WHY DID IT TAKE 7 DAYS TO GET TO HIM?

Fair enough about the others

Also, I would like to mention about him being stationed in Germany, and his team not... His team would be his unit, they would be in the same place as him. Not to mention, Marines were not stationed in Germany.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

Zombies are different than people, and by this time he's faced a crap ton.

He was also working on teleporters with maxis at the same time. Different bases.

The fires on the trees aren't big. I've played verruckt enough to know that. Not to mention, the forrest doesn't surround the entire area. How do we know it's hot and dry? Have you been there? No.

I'm not going to even comment on this. Theres no evidence for it, or against it, aside from the fact that dempsey would make a horrible spy

The time frames still don't make sense, because if he's jumping back and forth, WHY DID IT TAKE 7 DAYS TO GET TO HIM?

Fair enough about the others

Also, I would like to mention about him being stationed in Germany, and his team not... His team would be his unit, they would be in the same place as him. Not to mention, Marines were not stationed in Germany.

1000 zombies, 50 germans, it made no difference to him.

different bases at the same time, sigh, I'll say it again: TELEPORT

But a psychpathic murderer with a hatred towards any authority does, just for being evil? c'mon.

How do I know it's hot and dry? Because there's a forest fire outside and burning barrels inside!

Why did it take seven days? BECAUSE HE WASNT DONE WITH THE TELEPORTER YET. I will say this bit by bit.

Richtofen was at Der Riese playing servant. He decided he wanted to keep his subjects hidden away from Maxis so any discoveries would be kept to himself if he didn't want Maxis knowing. So he moved them to a Siberian outpost he had built previously. He noticed it was taking to long back and forth and built a tele porter. But just before he finished, he had to pick up Dempsey. Afterwards he had a way to go back and forth. Also, Dempsey was a f#cking handful for them, it might have taken a while to get him to a place where he could be picked up. After picking up dempsey, he went back and finished the tele porter. Then he was able to jump.

And Dempsey was OSS as well, he could have already been there on a special ops mission.

Guest MurderMachineX

What we know for a fact:

• Peter worked there

• He was apparently compromised

• A marine recon was sent in to rescue him

• Somehow, Peter escaped on his own

• Zombies are let loose

• The marines battle the zombies, Tank Dempsey is the sole survivor of the marines

This seems good.

Now, there are multiple theories on how exactly all this happened. I’ll explain my own, and compare it to others

So, to begin, operations at verruckt were apparently very secretive. Most likely they did experiments on the insane and P.O.W.s. Communication outside was most likely thin, being limited to other 935 outposts. Peter, therefore, had to converse with his handler in secret. This is the only way I could see him as being compromised for something, but other than that it is not know how exactly he was caught.

Cornelius Pernell, his handler, was then worried because he had not checked in, and sent out a Marine unit led by Tank Dempsey. Meanwhile, Peter was found out, and guards were likely sent. Word was also sent that there was a spy, and Peter was taken by the guards. They just had to wait for transport so nothing would be found out.

This part in extraneous and unnecessary. If we take this part out, the theory still holds merit, so far. This here gets quite specific and thus the likelihood goes down. The likeliness that that is specifically what happened I think is low, and I don't see this as vital in any way, so I think it is best left out due to lack of evidence.

What happened next may have happened in one of two ways: Either before he was captured, he purposefully dropped some 115 down onto the graves in the courtyard (or let is leak somewhere), or found a way to do so while imprisoned. My bets are that he did this before he was captured.

You seem to be saying that he created new Zombies. Now I think that in itself is unlikely. They are barely able to control the Zombies, I don't think making new ones could be done so easily so quickly by a single individual. What would be more likely is that he unleashed current Zombies that were testing, causing 115 to be released through them, which precipiated more Zombies coming out of the ground, and this kind if thing can be presumed to happen in more maps than just this one.

In the confusion of the moment, he found a hiding place of sorts, and waited there until he was sure that he was safe. It probably took a few hours, maybe a day.

I don't see why he couldn't just try to leave right away.

Then there’s the writings on the walls, which either Peter wrote down on the walls (taking a dayish to do so), or one of the people who went insane just before hand had done.

It wouldn't take a day to write all that on the walls. If his arm was bitten off, it would have been bleeding profusely, so he'd had more than enough blood to write it in. It'd take a couple hours at most. This is just the blood ones. The chalk writing appears in all maps up to Kino, so the explanation for them should be universal.

It’s at this point that the Marines get here (I’d estimate no more than two days after the outbreak). Now, you must understand that it takes awhile for the order to be issued. If the guards are all dead by this point, Dempsey can’t be captured, because they weren’t even there at the outbreak time. Judging by the scenery, it was definitely a bit after the outbreak that they got there.

You don't know that the Marines came after the outbreak. Sorry, but Dempsey has to have gone ahead. It's not like we all have banded together against you. We all had different opinions but we've conformed to this one, but you haven't. First, Dempsey needs to have been "special". Why was he captured and no one else? This implies some type of separation. As for the other Marines, we know they face a full onslaught of the outbreak in the game. Guards aren't present in the game, so you have the Marines arriving at a time other than when the game says they arrive, never mentioning said time.

Now the arm on the power issue. It seems to me that Peter was still there by the time the marines got there (for future reference, we know of Tank Dempsey, John Banana, and Smokey. There’s at least 1 more unnamed marine. Two on each side. They were separated due to the power being turned off

Well it seems that Tank couldn't be in that possy. He was captured, either before or "after" the playthrough of Verruckt, where "after" is after fighting the undead but before the gameplay mechanic of dying. It'd be strange for some guards to come out of nowhere and capture Dempsey but none of the other Marines. Unless Dempsey was the only one that survived, and I admit that that is a possibility. But also, they could've taken him before the events of the map, which just leaves the Marines, meaning that the group was 5 total, including Dempsey.

The arm on the power (in the original verruckt) is clean, aside from the blood. The classics have it rotted, but they probably just copied and pasted that from Der Riese. They reused it. So, after Peter finished writing, or whatever he was doing, he decided to turn off the power, and then leave.

"Clean"? That's insignificant. Just because something is rotten doesn't make a difference. Arms of people rot just as much as the Zombies' did in the past. Also, Peter most likely had his arm cut off before he wrote, as he'd have had more blood to write with when his arm was ripped off.

A zombie came from behind in the power room. As he turned the power off, the zombie bit his arm, tearing it pretty much off. He killed the zombie, and went to the **** please report this topic, post ****, when he chopped off the infected bits with a meat cleaver (maybe one of those random screams?)

There's no need to cut off infected bits unless you're worried about real diseases such as gangrene or something. I assume he did what was necessary to cauterize the wound. Perhaps he was knowledgeable in the medical field.

Peter then left, of course trying to stop the blood flow first. The marines were left to fend for themselves. Smokey and John on the right (I say this, because the trailer has one guy on that side. Smokey dies later), and Dempsey with the other guy on the left. As said, Smokey dies, and John is overrun (see trailer and limericks for evidence of both). It’s left for the other two to turn the power on. They succeed, and last several days against the undead horde.

In the trailer, three people are left alive. One is just on the other side of the map. John does die true, but the other Marines died too. It does not say how soon they died apart from each other. It merely gave us the one example of John, and even that was only an implication.

At the end of the week (The exact days escape me), group 935 comes for extraction, and finds the remaining two marines still holding out. Outgunned, the two are captured. Most likely the other marine either tried to run, or they just killed him. Only Dempsey made it, in the end.

The other Marine was probably never captured. He probably died from Zombies.

Now onto people’s doubts

• Dempsey could have been a spy!

Okay, this is impossible for a number of reasons. Number one, he is not subtle, it wouldn’t make sense to send him out. Number two, everyone was dead by the time they got there, and either way the other marines would be VERY close behind him

It is impossible. But everyone was dead by the time that Marines got there. This is why Tank going ahead is proposed. You can pick whatever reason you wish. Maybe he did it out of bravery or recklessness. Maybe his ego pushed him to put his life at risk for the team. Maybe he was just acting brazen like when he chewed out from those bamboo cages. And yes, the others were close behind him. Verruckt was unstable, a total killing can happen rather quickly.

• Dempsey was also working undercover in Verruckt

Still makes zero sense, not subtle and he can’t really communicate with the other members, because, again, secret facility, communication isn’t easy. It just really isn’t in his character, and he’d be noticed before he even got in.

Agreed.

• The arm could have been a zombie’s!

This is actually true, the old zombie models looked closer to human, which could mean the arm was a zombie’s. However, think about it: is a zombie really that intelligent?

That's ridiculous. A Zombie would have no business touching a Power switch.

• Peter would have been shot if he tried to get away

Not if he used the 115 in an unexpected moment, or even before the guards came! He could just run in the confusion.

If there’s any other issues present, please, tell me and I will likely be able to answer the issue.

I do think that it is ridiculous to assume he'd be shot. There's a million and one different ways how one could go around that, ways that are plausible.

That's what I have to say on that.

Guest Zombieofthedead

So, to begin, operations at verruckt were apparently very secretive. Most likely they did experiments on the insane and P.O.W.s. Communication outside was most likely thin, being limited to other 935 outposts. Peter, therefore, had to converse with his handler in secret. This is the only way I could see him as being compromised for something, but other than that it is not know how exactly he was caught.

This part in extraneous and unnecessary. If we take this part out, the theory still holds merit, so far. This here gets quite specific and thus the likelihood goes down. The likeliness that that is specifically what happened I think is low, and I don't see this as vital in any way, so I think it is best left out due to lack of evidence.

I don't see how, but okay

You seem to be saying that he created new Zombies. Now I think that in itself is unlikely. They are barely able to control the Zombies, I don't think making new ones could be done so easily so quickly by a single individual. What would be more likely is that he unleashed current Zombies that were testing, causing 115 to be released through them, which precipiated more Zombies coming out of the ground, and this kind if thing can be presumed to happen in more maps than just this one.

I think it could be easy. Maybe it was, I don't know, a liquid form. Something could easily make it seep into the graves

I don't see why he couldn't just try to leave right away.

He could be shot easier that way

It wouldn't take a day to write all that on the walls. If his arm was bitten off, it would have been bleeding profusely, so he'd had more than enough blood to write it in. It'd take a couple hours at most. This is just the blood ones. The chalk writing appears in all maps up to Kino, so the explanation for them should be universal.

That's way too much blood, still. It could take a day, I mean look at that area!

You don't know that the Marines came after the outbreak. Sorry, but Dempsey has to have gone ahead. It's not like we all have banded together against you. We all had different opinions but we've conformed to this one, but you haven't. First, Dempsey needs to have been "special". Why was he captured and no one else? This implies some type of separation. As for the other Marines, we know they face a full onslaught of the outbreak in the game. Guards aren't present in the game, so you have the Marines arriving at a time other than when the game says they arrive, never mentioning said time.

You still haven't confirmed it. Fair enough, he was the only one captured, but he was pretty much the only one left in that sense

Well it seems that Tank couldn't be in that possy. He was captured, either before or "after" the playthrough of Verruckt, where "after" is after fighting the undead but before the gameplay mechanic of dying. It'd be strange for some guards to come out of nowhere and capture Dempsey but none of the other Marines. Unless Dempsey was the only one that survived, and I admit that that is a possibility. But also, they could've taken him before the events of the map, which just leaves the Marines, meaning that the group was 5 total, including Dempsey.

"Clean"? That's insignificant. Just because something is rotten doesn't make a difference. Arms of people rot just as much as the Zombies' did in the past. Also, Peter most likely had his arm cut off before he wrote, as he'd have had more blood to write with when his arm was ripped off.

It wouldn't rot THAT fast. He'd have died of blood loss before he could get enough blood.

There's no need to cut off infected bits unless you're worried about real diseases such as gangrene or something. I assume he did what was necessary to cauterize the wound. Perhaps he was knowledgeable in the medical field.

Sure there is, if it's infected he could be turned into a zombie

In the trailer, three people are left alive. One is just on the other side of the map. John does die true, but the other Marines died too. It does not say how soon they died apart from each other. It merely gave us the one example of John, and even that was only an implication.

The other Marine was probably never captured. He probably died from Zombies.

That's a possibility

Well, that was difficult.

Guest MurderMachineX

I doubt it'd be liquid. It's never been shown as such. But that right there is pure conjecture. Maybe this, maybe that. It's unlikely.

I think if there were Zombies everywhere, worrying about someone running away would not be a reason to shoot him.

Well I suppose you're right about the blood. He'd have to have used more blood than just his own.

Well, no. I can't confirm that Dempsey went ahead. But it seems probable.

I also need to take a moment to describe the biology of Zombies in Call of Duty. See, the typical Zombie myth has a virus that infects people, turning them into either the reanimated dead or crazed, infected persons. But if you watch enough Zombie movies or games, you begin to see each type of Zombie is different. This is because of the fact that since Zombies do not exist, we have artistic license to portray them however we want. That's exactly how vampires went from demonic anti-Christs to seductive temptresses.

In this game, Zombies are created from reanimated of dead cells upon contact with Element 115. This has been stated specifically. In the games, Zombies clearly rise out of the ground, where dead bodies are. There has never been a case where a person "turned" into a Zombie without that mildly uncomfortable phase of DYING first. George Romero is a strange example, but he is different, and still, he might've died before turning into whatever it is that he is.

Zombies don't spread infection. Think about it. They swing at you. Not bite. The only way they can "spread" is via transportation of the Element, which apparently is not used up in the process of reanimating cells. Your characters never "turns" no matter how many times he is hit. The Element is not a virus, it is simply an element on the Periodic Table. All it does is trigger restimulation of dead cells, which sometimes have a tendency to mutate. So you have to be dead to become a Zombie.

Also, another example of how Call of Duty Zombies differs from traditional folklore is that they still come at you without their heads sometimes. This is because their bodies' cells are still reanimated and only die for the second time a few moments after.

When you think about it, Group 935 was right for studying this Element. Imagine what could've been done medically had the reanimation been perfected. You lost an organ? Well, don't worry, we'll make that organ as good as new!

Guest Zombieofthedead

I defer to the ipod tutorial. While it is non-canon, It does show that people CAN turn while living.

Also, I see plenty of theories on this site that are a bit out there. Just because it's not probable or likely doesn't mean it's completely false.

Guest MurderMachineX

Yeah, the tutorial also had Richtofen dying. Notice that the next iPod game did the exact same thing. It's a theme of theirs, one that does not hold true for the rest of the game.

And yes, it is not bad to have theories that aren't conformed. But my storyline, and you made this at least partially due to the debate there, is a skeletal structure that tries to stay to fact as much as possible. Additional theories can be laid on top of it and glossed over as you please. I'm just trying to find hard facts and "lines" to link those facts. Lines are primarily made up of logic, reason, and likelihood. The theories that are "out there" are not bad. But they are for the rest of the forum. Generate off-kilter theories; it is one of the things that keeps this website alive. It's just not what I'm looking for.

Guest Zombieofthedead

Yeah, the tutorial also had Richtofen dying. Notice that the next iPod game did the exact same thing. It's a theme of theirs, one that does not hold true for the rest of the game.

Fine, think about Five then. All those employees can't possible have all been dead before getting changed into zombies. It's kind of arguable on this

And yes, it is not bad to have theories that aren't conformed. But my storyline, and you made this at least partially due to the debate there, is a skeletal structure that tries to stay to fact as much as possible. Additional theories can be laid on top of it and glossed over as you please. I'm just trying to find hard facts and "lines" to link those facts. Lines are primarily made up of logic, reason, and likelihood. The theories that are "out there" are not bad. But they are for the rest of the forum. Generate off-kilter theories; it is one of the things that keeps this website alive. It's just not what I'm looking for.

I'm willing to just give this up for now. I "suppose" that I don't have the absolute truth here, and theres is more logical. But only in some places. In others it's far off.

ANYWAYS, I'm just going to hope that Treyarch throws us a bone and actually gives us better information. Some of those radios are worded very weirdly...

EDIT: I also might add that, in the backround, I was kind of getting pissed off at BBD. So I need to cool down.